Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2015, 06:00 PM   #43947

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
TM is the perfect pet. No need for pee/poop pads in the moho. Cheap to feed him. He never yaps, but he will scare the beejeebers outta anyone messing around your campsite. Kate wants to know where we can get one just like him.

They have skeleton dogs and cats at Walgreens.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2015, 07:31 PM   #43948

Good Evening Mutants !!!

Well tomorrow is jacks up and heading to points east. Provo, Utah has been a great place to rest and relax after a fantastic GC in Bryce Canyon.

Don't tell Marcia but I have a great place already picked out for our 38th wedding anniversary dinner tomorrow night, and its in a place we've never been before, how cool is that ?

Cheers !!!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 08:02 PM   #43949

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well mutants - Tomorrow we turn Provo back over to the locals. 3 Rainbow riders are ready to roll. CR-V Mutant is hooked up and only the utilities remain. It's been great here and even greater weather. Too cool in the mornings for a couple of us, but a grand time with a coupla-couples of mutants (and Lance). And of course Jade. Sweetest lap dog in her weight class!

Dwayne and Shara will be out hours before we will. Early rising mutants they are! We'll miss them but suspect we'll see em in the warm winter southern sunshine before year end.
---------
Mark your calendars mutants. Tomorrow is the Anniversary of a couple mutants I know.
-!!!!-
Wayne - behave.
--''''--
Herb - have ya tried Bootleggers yet? Linguini with white (not alfredo) clam sauce was great.

Ed and Jackie - give Sheba a pat for us.

Elizabeth - how are the birds getting along with their new friend.

Possum - see Wayne ^^^

Larry and Cheryl - is you mantle long enough for 5 fur face Christmas Stockings along with all the others? Still plenty of time to remodel.

Tim - See Possum ^^^ and tell Mary hi. BTW - Ouray has a population of 800 - and 8 Jeep rental and tour business. Come on back to Colorado and Jeep Jeep - then we'll load ya up some Coors to sneak into Arkansas.

Papaw Steve - you all settled in a ready to rent a surf board at the beach tomorrow. I sure wish you were here to whip up a batch eggs Benedict tomorrow morning. Hi Mary Ann!

Mel - I haven't been to Lubbock or Levelland for a very long time. But I do belive you may have slightly oversold the situation - but then again - I enjoyed the south plains!

Hmm... something is slipping my mind - oh well... later mutants.

Edit - hey Marty - Glad Honey is water tight...
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 08:44 PM   #43950

Vintage RV Owners Club
me too!
Old 09-09-2015, 08:46 PM   #43951
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Well mutants - Tomorrow we turn Provo back over to the locals. 3 Rainbow riders are ready to roll. CR-V Mutant is hooked up and only the utilities remain. It's been great here and even greater weather. Too cool in the mornings for a couple of us, but a grand time with a coupla-couples of mutants (and Lance). And of course Jade. Sweetest lap dog in her weight class!

Dwayne and Shara will be out hours before we will. Early rising mutants they are! We'll miss them but suspect we'll see em in the warm winter southern sunshine before year end.
---------
Mark your calendars mutants. Tomorrow is the Anniversary of a couple mutants I know.
-!!!!-
Wayne - behave.
--''''--
Herb - have ya tried Bootleggers yet? Linguini with white (not alfredo) clam sauce was great.

Ed and Jackie - give Sheba a pat for us.

Elizabeth - how are the birds getting along with their new friend.

Possum - see Wayne ^^^

Larry and Cheryl - is you mantle long enough for 5 fur face Christmas Stockings along with all the others? Still plenty of time to remodel.

Tim - See Possum ^^^ and tell Mary hi. BTW - Ouray has a population of 800 - and 8 Jeep rental and tour business. Come on back to Colorado and Jeep Jeep - then we'll load ya up some Coors to sneak into Arkansas.

Papaw Steve - you all settled in a ready to rent a surf board at the beach tomorrow. I sure wish you were here to whip up a batch eggs Benedict tomorrow morning. Hi Mary Ann!

Mel - I haven't been to Lubbock or Levelland for a very long time. But I do belive you may have slightly oversold the situation - but then again - I enjoyed the south plains!

Hmm... something is slipping my mind - oh well... later mutants.

Edit - hey Marty - Glad Honey is water tight...
Steve, I've seen just about everything here - the good, bad and ugly - and am ready to hit the road. We think we may go ahead and sell our house here and look for some other place to invest that $$.

But really, if you haven't seen the Silent Wings Museum (dedicated to WWII glider pilots), you definitely should see it if you ever come through this area. The other things mentioned in my list are genuine and fine. But, again, we're ready to move on! The Texas Hill Country calls to us ... maybe because our only grandchild is in Austin ... with grandchild #2 due in January.
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 08:51 PM   #43952

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
me too!
Lol...
So how's the new Dane... getting accustomed to the other fur faces. (Sorry to talk shop.) I wonder how the deaf one we met here is doing. That was really something. As Annie has taken to saying, the things ya see!
Old 09-09-2015, 08:54 PM   #43953
MPH

Are y'all in Montrose yet, Steve?
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 08:59 PM   #43954

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Mel - Joe Ely will be at the Cactus Theatre 9/17. We will see him a few days later in Montrose, Co.

I have not seen the museum so it's on The List. I would like to see Joe at the Cactus - which is BTW - something I think others would enjoy. 1938 building - brought back to like with live music... just sayin...
Old 09-09-2015, 09:06 PM   #43955

Quote:
Mel - Joe Ely will be at the Cactus Theatre 9/17. We will see him a few days later in Montrose, Co.

I have not seen the museum so it's on The List. I would like to see Joe at the Cactus - which is BTW - something I think others would enjoy. 1938 building - brought back to like with live music... just sayin...

That trips a trigger here!
A future GC spot?
Old 09-09-2015, 09:07 PM   #43956

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Are y'all in Montrose yet, Steve?
Nope... it's 300 miles away so of course we'll head that way tomorrow and get there on Monday. Lol.
Old 09-09-2015, 09:18 PM   #43957

Quote:
Nope... it's 300 miles away so of course we'll head that way tomorrow and get there on Monday. Lol.

Sheesh, with such a hurried ride do you get NASA launch codes?
Old 09-09-2015, 09:21 PM   #43958

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Sheesh, with such a hurried ride do you get NASA launch codes?
We're all revved up for this tomorrow.

http://www.npr.org/2009/11/29/120716...oads-are-rural
Old 09-09-2015, 09:29 PM   #43959

Quote:
We're all revved up for this tomorrow.

http://www.npr.org/2009/11/29/120716...oads-are-rural

Ha.
A slow Mo-Ho gathers no imperial entanglements on the journey to escape the death star. Just too freekin slow to notice, ginormous enough to get their attention and avoid.
Old 09-09-2015, 09:51 PM   #43960

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Steve, I noticed you have a Mitzie as do we but we spell her name Italian style Mizzie. I hope she gives as much love and enjoyment as ours does.

Mutants, I am looking at an HHR (??) that my dealer friend is telling me it's one of the flat tow-able automatics. Any word on these. I think Steve has one and the price is so good on this one I may buy it with good results indicated.

My Jeep needs so many upgrades that it's cheaper to jack up the license plates and change vehicles.
Possum, our Mitzi was a toy poodle/terrier mix. We lost her at age 18 in the 90's. Great dog. I can't think of one thing about her that was annoying. Sight, hearing, and hind quarter arthritis finally go the best of her.

We've towed 2 HHR's. Both performed very well. After setting it up for being towed, all you have to do is put it in neutral and pull fuse #8 so that there's no mileage being accumulated etc. We use a Roadmaster hitch and a 9700 braking system. (Got the 9700 reconditioned and properly installed at the plant in Vancouver, WA just 10 days ago). Our HHR gets 28 - 30 mpg on the highway. Trails inside the tracks of the motor home on turns.