Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-06-2013, 08:52 AM   #4355
Senior Dude
 
Dogpatch's Avatar


 
Forest River Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere, BC.
Posts: 5,576
Blog Entries: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
As I've mentioned before, 401k is off limits until next July and making ready is job 1. But then again - just dropped a bundle on two weeks vacation - will drop a small one in April for the Grade Curiosity. What's a mutant to do? Those two mutations could go / have gone to principle on Bonita. It will be as soon as possible and without a debt or care in the world. Just won't go if we owe 1 red cent. That's written in stone. Need 1 Jeep and Bonitas title and were on the Rainbow for the duration!
Glad you guys made it home safe and sound and Bonita performed as expected.
__________________

__________________
Les (RVM12), Bonnie, Morgan and 4 leggers Bella & Bruce
2010 Forest River Cardinal 3450RL 40' Full Body Paint- 2015 Ram 3500 Laramie 6.7 ltr Turbo Diesel, 68RFE Trans. 4x4 SRW SB Pullrite 2900 18K FMCA-420438 Good Sam
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2013, 09:07 AM   #4356
Senior Dude
 
Dogpatch's Avatar


 
Forest River Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere, BC.
Posts: 5,576
Blog Entries: 8
When we are out with Monica (the Monaco) and towing my truck, I have to stop every 2-3 hours to go through a series of shifts to exercise the transmission on my F150 per Ford. I do it every 2 hours and walk around and stretch at the same time.

I use my cruise as much as possible and shift my legs around as much as I can. I get restless legs. I cover every square inch of my drivers compartment.

Steve, You may want to look at your seat height adjust. Too high may be restricting the flow to your affected foot/ankle.
__________________

__________________
Les (RVM12), Bonnie, Morgan and 4 leggers Bella & Bruce
2010 Forest River Cardinal 3450RL 40' Full Body Paint- 2015 Ram 3500 Laramie 6.7 ltr Turbo Diesel, 68RFE Trans. 4x4 SRW SB Pullrite 2900 18K FMCA-420438 Good Sam
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:25 AM   #4357
Senior Member
 
HerbnBarb's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: North Richland Hills, TX
Posts: 1,558
Steve glad you and Annie made it back safely. Listen to the advice on the ankle cause it works.

Dogpatch are you flat towing your F150? Ford told me I couldn't or it would destroy the tranny. Mine is an automatic.
__________________
'08 Winnebago Journey 39Z 350 Cummins w/ Freightliner Chassis, '14 Jeep Cherokee Trail Hawk
Herb n Barb, Abby, Molly, Gidget
HerbnBarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:37 AM   #4358
Senior Dude
 
Dogpatch's Avatar


 
Forest River Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere, BC.
Posts: 5,576
Blog Entries: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Steve glad you and Annie made it back safely. Listen to the advice on the ankle cause it works. Dogpatch are you flat towing your F150? Ford told me I couldn't or it would destroy the tranny. Mine is an automatic.
Yes I tow mine 4 down. It's a 2013 F150 Platinum 4x4 with 6 speed automatic transmission. I go through a sequence on my 4 wheel drive shifter knob to engage towing mode. What year/model is yours?
__________________
Les (RVM12), Bonnie, Morgan and 4 leggers Bella & Bruce
2010 Forest River Cardinal 3450RL 40' Full Body Paint- 2015 Ram 3500 Laramie 6.7 ltr Turbo Diesel, 68RFE Trans. 4x4 SRW SB Pullrite 2900 18K FMCA-420438 Good Sam
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:51 AM   #4359
Senior Member
 
HerbnBarb's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: North Richland Hills, TX
Posts: 1,558
Mine is 2011 Platinum F150 2 wheel drive with automatic.
__________________
'08 Winnebago Journey 39Z 350 Cummins w/ Freightliner Chassis, '14 Jeep Cherokee Trail Hawk
Herb n Barb, Abby, Molly, Gidget
HerbnBarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:23 AM   #4360
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,662
Thanks all for the sound advice and concern. Much better today! For the past several years I've been clipping articles from the various RVing magazines and somewhere in that stack is a article on exercises and tips for drivers aches and pains. One section was on lower extremity swelling. I thought I had it committed to mutant memory but must not have retained it and retained water instead.

One of the tips was on proper seat adjustment. The advice is to adjust the front edge of the seat to point down toward the floor so there is some space between it and the back of the leg behind the knee. With the right adjustment, the foot on the pedals should result in the back of the leg being elevated above the edge of the seat. You should have space between the seat edge and the back of the leg. Your weight is then concentrated on the body part you're supposed to sit on and not the legs.

I've been tying to find the right seat adjustment and sort of split the difference - not elevated but little or no pressure on the back of the leg. You don't have the same problem with a car seat because there just isn't that much seat. These motor home seats are so big you have to get the adjustment right. For mine to be right I have to bring it forward and the wheel up and seat tilted downward more than I like. Just need to spend a little more time messing with all the buttons - or grow a longer leg, put blocks on the peddles, or sit on a telephone book (whatever that is).

I hope I can find that article as it covered several stretching exercises for arms - backs - neck etc. If I can, I'll make copies for the Grande Curiosity in the spring.

Thanks again mutants! I can always count you for the sound mutant wisdom that comes from years of mutating. It would be silly to think living on the rainbow didn't require a few tricks to maintain proper balance and footing!

Beautiful fall day here at the transition apartment. Can honestly say, Annie and discussed it again last night and concluded - if we didn't have it, we wouldn't miss it. That said - the hot Epsom salt - 50 gallon garden tub sure felt good last night. I've said it before. Our mutation budget will provide for a few nights now and again for a hotel visit for the in room Jacuzzi tub - mini bar, cocktail lounge, and room service. Now it is true that we had access to sauna - heated indoor pool - and spa in Kerrville but still love room service and a 4 or 5 star hotel (no bed bugs please) now and then.

I know the occasional hotel stay may be like rope lights. Some mutants do - some do not - and some are on the fence. But they aren't all flea bags - or are they? Ponder amongst yourselves!
RVM2
-- Steve and Annie --
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:37 AM   #4361
Senior Member
 
PTJeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Our 14 year old neighbour came by this evening with something for our tomorrow BBQ event. Fresh Salmon and enough for two.

Excellent !!!!

Grilled or Blackened Salmon is out-of-the-park deliciousness !!!!

Cheers !!!!
__________________
Jeff & Marcia .... RVM 39
2000 Beaver Patriot 425 Thunder 40'
2008 Jeep Wrangler X
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:38 AM   #4362
Senior Dude
 
Dogpatch's Avatar


 
Forest River Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere, BC.
Posts: 5,576
Blog Entries: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Mine is 2011 Platinum F150 2 wheel drive with automatic.
I did a bit of looking around and found this link. I also copied the excerpt from the link. Apparently you model and year is not flat towable. They do say that there may be circulation kits available to make it work, but I would contact BlueOx to see if yours is one of them. It would likely void your warranty if something happened though.
Still might be worth a look into.
http://www.blueox.com/Uploads/Docs/DinghyGuide2011.pdf
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	307.4 KB
ID:	47324  
__________________
Les (RVM12), Bonnie, Morgan and 4 leggers Bella & Bruce
2010 Forest River Cardinal 3450RL 40' Full Body Paint- 2015 Ram 3500 Laramie 6.7 ltr Turbo Diesel, 68RFE Trans. 4x4 SRW SB Pullrite 2900 18K FMCA-420438 Good Sam
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:00 AM   #4363
KAS
Senior Member
 
KAS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 237
Hey fellow Mutants, I tried to post an avatar but it doesn't show up for me, so I don't know if it is something I did wrong, or what.

Can anyone see it?
__________________
KAS (RVM49) Rexhall owner/Spartan. "Hey! I got a glass!"-- GES
KAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:01 AM   #4364
RVM 18
 
okmunky's Avatar


 
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fulltimer, SD resident
Posts: 5,344
Hey Steve,

I have issues with ankle swelling. I only drive for 2 hours and then lay down for at least one hour. You might consider a knee high compression sock for when you have to drive a long distance.

Amazon.com: Fytto Style 1067 Men's Comfy Support Travel and Dress Compression Socks, 15-20mmHg, Knee High, Large, Black, Manufactured by Pintoli: Health & Personal Care

I'm betting you stayed out as long as you could and then had a longer drive back to Plano than you normally do.
__________________
Barb (RVM18), Sena (capuchin monkey, RVM Head Mascot) & Lily (Maltese/Yorkie)
2011 Shasta Cynara 230F & 2012 Smart Car toad, 272 watt solar system
The Journey is Our Destination. Full-timing since 5/18/2011 and loving it.
okmunky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:01 AM   #4365
Senior Member
 
PTJeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Thanks all for the sound advice and concern. Much better today! For the past several years I've been clipping articles from the various RVing magazines and somewhere in that stack is a article on exercises and tips for drivers aches and pains. One section was on lower extremity swelling. I thought I had it committed to mutant memory but must not have retained it and retained water instead.

One of the tips was on proper seat adjustment. The advice is to adjust the front edge of the seat to point down toward the floor so there is some space between it and the back of the leg behind the knee. With the right adjustment, the foot on the pedals should result in the back of the leg being elevated above the edge of the seat. You should have space between the seat edge and the back of the leg. Your weight is then concentrated on the body part you're supposed to sit on and not the legs.

I've been tying to find the right seat adjustment and sort of split the difference - not elevated but little or no pressure on the back of the leg. You don't have the same problem with a car seat because there just isn't that much seat. These motor home seats are so big you have to get the adjustment right. For mine to be right I have to bring it forward and the wheel up and seat tilted downward more than I like. Just need to spend a little more time messing with all the buttons - or grow a longer leg, put blocks on the peddles, or sit on a telephone book (whatever that is).

I hope I can find that article as it covered several stretching exercises for arms - backs - neck etc. If I can, I'll make copies for the Grande Curiosity in the spring.

Thanks again mutants! I can always count you for the sound mutant wisdom that comes from years of mutating. It would be silly to think living on the rainbow didn't require a few tricks to maintain proper balance and footing!

Beautiful fall day here at the transition apartment. Can honestly say, Annie and discussed it again last night and concluded - if we didn't have it, we wouldn't miss it. That said - the hot Epsom salt - 50 gallon garden tub sure felt good last night. I've said it before. Our mutation budget will provide for a few nights now and again for a hotel visit for the in room Jacuzzi tub - mini bar, cocktail lounge, and room service. Now it is true that we had access to sauna - heated indoor pool - and spa in Kerrville but still love room service and a 4 or 5 star hotel (no bed bugs please) now and then.

I know the occasional hotel stay may be like rope lights. Some mutants do - some do not - and some are on the fence. But they aren't all flea bags - or are they? Ponder amongst yourselves!
RVM2
-- Steve and Annie --
Hey Steve,

Excellent information I would like a copy of those seat adjustments and the exercises both, I'm sure the epsom salt garden tub felt great. When we had a S&B we had an 8-person 450 gallon hot tub in the sunroom, and we used it a lot, but then Marcia started developing respiratory problems, and she went to see her Doc, and tests were done, and come to find out it was a reaction to the tub chemicals, so we changed the chemicals, but the problems still persisted, so we had to get rid of the tub.

As far as hotels, we stayed in so many going out to California and back to Michigan last Dec./Jan and then out to Arizona and back to Michigan last May, that if never stay in a hotel/motel again it will be to soon, I have yet to find one with a real comfortable bed and 9 times out of 10, at 6'-3" my feet stick out, and the chairs and sofa's are not comfortable either, and who knows whats happened on those, I have seen lots of them with strange kinds of stains on them.

But of course you have to do what makes you & Annie the happiest, that is of the utmost importance. Cant wait until you can claim your space on the Rainbow.

Cheers !!!
__________________
Jeff & Marcia .... RVM 39
2000 Beaver Patriot 425 Thunder 40'
2008 Jeep Wrangler X
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:06 AM   #4366
Senior Member
 
PTJeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAS View Post
Hey fellow Mutants, I tried to post an avatar but it doesn't show up for me, so I don't know if it is something I did wrong, or what.

Can anyone see it?

Hey KAS,

No avatar as of yet, you have to go into your CP (command post) and you will find the avatar choices on the left, maybe you have found that already, I am not sure if you have to restart your pc after doing this, you could always pm one of the site moderators like SarahW.

Cheers !!!
__________________
Jeff & Marcia .... RVM 39
2000 Beaver Patriot 425 Thunder 40'
2008 Jeep Wrangler X
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:17 AM   #4367
KAS
Senior Member
 
KAS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 237
Thank you, I followed your directions, did what I thought I did before, and now it shows up. I need a cute avatar, but meanwhile I settled for pretty.
__________________
KAS (RVM49) Rexhall owner/Spartan. "Hey! I got a glass!"-- GES
KAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:18 AM   #4368
Senior Member
 
PTJeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Hey Steve,

I have issues with ankle swelling. I only drive for 2 hours and then lay down for at least one hour. You might consider a knee high compression sock for when you have to drive a long distance.

Amazon.com: Fytto Style 1067 Men's Comfy Support Travel and Dress Compression Socks, 15-20mmHg, Knee High, Large, Black, Manufactured by Pintoli: Health & Personal Care

I'm betting you stayed out as long as you could and then had a longer drive back to Plano than you normally do.
Hey Barb,

I have a set of compression socks that I put on if I know I have to have a long day of driving, I use them as preventive maintenance, simply because if I dont, I'll get the swelling as well.

Ya know its said that once ya pass 50 its just "Patch, Patch,Patch"

Cheers !!!
__________________

__________________
Jeff & Marcia .... RVM 39
2000 Beaver Patriot 425 Thunder 40'
2008 Jeep Wrangler X
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 5 (2 members and 3 guests)
bokobird, chuckinthebus
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.