Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2015, 11:21 AM   #44619

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Oh, thank God our Moon has returned. Sure seems like you are clear headed. Thanks for fighting the good fight! Ohmmmms continue. Hear that?it's the sound of one huge sigh of relief.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2015, 11:21 AM   #44620

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
Sorry for the delay folks. I was connected with life support tubes, wires, breathing stuff when I finally woke up. Operation according to LRH took only 2.5 hours. However recovery room stay was a lot longer. My recollection of that was like a nightmare. Nurses trying to talk to me with questions that I tried to answer but couldn't think straight. Talking was rough too. Then I'd fade again into darkness. BP bottomed numerous times, and heart rate went to single digits.

Let me say this ... I was struggling like hell to keep in the daylight. Feeling like I was suffocating and could not do anything about it. OK ... I admit that I was scared of letting go for good. Not wanting to make this sound dramatic, but it was touch and go for hours. Once in a step down unit, I could finally talk with a raspy voice.

Right now I'm typing this from my private room with all the creature comforts, but few that I can use. For the moment my world is beepers, alarms, nurses shoving needles into my arms, catheter (hateful little invention) that empties what they are pumping into my arms. Chills, then sweating sweep over every couple of hours. Then in-between, I have quivering muscles in the gut.

Surgeon had a long explanatory chat with the LRH concerning recovery period. The best news so far has been that the surgeons consider me to be recovering faster than expected considering the radical measures taken. Removing a kidney and a lymph node along with "suspicious things" inside my bladder was a package deal the surgeons were not expecting.

I will try to do an update next week after I get home. This note needed to be worked on a few times because I type with one hand because the other has a taped-on thing that monitors something or other. Touchy thing ... it sets off an alarm that sounds as loud as when I try to get out of Home Depot with something that was not neutralized at the checkout.

Nurses here couldn't be anything but angels sent from Heaven to care for this old rooster. I'm going to send each one a Christmas gift to let them know they are wonderful.

RVM 34
Yee Haw and Omms Generators on high output!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 11:22 AM   #44621

Moonrover - - - super news and answered prayers - - - more ohms for fast recovery. Medical science can be simply amazing. Again, wonderful news.
Old 09-19-2015, 11:32 AM   #44622

R U an RV Mutant too?

The RVM Moon (I know your names are actually Cuthburt and Gwenevere) also rises.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 11:51 AM   #44623

What a saga, Moon man! I say, you did well to keep your mind above water! We knew you were a fighter, and that proves it.

More ommms for your recovery and for LRH's strength and calm. 'Tain't easy being the patient (understatement!), but neither is it a stroll on the beach to be the one in the waiting room or the bedside chair.

Ommm!
Old 09-19-2015, 12:05 PM   #44624

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
The RVM Moon (I know your names are actually Cuthburt and Gwenevere) also rises.

He isn't The Reverend Moon, by any chance? Oh. No. Not with his attitudes! Prolly Marion.

I dated a guy named Leslie for a while. He was very sensitive about his name, cuz it was even spelled the feminine way. It was chosen by his mother for a male character in an English novel she liked. Talk about the sons suffering for the sins of their parents!
Old 09-19-2015, 12:11 PM   #44625

Yea for Moon and LRH.... Relief.... Ohms still goin for you both....
Ummmm you type better on recovery mode than I do in normal mode.....
Smile......

Enjoy the rest up..... When cath comes out, you will be expected to get up to go.....
And with modern medicine... That wont be long....

Hugs moonman wooster.....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 12:15 PM   #44626

Vintage RV Owners Club
Whew! The awful wait is over for now... until Mel gets her knee done up right....
Moonrover... when you read thee chat during your ketchup phase, you will see all the love and anxiety outpouring we had going on here... spiritually, we had your back!
Old 09-19-2015, 12:35 PM   #44627

Solo Rvers Club
Glad to hear the grass is still under those talons of yours Moon!! Prayers said and Ommmms for a speedy recovery and support for the LRH.

I'm sure duty calls at the hen house so don't dawdle.
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 12:35 PM   #44628

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Moon, there was one reason why you pulled out of the lows & all. You had something to live for and as such, you fought it.....the month before Di & I got married, I had an SEVERE, ACUTE Pancreatic Attack, with complete blockage of the pancreatitis, caused by a pseudocyst the size of a grapefruit.

I knew Di was there for me, which gave me the will to fight it. Bottomline, I walked out the front door of the hospital [24 days later] instead of being rolled out horizontally at the back door. Survival rate for most people with the complications I had, is in single digit percentage.

So, we all know you have the will to fight it, so now, use that will to recover. Long road ahead of you, but in your situation, it is both the JOURNEY & DESTINATION.
Old 09-19-2015, 12:54 PM   #44629
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Mel... in Colorado joint replacement has a whole notha meaning. Lol. Look for the green cross...
Hmmm... How do you know, Stevester? Well, alrighty, then!
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 12:57 PM   #44630

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Hmmm... How do you know, Stevester? Well, alrighty, then!
I read it on the interwebs so it must be true.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 01:07 PM   #44631
MPH

Moon, we're MIGHTY GLAD to hear from you! Old roosters are tough! (Thank God.) So very happy to hear that you have a good prognosis and are healing at a healthy clip, wowing your doctors! You've got some more livin' to do, so we look forward to seein' ya on the Rainbow sometime.

Larry, you're a walking, talking miracle man. I had noooo idea of everything you've been through. Di is your lucky charm!

One of my good friends who had a close call a few years ago said recently, "Coming that close to the edge makes you realize what's important; and it's not possessions! The people who love us and who we love, those are our treasures."

You two fellows have reminded us of just what really is important.
Old 09-19-2015, 01:07 PM   #44632
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I read it on the interwebs so it must be true.
For sure!