Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2015, 04:09 PM   #45893
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Mel... does my heart good to hear you making plans and moving forward. Now remember - just because winter is coming - and Bow will be winterized doesn't mean you let em sit lonely. Exercise the generator monthly. Take Bow for a drive to keep em lubed and nimble. Give em love... and he'll be ready when you are.

You're plans sound wonderful and so much better than woe is me... barff... etc.

We continue to send you, Kate and Bow many Omms for healing and a smooth transition. We miss you two and if at all possible will see you in Az!

One day, one step at a time.
Annie says hi!
Hey, Annie! We look forward to seeing y'all in AZ!

Yes, Steve, we're moving forward. As you probably well remember, sometimes the preparations can seem overwhelming. (Especially when you're trying to squeeze in two total knee replacement surgeries and sell a house before launch.) But, we're so excited! Bow is at Jeff's shop getting her new OTA digital antenna installed and a few other fixes and upgrades. We're shopping on Craig's List for a couple of used bicycles. Will buy a ladder mount bike rack and carry bicycles on Bow's ladder. (New knees need a lot of motion and bike riding is the best.)

After winterization, we'll be sure to run Bow down the highway for 15 or 20 minutes a couple of times every month and run the genny, too. Hopefully, this will be the last time we'll ever have to winterize Bow.

I see the surgeon again on Thursday. Should get surgery date for 2nd tkr. May have to postpone it until after Dec. 22. due to FMLA days. That is not ideal. Need to have it sooner so I can be totally recovered and rehabbed before the end of February.

But, I emphasize ... We're excited!!!
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2015, 04:53 PM   #45894

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I remember all to well. Was going to post a pic of ours but my supporter status hasn't reset yet. Still can't post a picture or send a PM. :(
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 05:29 PM   #45895

Vintage RV Owners Club
Maybe the tecs don't w**k on weekends...
Old 10-18-2015, 05:38 PM   #45896

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Hey, Annie! We look forward to seeing y'all in AZ!

Yes, Steve, we're moving forward. As you probably well remember, sometimes the preparations can seem overwhelming. (Especially when you're trying to squeeze in two total knee replacement surgeries and sell a house before launch.) But, we're so excited! Bow is at Jeff's shop getting her new OTA digital antenna installed and a few other fixes and upgrades. We're shopping on Craig's List for a couple of used bicycles. Will buy a ladder mount bike rack and carry bicycles on Bow's ladder. (New knees need a lot of motion and bike riding is the best.)

After winterization, we'll be sure to run Bow down the highway for 15 or 20 minutes a couple of times every month and run the genny, too. Hopefully, this will be the last time we'll ever have to winterize Bow.

I see the surgeon again on Thursday. Should get surgery date for 2nd tkr. May have to postpone it until after Dec. 22. due to FMLA days. That is not ideal. Need to have it sooner so I can be totally recovered and rehabbed before the end of February.

But, I emphasize ... We're excited!!!

Hey. I have 2 bikes i will sell cheap. Like for a meal and hugs. Got them rode a few tines. And they sit in basement. Now to figure how to get them to you. Have a bike mount also.

On way home in PORSH. He is hunking. Over night near Burgersnham. Home tomorrow to leave wed or thursday for babysit wkend. Taking Porsh. Will stay at new rv spot at sons new place.

Diane toftSFM #64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 05:38 PM   #45897

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Maybe the tecs don't w**k on weekends...
It takes 3 to 5 to more days... it's killin' me... lol. No pics makes me look lazy... lol.

Did you go for the walk or Bess. Or both...
Old 10-18-2015, 05:40 PM   #45898

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Its grape arbour trimming time and I so busy I don't know whether or not to0 walk to the work or bring a lunch?
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 05:44 PM   #45899

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
I remember all to well. Was going to post a pic of ours but my supporter status hasn't reset yet. Still can't post a picture or send a PM. :(
Steve, you don't have to be a supporter to post pics and send PM's. I use photobucket for pics. I'm able to send pm's.

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 05:54 PM   #45900

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by geocacher View Post
Steve, you don't have to be a supporter to post pics and send PM's. I use photobucket for pics. I'm able to send pm's.
Hey Deb! Well I sort of exceeded the limit for a non supporter... both for pic memory and number of PMs in my boxes... I might be able to pull off the photo bucket trick but would need to move too much around. And I want to keep at least some of the PMs so I don't want to toss them.

How's the weather up there?
Old 10-18-2015, 06:26 PM   #45901

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Hey Deb!...
How's the weather up there?
Cool. It's been in the 60-70's during the day and down to the 40's at night. We've only had the wood stove going on one night. So far the little toya stove is keeping it at the right temp. DH has been out several time looking for the moose since the fires got out. He has seen 3 so far but no shots. At least he's found the right area.

Tomorrow we leave for our last campout this year. It will be sad to winterize our baby. But look forward to some great trips next year. Just don't know where that will be yet. LOL.

edited to add: Post #500 and 4 fires!

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 06:50 PM   #45902

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by geocacher View Post
Cool. It's been in the 60-70's during the day and down to the 40's at night. We've only had the wood stove going on one night. So far the little toya stove is keeping it at the right temp. DH has been out several time looking for the moose since the fires got out. He has seen 3 so far but no shots. At least he's found the right area.

Tomorrow we leave for our last campout this year. It will be sad to winterize our baby. But look forward to some great trips next year. Just don't know where that will be yet. LOL.

edited to add: Post #500 and 4 fires!
Well... was hoping the moose was in the bag.

As for journeys next year, so many options. It's tough. I guess I need to get the show on the road myself. Maritimes with mini and midis needs to get rolling... just need to put the Las Vegas doctor behind me. That will signal open calendar.

I am rethinking wintering in Florida next year. I would really like to see more of fall in Colorado. That would put AZ back on the winter list. Hopefully we'll enjoy it this year.

Have fun on the seasonal end journey!
Old 10-18-2015, 07:29 PM   #45903

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Home tomorrow to leave wed or thursday for babysit wkend. Taking Porsh. Will stay at new rv spot at sons new place.

Diane toftSFM #64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Di, I told my DD and SIL to consider my RV as the mother-in-law suite. It makes them happier to have me in their backyard all summer.

I bet your grands can't wait to check out Porsh.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 07:34 PM   #45904

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Well... was hoping the moose was in the bag.

As for journeys next year, so many options. It's tough. I guess I need to get the show on the road myself. Maritimes with mini and midis needs to get rolling... just need to put the Las Vegas doctor behind me. That will signal open calendar.

I am rethinking wintering in Florida next year. I would really like to see more of fall in Colorado. That would put AZ back on the winter list. Hopefully we'll enjoy it this year.

Have fun on the seasonal end journey!
With Annie's allergies, Florida might be a more challenging winter destination. Everything grows down there all winter, especially mildew.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 07:47 PM   #45905

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
With Annie's allergies, Florida might be a more challenging winter destination. Everything grows down there all winter, especially mildew.
Sounds delightful!
We're hoping we have become immune this year.

Truth is - Yuma will be in bloom too. Hard to escape allergies without snow or cold. Just going to have to take it as it comes.
Old 10-18-2015, 08:31 PM   #45906

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Di, I told my DD and SIL to consider my RV as the mother-in-law suite. It makes them happier to have me in their backyard all summer.

I bet your grands can't wait to check out Porsh.

Yep. Gonna have a sleep over. Will watch the disney Inside Out on the surround soundvtv or outside tv. Byw. Larry is loving his new Porsh.
Night all.

Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote