Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2015, 10:47 PM   #44717

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
Doc took off on a European cruise the day after my surgery. His assistant doc visited me in the hospital, and signed the release forms.

Like you said, this ordeal is not finished. Much recovery yet to be done. Nights are the worst. Pain management is a double edged sword. Take the pain killing drugs and intestines fall asleep ... meaning severe constipation. Don't take the pain killers, and sleeping is interrupted by shrieking jolts of lightening pain. The gas used in the laparoscopic operation has to absorb slowly all over my body. Even shoulders, neck, and rib cage have gas pockets causing pain.

My ab muscles have been cut which means doing anything ... and I mean ANYTHING ... is incredibly painful.

This will all pass and I'll feel normal in a few months. So I'm promised. Until then I'm going to gripe, complain and be grumpy. The LRH is holding up well under the stress. I think she's much more emotionally capable of handling adversity than I am.

RVM 34

The Gi-Normous OHMs Generator of RVMdom (OGR) does not stop just because you are a grumpy old fart, Cuthburt. Nonono!
Listen closely to Gwenevere (AKA LRH) and you will still be a grumpy old fart, but will shut the heck up a bit more.
I wish you a swift recovery, Bro (AKA Cuthburt), so I can poke at you with much vigor.
RVMville is pulling for ya real hard, ya know?
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2015, 11:02 PM   #44718

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Hey Mooney it's good to see your home and healing. Get well soon buddy. Many Healing ohms sent your way.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 09-20-2015, 11:09 PM   #44719

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
You're lucky it didn't ut a hole in the roof! Dang!
Yep... and lucky that buck didn't broadside us... eek. And lucky I didn't smoke CR-VMutants brakes on the way down to the East Portal. Thankfully there were lots of switchbacks (did I say that?)

22 ft max length was the first sign and then... no cows in the road toady. And only 2 mule deer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1442811956949.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	107492  
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 11:28 PM   #44720

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Looks like a beautiful place to spend a month, Steve and Jeff. Watch out for the wildlife (Annie and Marcia)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 06:45 AM   #44721

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
Doc took off on a European cruise the day after my surgery. His assistant doc visited me in the hospital, and signed the release forms.

Like you said, this ordeal is not finished. Much recovery yet to be done. Nights are the worst. Pain management is a double edged sword. Take the pain killing drugs and intestines fall asleep ... meaning severe constipation. Don't take the pain killers, and sleeping is interrupted by shrieking jolts of lightening pain. The gas used in the laparoscopic operation has to absorb slowly all over my body. Even shoulders, neck, and rib cage have gas pockets causing pain.

My ab muscles have been cut which means doing anything ... and I mean ANYTHING ... is incredibly painful.

This will all pass and I'll feel normal in a few months. So I'm promised. Until then I'm going to gripe, complain and be grumpy. The LRH is holding up well under the stress. I think she's much more emotionally capable of handling adversity than I am.

RVM 34

Walking as much as you can is the key.... Get you a small pillow, hold it to your incision and walk. I have had 2 ceserean section with up and down incisions,,, i can relate.. As hard as it is, the sooner you walk the better... Gas should be all gone soon.. I agree that gas under the shoukder is wicked....Complications after my furst born had me in the hospital for 10 days... Colon collapsed, walking soon after son #two made a huge difference...

Most of us have had surgeries, illnesses, etc.... So lots of tips out there... Experience is more help, listen to all and do what you can..... Grands call Larry grumpy, but giggle as they say it.....

Day by day.....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 07:40 AM   #44722

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Good morning mutants near and far! Waiting on the coffee to brew and thinking we'll start the day with this - and end it with a little Joe Ely concert tonight. Going to be one fine day here in Colorful Colorado.

Jeff and I have been given the difficult of task of determining where to take our brides to dinner tonight. Oh the humanity!
---------

Moonrover - Fluff yer feather bed and relax. It's all downhill from here. I have a friend back in Dallas who had a kidney disease of some sort. Last year he had a transplant. His wife was the donor. He's a musician and is back playing and living a normal life. In fact - he flew into Grand Junction Thursday night and has been in Telluride at the Blues and Brews fest as a audience member enjoying ZZ Top and a ton of other bands. He flies back to DFW today. So...

ob la di ob la da
Life goes on....

Ommms brother!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1442842221110.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	107506  
Old 09-21-2015, 09:54 AM   #44723

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Walking as much as you can is the key.... Get you a small pillow, hold it to your incision and walk. I have had 2 ceserean section with up and down incisions,,, i can relate.. ....

Day by day.....

Yes, it is a day at a time recovery for sure. But women are much tougher than men when it comes to personal adversity. So I've observed. "Grumpy" ... great name for me too. A runner up name might be "crabby". All this, of course, is hidden under my veneer of smiling, sweet, gentle disposition. Oh ... humble too.

RVM 34
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 09:59 AM   #44724
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Walking as much as you can is the key.... Get you a small pillow, hold it to your incision and walk. I have had 2 ceserean section with up and down incisions,,, i can relate.. As hard as it is, the sooner you walk the better... Gas should be all gone soon.. I agree that gas under the shoukder is wicked....Complications after my furst born had me in the hospital for 10 days... Colon collapsed, walking soon after son #two made a huge difference...

Most of us have had surgeries, illnesses, etc.... So lots of tips out there... Experience is more help, listen to all and do what you can..... Grands call Larry grumpy, but giggle as they say it.....

Day by day.....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
....and Moonrover, when you go into labor.......oh heck, just do it.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 10:32 AM   #44725

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Mary says "You go girl!"

Was it a thuddy point Buck?
It was... and he was fast!
Old 09-21-2015, 12:28 PM   #44726

Nice pics Steve. Colorado is on our "25-30 days at one time" bucket list. Lots of stuff to see, enjoy, and be awestruck by in Colorado. Elevation could be a limiting factor for walking about. If you're in Boulder, try The Buff café. Excellent breakfast fare.

We are just sittin' and chillin' in our motor home at the campground we'll call home this winter. All in nice but we have to arrange satellite cable, internet, and wifi or we'll die of boredom.

Going to a sports bar at 5:30 to watch the Colts play on Monday Night Football. Things happen at strange times when your sitting in the Pacific time zone.

Ohms to all who need em. Travel safe. Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
Old 09-21-2015, 03:13 PM   #44727
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Nice pics Steve. Colorado is on our "25-30 days at one time" bucket list. Lots of stuff to see, enjoy, and be awestruck by in Colorado. Elevation could be a limiting factor for walking about. If you're in Boulder, try The Buff café. Excellent breakfast fare.

We are just sittin' and chillin' in our motor home at the campground we'll call home this winter. All in nice but we have to arrange satellite cable, internet, and wifi or we'll die of boredom.

Going to a sports bar at 5:30 to watch the Colts play on Monday Night Football. Things happen at strange times when your sitting in the Pacific time zone.

Ohms to all who need em. Travel safe. Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
What campgound is that?
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 03:25 PM   #44728

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Well - so far no damage other than a little bend to the crank up over the air Antena - but a big thud...
MAN! I'm thinking being around you is like attending a "Murder She Wrote" event. Something BAAAAD is gonna happen. LOL

Glad it wasn't serious. However...that kinda situation makes me want to run out and by a roll of Eternabond "just in case".
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 03:49 PM   #44729

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
MAN! I'm thinking being around you is like attending a "Murder She Wrote" event. Something BAAAAD is gonna happen. LOL

Glad it wasn't serious. However...that kinda situation makes me want to run out and by a roll of Eternabond "just in case".
"Somethin' BAD" Miranda Lambert with Carrie Underwood...

Written just for you !!!

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 2019 Coach House 26' .... Our Chihuahua T.T. lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 03:57 PM   #44730

MEL ... since it is getting close to your surgery day, I along with all other like-minded RVMs send your direction powerful protective thoughts and prayers. Called Ooommmsss in many forms of the spelling. The thought is to cover you like a blanket with our wings of concern.

RVM 34
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote