Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-07-2013, 10:26 AM   #4425

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Harriet View Post
I was really hoping to make a trip to the Grand Curiosity in April, but the plan to sell our trawler, and pick out our RV, fell thru yesterday. Buyer couldn't get his financing arranged. So wanted to be there!! Yeah60,000+ views is impressive. So far I've REALLY enjoyed this group of Mutants and will continue to follow your Grand Exploits till I can join you. By the way I'm a closet ropie, but I'm in a program!! RVM43
Mike sorry to hear your deal fell thru. Keep the faith brother and something will come along. In the meantime at CL they have these neat things they call Yurts. It's a fully furnished room in a round hard sided tent looking thingamajiggy! It's got air and heat, it's own outside deck and would be great for you and Harriet to stay in so you could still come join us at the Grand Curiosity. We would love to have you guys there if possible. Dock the boat, rent a car and come join us....of course take some Dramamine till you get your landlubber legs back. LOL Anyway you can go to their website and ck. em out and they are right there by the Pavillion we will be using so you wouldn't even have to walk far.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2013, 10:30 AM   #4426

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Hi Ho Mutants! With mixed emotions I have decided to stay in the Northwet, as Dennis (Possum) refers to this part of the world. I had planned to journey some 3500 miles to Central Florida for the winter. But... That little voice in the back of my head started screaming at me, "DON'T DO IT!!!" Being a wee bit wiser than in years past, this time I listened. Time has taken a toll on my knees and both probably need full replacement. My greatest fear would be having a knee emergency somewhere in the middle of our journey where I wouldn't have any help with the fur kids. The good news is that I become Medicare eligible on Nov 1st, YEAH! We are staying with our friends who have the place on the Columbia River. I have enrolled in a Medicare advantage plan and I await my membership card. A former owner of this place installed an RV garage, but the current owners have not mutated in the RV direction. So, after letting the air out of my air lifts, we fit inside with 3/4 of an inch of height to spare. We now have a 1 bedroom garage apartment with a Ford 350 Super Duty engine. We WILL be at the Grand Curiosity in April, for sure! That will be as far east as we go in 2014 and then we'll mosey back slowly. The Docs will get a second chance to fix what I've managed to damage next summer so that beginning Fall 2014 we can truly let our journey be the destination.
Barb glad to hear you can still make it to the GC. Hope the Knesset get rested up before next spring when you head this way! If you aren't already doing it, go to the health food store and pick up some MSM and start taking it daily for those knees. It will help re-build that cartlidge.

Old 10-07-2013, 10:33 AM   #4427

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Lol dang spell check on my phone keeps changing words. If I don't make sense sometimes.... You know I'm on my phone instead of the puter. Yeah that's right....when I don't make sense....it's the phone! (Wifey ain't buying it) LOL
Old 10-07-2013, 11:09 AM   #4428
RVM1

Mike, as long as the Journey is Your Destination you will make it to your goal. Hope you gain your land legs soon.

Barb, we all need new body parts eventually. When I meet you, you will be the upgraded you. Cool!

Herb, spellcheck has been the bane of mankind since it was invented. Thank goodness it can be disabled. If I mispell it is much better understood than a totally different word.

Jeff, R U ready for some fine Jeeping?

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:11 AM   #4429

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Herb - so did ya see the happy cows? What was the outcome at the ballpark? Still down that way or have ya mutated back north.

Weather is beautiful here today. Too bad I'm inside working. Gotta earn those two vehicle titles and pay a little more into SS and 401k. Still planning my work and working my plan!
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:12 AM   #4430

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2030324435.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	281.6 KB
ID:	47398
Old 10-07-2013, 11:12 AM   #4431
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I'll miss the road, but can travel vicariously thru all of you.
okmunky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:20 AM   #4432

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Herb - so did ya see the happy cows? What was the outcome at the ballpark? Still down that way or have ya mutated back north. Weather is beautiful here today. Too bad I'm inside working. Gotta earn those two vehicle titles and pay a little more into SS and 401k. Still planning my work and working my plan!
Steve we mutated back to the home base yesterday and Jenny (the Journey) continues to perform flawlessly! (Knock on wood)

As it turns out...I can definitely say those cows in Brenham are Happy, Happy, Happy and they do turn out some good ice cream! Wish I could pull one of behind Jenny and get it straight from the spicket! That is where it comes from right! (City boy here) As for the grand-daughter, this tourney was not a good one for them, they got eliminated early. Sooooo we will get em next time.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:36 AM   #4433

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Mike, as long as the Journey is Your Destination you will make it to your goal. Hope you gain your land legs soon.

Barb, we all need new body parts eventually. When I meet you, you will be the upgraded you. Cool!

Herb, spellcheck has been the bane of mankind since it was invented. Thank goodness it can be disabled. If I mispell it is much better understood than a totally different word.

Jeff, R U ready for some fine Jeeping?
Hey Dave !!

You can bet on that, we are Jeep ready most of the time, we just pack a few essentials, and off we go ready to see some more of this wonderful state and all it has to offer. There isnt really much to compare to getting off the pavement and seeing things from a dirt road or trail perspective, Hey there may even be a ghost town or two in our path, and all of it a touch of history to boot.... giddy yup !!!!!

Barb dont fret to much over your knees, Marcia has had hers done as well, and there is light at the end of the tunnel after the Doctors get done having their way with you.

Mike please consider the yurt idea as well, I know its not the same as having your own rig there, but possibly the group could give you some ideas of what you do and dont need (rope lights come to mind) and maybe even give you some ideas where to begin your search. Marcia and I started looking for our new home many months previous to our finding it. We lived in MI and found it in CA and made to trip to see it and make the deal. research, research and more research really pays off. Besides you may just be ready for an excursion in April.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:54 PM   #4434

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Barb, sorry your plans are altered but happy your knee problem will be looked after. I have metal lower back stays and a knee replacement to go along with it. Drives them crazy at airports trying to figure out what I'm smuggling.

Denise and I would be passing by that area if we get to go so maybe we can start a convoy. CB on 13 and away we go.

Hoping I can come up with the five grand for the romp to Catherine's Landing and back.

I rocket along at 55 for about 6 hours a day.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:22 PM   #4435

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
^^^ Possum - I like the sound of rocketing along at 55. 2 lane blacktop in Tx is mostly posted speed 70 or 75. Gave me a workout trying to stay between 60 and 65. Those ranchers come up on ya fast and are pretty impatient - even pulling horse trailers. Geeze! I get the OTR drivers making money - but get the sense the ranchers are trying to get where they're going before the horses foul the trailer.
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:27 PM   #4436

Fleetwood Owners Club
Barb, what great friends, someone to care for your fury kids, safe place to park your coach. Hear the new knee replacements don't even have to be greased,great! Don't forget to have that Ford 350 turned over and ran some on occasion, don't want it causing a problem in spring. Doctors do a great job on this type surgery, I'm sure you'll do just fine.

Mike, the yurt idea would be great and to make you feel more like an RVer I'll let you come over and was my coach. Maybe you can borrow some rope lights for the yurt, hear Wayne might have some!

Steve, wasn't sure about your picture you posted, was that a flux capacitor?
Old 10-07-2013, 05:36 PM   #4437

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Tim how bout Barb and I get up there early and you do the same and let's sting a bunch of them ropey lights together like a landing strip for Sky_Boss so he feels at home when he gets there?
Old 10-07-2013, 05:38 PM   #4438

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
..... We could put one of them gizmo's on the strip so the run from one end to the other and he can find his RV space!