Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-01-2015, 09:38 PM   #45221

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Good way to stretch the budget for fuel. When you Google a route, use the "avoid highways" option and try to stay at 55-58 on back roads.
At 65 mph towing I got 9 MPG including generator use overnight while Walmarting.
At 55 mph I got 11. Adds up to $1000 per year for 8-10k miles per year.
I know many mutants have already figured this out. But this may be news to many!

Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2015, 09:43 PM   #45222

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We spent about 7 days in South Dakota. It far exceeded my preconceptions! The silver lining to needing new A/C covers and front tires, we got to "see" South Dakota!

Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 10:00 PM   #45223
RVM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
Good way to stretch the budget for fuel. When you Google a route, use the "avoid highways" option and try to stay at 55-58 on back roads.
At 65 mph towing I got 9 MPG including generator use overnight while Walmarting.
At 55 mph I got 11. Adds up to $1000 per year for 8-10k miles per year.
I know many mutants have already figured this out. But this may be news to many!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
We spent about 7 days in South Dakota. It far exceeded my preconceptions! The silver lining to needing new A/C covers and front tires, we got to "see" South Dakota!

Dave and Deb, you arrived on the Rainbow before us, and we value your values!
So glad that we will hook up with you, and others, this winter.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 11:38 PM   #45224

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Well well well evenin Muteys! I'm tired from all the ketchup readin I had to do. So how the heck ya'll been? Long time no speak.

Mel I see how you been doin..... Hope that leg is better and the knee isn't givin you too much pain.

Marty we are back at home base in DFW so there ain't no oceans close by to fall into but I wish there was. We gotta drive 5 1/2 hours South to smell the salt air........unless the wind is blowing out of the South which is usually an indication that His Roundness must be shootin some bull.

It's ball season again so Mammy and Papa had to get home for the first tourney which I'm proud to report that American Freedom Shaw went 8-0 and swept the tourney. This years team is actually quite a bit stronger than last years World Series Championship team with the addition of four new team members that are really good. Seems that opposing teams top players wanna leave there teams and join ours. Our SIL is a great coach and has developed a good reputation for teaching good fundamentals to young players.

Of course our GD played quite well defensively at 2nd base. Her hitting has fallen off because her dad is teaching her how to become a left handed slapper which he insists she tries when at bat ( she bats right handed normally).

ASA National qualifying tourney is this weekend so we will be softball roadies again.

Anyway, hope all is well on the rainbow for everyone. Steve keep postin those pics on FB cause your a natural born photographer.

Di either I missed it or something did Larry's battery get re-charged? Hope he is doing well.

Dwayne hope you and your sweetheart are doing better. Barb and I have you guys on our prayer list along with Mel and Larry. Hope I didn't miss anybody, if I did I'm sorry and healing ohhms go out to all in need.

Wayne, are you and Earlene back home yet? We will be coming South for the Houston tourney sometime this fall and perhaps we can come on down to the island and see you guys. Would love to do a mini with Jeannie and Dave and Bob and Stephanie.

Well my eyes are gettin heavy and I've babbled enough for one post.

#31 on the side

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 10-01-2015, 11:43 PM   #45225

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
An update on Mizzie. Today we took her to the Vets for some oral hygiene work and extractions. The good news was she passed with flying honours and only needed on extraction. So instead of $1500.00 we were presented with a bill change short of $700. so we were happy. She is now home and wandering around and managed a successful evening walk in the dark and had a good time doing sniff-a-bout with Mikkael.

Tomorrow morning we will be loading Gracie and headed to Saanichton (Heritage Acres) to play trains and camp out at the Vancouver Island Model Engineers. That's where Denise and I first met 16 or so years ago. We will be back Sunday evening or Monday early afternoon. Play nice now and we'll chat when we get home.

And if you need one ..................
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hugs.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	108548  
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 11:49 PM   #45226

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
When we got home today after getting Mizzie at the Vets we were surprised to see a bear in our back yard and he was very mean as he was chomping on Vroom's buddy Rocky Raccoon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6663.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	376.8 KB
ID:	108546   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6666.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	267.9 KB
ID:	108547  

(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 12:11 AM   #45227

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Boss said w**k from home tomorrow.

He didn't specify....so will check email periodically.

60 mile each way commute isn't necessary with a company laptop.

Old 10-02-2015, 08:05 AM   #45228

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Wow. It says the tunnels clearences are 10'6". Jeff and I commented we can't clear it with Bonita Bounder or The Beav. This pic was taken through the windshield of CR-V Mutant at the entrance to the second tunnel on the way up from the Fruita side. Did you let air out the tires and grease the sides?
10'6" is above the curb! at the center there is at least 13'6" clearance. I questioned it the first time we went and then walked the center line while my wife drove the coach. We are 12'6". They state the low clearance since a coach managed to do some roof damage by being way over to the curb and sued the Park Service for misleading clearance sign.

Also, large coaches on that road may be a hazard to everyone else if not able to stay on their side of the center line I wouldn't take the coach up there if we didn't have family with property for us to stay on in Glade Park.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:26 AM   #45229

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by xctraveler View Post
10'6" is above the curb! at the center there is at least 13'6" clearance. I questioned it the first time we went and then walked the center line while my wife drove the coach. We are 12'6". They state the low clearance since a coach managed to do some roof damage by being way over to the curb and sued the Park Service for misleading clearance sign.

Also, large coaches on that road may be a hazard to everyone else if not able to stay on their side of the center line I wouldn't take the coach up there if we didn't have family with property for us to stay on in Glade Park.
There are some narrow places along the way and several folks heading the opposite direction took their half of the road out of the middle. Then there were the bicyclists who stop right around the bend. No problem in CR-VMutant but the coach would have been another story. I'm sure once you arrive it's heavenly. It's such a beautiful place and right in the backyard of Junction and Fruita. It's really much more beautiful than the view from below reveals.
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 10:08 AM   #45230

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam60 View Post
Boss said w**k from home tomorrow.

He didn't specify....so will check email periodically.

60 mile each way commute isn't necessary with a company laptop.

If ya have to w**k - that's the way to do it!
Old 10-02-2015, 10:09 AM   #45231

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Possum... have a great getaway! Pics or it didn't happen!!
Old 10-02-2015, 04:07 PM   #45232

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Oh my... where have all the mutants gone? Long time posting...
Old 10-02-2015, 05:29 PM   #45233

Hey all you Crazy Mutants, !!!

Just an update of what's happening here in Colorado,
1st we have been having great fun and fantastic meals with the Potentate and his bride Sweet Annie.
2nd we had to suspend the fun and frivolity on Tues the 29th of September because I found my parking brake pads had disintegrated and were not holding the coach as they are supposed to, not only that there was a fluid leak on both sides of the rear axle.
3rd the parts are ordered and on the way, but waiting for them in a repair lot hooked up to a 20amp extension cord is no fun.
4th there is always some of this no fun stuff when you ride the Rainbow, you take the good with the bad and suck it up and carry on. The bill so far, for just parts and shipping is a mere $2400.00 isn't life Grand.
5th always remember when you have an orphan coach and an orphan chassis there will be bumps in the road, it is what it is and that's just the way it is, deal with it.
6th I can hardly wait to get back to Montrose and take another sightseeing tour

Cheers !!!!
PTJeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 06:00 PM   #45234
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I caught up with Herb today by telephone and he is just as ornery as ever.

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote