Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2015, 09:10 PM   #44661

Fleetwood Owners Club
[QUOTE=rezman;2750554]We think this is the "one"...[/QUOTE
.????????
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2015, 09:13 PM   #44662

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Ed, Jackie and Carl,

True confessions time -- OK! so what did you buy today? And are you going back to give them another chance to take your money?
Saw Ed and Jackie when I was heading back to the campground and they were returning to theirs. No new keys in their hands so i think they escaped with money intact

Myself, I totally resisted buying anything, including anything under $50. Got back to the S&B this evening and got birdies off to bed after their bumpy ride back home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
Sorry for the delay folks. I was connected with life support tubes, wires, breathing stuff when I finally woke up. Operation according to LRH took only 2.5 hours. However recovery room stay was a lot longer. My recollection of that was like a nightmare. Nurses trying to talk to me with questions that I tried to answer but couldn't think straight. Talking was rough too. Then I'd fade again into darkness. BP bottomed numerous times, and heart rate went to single digits.

Let me say this ... I was struggling like hell to keep in the daylight. Feeling like I was suffocating and could not do anything about it. OK ... I admit that I was scared of letting go for good. Not wanting to make this sound dramatic, but it was touch and go for hours. Once in a step down unit, I could finally talk with a raspy voice.

Right now I'm typing this from my private room with all the creature comforts, but few that I can use. For the moment my world is beepers, alarms, nurses shoving needles into my arms, catheter (hateful little invention) that empties what they are pumping into my arms. Chills, then sweating sweep over every couple of hours. Then in-between, I have quivering muscles in the gut.

Surgeon had a long explanatory chat with the LRH concerning recovery period. The best news so far has been that the surgeons consider me to be recovering faster than expected considering the radical measures taken. Removing a kidney and a lymph node along with "suspicious things" inside my bladder was a package deal the surgeons were not expecting.

I will try to do an update next week after I get home. This note needed to be worked on a few times because I type with one hand because the other has a taped-on thing that monitors something or other. Touchy thing ... it sets off an alarm that sounds as loud as when I try to get out of Home Depot with something that was not neutralized at the checkout.

Nurses here couldn't be anything but angels sent from Heaven to care for this old rooster. I'm going to send each one a Christmas gift to let them know they are wonderful.

RVM 34
Glad to hear things are back on the upswing!
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 09:48 PM   #44663
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
Yes, probably. She's the most photographed puppy in history. Attachment 107324
For now. We haven't adopted our fur baby yet. 😉
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 09:56 PM   #44664

Oh, BTW, peddie fans, I found gold in Show Low
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1442721341.644908.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	107366
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 10:52 PM   #44665

Vintage RV Owners Club
sigh...smh. Some men never grow up do they...LOL goldie tonies. Looks like you struck it rich there!
Old 09-19-2015, 11:06 PM   #44666

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
sigh...smh. Some men never grow up do they...LOL goldie tonies. Looks like you struck it rich there!
Hi Marty. Hi Bob.
Hi Bess!

Ya know we miss you three. You'd like it here.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 07:50 AM   #44667

It's been 8 hours since the last post ? What are all you Mutants doing ? Come on let's read what y'all are up to. !!!!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 07:59 AM   #44668

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
It's been 8 hours since the last post ? What are all you Mutants doing ? Come on let's read what y'all are up to. !!!!!
I was sleeping after coming back from the Hershey RV show!

My new buddy (who I've named "Petey" as in Petey the Pigeon) has taken favor to my S&B. He's still around after at least two weeks of feeding on Mac and Boko's left-overs. I've got to grab him so I can read his band and figure out which club he belongs too. I think he's a racing pigeon and perhaps he's tired of racing for someone with little/no rewards

If I posted about this before, sorry, I'm officially old…
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1431.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	176.9 KB
ID:	107378   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1432.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	235.4 KB
ID:	107379  

Old 09-20-2015, 08:05 AM   #44669
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Attachment 107366
Dave, you're the most secure str8 man I've ever known.

Quote:
Lets hope he never grows up. And maybe he'll loan us that bottle of nail polish ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
It's weird, huh?! Ya'd a-thunk they were all sleeping or something!
Old 09-20-2015, 08:08 AM   #44670
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
My new buddy (who I've named "Petey" as in Petey the Pigeon) has taken favor to my S&B. He's still around after at least two weeks of feeding on Mac and Boko's left-overs. I've got to grab him so I can read his band and figure out which club he belongs too. I think he's a racing pigeon and perhaps he's tired of racing for someone with little/no rewards

Awwww. Carl, can't you just adopt him permanently? Obviously he does not want to go home, and maybe for the reasons you mentioned. He must know that you'll give him a much better home and life.

PS: Almost ALL of us are "officially old." Yay! There are advantages ....
Old 09-20-2015, 08:12 AM   #44671
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Attachment 107366
Quote:
Dave, Kate said to tell you, "Toe-rific!"
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	0728151023.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	193.5 KB
ID:	107383  
Old 09-20-2015, 08:18 AM   #44672

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Awwww. Carl, can't you just adopt him permanently? Obviously he does not want to go home, and maybe for the reasons you mentioned. He must know that you'll give him a much better home and life.

PS: Almost ALL of us are "officially old." Yay! There are advantages ....
Well, I won't bring him in the house for fear of disease or whatever with my guys. I'm not sure he'd survive the winter and he was sleeping in the rafters in a yet completed section of my house so when that gets finished, that's the end of his spot. He also stopped sleeping here when I tried to catch him in that spot so not sure where he goes at night.

I had a third bird, Nunzio, a rescue from some very abusive prior owner, but sadly, he only lasted around 8 or 9 years here and succumbed to a fall (he couldn't fly). But my point is three birds is too much!!! Not enough time to give to them all!
Old 09-20-2015, 08:35 AM   #44673
MPH

Quote:
Well, I won't bring him in the house for fear of disease or whatever with my guys. I'm not sure he'd survive the winter and he was sleeping in the rafters in a yet completed section of my house so when that gets finished, that's the end of his spot. He also stopped sleeping here when I tried to catch him in that spot so not sure where he goes at night.

I had a third bird, Nunzio, a rescue from some very abusive prior owner, but sadly, he only lasted around 8 or 9 years here and succumbed to a fall (he couldn't fly). But my point is three birds is too much!!! Not enough time to give to them all!
That makes sense. In that case, I do hope you can catch him and find his owner. And we'll send ommmms with the little guy, hoping that his owner straightens up and flies right.
Old 09-20-2015, 09:28 AM   #44674

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
I was sleeping after coming back from the Hershey RV show!

Dude... he knows birds ride with you... he's just looking to retire and travel with you and on your energy expense. Lol. Can't blame him... now can ya.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote