Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-08-2015, 08:51 PM   #43905

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Tonight we were too busy at the mutant table - tacos - Spanish rice, mango, jacima, jalapeno, hatch Chile relish, watermelon margaritas and homemade chicaronies... no pics but this one...

Jeff slaved over the chicaronies - cut, boiled for hours, cooled, dried for 7 hours and then fried. They are delicious!

Ah my favorite: chicharrones! Jeff might be my new best friend!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2015, 09:01 PM   #43906

Touring Napa Valley

So much fun visiting the Napa Valley. So many vineyards packed into one small location. We noticed that the vineyards have awakened and most have started charging for the tastings. Too many freeloaders on tastings and not enough serious buyers doing the tastings.

We sidestepped the tasting charge by telling the person behind the bar exactly what bottles of wine we wanted to buy but we wanted to check that they we "up to snuff". I tasted and bought those bottles of wine when finished. Mary Ann did not taste the wine. She was fighting a stomach ache. She'll love what I picked out.

Touring is tough duty . . . . today Napa . . . tomorrow San Francisco . . . Thursday we want to meet up with Dave and Nola somewhere in Napa Valley.

Some pics for proof. . . . .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0660.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	447.3 KB
ID:	106369   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0662.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	427.9 KB
ID:	106370  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0665.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	309.1 KB
ID:	106371   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0667.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	379.3 KB
ID:	106372  

Old 09-08-2015, 09:22 PM   #43907

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
So much fun visiting the Napa Valley. So many vineyards packed into one small location. We noticed that the vineyards have awakened and most have started charging for the tastings. Too many freeloaders on tastings and not enough serious buyers doing the tastings.

We sidestepped the tasting charge by telling the person behind the bar exactly what bottles of wine we wanted to buy but we wanted to check that they we "up to snuff". I tasted and bought those bottles of wine when finished. Mary Ann did not taste the wine. She was fighting a stomach ache. She'll love what I picked out.

Touring is tough duty . . . . today Napa . . . tomorrow San Francisco . . . Thursday we want to meet up with Dave and Nola somewhere in Napa Valley.

Napa Valley...St. Helena...birthplace of one RVM#36. Been back once, and it's beautiful. Enjoy!
Old 09-08-2015, 09:31 PM   #43908
MPH

Quote:

Awesome pics, Steve! Mary Ann in the giant rocker makes me think of Lily Tomlin's Edith Ann character. :-) If I was on the puter I'd stick in a video of Edith Ann. Mutants???
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 09:33 PM   #43909

Quote:

Sorries to your dear lady! Please be well, Sue.
How about a MC in Santa Rosa?
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 09:36 PM   #43910

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
How I could type "Lake Ontario" and it could morph into "Lake so radio" is beyond me. ???

Uh, OK ... I can cease my map search for that elusive lake.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 09:43 PM   #43911

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
Uh, OK ... I can cease my map search for that elusive lake.

Fugetabowdet. It's in Minnesota!
They got lotsa lakes witout names. Want one? 😙
Old 09-08-2015, 09:48 PM   #43912

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Awesome pics, Steve! Mary Ann in the giant rocker makes me think of Lily Tomlin's Edith Ann character. :-) If I was on the puter I'd stick in a video of Edith Ann. Mutants???
Your wish is my command....
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 09:57 PM   #43913

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Sorries to your dear lady! Please be well, Sue.
How about a MC in Santa Rosa?

Nonono! Papaw Steve had the good sense to marry Mary Ann. Be well, Mary Ann!

Sue's fine. 😍
Old 09-08-2015, 10:17 PM   #43914

Update:
The Wohlford and Steen clans will meet up somewheres nifty in da whine area on Thursday.
The rest of youse will not.
Old 09-08-2015, 10:22 PM   #43915
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Ok, here's the proof that Bow is out of the shop (for now). She's going to have to go back in to get the generator oil leak fixed. But we didn't need the genny at the nice little city-owned RV park just outside of Levelland, TX on Hwy 385 South.

Wayne, y'all should have stayed there. It's free for 3 days, then only $25 a night after that. 50/30 amp plus water. Dump station in park. They only have 7 sites, but every time we've gone over, we've gotten a spot. You're by the little airport and will occasionally get to see small planes take off or land. It really is a great little park for travelers or just for a weekend get-away.

Couple of good Mexican restaurants in town. And Levelland is home to South Plains College, a 2 year community college. Sheryl Swoops is one of their most famous alumns. (If you don't follow women's college basketball, you may not know Sheryl.) They also have a world class Bluegrass music program and recording engineering program. Students come from all over the world (literally) to study bluegrass music. Levelland, TX. Who'd a-thunk it?
Sounds good. We'll see on the way back.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 11:27 PM   #43916

OK !!!! Now you Mutants and that have store bought chicerrons, you know how good they are. But , I swear it's easier to buy them in the store, but they are so good fresh !!

Cheers ,!!!;
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 11:28 PM   #43917

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Well, went out to check on Honey...looks like she is water tight! And that after a good 2 inch rain....
Glad to hear it

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 11:49 PM   #43918

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Update:
The Wohlford and Steen clans will meet up somewheres nifty in da whine area on Thursday.
The rest of youse will not.
Woot! Woot!
Dave - Papaw Steve knows his history! This should be grand!!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote