Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-08-2013, 07:16 PM   #4467

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Well I'm not exactly sure, 2 Blenders, errrmmmm 6 strands of rope lights and electric swizzle sticks for the Daiquiris, Martini's and Margarita's oh and lets not forget the infamous wine chiller and keg fridge !! !!

Cheers !!!
Wine chiller and keg fridge could short circuit the far edge of the rainbow with 6 strands, once the electric swizzle stick becomes active.
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #4468

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
It was a superb Jeepy Curiosity! It was on Big Bug Mesa Road and on Senator Highway.

Got a rattlesnake upset as we rode by. Sorry, no pic. He moved too quick.

I will let the pics speak for the trail, the Bradford Mountains, all of us, and the bacon snack.

Attachment 47501
Looks as though you 'rainbow crossing' was a Grand Jeepy adventure.... with bacon.
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:46 PM   #4469

Been up in the Bradshaw mountains hundreds of times on dirt bikes and sand rails.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:15 PM   #4470

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
It was a superb Jeepy Curiosity! It was on Big Bug Mesa Road and on Senator Highway.

Got a rattlesnake upset as we rode by. Sorry, no pic. He moved too quick.

I will let the pics speak for the trail, the Bradford Mountains, all of us, and the bacon snack.

Attachment 47501
Hey Mutants !!!

What an excellent adventure it was, Jeepin trails, big rocks and ruts clean clear air, and even a little rattler that was so shook up it tried to attack Dave's sister's Jeep tire, the bacon snacks called BLT Bites didnt survive very long, and then finally lunch at EL Charro with much needed Ice Teas ( we were driven ya know) chips and salsa, and flautas to boot. . Great conversation and then a walk down Whiskey Row, Simply incredible from beginning to end, all it does is fuel the need for more Jeepin trips. I just wish the rest of you wonderful mutants could have tagged along. All I can say is that when we can get more of us together in AR, I think we will have a hard time breaking away to do anything but have a good time.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:18 PM   #4471

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCRUDE View Post
Looks like some mutants are having a great day. Our Jeep is sooo jealous. But it's not red with envy.

Wooooooooooo Hooooooooooo,

Nice Jeep !!! Some Where oe'r the rainbow, skies are Blue !!!!!!

Cheers !!!
Old 10-08-2013, 08:25 PM   #4472

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCRUDE View Post
Looks like some mutants are having a great day. Our Jeep is sooo jealous. But it's not red with envy.
Ouch! Freekin gorgeous.

Too pretty to get dirty?
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:28 PM   #4473

Quote:
Originally Posted by breed View Post
I had a awesome day lots of pics of big bucks on the ranch we are working at. this place is so peaceful and this morning I seen something that I think was a porky pine but not shore because it was not light enuff to tell. also got some wild game food for our thing in AR. this spring. now we need to buy a deep freezer for the motor home .also got picked for a hunt for a black buck. woohoo. now I need to find some hog so we can have a pig picken.. things are finely looking up still in a lot of pain from the black widow but thank god for Norco also I would like to say I'm so glad to be part of this movement. and it was very nice to meet rvm2 he made me feel very welcome to the club or what ever we are, lol
Hey Breed !!!

I wish you the best of luck with your buck hunt, there isnt anything quite like grilled venison on the barbie, and wild hog a possibility, could we be so lucky to hope for such a thing ?

We are lucky to have you join this grand mutated group of mutants as well Breed. Oh that little rattler that was so mad at us for disturbing his road crossing was only 12" to 14" long but he was wiry and not one bit happy happy happy at all, and I was happy that I was in the Jeep and he was slithering along in the dust.

Cheers !!!
Old 10-08-2013, 08:37 PM   #4474

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
We like to spend the morning watching TV, and reading or playing games on electronic devices.
The only thing I get from sitting g around the picnic tables is splinters, (lol).

We went fulltime officially 9/7. We've spent our time much the same way as before, mornings anyway.
Hey Dave & Deb,

Mornings are for relaxing and waking up and just taking it easy, I hardly ever get started until after the morning pot of coffee is dry, which can be as early as 9am or as late as 11am depending on how late the night before lasted. We went full time in early June and we have no intention of looking back. Remember even if you back track you are still moving forward.

Cheers !!!
Old 10-08-2013, 08:57 PM   #4475

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
With four mutants in one place at one time, do we this an official quarter ponder?

Inquiring minds wanna know?
Hahahaha Possum,

It was indeed a quarter ponder with bacon and Jeeps, what else could it have been ?
What you want fries with that too ?

Cheers !!!
Old 10-08-2013, 09:14 PM   #4476
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Steve we mutated back to the home base yesterday and Jenny (the Journey) continues to perform flawlessly! (Knock on wood)

As it turns out...I can definitely say those cows in Brenham are Happy, Happy, Happy and they do turn out some good ice cream! Wish I could pull one of behind Jenny and get it straight from the spicket! That is where it comes from right! (City boy here) As for the grand-daughter, this tourney was not a good one for them, they got eliminated early. Sooooo we will get em next time.
Yes, in Texas chocolate ice cream, as does chocolate milk, comes from chocolate cows.

Eggnog of curse comes from milking chickens.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:11 AM   #4477
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
I can now add "Bat Wrangling" to my resume!

Had some bats roosting in my timber frame addition. Waited till they left the other night on their moth hunting expedition, still found one home and got him into my red bucket, flushed him (cause he wouldn't fly away) and closed up their hotel.

I could almost start a new business!
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:25 AM   #4478

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Reminder - First Ever RV Mutant Grande Curiosity (Mutantspeak for Rally) will be held April 24th-30th 2014 at Catherines Landing in Hot Springs Arkansas. We have a great mutant rate of $28 per night and somewhere between 15 and 20 RVMs signed up or tentatively holding a site. There are still sites available. If you have not declared your intentions, there is no time like the present.

Perhaps later today our chief reservation mutant - Herb of Herb and Barb fame - can post the status and site availability list to assist mutants in selecting a site. You'll need to reply here to let Herb and the curiosity know your intentions. And then follow up with Catherines Landing and a refundable $28 deposit on your site. Refunds are allowable up to 3 days in advance of the gathering of mutants, so there's no reason to fret losing your deposit.

Seems that the buzz of the Grande Curiosity has calmed down and the mutants are little more quiet of late. I have many things on my list to do including the private roster with enhanced personal info / details, and a planning document to establish some activities and things to do at and around the curiosity. Don't let me or waiting on that slow the ponders, info exchange, ideas and pictures. We mutants are one happy group living or dreaming the dream of mutation. Our sharing here is the key to our current and future success on the rainbow.

So mutants - let's hear from you! RVM2 checking in. Back at work and missing the freedom of the rainbow. Who'll be next. Step up and be counted!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:57 AM   #4479

Fleetwood Owners Club
This is a real Man story, be prepared for manliness before reading! Many years ago while building our S&B our contractor was completing outside work while DW, myself and two of her sisters were painting the interior walls. I was painting the master bathroom, one of them in various rooms in the house painting or prepping. It started with a scream, lots of commotion then giggles. I could hear the bedroom door opening and shuting and noises of all kinds till finally I had to investigate.

Opening the bathroom door I see DW and sisters, running around in bedroom trying to get a bat to fly out the open window. They stopped, the bat stopped and hung from ceiling and of course I made fun of them for acting like a bunch of giggle girls. Picking up a large square of cardboard I proceed to show them the proper technique to driving bats out a open window.

As I headed toward this furry little critter it became obvious it had had enough fun with us for the day and turned into a visous blood suck bird of eval. Circling around the room, behind my cardboard and diving at our heads the only escape was all four of us to run for the nearest door. Now all four of us set in the bathroom huddled together in fear for our lives. Every time we peek out the door the bat is circling.

Finally we hear the voice. A male voice calling from the bedroom. "Everything ok?" "What's the problem". We peek out of the bathroom one more time and see our contractor standing there. Looking closer we see the bat had again stopped flying and hanging from ceiling. One of the sisters points to the problem. Contractor dumps the ice from his cup out the window, picks up some newspaper laying on floor, cup over bat, paper over cup, bat out window. He the man!
Old 10-09-2013, 10:05 AM   #4480

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Reminder - First Ever RV Mutant Grande Curiosity (Mutantspeak for Rally) will be held April 24th-30th 2014 at Catherines Landing in Hot Springs Arkansas. We have a great mutant rate of $28 per night and somewhere between 15 and 20 RVMs signed up or tentatively holding a site. There are still sites available. If you have not declared your intentions, there is no time like the present.

Perhaps later today our chief reservation mutant - Herb of Herb and Barb fame - can post the status and site availability list to assist mutants in selecting a site. You'll need to reply here to let Herb and the curiosity know your intentions. And then follow up with Catherines Landing and a refundable $28 deposit on your site. Refunds are allowable up to 3 days in advance of the gathering of mutants, so there's no reason to fret losing your deposit.

Seems that the buzz of the Grande Curiosity has calmed down and the mutants are little more quiet of late. I have many things on my list to do including the private roster with enhanced personal info / details, and a planning document to establish some activities and things to do at and around the curiosity. Don't let me or waiting on that slow the ponders, info exchange, ideas and pictures. We mutants are one happy group living or dreaming the dream of mutation. Our sharing here is the key to our current and future success on the rainbow.

So mutants - let's hear from you! RVM2 checking in. Back at work and missing the freedom of the rainbow. Who'll be next. Step up and be counted!
Hey Steve,

I think the buzz of the Grande Curiosity is still a go, but we cant talk about it nonstop, those that are following the thread know well its going to take place . I do think that a gentle reminder every 50 or 60 posts is a good thing though. and an update of the count of mutants signed or committed as well, Yesterdays Jeepin trip with Dave & Nola was just a taste and oh man what a fun time was had, we literally had to pull our selves off that mountain and come back to reality. I just hope that we can convince a few others to take the brass ring and make a place in their schedule to attend the Grande Curiosity in April.

Cheers all around RVMdom !!!!!