Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-03-2015, 03:46 AM   #43541

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Martin..... Larry said when he lived in Whitstable they used jellied eels for bait... If you see him, 25 years younger or 45 years younger say hello.... His son and grands.... Yep Ziemski.... Tell Sue to try the watercolorist again...

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!

Di... DSD had other plans for our last couple of days, so we didn't get back to Whitstable. She would like to go back for another class, though. I hope she makes the chance, and many thanks for telling us about it!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2015, 06:47 AM   #43542

from Carl: "We would if the entire time before the white man showed up was considered part of American history but we all know that doesn't happen."

And:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
So true, Carl. There is a rich history among native American cultures, but I think most of us are painfully ignorant of it.

My dad was fascinated by that history and studied it all his life. He took us to Mesa Verde National Monument in SW Colorado. We saw the mummified woman before they reburied her. (Which was the right thing to do.) We got to walk through the cliff dwellings and I was absolutely mesmerized.

When Kate & I are traveling, we want to see as many Native American historical sites as possible. We're going to start with the Alibates Flint Quarries National Monument up in the Texas Panhandle. That flint was traded all over north America for thousands of years. My dad went there many times. It was like holy ground for him.

Thanks for pointing out the sad truth .....

All true, plus what followed about history being rewritten...by the victors, as always happens.

Those ancient western sites always tug at me, too, although my only ancestral connection would be eastern. Martin's interests have a completely different basis, of course, but we each enjoy the journey in our own ways.

I can see there is a treasure trove of place names to be noted. Diane's notebooking skills would be handy, if I'd discipline myself to hone them for myself! Lists...and then the ability to locate said lists when needed!

Just back from the UK, not even home yet (overnighted at O'Hare) and I'm whetted for the journey SW this winter! Oh what y'all have done!

Old 09-03-2015, 06:54 AM   #43543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
Quiet here today, so I'll elbow my way through the silence by reviving the topic of salt lamps.

After thinking it over, possibly a nice gift idea for the Little Red Hen on our wedding anniversary would be a salt lamp, eh? What say ye?

Being a very handy DIY chap, I came up with this idea. A while back I spotted some big salt cube blocks at the local farm store. They even have a hole in the center where a warming light bulb could be installed.

Well here is a photo. Wifey will be surprised with my thoughtfulness.
Attachment 105521

Now that there was worth a belly laugh! OTOH...you never know, it might work.... Budget version.
Old 09-03-2015, 07:02 AM   #43544

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
I can't believe the PC crowd won and they have reissued the Mark Twain Books.

No! Are you kidding? Re- um - phrased? Gack!
Old 09-03-2015, 07:08 AM   #43545

from Wayne:

<font color="Blue">Strange language. They pronounce "schedule" "Shedule" but they pronounce "school" like we do. Why don't they say "Shoole?"

I refer you to a wonderful little book titled "Mother Tongue", by Bill Bryson. It'll have you rolling out of your recliner doubled up laughing, but you'll also get some great history lessons from it.

They also say "I can", but in the same breathe will say "I cahn't". Go figger.
Old 09-03-2015, 07:19 AM   #43546

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Sheba is one gorgeous girl and no doubt is ready to wander all over the Rainbow. But, I think maybe we are going to beat her there ... full time, that is.

Your childhood memory made me smile. I can just picture you at the salt lick ....

I wish everyone would write about one of their favorite childhood memories ... take inspiration from Sarah and go for it!
Loved Sarah's memory. And Mel, I'll take the bait.

Starting my young life in urban Southern California with only TV westerns for pasture, I used to gallop my stick horse (imaginary stick, even) up and down the sidewalks yelling "dun-da-luuuun!" Where I got that, nobody knows!

Or earlier than that, the Christmas I was given a red slicker and matching boots. The memory is of going outside and stomping in every rain puddle those sidewalks had to offer. Simple joys!
Old 09-03-2015, 07:24 AM   #43547

Quote:
Mmmmmm making pasta again...... Guess this flavor?

Attachment 105606

Attachment 105607

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!

Squid ink?
Old 09-03-2015, 07:24 AM   #43548

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
This may be interesting, but in my case, likely boring. I was a perfect child, perfect, I say.

Yeah, right! 😳
Old 09-03-2015, 07:27 AM   #43549

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Indeed. This was a grand day trip! (GDT)! We could easily spend a couple months here.

Hard to shoot pics from the passenger seat of Jeffs Jeep.

Ya done good, fer handicapping from shotgun!
Old 09-03-2015, 07:30 AM   #43550

Quote:
Originally Posted by PushedAround View Post
YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME. I can't check the thread for 2 days and there are 10 pages?

I give up. Just PM me if my name ever comes up.

Roll up yer pant legs, guy, and just wade in!
Old 09-03-2015, 07:36 AM   #43551

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Tomorrow it is our quest to see if we can spy the great salt lake, and perhaps hear the Morman Tabernacle Choir practicing ..... At least that's the plan...

Good plan! Mother and I used to listen to their radio program every week. Beautiful music, it was, and a good memory of family time.
Old 09-03-2015, 07:57 AM   #43552
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Ok Di or anyone, I updated where I am on Rvillage but when I click on Group Map it doesn't show anyone anywhere, even me! What up?

On the map?
Go to the tiny little radius button underneath on the left... It defaults to 25 miles radius... Change to all members, then click search

It will then show where everyone is, i mean the ones that are on and update....

Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 08:15 AM   #43553

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Timster, did you screw up another forum.
I don't like their new map

Quote:
On the map?
Go to the tiny little radius button underneath on the left... It defaults to 25 miles radius... Change to all members, then click search

It will then show where everyone is, i mean the ones that are on and update....

Thanks Di, tell them I don't like their new map!
Old 09-03-2015, 08:29 AM   #43554

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
R U an RV Mutant too?

G'morning, mutants. See the resemblance? We have a mutant in our midst.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1441286928.124682.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	105664   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1441286945.732204.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	234.5 KB
ID:	105665  

virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote

« Bananas | - »