Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-22-2015, 08:20 AM   #46075
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador
 
Diwizi's Avatar


 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 3,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Well as you can see.... Steve and Mary Ann and Annie and I will be at Bonita Vista in Jan. I don't know what their facilities are like - but do know they don't have picnic tables. We can work around that and I will ask about a Pavillion tomorrow...

A.d it does matter which is why I was prodding his hermitness mutant Poobah... to lock a place in.

There are sooooo many places to choose from. If you and Barb come up with something put it out there and see what happens... I'm leaning toward Yuma in Feb as I would like to see the dentist in Algadones. Not sure how long that will take, but wr have no problem leaving a monthly for a week long GC qnd returning provided it's not too far.

We're doing our best to pull something together that will work for folks scattered around the state - which is surprisingly small when you take it 100 miles at a time... it's barely any fuel - and no time at all really.

So now the balls in your court with Barb and Daves court with me... lol. Of course it matters Di... we all want to lay our eyes upon Porsche and oooh and awhhh.

Barb mentioned Picacio Peak State Park.... I have no problem with Yuma....
But leaving shortly to go babysit... Wont be back until Monday.... So dont be surprised if i am silent.....





Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
__________________

__________________
Diane & Larry, (RVM64) our Westies LitaBit & QTπ
(Diwizi)retired educator,watercolor artist / (Zeelarry)ARMY ret
2016 BerkshireXL 40RB, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Diwizi is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2015, 08:35 AM   #46076
RV Mutant #14
 
Wayne M's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 11,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Denise was a Shuck before she became a Dalla-Vicenza, does that help?
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Perhaps...
Nice talking to you about Wayne. I mean, about AZ...
I received 124 thank yous for the rest you gave everyone by talking about me.

Shuck you Dennis, didn't she? This many years later she's probably saying aw shucks!
__________________

__________________
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse)
2008 Winnebago Destination 39W
RVM14
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 09:50 AM   #46077
Senior Member
 
romin roman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Steve,. I just plotted out your route and an old saying came to mind. Something about a drunk prospector on a blind mule.
LOVE THIS !!!

AKA: Syncopation: Wandering movement from Bar to Bar !! (Musical)

Anyway, we are not able to plan this far ahead, but we intend to show up somewhere, sometime & want to spend more that a couple nights...

Thanks for the info & we will look forward to the MONSTER, GRAND - C schedule...
__________________

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 95 Minni Winnie 30' & 2012 ERA 24' (AKA Minni & Micro).... Our Chihuahua lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 10:35 AM   #46078
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89
 
MPH's Avatar


 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Somewhere on the Rainbow. Fulltiming and lovin' it!
Posts: 1,931
Richard, love your title for a musical! (Very Mutant. :-)

For those of you coming to DHRSP in April, the weather should be perfect. Average high/low temp there for April: 77/44. Since we'll be there in the earlier part of the month, it should be on the cooler side.

Di, hope you have lots of fun making more memories with your precious grands. Larry, hope you are feeling good and figuring out all the bells and whistles on Porsh. (Looking forward to a tour of your new condo on wheels!)

Steve & Annie, we know you two are having as blast, enjoying every new adventure and every new place, and meeting lots of folks on the road...maybe even potential mutants.

Dave & Nola ... Ditto! Love your Lost Dutchman pics. If we get outta Texas by mid March, we may try to spend a few days there be for going to Dead Horse Ranch.

Miss reading Tim's funny posts. Tim, if you're lurking, please come back and raise the laugh meter. And where are Sue and Martin? And Ken? Les?

Hope everyone is enjoying fall weather where ever you are!
__________________
Mel & Kate
2004 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40 QDP, "Joy", our Rainbow Rider
[IBe yourself. Everyone else is already taken.[/I]
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 10:50 AM   #46079
Senior Member
 
Dwayne & Shara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: on the rainbow
Posts: 1,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
No insurance? What year was your rig? If they total it, buy it back and do the repairs.
Oh it's all taken care of. We have full coverage.





Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I mentioned the FMCA 4 Wheelers were here in St. George. I just sat at the picnic table (lazy day) and watched em stage... this is just a smattering - and we only got "phone pics"... still, ya get the idea.
__________________
Time is life! money is just a tool. how much of your life is a tool worth?

RVM48
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 10:51 AM   #46080
Senior Member
 
Dwayne & Shara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: on the rainbow
Posts: 1,328
Steve them are some nice rigs
__________________
Time is life! money is just a tool. how much of your life is a tool worth?

RVM48
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 10:57 AM   #46081
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post
LOVE THIS !!!

AKA: Syncopation: Wandering movement from Bar to Bar !! (Musical)

Anyway, we are not able to plan this far ahead, but we intend to show up somewhere, sometime & want to spend more that a couple nights...

Thanks for the info & we will look forward to the MONSTER, GRAND - C schedule...
Morning Cuz... I say Cuz cause ya know my momma was from Van Buren, so we must be cousins lol.

Like I told Possum on the phone last night, our rambling around is partly due to people, places and things we are going to see and do.

I have the skin cancer appointment in Vegas on Nov 5th - and he may want a follow up 2 weeks later as he did previously. And we want to be at Colleens birthday party on the 20th. Oasis is the closest park to the party but it's pretty expensive. Try $757.12 for 2 weeks (there website pricing is off by a multiple of 2).

By splittling the area beteeen Pahrump for 2 weeks and Oasis the followinf 2, we save some money and see some new things. Then we wander like drunken Nomads or Mutants... around AZ beginning with Bullhead City for a quick look see for future reference. We want to spend more time there but need to get to Wickenburg to see our new friends Fran and Bob, and then a short journey to Peoria to see my cousin. Since we want to mini with Steve and Mary Ann who won't be in Apach Junction until Jan, we needed a place to spend Dec and Eloy won out. It's only 60 miles between them and an easy move! That takes us into the 1st week in Feb and trying to work out a GC then - somewhere.

We're really looking forward to AZ this winter and hope to see many mutants there. I know Jeff and Marcia will be in Apache Junction just down the road from us so there will easily be Mini Cs with Papaw, us and the PTJeeps, and if Possum makes his trek - he and Denise will be in Casa Grande while we are in Apache Junction. So that creates many mini C possibilities. And if not mistaken - the Poobah may be nearby in Jan as well...

I personally don't like the idea of Picacho for a curiosity. Unless I missed it, the sites are electric only. It makes it difficult to keep pots and plans clean etc and it becomes more of a drudgery than it usually is (Annie would hate it lol.) It's just not our style anymore. At least at Dead Horse we will have water and electric

OK well - time to shower and head off to Zions or wherever we end up... it's looking like a beautiful day for a day trip!
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 12:23 PM   #46082
RVM1
 
CampDaven's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fulltime, USA
Posts: 12,864
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I mentioned the FMCA 4 Wheelers were here in St. George. I just sat at the picnic table (lazy day) and watched em stage... this is just a smattering - and we only got "phone pics"... still, ya get the idea.

Thanks for that.
Now for you, Jeff, Dwayne and all Jeepsters out there....saw this one is Apache Junction.
1968 Willys Jeep, saddled and ready. Ain't it purdy?
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1445534584.832939.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	110148
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1445534598.892675.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	110149
__________________
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 12:24 PM   #46083
Senior Member
 
Papawto5's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 898
AZ Midi-C

I sent out a request for information to the Arizona State Fairgrounds in Phoenix and the Pima County Fairgrounds in Tucson. I gave them our requirements: water/electric at each site (at least 30 amp), at least a sewer dump nearby, picnic tables, covered shelter would be nice, etc.

Waiting for their response. Will share via PM with RVM1 & 2 if I get a response.
__________________
2011 Coachmen SportsCoach
Living Our Dream One Mile at a Time
Steve & Mary Ann (RVM5 & 5A)
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 12:28 PM   #46084
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador
 
Diwizi's Avatar


 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 3,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Morning Cuz... I say Cuz cause ya know my momma was from Van Buren, so we must be cousins lol.

Like I told Possum on the phone last night, our rambling around is partly due to people, places and things we are going to see and do.

I have the skin cancer appointment in Vegas on Nov 5th - and he may want a follow up 2 weeks later as he did previously. And we want to be at Colleens birthday party on the 20th. Oasis is the closest park to the party but it's pretty expensive. Try $757.12 for 2 weeks (there website pricing is off by a multiple of 2).

By splittling the area beteeen Pahrump for 2 weeks and Oasis the followinf 2, we save some money and see some new things. Then we wander like drunken Nomads or Mutants... around AZ beginning with Bullhead City for a quick look see for future reference. We want to spend more time there but need to get to Wickenburg to see our new friends Fran and Bob, and then a short journey to Peoria to see my cousin. Since we want to mini with Steve and Mary Ann who won't be in Apach Junction until Jan, we needed a place to spend Dec and Eloy won out. It's only 60 miles between them and an easy move! That takes us into the 1st week in Feb and trying to work out a GC then - somewhere.

We're really looking forward to AZ this winter and hope to see many mutants there. I know Jeff and Marcia will be in Apache Junction just down the road from us so there will easily be Mini Cs with Papaw, us and the PTJeeps, and if Possum makes his trek - he and Denise will be in Casa Grande while we are in Apache Junction. So that creates many mini C possibilities. And if not mistaken - the Poobah may be nearby in Jan as well...

I personally don't like the idea of Picacho for a curiosity. Unless I missed it, the sites are electric only. It makes it difficult to keep pots and plans clean etc and it becomes more of a drudgery than it usually is (Annie would hate it lol.) It's just not our style anymore. At least at Dead Horse we will have water and electric

OK well - time to shower and head off to Zions or wherever we end up... it's looking like a beautiful day for a day trip!

Yep i saw the no water. Not good. I agree. Barb was looking at state parks.


Diane toftSFM #64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
__________________
Diane & Larry, (RVM64) our Westies LitaBit & QTπ
(Diwizi)retired educator,watercolor artist / (Zeelarry)ARMY ret
2016 BerkshireXL 40RB, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Diwizi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 01:12 PM   #46085
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
I sent out a request for information to the Arizona State Fairgrounds in Phoenix and the Pima County Fairgrounds in Tucson. I gave them our requirements: water/electric at each site (at least 30 amp), at least a sewer dump nearby, picnic tables, covered shelter would be nice, etc.

Waiting for their response. Will share via PM with RVM1 & 2 if I get a response.
Thanks Steve! I just got some bad news.... there is no room for Bonita Bounder in Bonita Vista 1/9 - 2/8 so we are looking for a other spot nearby.... oh well. Will find something.
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 02:09 PM   #46086
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,637
Uh... oh... stopped for lunch before heading toward Zions... may not make it... going to linger... nice little shopping area. And sushi... potstickers and crab puffs. This could take a while...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1445540932247.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	110156   Click image for larger version

Name:	1445540944855.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	110157  

Click image for larger version

Name:	1445540954943.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	110158   Click image for larger version

Name:	1445540968373.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	110159  

Click image for larger version

Name:	1445540979715.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	110160   Click image for larger version

Name:	1445540989619.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	110161  

__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 02:15 PM   #46087
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 6,440
Interesting thing just happened. We are traveling to AL in the Taho and drive up behind a Discovery just like ours, same year, same model, same paint job!

It was pulling a Jeep!

I told Mary to slow down when she passes them, I wanted to look in and see if it was us.

If it was us man have I aged!

Must be a omen, Jeep was black and looked nice back there.

Ok now back to the great AZ adventure!
__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 02:19 PM   #46088
Senior Member
 
romin roman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 646
@ Steve... Hi CUZ... I think I remember your mama... Sweet Lady !!!

@ MPG... Syncopation: Wandering movement from Bar to Bar !! --- This is a definition for Syncopation... Just like that drunken mule..

I have still been watching for MoonRover to check in...

Continued Ohhmmmsss for all in need...
__________________

__________________

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 95 Minni Winnie 30' & 2012 ERA 24' (AKA Minni & Micro).... Our Chihuahua lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 8 (3 members and 5 guests)
bokobird, flaggship1, Suspinz
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.