Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-09-2013, 11:05 AM   #4481

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Reminder - First Ever RV Mutant Grande Curiosity (Mutantspeak for Rally) will be held April 24th-30th 2014 at Catherines Landing in Hot Springs Arkansas. We have a great mutant rate of $28 per night and somewhere between 15 and 20 RVMs signed up or tentatively holding a site. There are still sites available. If you have not declared your intentions, there is no time like the present.

Perhaps later today our chief reservation mutant - Herb of Herb and Barb fame - can post the status and site availability list to assist mutants in selecting a site. You'll need to reply here to let Herb and the curiosity know your intentions. And then follow up with Catherines Landing and a refundable $28 deposit on your site. Refunds are allowable up to 3 days in advance of the gathering of mutants, so there's no reason to fret losing your deposit.

Seems that the buzz of the Grande Curiosity has calmed down and the mutants are little more quiet of late. I have many things on my list to do including the private roster with enhanced personal info / details, and a planning document to establish some activities and things to do at and around the curiosity. Don't let me or waiting on that slow the ponders, info exchange, ideas and pictures. We mutants are one happy group living or dreaming the dream of mutation. Our sharing here is the key to our current and future success on the rainbow.

So mutants - let's hear from you! RVM2 checking in. Back at work and missing the freedom of the rainbow. Who'll be next. Step up and be counted!
Hey Steve,

I think the buzz of the Grande Curiosity is still a go, but we cant talk about it nonstop, those that are following the thread know well its going to take place . I do think that a gentle reminder every 50 or 60 posts is a good thing though. and an update of the count of mutants signed or committed as well, Yesterdays Jeepin trip with Dave & Nola was just a taste and oh man what a fun time was had, we literally had to pull our selves off that mountain and come back to reality. I just hope that we can convince a few others to take the brass ring and make a place in their schedule to attend the Grande Curiosity in April.

Cheers all around RVMdom !!!!!

PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2013, 11:18 AM   #4482

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We officially have a paid reservation for #108. Right in the center so its easier to keep an eye on all the mutants and their shenanigans. Also, probably the best place to smell bacon cooking

Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:28 AM   #4483

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Jeff - I was actually trying to say - I'm glad we are not talking about it nonstop - and trying to encourage mutants to return to our usual ponders and such - while giving the gentle reminder to the uncommitted mutant. Guess I wasn't a lucid mutant. LOL - translucent mutant - opaque mutant - committed mutant - uncommitted mutant - it's all good in the RVMhood.

Wish we had been there for the great jeep mutation. Sure looked like a grand time!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:18 PM   #4484

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I still think a new thread for the spring Curiosity is a good idea. It is really easy for someone to miss things as they fly by in huge number of messages being posted.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:27 PM   #4485

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss
I still think a new thread for the spring Curiosity is a good idea. It is really easy for someone to miss things as they fly by in huge number of messages being posted.
But all RVMs have been sent a PM with notice of the event. If they've logged in at all - they should know - and many did respond. As we get closer to the date - maybe Jan 1st - a Curiosity Specific thread may be a good idea. As it is now but Oct - starting it now will either drop it to the bottom of the thread list or require posting to it keep it in site. I'm not saying don't do it. Feel free but tending two threads the next 7 months doesn't seem necessary at the moment. YMMV
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:36 PM   #4486

Quote:
Jeff - I was actually trying to say - I'm glad we are not talking about it nonstop - and trying to encourage mutants to return to our usual ponders and such - while giving the gentle reminder to the uncommitted mutant. Guess I wasn't a lucid mutant. LOL - translucent mutant - opaque mutant - committed mutant - uncommitted mutant - it's all good in the RVMhood.

Wish we had been there for the great jeep mutation. Sure looked like a grand time!
Hey Steve,

I understand exactly what you were talking about, and yes the ponderings are what keep us rooted and our feet on the ground it would be wonderful to dream unlimited dreams of the upcoming mutantfest. In the meantime if any of the group are close enough to get together I strongly recommend that the effort is made to hold as many mini curiosities as possible, that way it will make the reunion that much sweeter.

I have a ponder:

Just how lucid must a mutant be ? I think if you are too lucid it would just take all of the fun out of it

"Hopefully some of that made sense I'm still on a Jeepin High"

Dave and Deb!!! alright #108 is really close to #110 and I look forward to making your acquaintance as well, Howdy Neighbor !!!

Sky Boss !!! is it possible to have a separate thread to the Grande Curiosity and link it to this one ?

I for one really dont know, and I will admit to one and all that I am sometimes electronically challenged when it comes to navigating around on my mutant electrical device that connects me to one and all mutants, the good thing is that I am learning more each day.

Cheers !!!
Old 10-09-2013, 12:51 PM   #4487

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
But all RVMs have been sent a PM with notice of the event. If they've logged in at all - they should know - and many did respond. As we get closer to the date - maybe Jan 1st - a Curiosity Specific thread may be a good idea. As it is now but Oct - starting it now will either drop it to the bottom of the thread list or require posting to it keep it in site. I'm not saying don't do it. Feel free but tending two threads the next 7 months doesn't seem necessary at the moment. YMMV
Steve, my friend...

You make some good points. I see the Mutant thread as a continual, virtual curiosity. It brings all opinions, ponders and ruminations to us in an open fashion. I have seen a couple examples of impromptu/targeted rallies that were set up via a singular thread. I participated in one (along with huntnski) of those last spring. I certainly can see that 7 months out is a bit early to get too specific. OTOH, look at how much specific information is buried deep within the archives of this thread.

Perhaps I have way too much time on my hands pondering my return to work.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:13 PM   #4488

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Steve, my friend...

You make some good points. I see the Mutant thread as a continual, virtual curiosity. It brings all opinions, ponders and ruminations to us in an open fashion. I have seen a couple examples of impromptu/targeted rallies that were set up via a singular thread. I participated in one (along with huntnski) of those last spring. I certainly can see that 7 months out is a bit early to get too specific. OTOH, look at how much specific information is buried deep within the archives of this thread.

Perhaps I have way too much time on my hands pondering my return to work.
!!!! Don !!!!!,

You have to return to work ??? oh no no no no say it isnt so !!!!

And while I am at it, there is something I wish to pontificate about, Last night after returning from our extraordinary Jeep trip, there was a Foretravel parked next to my rig and he had a 2006 Rubicon, he was not a fulltimer and he asked me, What is it you do as a full timer, he further stated that he had a retired friend who sold everything and went full time and instantly gained 100 pounds and other health problems as well. I said well your friend didnt stay busy enough, and to be honest I stay as busy as I can, and probably as busy as you do as well, the greatest thing is that I dont have to go home, I have it with me. For me I guess its that I have a plan, I will be the first to admit that I weigh more than I should , but with that said, I have always felt that I was built for comfort and not speed ... LOL ... what it boils down to the only real difference in my life is that I can go where I wish and when I wish, I am no longer tied to a home and all the upkeep and headaches that the upkeep can bring about. And I'll tell ya what, no more 4 hours on the tractor to mow the lawn, no more days of spending time switching out the mower deck for the snowblower attachment, no more cutting down dead trees and hauling the brush that goes with it, and those of you that are still in your homes, or those of you that no longer have your homes, you know what I'm talking about. I am not bragging or saying one lifestyle is better than another, But Marcia and I are so much more happier being able to ride the rainbow. Not to talk our meeting with RVM1 to death, but yesterday we went to Prescott, Arizona for the first time, the weather was fantastic, the city is incredible, and the history it holds is something I'm going to delve into more. and I'm only an hour away, in two shakes I could pull up stakes and in just a short time check out everything Prescott has to offer. If I still owned my former home back in Michigan all of yesterdays excitement would have just been a dream. I am happy that now I can live the dream.

I cant wait till all of our rainbows land on the same pot of Gold.

Cheers !!!!
Old 10-09-2013, 07:20 PM   #4489
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Maybe the email list is a better place for a second thread about the GC at CL in Apr? If you are a member of RVM2Rvm use this link to go to the webpage. Yahoo! Groups
You need to login to yahoo to access it. Remember to include @yahoo.com after your username.

It would be helpful if someone would explore what the possibilities of what we can store there. I'm making a quick trip to Seattle to pick up my toad today, then back to the river tomorrow.

If you are an RVM and want to join the email list PM me your email address and RVM# and I'll subscribe you.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:31 PM   #4490

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
!!!! Don !!!!!,

You have to return to work ??? oh no no no no say it isnt so !!!!

I'm on furlough...I need to government to go back to work so I can turn in my retirement paperwork. LOL

Nov 30th official date, Nov 27th we motate/mutate towards the south.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:20 PM   #4491

Quote:
I'm on furlough...I need to government to go back to work so I can turn in my retirement paperwork. LOL

Hey Don,

Ok yeah yeah thats right now I remember, whew !!!!! I was getting nervous ... it makes me wonder if our leaders will get things straightened out ... I wish you the best ... Keep looking forward sir, yeeee haaaaaa

Cheers !!!
Old 10-09-2013, 09:29 PM   #4492

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:

Its the only occupation worth planning for and that's the truth. The road ahead is way more fun when you can start and stop the rainbow road at will.
Enjoy it for all its worth.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:33 PM   #4493

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Okay fellow mutants.... I've been lurking in the shadows but Steve I will post an updated list of CL and the GC tomorrow. I have been tied down with sad news and haven't been very talkative.

We lost a new friend we made here at the RV Park where we base. He was only 41 and had four kids ages 13-16. Rick was a super nice guy and has become a good friend to Barb and I. Tues. nite he rode his Harley with another neighbor on his Harley to get a bite to eat at a local restaurant. When headed home they were entering the freeway when a young girl switched lanes in front of him clipping his front wheel. He was doing about 50mph when he was knocked off his bike and hit the road head first. He was knocked out they say as he slid in the Lane next to him and a senior driving a small pickup ran over him killing him. The poor man was so distraught over the accident that he had a heart attack and had to be care-flighted to the hospital.

As if that wasn't enough, the next day a close friend of my family for many years passed away in his sleep. He was 65.

Now today I find out my golfing buddies sister passed away. I've known Christina for many years. She lived a great life for 91 years. Soooooo needless to say, we are bouncing around trying to comfort families and preparing for three funerals starting tomorrow. Bear with me and I will get the update posted soon. In the meantime keep these families in your prayers and thanks for your understanding.

H&B
Old 10-09-2013, 10:54 PM   #4494

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
OK you two, no need for an update any time soon. The issues at hand are, to my way of thinking, way more important. You and Barb are in our thoughts.

(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote