Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-06-2015, 09:44 PM   #43793

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
And how are the trees?
They did good today and stayed in place! No jumping out in front of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Lesson 2, Maine-ish pronunciation:
Bah Hawbah
Dontchaknow?
Sodah
More:
Chowdah
Lobstah
Arkansawr
We'll be working on it! by next year we'll fit right in!

Quote:
And your pet bats?
Didnt see any so far.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2015, 10:10 PM   #43794

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Guess who keeps busy by getting up early to be at the annual Salmon Festival at four am to start serving breakfasts at 5 am to fishermen headed out to the big derby.

We are raising funds for the Bread of Life Society by selling the early morning specials. Left to right Kathy, Cody, Lynne, Roy (Kathy's Hubby) yours truly and Denise. (DW)

Serving a couple hundred breakfasts is mind numbing and fun.

Denise has a lovely smile, but I'll tellya, it looks like you got dumped outa yer bunk too early! There is no such thing as 4am, is there? Really???

Hope you had a great time!
Old 09-06-2015, 10:14 PM   #43795

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Denise has a lovely smile, but I'll tellya, it looks like you got dumped outa yer bunk too early! There is no such thing as 4am, is there? Really???

Yeah, Barb....Let's wish them well and applaud them for belief in non-existant Oh-Darks
(Hi Sena and Lily)
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 06:55 AM   #43796

Quote:
Yeah, Barb....Let's wish them well and applaud them for belief in non-existant Oh-Darks
(Hi Sena and Lily)

👏👏👏 (and 4:00 was getting there. Getting up was ... even more unbelievable!)

I'll pass your greetings on, shall I? 😙 😇 Hi Barb and Sena and Lily from Dave, and me too!

Cheers!
Old 09-07-2015, 07:42 AM   #43797
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post

Dennis was pretty upset about having to get up so early, methinks.
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 07:44 AM   #43798

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Dennis was pretty upset about having to get up so early, methinks.

Didn't even bother to comb his hair.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 07:45 AM   #43799
MPH

The silent one says to tell y'all that she has fond memories of the GC 2.0 at CL and looks forward to seeing everyone sometime. 😎
Old 09-07-2015, 08:28 AM   #43800

American Coach Owners Club
R U an RV Mutant

Quote:
The silent one says to tell y'all that she has fond memories of the GC 2.0 at CL and looks forward to seeing everyone sometime. 😎
Good morning Kate... you too Mel.
rezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 08:31 AM   #43801

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Likewise Mel. Kates Sunday Meditation was wonderful. We will give her another opportunity one day.

So did all the house systems work properly this weekend?
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 08:55 AM   #43802

Not to drastically alter the flow of the chatter, but does anyone recall this?

Probably like everyone else, I associate mental images with sights, sounds, even aroma ... all in a mixed replay when I hear a song from the past.

For me, this one was playing on the radio station in Saigon, called AFVN (Armed Forces Viet Nam). It was on AM broadcast frequency, and I would always dial in AFVN on the NDB (non directional beacon receiver) so "the needle" would be a guide to point to the known transmitter tower location as one of the ways we managed to not get lost out there over the jungle.

On an otherwise routine flight one early morning, we got a frantic radio call about some River Patrol boat that was under heavy fire from the shoreline on the Mekong River. The radioed position was nearly under us, so we dropped down to skim low level up the river. The thought was to help the river boat with some suppressive fire into the shoreline. We saw the smoke puffs both from the River boat and the shoreline. By that time we were in radio contact with the boat. The guys in the boat agreed to stop firing when we made a fast run close to the shore. The rapid staccato sound of our gunfire, the pounding of the rotor blades as we did a steep turn, AND ... that song being played in our headsets all happened at once.

So ... when I hear "Hooked on a Feeling" by BJ Thomas, I can feel the vibration of that powerful Chinook helicopter in my hands, along with the intercom chatter from the crew, and other radios. The visual aspect was water spouts as the bullets smacked into the muddy shoreline. Even the adrenaline rush is revisited !!

A while back, I watched a DVD of Guardians of the Galaxy, not knowing that Hooked on a Feeling would be the theme song. Upon hearing it, I was pacing the floor with an adrenalin fueled flashback.

Well so much for my interlude of sights, sounds, and flashbacks to add to this day's chatter.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 09:00 AM   #43803

Quote:

Can't wait till we meet again ......excited!😃

Colleen, traveling with Don (KSCrude) & Mr. Malone
MZCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 09:09 AM   #43804

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
Not to drastically alter the flow of the chatter, but does anyone recall this?

Probably like everyone else, I associate mental images with sights, sounds, even aroma ... all in a mixed replay when I hear a song from the past.

For me, this one was playing on the radio station in Saigon, called AFVN (Armed Forces Viet Nam). It was on AM broadcast frequency, and I would always dial in AFVN on the NDB (non directional beacon receiver) so "the needle" would be a guide to point to the known transmitter tower location as one of the ways we managed to not get lost out there over the jungle.

On an otherwise routine flight one early morning, we got a frantic radio call about some River Patrol boat that was under heavy fire from the shoreline on the Mekong River. The radioed position was nearly under us, so we dropped down to skim low level up the river. The thought was to help the river boat with some suppressive fire into the shoreline. We saw the smoke puffs both from the River boat and the shoreline. By that time we were in radio contact with the boat. The guys in the boat agreed to stop firing when we made a fast run close to the shore. The rapid staccato sound of our gunfire, the pounding of the rotor blades as we did a steep turn, AND ... that song being played in our headsets all happened at once.

So ... when I hear "Hooked on a Feeling" by BJ Thomas, I can feel the vibration of that powerful Chinook helicopter in my hands, along with the intercom chatter from the crew, and other radios. The visual aspect was water spouts as the bullets smacked into the muddy shoreline. Even the adrenaline rush is revisited !!

A while back, I watched a DVD of Guardians of the Galaxy, not knowing that Hooked on a Feeling would be the theme song. Upon hearing it, I was pacing the floor with an adrenalin fueled flashback.

Well so much for my interlude of sights, sounds, and flashbacks to add to this day's chatter.
Wow. What a powerful memory. Thanks for sharing. I've always loved that song but my memories of it are nothing like yours.

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 09:12 AM   #43805

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well good morning mutants and Happy Labor Day! It looks to be a gorgeous day here in Provo. Blue skies and sunshine. Annie and Shara are chatting and I'm playing ketchup with mutant musings.

Moonrover has stuck a tune and more in our collective this morning.

It's going to be a slow and easy day today. Hope all you STMs have a great holiday!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 09:44 AM   #43806
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezman View Post
Good morning Kate... you too Mel.
Hey, Ed and Jackie. �� Hope you're having a fun holiday today. Looking forward to seeing y'all someday somewhere on the Rainbow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Likewise Mel. Kates Sunday Meditation was wonderful. We will give her another opportunity one day.

So did all the house systems work properly this weekend?
She is about to retire from preaching...I think in January. YAY!!! We'll have weekends free for 2 months before we hit the road and are free 24/7!!!

Front AC unit is acting up. Also, Cummins Amarillo screwed up the genny oil change. I ran the genny just to have AC while loading up on Thursday evening for our weekend and oil was leaking under genny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZCRUDE View Post
Can't wait till we meet again ......excited!��

Colleen, traveling with Don (KSCrude) & Mr. Malone
Ditto, Colleen! We will no doubt catch up with y'all somewhere on the Rainbow. ��

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Well good morning mutants and Happy Labor Day! It looks to be a gorgeous day here in Provo. Blue skies and sunshine. Annie and Shara are chatting and I'm playing ketchup with mutant musings.

Moonrover has stuck a tune and more in our collective this morning.

It's going to be a slow and easy day today. Hope all you STMs have a great holiday!
It's always a great holiday when you're on the Rainbow. �� ��