Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2013, 12:21 AM   #4495

Hello Herb & Barb,

Take your time and tend to those that need your immediate help and care, we will be here for you when you get done.

Take care Dear Friends,

PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2013, 08:00 AM   #4496

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Herb and Barb. Annie and I and all mutants are here for you. I am at a loss for words so a few moments of silence in remembrance of your friends seems in order. Peace.

flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:15 AM   #4497
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Herb and Barb,

So sorry to hear of your friend's passing to the Lord.

Thinking about you and a prayer their way.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:25 AM   #4498

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Okay fellow mutants.... I've been lurking in the shadows but Steve I will post an updated list of CL and the GC tomorrow. I have been tied down with sad news and haven't been very talkative.

We lost a new friend we made here at the RV Park where we base. He was only 41 and had four kids ages 13-16. Rick was a super nice guy and has become a good friend to Barb and I. Tues. nite he rode his Harley with another neighbor on his Harley to get a bite to eat at a local restaurant. When headed home they were entering the freeway when a young girl switched lanes in front of him clipping his front wheel. He was doing about 50mph when he was knocked off his bike and hit the road head first. He was knocked out they say as he slid in the Lane next to him and a senior driving a small pickup ran over him killing him. The poor man was so distraught over the accident that he had a heart attack and had to be care-flighted to the hospital.

As if that wasn't enough, the next day a close friend of my family for many years passed away in his sleep. He was 65.

Now today I find out my golfing buddies sister passed away. I've known Christina for many years. She lived a great life for 91 years. Soooooo needless to say, we are bouncing around trying to comfort families and preparing for three funerals starting tomorrow. Bear with me and I will get the update posted soon. In the meantime keep these families in your prayers and thanks for your understanding.

H&B
So sorry, when it rains it pours and it ain't fair but it is the way it is... thinking of you and those who lost loved ones.
MartySQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:01 AM   #4499
RVM1

Herb and Barb,

You have our best wishes during this very difficult time.

Dave and Nola

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:16 AM   #4500

Hey My Fellow Mutants,

What Marty said when it rains it pours ... X2 ... I received a call last night from my mother. It seems my father who will be 81 in November ran into the back of a parked utility truck and had to be taken to the hospital with a possible spine fracture, I havent heard more on that as of this morning, but to go along with that my 25 year old nephew on my side, had open heart surgery late August, he has developed blood clots and his incision is also infected, he has been readmitted to the hospital as well.

It just goes to show you that no matter where you may be on your rainbow, that things happen beyond your control. Of course it doesnt make anything easier, but it is in our human nature to care and comfort when we can. My brother called me this morning and said, "How is it you are 2000 miles away but you know more about whats going on" I just said Im easy to get ahold of.

Keep the faith my fellow Mutants, it will get better.

Cheers !!!
Old 10-10-2013, 11:25 AM   #4501

iRV2 No Limits Club
Herb and Barb our thought and prayers are with you.

PTJeep our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family also.
Being long distance make it even harder sometimes. The stress of
not knowing and being there to help cam be awful. We pray for his
full recovery.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:30 AM   #4502

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Life over the rainbow can be challenging. Family issues are perhaps the hardest ones to work around. Weddings, funerals, illnesses all happen with or without our ability to intercede. Some times we can send our congrats and a wedding gift other times we will be compelled to be with family.

As we travel the rainbow we can't ignore that occasionally it will elude us because of unplanned or unwanted challenges. When that happens we just find the first off ramp, take care of business, then find the next on ramp and continue on.

Take care to a all travelers in what ever special needs and situations they might encounter.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:16 PM   #4503

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Life over the rainbow can be challenging. Family issues are perhaps the hardest ones to work around. Weddings, funerals, illnesses all happen with or without our ability to intercede. Some times we can send our congrats and a wedding gift other times we will be compelled to be with family.

As we travel the rainbow we can't ignore that occasionally it will elude us because of unplanned or unwanted challenges. When that happens we just find the first off ramp, take care of business, then find the next on ramp and continue on.

Take care to a all travelers in what ever special needs and situations they might encounter.
Well Said Don,

We carry on as best we can and deal with issues as they arise, I was sending a DVD to the father of a very close friend today, and lo and behold I found out I didnt have his address so I tried to call him, no answer, so I call my buddy to find out where his dad is. Come to find out he was helping a neighbor cut down some big tree limbs and the dang limb fell on him and tore up his ACL and MCL and meniscus in his knee plus cracked his femur, I think this is enough..... ohmmmmmmm ohmmmmm ohmmmmmmm mutant wishes to end the craziness ohmmmmmmm.

I think today, since its a bit cool in AZ, we are just going to sit back and count our blessings, relax and recoup and stay prepared to follow the sun.

Best wishes to all of you on this rainbow, it will get better.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:53 PM   #4504
RV Mutant #29

I'm getting afraid to open this thread! Positive thoughts to all....
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:30 PM   #4505

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti
I'm getting afraid to open this thread! Positive thoughts to all....
Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans. We have all been given a great gift to be here, and have also been a resiliency to rebound and move forward. I for one am glad to have so many good mutants to share the Rainbow with in good times and the not so good. I was always skeptical of a cyber community - and guess I still am - but a cyber curiosity is a mutant of a different color methinks. All good things to all good mutants!
RVM2
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:33 PM   #4506

Hey Tina,

Never be afraid to open the thread, positive thoughts are always a good thing to read, we have had a very relaxing day and tomorrow looks even better. I am happy to have such a good group of friends here that can read and offer their views and thoughts on well just about any issue that arises, if that were not so we wouldnt have grown to the point of actually making plans to meet as many of each other as we can. One of these days I hope I get to meet each and every mutant face to face to share a few stories of the rainbow.

All of it makes us stronger.

Cheers !!!
Old 10-10-2013, 09:51 PM   #4507

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Well good evening mutant friends one and all! Funeral #1 down and #2 tomorrow morning.
Barb and I want to thank you for all your kind thoughts and prayers. PT is spot on target! It is so heart warming to be apart of a great group of folks who are genuine and so willing to gather around one of our mutants in distress. When we do finally get to put a face with a name, rather than feeling like we met someone new, I think it will feel more like old friends coming together for a reunion. Anyway, because we share a common love of life on the rainbow, we really are like family.... a family Barb and I are so proud to be associated with. Sweet dreams brothers and sisters, I will touch base tomorrow.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:01 PM   #4508
RVM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Well good evening mutant friends one and all! Funeral #1 down and #2 tomorrow morning. Barb and I want to thank you for all your kind thoughts and prayers. PT is spot on target! It is so heart warming to be apart of a great group of folks who are genuine and so willing to gather around one of our mutants in distress. When we do finally get to put a face with a name, rather than feeling like we met someone new, I think it will feel more like old friends coming together for a reunion. Anyway, because we share a common love of life on the rainbow, we really are like family.... a family Barb and I are so proud to be associated with. Sweet dreams brothers and sisters, I will touch base tomorrow.
Herb and Barb.
That is an RVM ponderance of the very highest order.
You have so very kindly touched my heart.
Dave

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote