Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-12-2013, 11:15 AM   #4537
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
You don't own a coach if you aren't prepared to spend some. That's for sure. There is definitely a cost to this lifestyle. I can live with that for the benefits.
I just didn't expect all the things it needed because that's not the way I look after my things. Obviously many don't either by not knowing the signs of a need or not wanting to upkeep there rigs which leads to direct neglect.
This is the first private coach I've bought. All others have been from a dealer. Although you pay a bit more for a lot coach, usually, they have been gone through and fixed before a sale. At least that's the way it has worked for me.
I definitely learned what else to look at before a buy!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2013, 11:52 AM   #4538

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
You don't own a coach if you aren't prepared to spend some. That's for sure. There is definitely a cost to this lifestyle. I can live with that for the benefits.
I just didn't expect all the things it needed because that's not the way I look after my things. Obviously many don't either by not knowing the signs of a need or not wanting to upkeep there rigs which leads to direct neglect.
This is the first private coach I've bought. All others have been from a dealer. Although you pay a bit more for a lot coach, usually, they have been gone through and fixed before a sale. At least that's the way it has worked for me.
I definitely learned what else to look at before a buy!
Yup X2 for me, just after we got our coach, I wanted to make a couple of changes and I wanted to get some maintenance done because I didnt have any maintenance records for a couple of things that should be done regularly. And, unfortunately I found some things that werent found in the walk-thru, like the right side windshield seal anyway the trip to the shop cost twice as much as what I was expecting, and so I had to use my creative financing, ie: dipping into my stashed cash, things happen that just make you go hmmmmm, reminds me of when we moved into our last home, it was in March and then that fall, for Christmas I had to buy the house a new well, can we say,, HO-HO-HO Merry Christmas !!! . Anyway in the grand scheme of things its one of those grin and bear it moments that just sneak up to you from time to time.

Cheers !!!

PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 12:23 PM   #4539

Winnebago Owners Club
Mutations in Maintenance;
Rule #1.
Only half the real work needing to be done will actually get done.
Rule #2.
It will cost twice what you expected to pay.

Any more Rules? Than they should be submitted to this thread. I'm sure there's more!

Yep - there's always a price to pay to ride the rainbow! But the blissfully mutated gladly (or sadly) believe that it will always be worth it!
Old 10-12-2013, 12:28 PM   #4540

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon190 View Post
Mutations in Maintenance;
Rule #1.
Only half the real work needing to be done will actually get done.
Rule #2.
It will cost twice what you expected to pay.

Any more Rules? Than they should be submitted to this thread. I'm sure there's more!

Yep - there's always a price to pay to ride the rainbow! But the blissfully mutated gladly (or sadly) believe that it will always be worth it!

Hey Falcon !!!

Riding the rainbow is always worth it, from my perspective it just doesnt get any better than this.

Today we are going to head into Camp Verde to attend their Camp Verde days festival, it should be fun and a great way to spend the day.

The sun is shining the skies are blue, and there are no clouds to get in the way, its perfect.

Cheers !!!
Old 10-12-2013, 12:47 PM   #4541
KAS

Hey fellow mutants, I have a couple of questions.

1. At the curiousity, is a small RV person allowed to put a tent up next to the little RV for more space?

2. Would someone tell me how to get on the yahoo list too?

Off the net only a day or so and way behind reading!
Old 10-12-2013, 12:52 PM   #4542

Winnebago Owners Club
Don't say, "Don't hate me cos it's sunny"! Sounds like an awesome time awaits! I'm assuming there will be a Jeep involved, too! We're gonna spend a week on the Columbia (100 miles east of Vancouver) and yep; a Jeep will definitely be involved!
Happy mutated trails to all!
Old 10-12-2013, 01:00 PM   #4543
KAS

Herb and Barb, wow, that is a lot to have happen so close together. Sudden deaths are always so shocking. We had a family friend, Mike, pass suddenly here too, and my four year old keeps sayin, "my Mike died" and is quite sad. Mike would sit and fish and talk to the little ones. He will be missed.

Be gentle with yourselves during this difficult time.
Old 10-12-2013, 01:30 PM   #4544

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAS View Post
Herb and Barb, wow, that is a lot to have happen so close together. Sudden deaths are always so shocking. We had a family friend, Mike, pass suddenly here too, and my four year old keeps sayin, "my Mike died" and is quite sad. Mike would sit and fish and talk to the little ones. He will be missed.

Be gentle with yourselves during this difficult time.
Hi KAS,

We always keep those that are close as close as we can, and even though we havent had a chance to meet all of you, I like to think that you have also become a part of our extended family, and what affects you will affect each of us in different ways. With that being said, things with my father are still up in the air, his auto accident last Wednesday has left him with a broken sternum and two fractured vertebra's in his neck and now pneumonia has set in as well, he has been moved to ICU and is being kept sedated which doesnt help the pneumonia and of course with a broken sternum he cant cough to get his lungs clear, my mother is holding up ok but its hard on her, but thankfully my sister and brothers and other extended family are keeping us updated. So thanks for listening and understanding. I am sure things will improve in time.
Old 10-12-2013, 01:41 PM   #4545

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
PT I hate that you aren't close enough to be there with your dad. Barb and I have him and your entire family in our prayers.
Old 10-12-2013, 01:45 PM   #4546

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Herb and Barb, wow, that is a lot to have happen so close together. Sudden deaths are always so shocking. We had a family friend, Mike, pass suddenly here too, and my four year old keeps sayin, "my Mike died" and is quite sad. Mike would sit and fish and talk to the little ones. He will be missed. Be gentle with yourselves during this difficult time.
KAS thanks for those kind words. It has been stressful but thanks to all our RVM friends we are doing fine.
Old 10-12-2013, 01:58 PM   #4547
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
KAS and anyone else wanting to join the yahoo email list -- just send me a PM (private message) with your email address, the name you use on irv2 and your RVM number.
okmunky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 05:02 PM   #4548

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
KAS and anyone else wanting to join the yahoo email list -- just send me a PM (private message) with your email address, the name you use on irv2 and your RVM number.
One thing I would like to add , Dear Mutants,

The main reason for having the yahoo site, is a back-up plan to keep everyone informed of what we mutants are up to, it never hurts to have a multiple form of communication just in case one goes down or some other issue comes up that we need an alternative site.

So dont hesitate to give Barb (okmunky) your name and particulars so we can make sure you can stay informed and counted.

Cheers !!!
Old 10-12-2013, 06:37 PM   #4549

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Hey fellow mutants, I have a couple of questions.

1. At the curiousity, is a small RV person allowed to put a tent up next to the little RV for more space?

2. Would someone tell me how to get on the yahoo list too?

Off the net only a day or so and way behind reading!

Hopefully you saw the post to contact Barb, aka OkMonkey. Now the first question I'll answer reading from the rules of Catherine's Landing.

Rule 1 No tents on RV sites. There phone # 501-262-2550 if you want to call about other options.
Old 10-12-2013, 11:18 PM   #4550

Hello to all of you late night Mutants,

It's time to open a couple of beers and sit back and relax, the Camp Verde Days festival was fun, but it is typically a small town affair, but they did have some great carnival food, but sadly no bacon was in the vicinity, but not to fear we have bacon thawed out for breakfast and you can rest assured that it will be wonderfully crispy when its done.

Goodnight and we will stop by tomorrow.

Cheers !!!