Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2015, 09:12 AM   #44605

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Oh where oh where can the Moonrover be... oh where oh where can he be... what lengths some will go to drop a few pounds.

Sleep well bird! The Omms continue.
X2 and Good mornin son, I say good monin.

Hope you're doing well. The Omms Generators have all be on extra super double duty over time and max healing power for you.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2015, 09:43 AM   #44606
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
Here are a few more
Oh my, Dwayne that looks like the smarts of a BB in a box car. I'm glad I'm not riding with you. I wouldn't want to wet your seat.

Nice pics, and I know why you do it........because you can.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 09:49 AM   #44607

American Coach Owners Club
R U an RV Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Gluttons for punishment! But think of all the exercise you'll get: self-restraint, stair-climbing, walking, not to mention fending off eager sales people. Better than a gym!

Have fun and keep us informed!
We think this is the "one"...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150919_103915.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	234.0 KB
ID:	107306  
rezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 09:51 AM   #44608
MPH

Does anyone have a phone number for Birdman or know how to reach his wife? I sure wish I'd asked him to have someone call or text one of us with a report when surgery was over. Ommmmmms and more ommmmmms going out to you, Moon. Please have someone call one of us when able. (I hope you've got a phone number of at least one RVM.)

Speaking of ...
Di, Kate has your name and number in her phone now and says she'll text you with a report sometime after my new knee has been installed.

BTW, I know for a fact this hospitalization will be positive. I'll be on a floor where all they take care of is joint replacements. (First knee surgeries were done by a trauma surgeon and I went to a different floor.) Staff on "joint floor" have years of experience and a great reputation of giving good care. Yesterday, I went to a 45 minute pre-op class (with 7 other folks) given by one of the nurses there, and she went over everything that will happen as soon as we're on their floor after surgery. Answered all our questions. It was great! And I feel so relieved.

Now, back to Moon ... we need to hear how you are! Mutants to Moon ... Mutants to Moon ... Come in Moon!

Note to EVERYONE: If you're going to have any kind of surgery, please make sure you pre-arrange for someone with you to get a post-op report to someone in this group. Make sure your significant other has a RVM's phone number and will text or call a report to them that they can then share with everyone.
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 09:58 AM   #44609
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezman View Post
We think this is the "one"...
Does that mean you're trading? And does that mean you're going to have to w#%k longer before you can hit the Rainbow FT??? Ohhh, the humanity.
Old 09-19-2015, 10:02 AM   #44610
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
Here are a few more
Where the heck are y'all going? I bet there's a faster way to get there....

(Great pics, Shara!)
Old 09-19-2015, 10:02 AM   #44611

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Mel... in Colorado joint replacement has a whole notha meaning. Lol. Look for the green cross...
Old 09-19-2015, 10:18 AM   #44612

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post

Note to EVERYONE: If you're going to have any kind of surgery, please make sure you pre-arrange for someone with you to get a post-op report to someone in this group. Make sure your significant other has a RVM's phone number and will text or call a report to them that they can then share with everyone.
Excellent idea. Mutant hotline...
Need an 800 #
1-800- RVM-OMMS
Old 09-19-2015, 10:18 AM   #44613

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Does anyone have a phone number for Birdman or know how to reach his wife? I sure wish I'd asked him to have someone call or text one of us with a report when surgery was over. Ommmmmms and more ommmmmms going out to you, Moon. Please have someone call one of us when able. (I hope you've got a phone number of at least one RVM.)

Speaking of ...
Di, Kate has your name and number in her phone now and says she'll text you with a report sometime after my new knee has been installed.

BTW, I know for a fact this hospitalization will be positive. I'll be on a floor where all they take care of is joint replacements. (First knee surgeries were done by a trauma surgeon and I went to a different floor.) Staff on "joint floor" have years of experience and a great reputation of giving good care. Yesterday, I went to a 45 minute pre-op class (with 7 other folks) given by one of the nurses there, and she went over everything that will happen as soon as we're on their floor after surgery. Answered all our questions. It was great! And I feel so relieved.

Now, back to Moon ... we need to hear how you are! Mutants to Moon ... Mutants to Moon ... Come in Moon!

I was thinking these things last night, but didn't know if it is our 'right' really as folks are private for the most part... After the Dunner experience, some of us really worry when someone is having troubles because we love and care so much...I was so grateful that Barb had met up with him and had someone's phone number in her phone!

More ohmms and prayers sent for Moonrover.
Old 09-19-2015, 10:52 AM   #44614

Quote:

Speaking of ...

Yes... Once Kate texts me, i will post.... Since I have this forum on all my devices, i can have it on here within a minute......

I never finished up on the private list i was making.... To share. Kept thinking more would share.... Only got about 20 responses.
But i will revive it.... If any of you mutants want your info on a "master" list with your contact info in it, send it to me by pm or email...... I will only send the compiled info out to those who send me their info. Lol.... Never even got dear old #1 Dave

Do have rvm# 64,14,107,18,100, 32,17,99,40,85,5,2,28,36,45,31,30,39,73, 89

If your number isnt here, you did not give me permission to add your information to the nice little spreadsheet i have.
DO NOT POST IT HERE.....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 10:56 AM   #44615

I never finished up on the private list i was making.... To share.
Kept thinking more would share.... Only got about 20 responses.

But i will revive it.... If any of you mutants want your info on a "master" list with your contact info in it, send it to me by pm or email......

I will only send the compiled info out to those who send me their info. REPEAT... ONLY THE ONES WHO WANT TO BE ON IT.

Lol.... Never even got dear old #1 Dave info.......

If your number isnt here, you did not give me permission to add your information to the nice little spreadsheet i have.

DO NOT POST IT HERE..... SEND IT in either a PM or email

I also have this cute little spreadsheet on my fruit devices, so I have it anytime i need it.......

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Old 09-19-2015, 11:04 AM   #44616

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
I never finished up on the private list i was making.... To share.
Kept thinking more would share.... Only got about 20 responses.

But i will revive it.... If any of you mutants want your info on a "master" list with your contact info in it, send it to me by pm or email......

I will only send the compiled info out to those who send me their info. REPEAT... ONLY THE ONES WHO WANT TO BE ON IT.

Lol.... Never even got dear old #1 Dave info.......

DO NOT POST IT HERE..... SEND IT in either a PM or email

I also have this cute little spreadsheet on my fruit devices, so I have it anytime i need it.......

You have our permission...
Old 09-19-2015, 11:11 AM   #44617

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
You have our permission...

Got it, and you are added......

Old 09-19-2015, 11:13 AM   #44618

Sorry for the delay folks. I was connected with life support tubes, wires, breathing stuff when I finally woke up. Operation according to LRH took only 2.5 hours. However recovery room stay was a lot longer. My recollection of that was like a nightmare. Nurses trying to talk to me with questions that I tried to answer but couldn't think straight. Talking was rough too. Then I'd fade again into darkness. BP bottomed numerous times, and heart rate went to single digits.

Let me say this ... I was struggling like hell to keep in the daylight. Feeling like I was suffocating and could not do anything about it. OK ... I admit that I was scared of letting go for good. Not wanting to make this sound dramatic, but it was touch and go for hours. Once in a step down unit, I could finally talk with a raspy voice.

Right now I'm typing this from my private room with all the creature comforts, but few that I can use. For the moment my world is beepers, alarms, nurses shoving needles into my arms, catheter (hateful little invention) that empties what they are pumping into my arms. Chills, then sweating sweep over every couple of hours. Then in-between, I have quivering muscles in the gut.

Surgeon had a long explanatory chat with the LRH concerning recovery period. The best news so far has been that the surgeons consider me to be recovering faster than expected considering the radical measures taken. Removing a kidney and a lymph node along with "suspicious things" inside my bladder was a package deal the surgeons were not expecting.

I will try to do an update next week after I get home. This note needed to be worked on a few times because I type with one hand because the other has a taped-on thing that monitors something or other. Touchy thing ... it sets off an alarm that sounds as loud as when I try to get out of Home Depot with something that was not neutralized at the checkout.

Nurses here couldn't be anything but angels sent from Heaven to care for this old rooster. I'm going to send each one a Christmas gift to let them know they are wonderful.

RVM 34
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote