Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2015, 05:42 PM   #43821

Workhorse Chassis Owner
My Wonder Bird...Rhett the Scatlet Macaw

Sorry bout last pic...This is the perch I built for safe travel yesterday.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RhettRV1.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	106186   Click image for larger version

Name:	RhettnGus.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	106187  

Name:	RhettRV2.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	106188   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rhett.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	106190  

RVM #124
We're the new guys you see at Campground......
2001 Four Winds/ Thor P32 Hurricane 8.1L 31k miles
MarkEmerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2015, 05:48 PM   #43822

Workhorse Chassis Owner
That's Gus our English Lab pulling guard duty...After local maiden voyage, we will be heading to DelMarVa Bike week in Maryland for our first week long trip with the Rv...
Safe travels all!

Mark, Becky, Gus, Rhett and Suzi the Attack Cat!
RVM #124
Old 09-07-2015, 06:06 PM   #43823

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam60 View Post
If any Mutants make their way to/through Pahrump this coming winter please be sure to let me know.

And Vegas. We could have a mini c!!

Colleen, traveling with Don (KSCrude) & Mr. Malone
MZCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 06:09 PM   #43824

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Denise has a lovely smile, but I'll tellya, it looks like you got dumped outa yer bunk too early! There is no such thing as 4am, is there? Really???

Hope you had a great time!
You have to know that I was only there because I thought it a good way of raising money for our charity and being I love getting up at the crack of noon my body's equilibrium was challenged at many levels. I have to consciously think to smile when I am getting my countenance imprinted on the pixels as I am not known for excessive smiling. My DW really does have a sly smile eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
Not to drastically alter the flow of the chatter, but does anyone recall this?

Probably like everyone else, I associate mental images with sights, sounds, even aroma ... all in a mixed replay when I hear a song from the past.

For me, this one was playing on the radio station in Saigon, called AFVN (Armed Forces Viet Nam). It was on AM broadcast frequency, and I would always dial in AFVN on the NDB (non directional beacon receiver) so "the needle" would be a guide to point to the known transmitter tower location as one of the ways we managed to not get lost out there over the jungle.

On an otherwise routine flight one early morning, we got a frantic radio call about some River Patrol boat that was under heavy fire from the shoreline on the Mekong River. The radioed position was nearly under us, so we dropped down to skim low level up the river. The thought was to help the river boat with some suppressive fire into the shoreline. We saw the smoke puffs both from the River boat and the shoreline. By that time we were in radio contact with the boat. The guys in the boat agreed to stop firing when we made a fast run close to the shore. The rapid staccato sound of our gunfire, the pounding of the rotor blades as we did a steep turn, AND ... that song being played in our headsets all happened at once.

So ... when I hear "Hooked on a Feeling" by BJ Thomas, I can feel the vibration of that powerful Chinook helicopter in my hands, along with the intercom chatter from the crew, and other radios. The visual aspect was water spouts as the bullets smacked into the muddy shoreline. Even the adrenaline rush is revisited !!

A while back, I watched a DVD of Guardians of the Galaxy, not knowing that Hooked on a Feeling would be the theme song. Upon hearing it, I was pacing the floor with an adrenalin fueled flashback.

Well so much for my interlude of sights, sounds, and flashbacks to add to this day's chatter.
I lost a great friend to a night firefight in Vietnam. I felt so ashamed of North America when that episode closed. I will never know what you went through, what you are going through or how to make it better for you but I am proud to know you and of your service to your country,

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam60 View Post
If any Mutants make their way to/through Pahrump this coming winter please be sure to let me know.
I want to get there just to be able to say I been.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 06:14 PM   #43825

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi to those who have checked in... Sam, Sue, Barb, Ed, Mark. (Collen and Dennis who slipped in while I was posting...)

Looks like My son # 4 got his handiwork tested as it rained all morning and will rain again tomorrow. I have yet to go inside Honey and see if she is still high and dry in there ...( was last time he eternaboded her, can't see why she wouldn't be this time too, but ya never know...)

Hope everyone has had a relaxing day. I got to go meet a puppy Great Dane. Some of my clients added to their fur tribe and wanted me there for an extra set of hands when they introduced her to the rest of the gang. it went well, but no pictures yet. Will Try to get one of her Wednesday as I'll be seeing a lot of her... potty training ya know...LOL!
Old 09-07-2015, 06:21 PM   #43826

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
You have been give excellent mutant advice...

Tell us something your RV doesn't have and you don't miss - and Proudly declare - the Journey is the Destination!
With that - the keys to the RVMdom and the Mop and Broom will be yours!!
Our RV has no Hot tub...I shall not miss it....As a life time Motorcycle rider and Former Navy Man...life is ALWAYS about the JOURNEY....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PA RUN 079.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	259.3 KB
ID:	106217  
RVM #124
Old 09-07-2015, 06:22 PM   #43827

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Dumb Canuck question time. If one was to travel from up here to do to the Phoenix area starting in January is the five and dime route the best choice? I was wondering if we could get into Nevada at the north end but that would require the use of mountain passes that are snow covered, I think? Would love to see SLC and Los Vegas.
Old 09-07-2015, 06:23 PM   #43828

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Possum..Thanks for your service!
RVM #124
Old 09-07-2015, 06:24 PM   #43829

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkEmerson View Post
Our RV has no Hot tub...I shall not miss it....As a life time Motorcycle rider and Former Navy Man...life is ALWAYS about the JOURNEY....
Nice bike. You have two weeks to make our Toy Run up here in Port Alberni BC. I know shameless plug but it is a fun family bike event.
Old 09-07-2015, 06:28 PM   #43830

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Possum..Thanks for your service!
Sorry Mark, I never made the grade and my buddy was a young guy who had duel citizenship and felt he should serve in his other homeland's war. He died a week shy of his twentieth birthday. I am sorry for how my post sounded as I do not want to usurp from something I was not part of.
Old 09-07-2015, 06:31 PM   #43831

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:

Woot! And welcome, even though the grande offishuls haven't yet declared you a offishul number. I'm sure it'll happen as soon as they wake up ... or did they, already?

Cheers!
Sue RVM #36
PS: former Navy brat
Old 09-07-2015, 06:36 PM   #43832

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
I know you passed the grand and difficult and rigorous entrance requirements so let me also welcome you to the grand and glorious mutants. #1 or #2 will be by to make if official.

Welcome aboard.
Old 09-07-2015, 06:46 PM   #43833

Quote:

Welcome Mark.... You will be rvm#124... When either 1or 2 checks back..... Btw hubby is Balitmore grown, ret Army...

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 06:46 PM   #43834

Workhorse Chassis Owner
All good...official...not yet...It's all good Possum...
I missed that war...
But...I stared down some mighty angry Russians a few times...before the wall fell...
Thanks for the welcome...We will not let Yawl down...in my best southern drawl...
oops...just got my number!!! 124!!!
I won't bore you all...
RVM #124