Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-08-2015, 04:04 PM   #45417
MPH
Senior Member
 
MPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Somewhere on the Rainbow. Fulltiming and lovin' it!
Posts: 2,037
Now for my apology to everyone ....
These pain meds have messed me up, I fear, because in my right mind I would have NEVER posted that picture of my cellulitis-inflamed leg!!! OMG! What the heck did I do??? Sorry for that, everyone. I'm taking less pain medication now and am sort of coming out of a med-induced fog. You won't be seeing any more pics of Mel's knees, believe me!
__________________

__________________
Mel & Kate and Zorro, our dashing, one year old little Havanese dog.
2004 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40 QDP, "Joy", our Rainbow Rider
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2015, 04:24 PM   #45418
RV Mutant #14
 
Wayne M's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 12,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Rare moment alert!
That being me serious!
Hate to here about the fall, glad the damage was minimum.

Ok can't resist, did Earlene get any pics?
It is an indelible picture in her mind. She said, "You should have seen the look on your face!" She wouldn't explain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Ok... To ake you feel better.... Me and my clumsy self..... Except in the middle of the night, i stumbled on my sleep walk into a floor standing cheval mirror, pushing the mirror into one of Larry's famed stained glass doors.... Yep... Broke it.... No cuts, but I am still heartbroken about it..... The after pic............Attachment 109086

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Sure glad it was glass and not steel. (Glass is stronger than steel, right?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Just curious, did you write it down or commit to memory?

Etched in!

Thankfully it was the inanimate object that took the brunt. I am sure Larry is happy with that result. The glass can be another project to do and his beloved is still safe and snug(gly)
What's in an art object anyhow! Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Some of you might have noticed I've been much quieter than normal. I have been keeping up with all the post, the surgerys the recoveries the planning for AZ and all the other post as well. I've been quite cause life is catching up with me. It's saddening to see everyone able to make plans yet we're stuck with a big unknown, unable to make plans for a unknown timeframe. Don't take me wrong we're happy for ya'lls goodfortune but the reality is we just don't know today what our tomorrow will be. Don't want to bring down the rainbow so I'm making this post to warn you. My next post will explane more of what's happening in our life.
Okay, do I need to take back all those bad things the other mutants wanted me to say?

And my serious side says that I hope all is okay or gets better.



Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Oh no, Wayne!!! That makes me cringe in sympathy for you! I can't imagine how painful that must have been. Does this mean you'll get your knee replaced sooner than later? I bet Earlene just about croaked! Did you get the knee checked out yet? Are you ok???

And to think .... you were almost home .... Sigh.

Take good care of yourself and maybe you can get Earlene to wait on you and give you more TLC than usual. I think in this instance, you deserve it!
Sympathy can be found in the dictionary between sh(blah) and syp(blah).

Nope, didn't get it checked out but I have an appointment with my ortho surgeon on the 21st. It can wait. Yep, only 234 more miles to go, but you know what they say. Most accidents happen close to home. Yeah, they were talking about vehicle accidents but what the hey!

TLC - milk, milk, milk, milk, right Larry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Now for my apology to everyone ....
These pain meds have messed me up, I fear, because in my right mind I would have NEVER posted that picture of my cellulitis-inflamed leg!!! OMG! What the heck did I do??? Sorry for that, everyone. I'm taking less pain medication now and am sort of coming out of a med-induced fog. You won't be seeing any more pics of Mel's knees, believe me!
Hey y'all! Saw them gams up close and they don't look anything like the picture. I should have done some telephoto taking.

However, when I had my two ACL ops, and one knee replacement they had me walking out of the hospital. Can you say "Mel, keep milking it." (She is using a walker) Kate, PLZ is shorter than Please, and No is short for Yes.
__________________

__________________
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse)
2015 Winnebago Tour 42QD
RVM14
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 05:06 PM   #45419
MPH
Senior Member
 
MPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Somewhere on the Rainbow. Fulltiming and lovin' it!
Posts: 2,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Ok... To ake you feel better.... Me and my clumsy self..... Except in the middle of the night, i stumbled on my sleep walk into a floor standing cheval mirror, pushing the mirror into one of Larry's famed stained glass doors.... Yep... Broke it.... No cuts, but I am still heartbroken about it..... The after pic............Attachment 109086

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Oh no, Diane! Glad you didn't suffer any outward cuts or hurts. You probably could use some tape around your heart right now, though. Ohmmmmms and more ohmmmmmmms for you and Larry.
__________________
Mel & Kate and Zorro, our dashing, one year old little Havanese dog.
2004 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40 QDP, "Joy", our Rainbow Rider
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 05:24 PM   #45420
Senior Member
 
MartySQ's Avatar


 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 4,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Now for my apology to everyone ....
These pain meds have messed me up, I fear, because in my right mind I would have NEVER posted that picture of my cellulitis-inflamed leg!!! OMG! What the heck did I do??? Sorry for that, everyone. I'm taking less pain medication now and am sort of coming out of a med-induced fog. You won't be seeing any more pics of Mel's knees, believe me!
Didn't bother me... but then, I used to see them on a daily basis... well, not always inflamed by cellulitis, but have seen many things, some worse, no problem here... don't know about the rest....Most probably don't have a medical background....but it was nice to now what to look for should it come up I suppose.
__________________
Martha (AKA RVM45), Bob, and Bess the Border collie
22'Honey Sportscruiser on a 1988 Ford Econoline.
Sometimes towing a powered Parachute or a yellow Jeep Wrangler.
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 05:37 PM   #45421
Senior Member
 
romin roman's Avatar


 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Tim..... I just figured you were hunting..... Remember, we were on a holding pattern since January... Not cleared for takeoff until late November..... Just got a facebook message, Paul and Christine will be in Hot Springs.... More later....



Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!

Tim, I will be optimistic & hope you have some GOOD NEWS to share... Regardless, if we can do anything from Glen Rose, just mention it...

Di, I guess your Branson trip is off for now...

Hope to see you guys somewhere & enjoy some more good times..
__________________

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 95 Minni Winnie 30' & 2012 ERA 24' (AKA Minni & Micro).... Our Chihuahua lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 06:10 PM   #45422
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 18,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Didn't bother me... but then, I used to see them on a daily basis... well, not always inflamed by cellulitis, but have seen many things, some worse, no problem here... don't know about the rest....Most probably don't have a medical background....but it was nice to now what to look for should it come up I suppose.
I'll show you my stump... it's cute... but in person... lol.
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 06:12 PM   #45423
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 18,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Tim, I wondered if I or anyone else here had offended thee a little or a lot. But it seems you are experiencing some life issues that are making things difficult for you right now. Sending ohmmmmmmms and prayers on your behalf. Whatever you're going through, I pray it will pass soon. Kate and I appreciate you. Whatever you're going through, please don't lose yourself, because your self is a great guy!
X2 - Tim, my phone hasn't rang... but then again neither has yours from my number. If you need anything at all.... we're here.
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 07:03 PM   #45424
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador
 
Diwizi's Avatar


 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 3,940
Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post
Tim, I will be optimistic & hope you have some GOOD NEWS to share... Regardless, if we can do anything from Glen Rose, just mention it...



Di, I guess your Branson trip is off for now...



Hope to see you guys somewhere & enjoy some more good times..

Yep.... That was gonna be in September, the week of his surgery... But we will be out soon, just a few more dr appts and babysits



Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
__________________
Diane & Larry, (RVM64) our Westies LitaBit & QTπ
(Diwizi)retired educator,watercolor artist / (Zeelarry)ARMY ret
2016 BerkshireXL 40RB, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 07:39 PM   #45425
RVM#87 / Senior Member
 
DieselTech39's Avatar


 
Solo Rvers Club
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Ham Lake, MN
Posts: 3,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Some of you might have noticed I've been much quieter than normal. I have been keeping up with all the post, the surgerys the recoveries the planning for AZ and all the other post as well. I've been quite cause life is catching up with me. It's saddening to see everyone able to make plans yet we're stuck with a big unknown, unable to make plans for a unknown timeframe. Don't take me wrong we're happy for ya'lls goodfortune but the reality is we just don't know today what our tomorrow will be. Don't want to bring down the rainbow so I'm making this post to warn you. My next post will explane more of what's happening in our life.
Revenuers?? Loggers?? Anything at all to do with a fence or fences?? (Had to ask about the fences for GP #1 did )

In all sincerity, hope everything is or will be OK Mary .... Oh and you too Slim!!
__________________
Have a wonderful day!
Ken (RVM 87)
FT DP Wanna B The journey is the destination!
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 07:50 PM   #45426
Senior Member
 
virginiamtns's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 670
Tim, hoping for the best for you and Mary. Many ohmmms and hugs sent your way.

Moonrover, we are rooting for you.

Mel, you have cute cellulitis.

Elizabeth
__________________
Elizabeth RVM55 and Mary
2014 Thor Ace 30.1
2014 Chevy Equinox V6 LTZ AWD
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 08:23 PM   #45427
Senior Member
 
CampDaven's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fulltime, USA
Posts: 14,649
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
Tim, hoping for the best for you and Mary. Many ohmmms and hugs sent your way.

Moonrover, we are rooting for you.

Mel, you have cute cellulitis.

Elizabeth

X-Many times to all of you!
Hugs and Ohms from Nola and me.
__________________
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 08:32 PM   #45428
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 7,909
Well I wasn't holding off on my next post on purpose to milk all your comments, but they were nice. Son came in and we got busy stretching an electric fence to section off a new pasture.

Now you might have guessed by now what has our life on hold and you would be right the big C!

Yep Camping World! The saddest sight an RVer can have and this picture explains it all!



That's a wrecker and that's my Discovery! I hope it recognizes me when it gets back.

Seriously I ment to make this second post shortly after the first! Sorry.
__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 08:39 PM   #45429
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 7,909
So ya'll know I just walked in from out in the pasture. Once the electric fence up and running we moved the cows over to where there was actually grass to eat. My post of explanation was the first thing I did. What was suppose to be funny now makes me feel bad that I let a bad joke go so long. Got to get in tub now, I feel bugs a crawling!
__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 08:49 PM   #45430
Senior Member
 
Sky_Boss's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: ON THE ROAD...SOMEWHERE
Posts: 6,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
...
Now you might have guessed by now what has our life on hold and you would be right the big C!

Yep Camping World! The saddest sight an RVer can have and this picture explains it all!

...

That's a wrecker and that's my Discovery! I hope it recognizes me when it gets back. ...
MAN! That just plain SUCKS! Makes me sad thinking about it. Makes a bald tire look pretty unimportant. I hope it is something that is easier to fix than the wrecker makes it out to be. Keep us posted.
__________________

__________________
Don, Sandee & GSD Zeus. Guardian GSDs Gunny (7/11/15) & Thor (5/5/15)
2006 DSDP 4320, Spartan MM IFS, 2013 CR-V, Blue Ox Avail, SMI AF1, Samsung 197R Refer.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.