Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-05-2015, 09:07 PM   #43737

Video of wandering thru the trees may eventually appear. If no, I'll try again when we reach civilization on Monday.

Welcome to our new mutants (when they complete the formal protocol for membership). Whose filling the slot for #124?

Thinking of you Dennis and Denise. I cried like a baby when I took our 18 year old Toy poodle/terrier (Mitzi) to the vet for the final time.

Papawto5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-05-2015, 09:13 PM   #43738

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Howdy, Russ.

Grandpa, Dad and many of his friends worked for UP in Omaha. I love steam engines.

This is my ugly Brother, but he's the only one I have.

Click image for larger version

Name:	COLORADO 124.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	356.0 KB
ID:	105965

Name:	COLORADO 100.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	628.9 KB
ID:	105971

Thanks for being here.

Old 09-05-2015, 09:19 PM   #43739

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
OK, finally figured out how to do video from photobucket I hope... the mobile version (app) I couldn't figure out....

Here is flying over Hanksville, UT area. the area we fly over is called goblin valley.
One of the videos has a period of black in it where I believe I put the camera down for a bit and forgot to turn it off, then pick it up to film more. ( still learning that feature on the phone....lol)

This one is landing.

Well, that was an adventure! Almost felt I should put my feet down for the landing. That might have been a mistake! Thanks!
Old 09-05-2015, 09:20 PM   #43740

Redwoods part dux

Blasted pictures keep showing up sideways or upsidedown. What can be done to have them post upright?? Or to turn them after posting??
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0648.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	532.0 KB
ID:	105972   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0649.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	552.9 KB
ID:	105973  

Name:	IMG_0644.jpg
Size:	389.9 KB
ID:	105974   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0640.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	460.3 KB
ID:	105975  

Old 09-05-2015, 09:26 PM   #43741

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Hey STMs!
Let me introduce Russ, about the finest train museum tour guide ever, and he is about as Mutant as you can get!

Russ and his dear wife Mera are now RVM125! Woot (train whistle)
They live in Carson City, NV and Russ has been a volunteer at the Nevada State Railway Museum for many years. If you are anywhere near Carson City, give Russ a PM and be ready for a grand tour and train ride!
Nola and I spent about 5 hours with Russ on a purely gorgeous day.
Please welcome Russ and Mera to RVMville!

BTW, Russ has a RR Volunteer plate on his car with 025 on it, which goes along with him being a certified engineer on the 25 engine shown here. Thus RVM #125 seemed appropriate.
So we are a hundert times greater??

Russ and Mera.
Welcome to the best place on the rainbow.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 09:28 PM   #43742

The previous pictures came out properly positioned because Mary Ann held the ipad "wideways" not "tallways" when she took the pictures. There should be a way to edit "tallways" pictures so they post right side up. Is there such a thing on ipad 4?? Or is it a problem with iRV2 not repositioning the photos. Mary Ann says that Facebook automatically figures out up from down on all pictures.
Old 09-05-2015, 09:53 PM   #43743

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Been away a few days & once again I am waaaay behind. But read enough to know Dennis and Denise had to say goodbye to a precious little family member. Really feel for y'all, Dennis. Man ommmms coming your way for the coming days.
Thanks, we are keepng busy and sleeping trying to keep from running out of tears. She was a puppy mill mommy and lived 7 1/2 years in a cage batching out babies. When she went sterile they puppy mill folks abandoned her. We ended up getting her from rescue and we tried giving her everything she had never had before we adopted her. I'd like to have a steel baseball bat and be put into "Puppy Mill Owner Attitude Adjusting." For the first 6 weeks we owned her she cowered in a closet and then she opened up and started to develop her own little personality. Because of neglect and over breeding she had numerous health issues but we did what we could for her and I think until this last episode she was really enjoying her life. Big safe yard to play in and a brother and a sister to play with. My son claimed she thought she had died and gone to puppy heaven.

Quote:

Pawpaw, those were some stunning pics from the West Coast! We were at Redwood a few years ago & would love to return.

Steve, ye olde great potentater, we are enjoying an outing in Bow (pics later). Alas, when I drove her to the house on Thursday evening, I turned on the genny to run the front AC while loading. A bit later, I noticed a funny smell. Looked under genny to find oil on the street. Dipped a finger in it. Fresh.

Cummins in Amarillo changed the genny oil as well as the engine oil. They made a mess of the engine oil change as you know, but Freightliner's Cummins certified tech fixed it properly. (Amarillo Cummins paid for the repair to the tune of $845. But it costs us 3 weeks and 2 weekends of camping we had planned. I cannot recommend them. After paying them over $4,600 I expected a proper repair, not the headaches we've had!)

Since this was the first time we had turned on the genny since Cummins changed the oil, it looks like they mucked up that oil change, too. So, I have to call the fine fellows over at Freightliner on Tuesday to see when they can look at the genny. It never leaked a drop of oil before Amarillo Cummins got hold of it. Sigh.
I wonder if justifiable homicide would hold up in court.

Quote:
The 25 switching ends in Hobo Hollow. (Drooling yet, Dennis?)
Yup just about got my laptop's keyboard all drooled out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Video of wandering thru the trees may eventually appear. If no, I'll try again when we reach civilization on Monday.

Welcome to our new mutants (when they complete the formal protocol for membership). Whose filling the slot for #124?

Thinking of you Dennis and Denise. I cried like a baby when I took our 18 year old Toy poodle/terrier (Mitzi) to the vet for the final time.
I'm still not even close to stopping crying. Really loved the little imp. We did the best we could for her.

Quote:
The previous pictures came out properly positioned because Mary Ann held the ipad "wideways" not "tallways" when she took the pictures. There should be a way to edit "tallways" pictures so they post right side up. Is there such a thing on ipad 4?? Or is it a problem with iRV2 not repositioning the photos. Mary Ann says that Facebook automatically figures out up from down on all pictures.
If you use Google there is a download they offer called picasa that allows all kinds of piccture editing. Rotating is part of the package.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 10:04 PM   #43744

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
The 25 switching ends in Hobo Hollow. (Drooling yet, Dennis?)
Attachment 105966
A co-volunteer of Russ in front of the McKeen Motorcar #22
Attachment 105967
Attachment 105968
Attachment 105969
The ceiling is wood and pin striped
Attachment 105970
Most awesome Dave. Russ is and has been on our list since he first chimed in.

Really great pics Dave!
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 10:11 PM   #43745

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Steve - on the Galaxy S5 the Drop down in the Gallery has
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1441509048354.jpg
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	105988  
Old 09-05-2015, 10:11 PM   #43746
RVM1

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Most awesome Dave. Russ is and has been on our list since he first chimed in.

Really great pics Dave!

Thanks Steve! The subjects and lighting were just right, luckily.
Russ has ONLY been following our thread from day one!
I qualified him for RVMdom while sitting at a picnic table on the grounds of the Railway Museum. What a pleasure it was!
I urge all who can to visit Carson City after you hook up with Russ. In contrast to the RVM credo, this Museum (and Russ) is a grand Destination!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 10:31 PM   #43747

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Visited and was awed by the Redwoods National Park.

My version of "Jeepin' ". In my Chevy HHR.
Steve one of my earliest memories of vacation with my family as a kid was tent camping Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Park.

Sometimes I think I can still smell the redwood, pine and campfire smoke. I know without a doubt that those trips were instrumental in my RV bug and mutantness.

It seems like just yesterday I was watching my dad fill the red tank on the green Coleman stove. He'd let me pump it up.

Those were the days that guided and shaped the direction of all the days to follow.
Old 09-05-2015, 10:39 PM   #43748

Welcome Russ & Mera!

Colleen, traveling with Don (KSCrude) & Mr. Malone
MZCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 11:28 PM   #43749

Fleetwood Owners Club
Great mini-c with Ginny and Jim today. Good to see great friends!

Old 09-06-2015, 12:58 AM   #43750
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
[QUOTE=huntnski;2731089]Mark what Jeff said! The short version is like minded people with, and some without, an RV of some sort that like to have fun? And if the fun is at someone else's expense even better! Jump in, join the conversations and see what we're talking about?
Oh, and when we meet up there's always Food!

Forgot to add, I'm the serious one in the group! Kind, Careing, Considerate, yep that's me![/QUOTE]

Welcome Russ & Mera, I'm Tim's bold twin broher.

Quote:
[...]
Cummins in Amarillo changed the genny oil as well as the engine oil. They made a mess of the engine oil change as you know, but Freightliner's Cummins certified tech fixed it properly. (Amarillo Cummins paid for the repair to the tune of $845. But it costs us 3 weeks and 2 weekends of camping we had planned. I cannot recommend them. After paying them over $4,600 I expected a proper repair, not the headaches we've had!)

Since this was the first time we had turned on the genny since Cummins changed the oil, it looks like they mucked up that oil change, too. So, I have to call the fine fellows over at Freightliner on Tuesday to see when they can look at the genny. It never leaked a drop of oil before Amarillo Cummins got hold of it. Sigh.
Knock it off Bow - and go kick some Cummins butt. They should be made to refund what ever the costs were just on principle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Wayne - Earlene - Herb and Barb - what great fun and awesome pics. We have sure missed all of you this year. :-(
Earlene said the other day, "We should have gone to Bryce." Oh well - next time, but not the Maritime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezman View Post
Jackie came across this, thought if was fitting.
ROFL!

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote

« Endless Tale Game | - »