Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2015, 07:50 AM   #45515

You should watch the videos on Facebook under disabled veterans off road adventures. Way more videos and pictures

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2015, 09:12 AM   #45516

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
When you come off of the mountain trail heading toward Telluride you come across the Telluride Airport.
This how the "other half" get there!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 09:12 AM   #45517

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
When you come off of the mountain trail heading toward Telluride you come across the Telluride Airport.
This how the "other half" get there!
Hey - where's the pic...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1444489956822.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	109287  
Old 10-10-2015, 09:49 AM   #45518

Beautiful

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 10:00 AM   #45519
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
Gee, thanks Wayne! Maybe you could give Curtis a first hand listening at the next GC he attends like you did for those of us that were at the Hail of a GC!
Ooo! Such a good idea. I'll do that the next time we all get together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
You noticed, I hope, that he never mentioned which side wasn't padded.
The other side has "padding.' Sheesh!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 10:22 AM   #45520

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Today is starting out with Pecan Smoked bacon. Great start don't ya think... scrambled eggs and taters too...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1444494156344.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	109289  
Old 10-10-2015, 10:37 AM   #45521

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
Beautiful
You have some amazing pics yourself!
Old 10-10-2015, 11:53 AM   #45522

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Time to do the laundry. The dirty clothes basket is full. Oh the humanity.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1444499584148.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	109295  
Old 10-10-2015, 12:40 PM   #45523

*** Please note I haven't figured out how to post a new post, therefore I am replying to Steve's until I figure it out! I have been hesitant to post so far, being the new kid on the block, and you all knowing each other so well, but I’ve never been very good at keeping quiet, so here goes!

Our introduction (having passed the strenuous tests and now officially being #126) is simple. We are long time Alaskans (42 years) and have lived in North East Washington State the last 19 years or so. We were both the children of homesteaders, so that sums up our basic personalities.

Rick can repair about anything and is a jack of most trades, from mechanics to moving houses to truck driving. The surgeon finally told him, after repairing the second rotator cuff and bicep repairs, that she couldn’t keep fixing him. So, with his masculine heart slightly offended, he retired this year.

I maintain my CNA license, but work with animals now instead of the elderly and disabled. I am not an Obama fan and snickered at the term ‘community organizer’ but that’s really what I do anymore. I coordinate a mobile spay/neuter clinic for cats of low income residents in our county. This consists of everything from inventory, inventing/designing our brochures and paperwork, to setting up for surgery in Legion halls and community centers and then shaving and scrubbing bellies and testicles all day before spending 2 hours cleaning up and stuffing everything back in the trailer and starting all over again. We have fixed over 11,000 cats in the last ten years by doing this one just Sunday a month. So yes, they are large clinics, with between 100 and 200 cats being fixed by 5 vets and approximately 35 volunteers in one loooong day each time. I live for this. It has become my life.

So this puts a damper on our RV’ing! The fact we have 3 dogs and a cat along merely adds interest to our trips. Our Dane is deaf (genetics, not age) and his medical issues are worsening. He will get stronger pain meds at next week’s vet appointment, so I am aware we are living on borrowed time now. But for now, we are one big happy family.

The RV is an HMC (Hawkins Motor Coach) so obviously it’s older, but when things are paid for, they seem so much nicer! Rick loves that it’s a diesel pusher. I love that it has lots of inside storage space…and that it’s paid for.

We came down from Alaska in a different RV and then got a nice trailer, which wasn’t great with pets, so traded it for the HMC 2 years ago. Now that Rick retired and is about healed from the last shoulder surgery, we are getting out more for short adventures. Because our cat group takes Decembers off, we will have from mid-November till early January to travel and intend to be gone the whole stretch, our longest so far! We want to check out the snowbird situation in Arizona just because it sounds like fun, but also need to spend time in Oklahoma and Colorado with friends and relatives.

Because Rick drove truck in Alaska (including the Haul Road), he isn’t worried about winter driving. I am. I got spoiled by nice weather down here in the lower 48 real quick. I am also concerned with important stuff freezing up, like the sewer and water. Just because I lived several years without indoor plumbing in the past doesn’t mean I want to do it again. So any advice for winter RV’ing would be welcome.

***LINDA**
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
deafdogmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 12:52 PM   #45524

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
^^^ Hi Linda!
Can't help ya on cold weather living - but others may have tips.

Leaving aside the varied thoughts on "organizing" - this is my all time favorite song on the subject.

https://youtu.be/3p4vKd6tNO8

It reminds me of the Woody Guthrie and Rambling Jack Elliot tradition of folk music, early Bob Dylan and finally, her performance of the song at Woodstock. She has a lovely voice methinks and like us all - was so young then.
Old 10-10-2015, 01:31 PM   #45525

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccmh View Post
I am SO a mutant... here....

I hearby declare that the journey IS the destination! (duh), and the thing I don't have that I don't miss is an itinerary. :-)

Curtis
When Di said you wanted to declare your "MUTANT" personality, I began to worry when we didnt hear from you.

I just assume you were studying for your test & maybe a little reluctant to join such a strange bunch.

Anyway, so glad you found your way, passed the tough test & got paid up dues for life.

Hope to find you on the "Rainbow" someday...

Enjoy Safe Travels..

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 2019 Coach House 26' .... Our Chihuahua T.T. lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 01:39 PM   #45526

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post
When Di said you wanted to declare your "MUTANT" personality, I began to worry when we didnt hear from you.

I just assume you were studying for your test & maybe a little reluctant to join such a strange bunch.

Anyway, so glad you found your way, passed the tough test & got paid up dues for life.

Hope to find you on the "Rainbow" someday...

Enjoy Safe Travels..
Someone should put together a preparation class or book for that grueling test. Or better yet, some enterprising soul might take up a national teaching tour and hold seminars on how to become a mutant. That might be totally deductible!
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 01:43 PM   #45527

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
^^^ Hi Linda!
Can't help ya on cold weather living - but others may have tips.

Leaving aside the varied thoughts on "organizing" - this is my all time favorite song on the subject.

https://youtu.be/3p4vKd6tNO8

It reminds me of the Woody Guthrie and Rambling Jack Elliot tradition of folk music, early Bob Dylan and finally, her performance of the song at Woodstock. She has a lovely voice methinks and like us all - was so young then.
I spent a lot of time winterizing myself following the user manual, BUT worried all winter that I might have not done it right, So I take mine to a dealer to winterize now..

I enjoyed reading about your background & your special "calling" to work with animals...

Enjoy your travels...

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 2019 Coach House 26' .... Our Chihuahua T.T. lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
Old 10-10-2015, 01:45 PM   #45528

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
Someone should put together a preparation class or book for that grueling test. Or better yet, some enterprising soul might take up a national teaching tour and hold seminars on how to become a mutant. That might be totally deductible!
FANTASTIC IDEA !!! I am going to get to work on that right away...