Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-06-2013, 11:22 AM   #4369

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAS View Post
Thank you, I followed your directions, did what I thought I did before, and now it shows up. I need a cute avatar, but meanwhile I settled for pretty.

Hi Kas,

Excellent !!!, these high faluten technical gadgets can be conquered after all, I'm glad it worked out for you, and its a nice and peaceful and pretty avatar.

Cheers !!!

PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2013, 11:23 AM   #4370

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAS View Post
Hey fellow Mutants, I tried to post an avatar but it doesn't show up for me, so I don't know if it is something I did wrong, or what.

Can anyone see it?
Lady of Fatima it looks like??

(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:42 AM   #4371

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Did a little searching around the inter-tubes and found two MH exercise specific links of merit. The second is the one I remembered on that - haven't located seat adjustment yet. Will have to go to the paper stack I guess. The first link references the common swelling issue.

Some basic exercises
http://www.campingroadtrip.com/outdo...n-up-your-body

Lots of exercises for MH drivers - MH Mag - good stuff we probably know - but I have a hard copy stashed away.
http://www.motorhome.com/feature-sto...-keep-you-fit/

Have put finding seat adjustment article on my list...
------------
Thanks Barb and others!
RVM2
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:43 AM   #4372

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Lady of Fatima it looks like??
Hey Dennis and Timarti,

Being as you both hail from our northern neighbor, Canada, whats happening weather wise up there ? Colorado, South Dakota, and Nebraska ended up getting snow already and they are afraid that some of their Octoberfests are going to have to be cancelled, How is BC?

Cheers !!!
Old 10-06-2013, 12:08 PM   #4373

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hey Dennis and Timarti,

Being as you both hail from our northern neighbor, Canada, whats happening weather wise up there ? Colorado, South Dakota, and Nebraska ended up getting snow already and they are afraid that some of their Octoberfests are going to have to be cancelled, How is BC?

Cheers !!!
We don't refer to this section of the continent as "The Pacific Northwet" for nothing. It started raining at the end of summer (mid September) and hasn't stopped yet. Mount Arrowsmith is covered in snow already and its about 3/4 of a mile above us to the east. Klitsa, Ellanor (??) and a couple of others are also covered in snow.

Down here (under 200 feet above) close to sea level it seldom snows and when it does it isn't worth shoveling because it melts before you get your wet gear on.

If things work out financially and legally we will head south shortly after Christmas. Boxing Day (Dec 26) is DW's birthday and we annually go up to Mount Washington to go tubing. way too much fun had in the snow, one day a year.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:15 PM   #4374
RV Mutant #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCRUDE View Post

Cheers !!! Great stories, all of them. But kind of sad. Detroit is in financial ruin and so is the American auto industry. Most of the few GM brands that are left build them in foreign countries. And most all the parts for Fords and others are made elsewhere. Nothing is American made anymore, and our economy is weak and we have no government on duty, not that you can tell much difference anyway!:
Well, I just bought a truck bed cover for my F-150 from Peragon, which is 100% American made. It is a super cover and they have fantastic customer support, since you buy factory direct and have to install it yourself, which this 63-year-old lady managed ok! (The scariest part was drilling holes in the truck to mount the rails, lol.) Doin' my Canadian bit to support US economic recovery.
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:15 PM   #4375
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Still nice in the Interior of BC. We're the desert area of the province. Everything is still nice and green but fall is coming. Cool at night. Temp should get up to 68F today and sunny.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:28 PM   #4376
RV Mutant #29

Quote:
Hey Dennis and Timarti,

Cheers !!!
So far only light frost here in northern Ontario, actually earlier than usual. It has been sunny the past week, temps seasonal, 50s to 70ish on a good day! We are about the level of northern Michigan, latitude-wise. Today rain and cool, same for the next 3 days. The fall color was spectaular the last week of Sept. Leaves starting to blow off now. We sometimes get a fall snow that melts. The past few years we almost have not had a white Christmas! Last year it snowed the day before (but then it kept going, right into May
Old 10-06-2013, 12:47 PM   #4377

Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti View Post
Well, I just bought a truck bed cover for my F-150 from Peragon, which is 100% American made. It is a super cover and they have fantastic customer support, since you buy factory direct and have to install it yourself, which this 63-year-old lady managed ok! (The scariest part was drilling holes in the truck to mount the rails, lol.) Doin' my Canadian bit to support US economic recovery.
Thank you Tina !!

I know exactly what you mean by drilling holes in a perfectly good truck, the last truck I owned was a 1994 Chevy 1/2 ton and I put a bug deflector and tonneau cover on the bed as well, and had to drill holes, I think I actually broke out in a cold sweat. Of course if you ask Marcia, she says if I even look at a screwdriver or any kind of tool I brak out in a cold sweat, go figure.

I was in Northern Ontario in 2004 at Chapleau for a black bear hunt, it was August 24th and it was a whole whopping 38 degrees in the middle of the day. I did get a 400 pound black bear, but the thing that I found was the hardiest were the Canadian mosquitoes, they didnt let 38 degrees faze them at all.

Cheers !!!
Old 10-06-2013, 12:52 PM   #4378

Quote:
We don't refer to this section of the continent as "The Pacific Northwet" for nothing. It started raining at the end of summer (mid September) and hasn't stopped yet. Mount Arrowsmith is covered in snow already and its about 3/4 of a mile above us to the east. Klitsa, Ellanor (??) and a couple of others are also covered in snow.

Down here (under 200 feet above) close to sea level it seldom snows and when it does it isn't worth shoveling because it melts before you get your wet gear on.

If things work out financially and legally we will head south shortly after Christmas. Boxing Day (Dec 26) is DW's birthday and we annually go up to Mount Washington to go tubing. way too much fun had in the snow, one day a year.
Hey Dennis and Les,

Thank you for the education on BC, I want to add that Province to my bucket list, I know I'll get there sooner or later but definitely not this year. I know last year that once winter started in Michigan it didnt quit till April, it seems that each time it started to warm up Ontario sent us another blast. So this year we are staying in Apache Junction and Yuma Arizona

Cheers !!!
Old 10-06-2013, 01:06 PM   #4379

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti View Post
So far only light frost here in northern Ontario, actually earlier than usual. It has been sunny the past week, temps seasonal, 50s to 70ish on a good day! We are about the level of northern Michigan, latitude-wise. Today rain and cool, same for the next 3 days. The fall color was spectaular the last week of Sept. Leaves starting to blow off now. We sometimes get a fall snow that melts. The past few years we almost have not had a white Christmas! Last year it snowed the day before (but then it kept going, right into May
Tina,
What part of Southern Ontario are you calling Northern Ontario. Us northern types when I lived there were adamant anything south of 17 between Sault Ste Marie and Ottawa was in Southern Ontario.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:52 PM   #4380
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Hey Dennis and Les, Thank you for the education on BC, I want to add that Province to my bucket list, I know I'll get there sooner or later but definitely not this year. I know last year that once winter started in Michigan it didnt quit till April, it seems that each time it started to warm up Ontario sent us another blast. So this year we are staying in Apache Junction and Yuma Arizona Cheers !!!
Drop us a line when you can make it. Summer is definitely the time to come here!

Here's where we live.
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2018871166.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	300.9 KB
ID:	47356
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4216452648.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	597.8 KB
ID:	47357  
Old 10-06-2013, 02:36 PM   #4381
RV Mutant #29

Quote:
Tina,
What part of Southern Ontario are you calling Northern Ontario. Us northern types when I lived there were adamant anything south of 17 between Sault Ste Marie and Ottawa was in Southern Ontario.
We are just southeast of North Bay, about 5 minutes to Hwy 17, our township is on the north border of Algonquin Park. We can get to a fantastic unserviced lakeside Algonquin campground on backroads in about 45 min. Since we came up from Toronto, all our "southern" friends think we are somewhere up around Hudson's Bay.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:47 PM   #4382

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Drop us a line when you can make it. Summer is definitely the time to come here!

Here's where we live.
Attachment 47356
Hi Les !!!

Sounds great !! if you have someplace I can stuff this 40' coach even better, or I can find someplace nearby, and then a stop at the store for Canadian Beer and Canadian Whiskey, those are always favorites. This coming June we will have to be back in Michigan for awhile cause my niece is graduating highschool and we will want to see the grandkids as well, but I know for a fact we will be seeing the Providences as soon as we are able.

Cheers !!!