Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-28-2015, 08:37 PM   #45095

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
^^^ How many tons can you be out, when you guess?
Plus or Minus...
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2015, 09:12 PM   #45096

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Big day tomorrow.
Good night mutants.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 09:33 PM   #45097

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Plus or Minus...
Either....
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 09:42 PM   #45098

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
I startup on coffee but move to tea soon after the first or second as I found folks have a tendency to avoid me when I'm on too much coffee
Are you sure it's the coffee?
Old 09-28-2015, 10:21 PM   #45099
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
Attachment 108139Attachment 108140
Pics...it's happening.
Love, love it!
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 10:29 PM   #45100
MPH

Pics or it didn't happen? I'm not posting the one without the staples.

This first one is after day 5 in hospital. Left knee is recipient of so much treatment. It looks GREAT now, but still has pain issues. Going home tomorrow. Hooray. There is a story, but I'm too pooped to share it tonight. You won't believe it ..... well, maybe you will. I can hardly believe it myself, though .....

Second pic ... Now is this proof it happened, or what? Sorry if anyone is squeamish about this kind of thing. Admin can take them down if anyone wants the pics removed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1443500936094451097723.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	171.4 KB
ID:	108307   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0244-1.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	108310  

Old 09-29-2015, 03:11 AM   #45101

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Are you sure it's the coffee?
You know, I never thought of that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Pics or it didn't happen? I'm not posting the one without the staples.

This first one is after day 5 in hospital. Left knee is recipient of so much treatment. It looks GREAT now, but still has pain issues. Going home tomorrow. Hooray. There is a story, but I'm too pooped to share it tonight. You won't believe it ..... well, maybe you will. I can hardly believe it myself, though .....

Second pic ... Now is this proof it happened, or what? Sorry if anyone is squeamish about this kind of thing. Admin can take them down if anyone wants the pics removed.
Yeaaa Mel! Was wondering without any update yesterday what was up, glad to hear going home.
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 04:59 AM   #45102
MPH

Meant to say that I'm not posting a picture with the staples showing.

At 4:20am, they stahave rted the freakin' SIXTH (6th) IV li #45007
Yesterday, 10:56 PM
ne in 5 days. Really?????! This last (and final) one was done correctly. A little pain on the insert, but that is to be expected.

They had better discharge me today.. Or put me where I was last week.

I haven't been on the joint replacement wing since Friday, when I was dc'd. On re-admission on Sat, I was put on a different wing. Care not as good here, but would've given them a grade of B until my nurse blew two veins in a row yesterday, trying to start an IV. I'll forgive one, but TWO?!! In a row? In a space of 20 minutes? Uh uh.

Second pic was from Sat night in the ER. They said "Cellulitis" and Kate went pale. ER doc re-admitted me. Blood thinner continued and they put me back on an IV fluid drip.

Soooooo, they started pumping me full of saline day after day, along with IV antibiotics. My surgeon's PA (& our good friend) was the one who finally figured it out. "Normal white count ... huge red blotches ... I think you're having a reaction to the blood thinner." She stopped the blood thinner and saline drip, then started me on aspirin BID after all blood thinning medication was outta my system. Been improving ever since! Fluid slowly dissipating from leg. Redness slowly decreasing. Normal bruising increasing. No cellulitis. Whew. Going home today.

And that, fellow Mutants, is my final report.
Old 09-29-2015, 06:35 AM   #45103

Monaco Owners Club
Yay, Mel! That looked scary for sure. I'm glad they figured it out. Mary is apparently has a reaction to it, too. Her PT and PTT were normal, but she was bruised from the waist down. It was Halloween appropriate and took weeks to resolve.
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 06:42 AM   #45104

Hey Mel !!!

Just keep on using those oooommmmmssss and prayers........ There are plenty of them still flying around out there coming from the Rainbow.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 06:47 AM   #45105

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
How I see it sometimes is that people want me to accept their beliefs and their ways, but they do not want to accept my beliefs and my ways.

Oh well!
NO, NO, NO.....it isn't your beliefs or ways that some of don't accept.......it's all about that THEME SONG
Old 09-29-2015, 07:01 AM   #45106

Quote:

ne in 5 days. Really?????! This last (and final) one was done correctly. A little pain on the insert, but that is to be expected.

I haven't been on the joint replacement wing since Friday, when I was dc'd. On re-admission on Sat, I was put on a different wing. Care not as good here, but would've given them a grade of B until my nurse blew two veins in a row yesterday, trying to start an IV. I'll forgive one, but TWO?!! In a row? In a space of 20 minutes? Uh uh.

Second pic was from Sat night in the ER. They said "Cellulitis" and Kate went pale. ER doc re-admitted me. Blood thinner continued and they put me back on an IV fluid drip.

Soooooo, they started pumping me full of saline day after day, along with IV antibiotics. My surgeon's PA (& our good friend) was the one who finally figured it out. "Normal white count ... huge red blotches ... I think you're having a reaction to the blood thinner." She stopped the blood thinner and saline drip, then started me on aspirin BID after all blood thinning medication was outta my system. Been improving ever since! Fluid slowly dissipating from leg. Redness slowly decreasing. Normal bruising increasing. No cellulitis. Whew. Going home today.

Oh wow..... I was wondering since there was no update yesterday.... Ohms

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 07:05 AM   #45107

Mel glad it's getting better. Still praying for you.

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 07:20 AM   #45108

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:

Okay Mel, just tell them that enough is enough.....BTW, it sounds like you're at a VA Hospital [reason I don't use VA]. Am so sorry for all that extra & undue pain. You're a real trooper. I for one, who has a LOW tolerance of pain, would have gone ballistic on the staff [just ask Di]. With everyone talking about being PC, I feel that there is NO room to be PC in your situation. If the medical care continues to be on their normal, below par standards, just ask them for a yellow pages, phone book [if they still exist]. Then, just open it to the ATTORNEY's pages, and leave it opened at your bedside. Maybe you'll start receiving better care.

Bottomline..........just get better.