Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-22-2015, 03:21 AM   #44759

On the subject of television ... I've proven to myself recently that the world in general continues to rotate without my knowing every political fuss, social flare up, mini-disastor, and concocted news fill-in. For entertainment, the LRH and I purchase or get for free DVDs of interesting "stuff". Watch 'em and then trade off with somebody.

Now when it comes to football games, I watch one or two a week during "the season", but don't go all fan goofy if I miss one now and then. But this is just me, at an advanced age in life. Way back in the old days, I probably did allow the tube to infest my brain much more.

A book handles much easier than an iPad, and does not require charging. Yeah, that's old school entertainment. The iPad (and similar) are not responsible for my background education ... books did it. OK, a few good teachers got into the mix as well.

RVM 34
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2015, 06:16 AM   #44760

[QUOTE=Papawto5;2753944]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Steve.... If you have Direct Tv at home... They have an ipad app that you can watch anything on that you have at home.....
And you can plug your ipad into your tv.....

Nope we have Comcast at S&B for TV and wifi internet. I can watch all I want too through Xfinity but it still uses data. I don't pay for tv and wifi internet at home except for it's basic cost. To use ipad or computer without addition expense while on the road we need to be hooked into a wifi network. Otherwise, we have to use an additional AT&T hotspot device to have service while on the road and that uses data at an alarming rate. If our winter RV park would have anything resembling decent wifi, we would be all set.
Your service with Direct TV while traveling across the middle of Kansas is no additional expense???

Yep.... Just unhook one of the bixes and take it with us...

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 06:19 AM   #44761

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Hey! A thought occurs! (Watch out!)

Next Feb. there is a big gourd festival at the fairgrounds at Casa Grande, AZ. We've been a few times and it is a spectacular show, complete with classes. Mutants could descend upon them en masse, like benevolent locusts, a midi-c on the move.

Camping is possible and very cheap in the parking lot, fair food on offer, entertainment all day each day, shopping opps galore, and competition gourds...oh, the amazing, beautiful, whimsical gourds! Even Martin was blown away the first time we went.

What say ye, Snowbird Arizonans?

Ohhhhh that would be fun..... Give us more specifics....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Old 09-22-2015, 06:41 AM   #44762

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post

Copy cat!

[/COLOR]

yes, but i didnt get da man, didnt get da dog, didnt even get da Cat....

Btw i guess i just coulda saved the Tarantula that Larry caught on the step two weeks ago.... It was huge and scary...
Nah.... It was too scary and was still moving......

💀

Old 09-22-2015, 07:12 AM   #44763

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Ohhhhh that would be fun..... Give us more specifics....

I would love to get together with other Mutants, but I'm sure after having spent all of Dec,Jan,and Feb in Tucsan, I will be ready to get the heck out of town, and Az. Hope someday our travel plans and roaming this country will eventually align us with a mutant get together.
RVM #104
Dasmoeturhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 07:38 AM   #44764

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasmoeturhead View Post
I would love to get together with other Mutants, but I'm sure after having spent all of Dec,Jan,and Feb in Tucsan, I will be ready to get the heck out of town, and Az. Hope someday our travel plans and roaming this country will eventually align us with a mutant get together.

Careful what you hope for!
Old 09-22-2015, 08:30 AM   #44765

Quote:

Next Feb. there is a big gourd festival at the fairgrounds at Casa Grande, AZ. We've been a few times and it is a spectacular show, complete with classes. Mutants could descend upon them en masse, like benevolent locusts, a midi-c on the move.

Camping is possible and very cheap in the parking lot, fair food on offer, entertainment all day each day, shopping opps galore, and competition gourds...oh, the amazing, beautiful, whimsical gourds! Even Martin was blown away the first time we went.

It sounds very doable to us. Last year we didn't leave AZ till May and that was to long, but we waited till my daughter graduated from GCU. Since we are retired, we pretty much do what we want to ..... lol .....
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 08:34 AM   #44766

Quote:

Count me IN, I will try to schedule this to enjoy this descent...

I may not be a "Snowbird" & AR stands for Arkansas not what a lot of people think ARizona & only a sometimer, not the fulltimer --- BUT this sounds too good to pass up...

Thanks for the info...

BTW, I am enjoying the TV/Satellite/iPad/etc discussions... I use Dish at home & have the RV Box for the $7 a month when I want to use it.. I have to call to change zip codes as I travel & sometimes have to turn the service back on (even though I have been paying the $7)... Other than that, OK, but I would like to have my recorded programs from home & may look at that upgrade...

Continued Ohhmmmsss for Larry, Moon, & Mel & FAMILIES...

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 2019 Coach House 26' .... Our Chihuahua T.T. lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 08:38 AM   #44767

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Or ....

You could order a 25bs flux capacitor and buy an adaptor for the automatic nose-picker so that you can run your tablet and your blender through the schlack condenser, thus freeing up the Splendide so your DW can wash your underwear, which you soiled when you saw the price tag on the annual fee for Cheatum's All Everything Entertainment Package.
Oddly enough, I UNDERSTAND your suggestion as well as all the other comments... LOL

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 2019 Coach House 26' .... Our Chihuahua T.T. lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 09:21 AM   #44768

Sending lots of oooommmmmssss to Mel today she may well need them !!!

Cheers !!!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 09:29 AM   #44769

I sense the possibility of a GC in AZ, possibly in Casa Grande.
February.
Lots of STMs in AZ this snowbird season, more than ever before!
My whistle just got wet. How's yours?
Are pork butt smokers allowed in Casa?
Have I started something that I can't take back?
Do Kimonos open West of the Pacos?
Hmmmmm......
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 09:34 AM   #44770

Mel, you know how I feel. Nuff said.
Cuthburt, i long for the moment when I meet your LRH Gwevevere. You can be there too.
All is well in Show Low AZ. Took a little stroll with Da Boyz yesterday.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1442936036.833013.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	107622
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 09:43 AM   #44771

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Good morning mutants near and far! Looks to be a beautiful day ahead here in Colorful Colorado! Not sure what the day holds if anything. I love it when a plan comes together!
---------

Mel... I'm sending you Mutant Magic Time Warp Omms - these special Omms will allow you to accomplish 3 hours of w**k in one hour without even trying. You'll be amazed at how quickly the tasks before you today melt away today. You will be home at least 1 hour early today and well rested for tomorrow. We will be thinking of you as you begin your transition to wonder mutant with the bionic knees..
----------

Ommms continue to the LRH and the big feathered one.

Also Larry and Di and others in need.
---------

Di and Sue - I've been off of and out of my gourd for quite some time now. Maybe I will find it in Az. Something to think about.
---------

Di - I hear Trantualas are high in protein - not sure how they taste... maybe with bbq sauce???
---------

Papaw Steve - I had a post written and lost it... it was my best post ever. Oh well. When the spirit hits and the time is right - I will attempt to rewrite it...

On another note... Bonita Bounder is asking about the place you're spending the winter. We may visit you for a week or two. You have been warned!

Hi Mary Ann!
----------
And one last thought - I'm with the rooster on this one - politics and bad news, conspiracy theories etc. - are a thing of my past. If it didn't happen in the RV park or area I'm in or headed to - I pay it no mind.
----------

Safe travels mutants!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 10:03 AM   #44772

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The courtyard, grounds, and storefronts at the Turn of the Century Saloon last night.

The opening act - Local Montrose entertainer Donny Morales and a local Vet ready to enjoy the show. The bar in the background is very mutated.

This place is a great venue for up close and personal musical bliss. The $4 Coronas were great too. Had to try 3 of 4 of them to be sure they were ok for others to consume!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1442937347356.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	107625   Click image for larger version

Name:	1442937370315.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	107626  

Name:	1442937397877.jpg