Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2015, 07:32 PM   #45543

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Evenin Muteys!
74 posts and finally caught up!Geesh.... Sue you aren't the only one that stays behind. To all you newbys I missed... at least #126 and #127 welcome to our side of the rainbow. I'm am the silent one the lurks in the shadows most of the time. I don't often speak...but when I do it's almost always insightful and with great wisdom( Shut up Wayne) LOL. Hope all is well on the rainbow with all.

Today has been a work on "Jenny" day. She is a dirty girl so tomorrow she gets a bath, her compartments get emptied and re- organized, and scrubbed. And if Barb gets all that done before dinner time I will take her out instead of asking her to cook. Hey I ran the sweeper today and I'm tired!

Anyway I will go back to my corner now cause my bride just glanced over my shoulder and told me to ....... ... .... ..!!!!!

#31 on the side

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2015, 07:50 PM   #45544

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwlaeb View Post
I'm feeling empty!!
And a wee bit overdressed, Gary. How do you manage to keep that shirt white while camping? Oh, NOW I see the problem. I hope that new RV finds you soon.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 08:00 PM   #45545
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Wayne, we really don't need to know where your padding is.
...and I'm not going to tell you either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Evenin Muteys!
74 posts and finally caught up!Geesh.... Sue you aren't the only one that stays behind. To all you newbys I missed... at least #126 and #127 welcome to our side of the rainbow. I'm am the silent one the lurks in the shadows most of the time. I don't often speak...but when I do it's almost always insightful and with great wisdom( Shut up Wayne) LOL. Hope all is well on the rainbow with all.

Today has been a work on "Jenny" day. She is a dirty girl so tomorrow she gets a bath, her compartments get emptied and re- organized, and scrubbed. And if Barb gets all that done before dinner time I will take her out instead of asking her to cook. Hey I ran the sweeper today and I'm tired!

Anyway I will go back to my corner now cause my bride just glanced over my shoulder and told me to ....... ... .... ..!!!!!

#31 on the side

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Don't believe anything Herb says, especially about being insightful and having any wisdom.

Herb, I tried running the electric sweeper today, but try as I may pulling that starter cord - I just could not get it going. Earlene finally told me to get out of the way. She did some magic trick with the cord and the sweeper came to life. Guess I don't have to do that chore anymore.

A hearty welcome to Linda. Linda, when you get the alternative way of communications be sure to ask for my theme song.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 08:12 PM   #45546
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
...and I'm not going to tell you either.

Promises, promises

A hearty welcome to Linda. Linda, when you get the alternative way of communications be sure to ask for my theme song.
[/COLOR]
Uh, Linda, you don't wanna do that.
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 08:22 PM   #45547
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwlaeb View Post
We need to get our fifth wheel or trailer Soon!!
Well, yeah! Just go get it.
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 08:32 PM   #45548

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I did as you when we were seasonal, vacation RVers. Wanted it done right, especially with the washer / dryer.

I think Linda may be trying to get tips on Cold Weather living. The one thing I think is a must is a heated water hose.

Other than that - be ready to go through propane - and possibly get an electric heater of some sort. Etc...
I would add from what I have read is that if the older model's black and gray tanks aren't enclosed and get heated via the heat from the house, you might need a heating pad affixed to the bottoms of those so you can dump them if you are going to be out in the really cold, like anything north of Oklahoma in January....
Old 10-10-2015, 09:04 PM   #45549

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
I don't know about Riverside park. We stayed aT RIVERVIEW PARK LAST YEAR. Very reasonable price, friendly people, not a lot of amenities, but 1/2 the price of Fortuna.
If you feel you need to be in a resort with pools, golf courses, club houses etc the Fortuna may be ok for you.
Riverview park 2300 water St. Yuma. Very near Winter Haven.
Thanks a lot for your reply. When I said a Riverside park, I meant it in a generic sense. The one we were looking at on Google Earth was in fact River's Edge, north of the Colorado and in fact just inside California. I've just found the one you mentioned and will call both to get a price comparison. I do have a hunch though that CA will be more pricey. We plan to spend all of March there and into early April before moving over to Fortuna for the rally.

While I'm on, thanks, Don and Sandy, for coming over to the Centre of the Universe (it says so on the water tower) and the Philo Tavern last Friday. Sue and I always enjoy your company. By the way Don, I forgot to tell you why our plane from Willard was cancelled. It was hammered by a humongous hail storm up at O'Hare and grounded. Some of us know what that's like and I shudder to think what the cost to repair the ERJ would have been.
MartinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 09:12 PM   #45550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Weird question for y'all.

I need a baseplate for my 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

I have a 1410-1 and need 1411-2 from towmaster but I don't want to pay $400.00 for something 20 years old. Like Wayne, I tend to throw nickles around like they be manhole covers.

Anyone know of a unit that's dirt cheap.

this is what I am looking for at present.

Dwayne, before you suggest the DIY mode remember my welding is not know to last until the power is turned off.
Harbor Freight has the hole hitch for 79 bucks I've been using it for 2 years without a problem.

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 09:14 PM   #45551
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
I would add from what I have read is that if the older model's black and gray tanks aren't enclosed and get heated via the heat from the house, you might need a heating pad affixed to the bottoms of those so you can dump them if you are going to be out in the really cold, like anything north of Oklahoma in January....
Marty nailed it.

Most of the newer RV's have an underbelly and the heat (gas heat, not heat pump heat on most models) supplies heat to the plumbing section. Adding supplemental electric heat diminishes the heat going into the plumbing section. So, if supplemental electric heat is used, go buy a drop light and a 100 watt bulb and place it in the water/plumbing compartment. If it get's so cold that the 100 watt bulb, along with the heating from the coach, doesn't keep everything above 32˚, well it's time to head South.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 12:08 AM   #45552

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
Harbor Freight has the hole hitch for 79 bucks I've been using it for 2 years without a problem.
Thanks Dwayne, but I've got the whole setup but it came with the wrong baseplate. I already have a couple of the harbor freight style units at my disposal but I want the little hookups that can be removed when we are not toading.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 09:00 AM   #45553

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post
I spent a lot of time winterizing myself following the user manual, BUT worried all winter that I might have not done it right, So I take mine to a dealer to winterize now..

Enjoy your travels...
The best way to winterize it is to go South. Yes, Richard, there is a South below Arkansas, and NO, as I have explained to Diane, no passport required.
Old 10-11-2015, 09:20 AM   #45554

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeelarry View Post
The best way to winterize it is to go South. Yes, Richard, there is a South below Arkansas, and NO, as I have explained to Diane, no passport required.

Except for those amazing margaritas in Los Algodones!
But the passport is only to get back into the US.
Our goal for weather: never hot nor cold, so I don't feel so old.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 09:52 AM   #45555

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Well, Diane has now done it!!!!!

In her aging years, she has gone HIGH MAINTENANCE on me!!!!!! Oh where, oh where can I go & what can I do??????
Old 10-11-2015, 10:00 AM   #45556

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Except for those amazing margaritas in Los Algodones!
There is a price to attend margaritaville?
Quote:
But the passport is only to get back into the US.
ver kiddin' right?
Quote:
Our goal for weather: never hot nor cold, so I don't feel so old.
You taught your mantra well ol' fearless leader.

Growing Old is mandatory but Up is optional.

I'm still searching Mexican RV places that feature great Scotch.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote