Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-10-2015, 07:00 PM   #44045
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Mel!

You got in and out of your Dr appt before the furkids stirred, but it sounds like you probably got your night before skin prep and instructions for when and where to show up on the 23rd. Don't let nerves get the best of you.

Congrats on the anniversary, too!

okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2015, 07:12 PM   #44046

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The Anniversary Couple just left the RV Park for their night on the town in Green River. They should be back in about 5 minutes lol...

flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 07:12 PM   #44047

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Talking The long story....

Ok...this will be the 2nd time typing this...the first one evaporated somehow when I went to advanced...
Sooo...MH loaded with all critters...3 trips up and down the driveway forgot this..forgot that...and then..."Honey...where's the cat?" Meow from under the dash...and the gauges die...all of them. And it's back to the stable...
20 minutes to get the cat coaxed out...Bird returned to house, while Dad figures out whats wrong..Gus, my Lab, provided Air support by panting on me as I took the dash apart.
10 Screws later...Main panel harness was pulled loose...now plugged back in...all is well. We are now 2 hours past scheduled takeoff. (It's The Journey Mark...right folks?)
Ok...DW comes back out, "Should we leave the cat home?" YES
Off we go...50 miles into the trip the GPS tells me to turn down a smaller road...ok, maybe a shortcut right? Nope...not short AT ALL...
At mile 7, it went from asphalt to gravel and mud after 18 Very Steep hills...and one tiny Bridge Out Sign...detour ahead...Welcome To CECIL TUCKEY... DW cues the Deliverance music...not funny honey...

Now all gravel and no way to turn off we finally crest a final hill and see heavy equipment as we look down a 15% downhill grade and a drop off that would make a Sky Diver wince.
But...there's good news..they cut a turn around road for Tractors... Whew...

So back we go...Down the roller coaster...(it's the Journey Right?)
GPS takes us down another less perilous road and we roll into Elk Neck Park, finally.
Main gate...closed...2nd entrance 12' restriction...I'm 12'6"... Off to the left is an exit road...narrow but open. I take it...head to our assigned spot and get set up...saaaweeet.
Water is tasty, power steady and spot, pretty level. Enjoyed 2 quiet days, meeting fellow campers and learning the life.
This morning, about 4 am, the sky cut loose and it poured till 8am. Dumped the gray and black tank will minor hiccups but managed not to spill anything.
When I went to turn key, click, click...nada. Brand new Chassis battery...Hit Emergency Start...barely started.
Decided to stop at a local diner to eat...came out...nope...not gonna start. Hit the E Start...fired. Whew...
Came home...backed in turned it off...tried to restart.DEAD...nothing.
Remembered who put it in (the dealer)...checked cables...not even finger tight...wow.
So...that's my story...Thanks for the Warm welcome...we have survived the gauntlet... I AM A MUTANT!
RVM #124
We're the new guys you see at Campground......
2001 Four Winds/ Thor P32 Hurricane 8.1L 31k miles
MarkEmerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 07:13 PM   #44048
RVM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Hey Mel!

You got in and out of your Dr appt before the furkids stirred, but it sounds like you probably got your night before skin prep and instructions for when and where to show up on the 23rd. Don't let nerves get the best of you.

Congrats on the anniversary, too!

X2 that!
Ohhhhhmmmmssss too

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 07:23 PM   #44049
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkEmerson View Post
Ok...this will be the 2nd time typing this...the first one evaporated somehow when I went to advanced...
Sooo...MH loaded with all critters...3 trips up and down the driveway forgot this..forgot that...and then..."Honey...where's the cat?" Meow from under the dash...and the gauges die...all of them. And it's back to the stable...
20 minutes to get the cat coaxed out...Bird returned to house, while Dad figures out whats wrong..Gus, my Lab, provided Air support by panting on me as I took the dash apart.
10 Screws later...Main panel harness was pulled loose...now plugged back in...all is well. We are now 2 hours past scheduled takeoff. (It's The Journey Mark...right folks?)
Off we go...50 miles into the trip the GPS tells me to turn down a smaller road...ok, maybe a shortcut right? Nope...not short AT ALL...
At mile 7, it went from asphalt to gravel and mud after 18 Very Steep hills...and one tiny Bridge Out Sign...detour ahead...Welcome To CECIL TUCKEY... DW cues the Deliverance music...not funny honey...

Now all gravel and no way to turn off we finally crest a final hill and see heavy equipment as we look down a 15% downhill grade and a drop off that would make a Sky Diver wince.

GPS takes us down another less perilous road and we roll into Elk Neck Park, finally.
Main gate...closed...2nd entrance 12' restriction...I'm 12'6"... Off to the left is an exit road...narrow but open. I take it...head to our assigned spot and get set up...saaaweeet.
Water is tasty, power steady and spot, pretty level. Enjoyed 2 quiet days, meeting fellow campers and learning the life.
This morning, about 4 am, the sky cut loose and it poured till 8am. Dumped the gray and black tank will minor hiccups but managed not to spill anything.
When I went to turn key, click, click...nada. Brand new Chassis battery...Hit Emergency Start...barely started.
Decided to stop at a local diner to eat...came out...nope...not gonna start. Hit the E Start...fired. Whew...
Remembered who put it in (the dealer)...checked cables...not even finger tight...wow.
So...that's my story...Thanks for the Warm welcome...we have survived the gauntlet... I AM A MUTANT!
Sounds like a fairly typical RVing trip to me. I believe you passed the audition.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 07:25 PM   #44050

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:

You are indeed! Welcome to the rainbow. It just gets better and better. And believe me - us - one and all - if there were no rain there'd be no rainbows. Everything worth having is worth working for, and everything worth doing is worth doing right. And as we all know, take a right at Albuquerque!
Old 09-10-2015, 07:26 PM   #44051

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
BTW mutants. A can or two of this comes in handy when your backed up to horses.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1441931169785.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	106521  
Old 09-10-2015, 07:30 PM   #44052

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Working on pictures...Night all
RVM #124
We're the new guys you see at Campground......
2001 Four Winds/ Thor P32 Hurricane 8.1L 31k miles
MarkEmerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 07:35 PM   #44053

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
And guess what? There's a train too!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1441931731234.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	106524  
Old 09-10-2015, 07:36 PM   #44054

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by geocacher View Post
Oh, close to our neck of the woods. Can we come too? Sounds like fun.
Any Mutant who decided to join in would be welcome.

Quote:
Ok...this will be the 2nd time typing this...

BIG BIG BIG SNIP

Boy are you ever. Congrats on being able to be able.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 07:37 PM   #44055
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Quote:

Oh yes... Sounds about right.... Danged GPS.......

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 07:40 PM   #44056
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
BTW mutants. A can or two of this comes in handy when your backed up to horses.
But these would be more fun. Bug-A-Salt

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 07:40 PM   #44057
RVM1

Quote:
Thanks Ken. The last time I tried to post it, it didn't show... so here's one that will...

Congrats Mel!!

I may as well pile on.....

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1441931977.761891.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	264.8 KB
ID:	106528

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 07:43 PM   #44058
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Quote:
Di... my calendar is blank as to Larry's date with Batteries Plus?

One week from today... Sept 17, Thursday is battery change out day... Were told to be there at 5am....
Yes really, he is first in, of course the docs arent in that early.... But since he is insulin dependent diabetic his
Meds will be out of whack, so they do take that into consideration. That and his cardiologist is head guy....

I will remind everyone the day before, so we can get good vibrations, and after he is out.... Thanks Steve....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!

Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote

« Endless Tale Game | - »