Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2015, 08:47 AM   #45263

Hey Marty !!!,

And hello Robbie, yeah I can read it but I'm not quite sure what he's trying to say.

Good Morning to the rest of you !!!

Cheers !!!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2015, 09:10 AM   #45264

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
So
Robbi.e .i0s he0lping me and says hi if ya'll can0 read it... Morning Mutey's.
Morning Marty, Robbie and all mutants and future mutants near and far!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 09:28 AM   #45265
MPH

Mornin' Mutants! I've gotta go back and ketchup, but wanted to say howdy first!

We're looking forward to a visit with Wayne and Earlene this afternoon. Sure wish I was able to get out of the house; we would love to take them to see a couple of things here and out to dinner at The Vine or Café J's, but alas, I am still homebound.

Ok, now for some ketchup .....
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 09:35 AM   #45266
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZCRUDE View Post
Attachment 108646

Bones Malone & his new kitty "Spooky "

Colleen, traveling with Don (KSCrude) & Mr. Malone
"It's fun to stay at the Y.M.C.A.
It's fun to stay at the Y.MC.A.
You can get yourself clean, you can have a good meal
You can do whatever you feel ...."
Old 10-04-2015, 09:38 AM   #45267

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post

We're looking forward to a visit with Wayne and Earlene this afternoon. Sure wish I was able to get out of the house; we would love to take them to see a couple of things here and out to dinner at The Vine or Café J's, but alas, I am still homebound.

Please post a pic.... I sure wish i lived close enuff to come by.....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 09:43 AM   #45268

Quote:
So
Robbi.e .i0s he0lping me and says hi if ya'll can0 read it... Morning Mutey's.

Hi Robbie and Marty!
Good morning.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 09:44 AM   #45269

Quote:

Give hugs all around and know that the Ohms Generator is still crankin
Old 10-04-2015, 09:45 AM   #45270

Oysters? Oh, I am soooo game for that!
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1443973480.768810.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	108731
I feel a few Mutant Meetings gonna happen afore long.
Old 10-04-2015, 10:11 AM   #45271

Hello All,

I just wanted to show you what a front tire blow out does at 65 mph. This was dragged in and put next to us last night. The owner said the accident occurred 5 miles east of Green River, Utah. He said the tires only have 25,000 miles on them but the date code on the drivers side front tire shows an 04 manufacture date. Always keep a check on your tires.

RV safety warning !!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1443975054077.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	108732   Click image for larger version

Name:	1443975067600.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	108733  

Name:	1443975081549.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	108734  
Old 10-04-2015, 10:23 AM   #45272
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by deafdogmom View Post
Hi there, doubt you remember me but I bet you remember our big white deaf great dane! Ok so I found you all here and need to come up with the magic words to be invited in. What do I miss? Floor space! Not much left after the dogs stretch out but I really don 't miss it too much ;o) And yes the journey is the destination for sure.
-Linda (deafdogmom) and Rick
Welcome, Linda and Rick! So, you'd already met some mutants and decided to join anyway? Hmmmmm ... you definitely are mutants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Dave... the place we're staying isn't a GC location. We haven't really looked for one. There are some state parks nearby but my memory says they wouldn't work for those of us full hookup 50 amp required mutants - but some others could find them just right.

Gunnison is just down the road - and Jim and Ginny have the best handle of that. Montrose is a really nice base for day drives and super sites. 60 miles or so to Telluride - same to Gunnison ....

Will give it some thought...
R][/FONT]

Steve, there's always Pagosa Springs and Southwestern Colorado. Kate and I may land there in a few years, since we have a S&B there. If so, I'll scope out the possibilities for a GC there. There is a mom & pop brewery in Pagosa that produces some grand beers. And then there is the hot springs. The San Juan River offers great fishing and yakking (for those of you who love some light rapids) and cool little shops and cafes. And did I mention that it's absolutely beautiful there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Ommmmmssss to those that need them today !!!!
Thanks, Jeff. I believe that would include just about everyone in the Mutant family!

Quote:
OK, Have had my 2 cups of coffee, done my critter care clients, and am now able to think coherently...Good Morning! <edit> ok, maybe not too coherent, needed to make 3 corrections to my post...
Hiya, Marty. Who said coherency was important? You're a Mutant. None of us is ever very coherent. Well, maybe Dave is once in a while, when he has to lead opening ceremony. No, wait ... that's when he's least coherent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Give hugs all around and know that the Ohms Generator is still crankin
It's been running on overdrive lately!

Jeff, you know that Kate & I feel your pain. Wish you didn't have all this trouble and expense. Sending ohmmmmms your way!
Old 10-04-2015, 10:28 AM   #45273
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Please post a pic.... I sure wish i lived close enuff to come by.....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
We sure wish you did, too! Love to see you and Larry any time.
Old 10-04-2015, 10:33 AM   #45274

Quote:
Welcome, Linda and Rick! So, you'd already met some mutants and decided to join anyway? Hmmmmm ... you definitely are mutants.

R][/FONT]

Steve, there's always Pagosa Springs and Southwestern Colorado. Kate and I may land there in a few years, since we have a S&B there. If so, I'll scope out the possibilities for a GC there. There is a mom & pop brewery in Pagosa that produces some grand beers. And then there is the hot springs. The San Juan River offers great fishing and yakking (for those of you who love some light rapids) and cool little shops and cafes. And did I mention that it's absolutely beautiful there?

Thanks, Jeff. I believe that would include just about everyone in the Mutant family!

Hiya, Marty. Who said coherency was important? You're a Mutant. None of us is ever very coherent. Well, maybe Dave is once in a while, when he has to lead opening ceremony. No, wait ... that's when he's least coherent.

It's been running on overdrive lately!

Jeff, you know that Kate & I feel your pain. Wish you didn't have all this trouble and expense. Sending ohmmmmms your way!
Hi Mel !!

Tis but a bump in the Rainbow, thankfully it is also a learning experience. Always check what you can check on your own, but when you take your coaches in for their yearly oil change, it may be a good idea to have your brake pads checked too. I did find that the last time my parking brake was changed was in 2008, it will get more frequent inspections from now on.

Cheers !!!
Old 10-04-2015, 10:44 AM   #45275
MPH

Nap time. Gotta rest up before Wayne and Earlene get here. At least they said we don't have to clean house for them. Whew.

Haven't been sleeping much at all since I've been home (and you know there is no such thing as sleeping in a hospital). So, rather than try to sleep through the night, I just nap whenever it hits me, no matter the time of day or night. Talk about a wonky schedule! But the knee cramps up after an hour or two in a chair or on the bed and I just gotta move it. So, I may be up on the walker at 11:00pm or 3:00am and may be asleep in the recliner at 10am or 4:00pm. I have no semblance of a schedule.

My therapist, David, is great. He's a young kid, but really knows his stuff. And since this is the 4th go-round with ortho surgery and rehab, I'm a bit of a seasoned patient. Ha. At least David is complimentary! Being a stubborn old broad, I want to get from point A to point Z as quickly as possible ... just like Barb, my role model for all things related to total knee replacements.

Bottom line is I'm coming along nicely and have even lost 5 lbs. (45 more to go, but who's counting?!) Many thanks to all of you for the many ohmmmms sent this way.

Hope everyone is well, happy, enjoying the Rainbow, and mutating whenever necessary or just for the heck of it! Looking forward to seeing y'all somewhere on the trail in the not-to-distant-future!

Mel
Old 10-04-2015, 10:56 AM   #45276
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:

Ketchup! Do you want us to bring burgers or donuts, or what is your food pleasure that Kate will not give you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hi Mel !!

Tis but a bump in the Rainbow, thankfully it is also a learning experience. Always check what you can check on your own, but when you take your coaches in for their yearly oil change, it may be a good idea to have your brake pads checked too. I did find that the last time my parking brake was changed was in 2008, it will get more frequent inspections from now on.

Cheers !!!
I sort of live by the book. Every year, or 15,000 miles whichever comes first, I put my coach in the Freightliner shop in Houston, TX. My manual has a list of items that should be checked depending on whether it is an M1, M2, or M3 schedule. Most of the time I bite the bullet and tell them M3 but the technician (only one tech and appointment needed) will only do those items that are necessary unless I specify other wise. I'm pretty sure my next one will require brake pads also. I may even put it in early for those. My last report was good on the brake pads but never know what 5000 miles up-and-down hills will do to them.

On your trip from Oceanside, CA to Kingman, my friend (I do have ONE) had a blowout on the inner driver side dual. It pulled the fuel feed tube off the hinges and buckled the side panel. He was lucky. The fuel feed tube was fixed and the buckled side panel was pushed back in until he can get home and put in an insurance claim.

We are still on the road but will be home on the next Federal Holiday.

Still having jack problems.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote