Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2015, 10:05 PM   #44857

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Can't let ya down, Di!

All is well. With the pain blocker the anesthesiologist gave me I'm a happy Mutant! And when the pain blocker wears off on Friday, they'll give me happy pills.

With rehab starting in the morning, I'm looking forward to strengthening my leg and driving Bow to Palo Duro in early November, if I'm released to drive by then! Yay!!! Cannot WAIT!
Just make sure you stay ahead of the pain, this is related by my DW Marcia who had both her knees done three weeks apart .....

We are happy to see you posting !!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2015, 10:08 PM   #44858
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
We are going back today to Larrys post op checkup.... But he is doing great.....
Btw his preop EKG, tech and Doc both said it looked as if he never had a heart attack.... Strong....
Never doubt emotional well being as healing power..... Smile...

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Wow. That is simply amazing! It has to be true - the connection between emotional well being, happiness and fulfillment to physical health, that is.

We love the pics we've seen from time to time of you and Larry ... beaide a lake ... With the fur babies ... beside your Moho. You LOOK happy in a way that can't be faked just for a photo, which tells us that you ARE happy.

Love IS grand! And it has healing power, as most everyone in this Mutant family knows and has experienced

Hugs and high fives! 😊
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 10:36 PM   #44859
MPH

Hugs and high fives to our entire Mutant family!!!

Jeff, those great photos of CO are making me ca-razy to take a Bow/road trip! We could use the excuse that we need to run up and check on our property in Pagosa Srings .... Now THERE'S an idea.

Sounds and looks like y'all are having a grand time! Mutant-style!
Old 09-23-2015, 10:39 PM   #44860

Quote:

Jeff, those great photos of CO are making me ca-razy to take a Bow/road trip! We could use the excuse that we need to run up and check on our property in Pagosa Srings .... Now THERE'S an idea.

Sounds and looks like y'all are having a grand time! Mutant-style!

GC at Mel and Kates at Pagosa Springs?
Glad yer doin good!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 10:50 PM   #44861
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
GC at Mel and Kates at Pagosa Springs?
Glad yer doin good!
Oh yeah! Just google Pagosa Springs.
Old 09-23-2015, 10:54 PM   #44862
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Well, we are in the KOA Kampground, Flagstaff, AZ for 1 week. We hooked up with my friend and high school classmate in California and the followed us to this location. It will be a fun week.

Problem is that this Kampground has sites that are real unlevel and with my jack problem (exisiting) I'm up on boards. I need to go up another board on passenger side but it will have to wait until morning. Right now I'm 2 degrees low on the left. Jacks will just not hold on that side.

On top of that, and as a intro, 3-4 years or more ago we lost a jack foot on the front passenger jack. It just came unscrewed and fell of. Bent the heck out of the Ultra Guard rear flap. Bent the angle iron the flap is attached to. Well, today when I raised the jacks, Ealrene check to see that they were up and exclaimed that the jack foot was gone again. In the meantime I kept a 4 inch square piece of iron and it is now the jack foot. I place a 12x12 piece of plywood then that square on top and lower the jack on it.

My friend had a blow out 10 miles out of Kingman yesterday. It took out the filler tube on his gas tank. Took about 4 hours for the repair facility to fix that little item so Earlene and I had a lazy morning. Got on the road around 1:30 p.m. and they caught up with us (me driving 55) and they had problems with the step not coming out and their house AC not working on the Genny.

Oh enough of my rant.
So. A typical RVing trip.
Old 09-23-2015, 10:56 PM   #44863
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Hey Mel. I'm glad all is well with you; take care.
Old 09-23-2015, 10:57 PM   #44864

Still awake, Mel? Izzat becuz you had such a long nap this mornin???

Really glad to hear from you, making sense, even, and planning ahead for road trips. Between that and Wayne ( oh, and Kate crackin the whip!), you have all kinda motivation!

You've been down this road before, tho, so I know you know what you hafta do. Bet you do it, too!

Cheers!
Old 09-23-2015, 11:04 PM   #44865
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
So. A typical RVing trip.
Seems that way. Or, reason why it's name is "Citrus."

Quote:
Wayne, will you write and perform a stand-up skech? They say laugher helps in healing. Man, reading your stuff should have me outa here tomorrow and back at w@%k on Monday! Go Wayne, go!
Earlene always says, "Don't encourage him!" when I tell my funnies. She must be wrong. I was wrong once.....no....I was just mistaken.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 11:34 PM   #44866

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Earlene tells me you always miss taken out the garbage. That's the mistaken you keep miss understanding.

Hell Mel, don't encourage him.

Barb, how long before you start slipping south? DW and I keep seeing the adverts about getting off the rock and may take the clipper to Seattle for an over-nighter. Maybe we can hook up for a mini-c?
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 12:15 AM   #44867

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hi Dennis,

For now I'm planning to leave around 10/6, but I can be somewhat flexible. When were you thinking of heading this way?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 12:22 AM   #44868
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Still awake, Mel? Izzat becuz you had such a long nap this mornin???

Really glad to hear from you, making sense, even, and planning ahead for road trips. Between that and Wayne ( oh, and Kate crackin the whip!), you have all kinda motivation!

You've been down this road before, tho, so I know you know what you hafta do. Bet you do it, too!

Cheers!
lol! Well the insomnia is related to discomfort, my mom's snoring (she insisted on being with me 24/7 at the hospital) and my excitement at getting new knees with which to explore much more of the rainbow.

And you're correct: I am HIGHLY motivated to do rehab! It works.

How are you? How's Martin? The farm? The Moho?

Can't wait to get together for some craftin and yackin!
Old 09-24-2015, 12:34 AM   #44869

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Hi Dennis,

For now I'm planning to leave around 10/6, but I can be somewhat flexible. When were you thinking of heading this way?
Still in the talking stages but we both are anxious to just get away.

have company coming from the Philippines in early October and then we may go camping or drive to Victoria and jump on the clipper.

It will probably not be until after you plan to leave.

Anyway we want to get down south this winter and maybe we can get together then.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 06:38 AM   #44870

Quote:
Wow. That is simply amazing! It has to be true - the connection between emotional well being, happiness and fulfillment to physical health, that is.

We love the pics we've seen from time to time of you and Larry ... beaide a lake ... With the fur babies ... beside your Moho. You LOOK happy in a way that can't be faked just for a photo, which tells us that you ARE happy.

Love IS grand! And it has healing power, as most everyone in this Mutant family knows and has experienced

Hugs and high fives! 😊

I figured you would post.... Thats great. I went off to bed.... After Larrys appt we had a late lunch, early dinner date.... Went to a local pizza place that is usually too crowded to get in at conventional meal times, and had the enture place to ourselves...... But that means we mussed nap.... So i crashed at 10.

But so glad you were on and verbal...... Smile... Hugs back...

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote