Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-27-2015, 07:19 PM   #46285

Hey Mutants !!

Marcia and I just got back from a Route 66 drive, Bullhead City to Hackberry, Valentine, Truxton, Peach Springs, Seligman and back. The rusting relics keep rusting away
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1445991547433.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	110529   Click image for larger version

Name:	1445991570027.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	110530  

Click image for larger version

Name:	1445991584734.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	110531  

PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-27-2015, 07:23 PM   #46286
RVM99

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
I'm sure each of us have things they've tried with little success, I know I have many, but this past weekend I accomplished something that I have attempted on several occasions.

This past weekend I picked up a Rubics cube and completed it for the first time!

Not a major event but I feel good about it!
Keep practicing Tim! Maybe you can get this good:

Magic with Rubik's Cube

bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 07:45 PM   #46287

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
Keep practicing Tim! Maybe you can get this good:

Magic with Rubik's Cube
I love that show!
Old 10-27-2015, 10:23 PM   #46288

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
We had some serious rain in the region a couple of weeks ago. Just a heads up to those planning a trip deeper into Death Valley.

Copied and pasted.....

A series of unusual storms in October caused large amounts of damage throughout Death Valley National Park. Flash floods destroyed significant portions of multiple roads and heavily damaged several historic structures at Scotty's Castle and deposited debris in Devils Hole.

Go here https://www.facebook.com/DeathValleyNP/ for more details.
Old 10-27-2015, 10:24 PM   #46289

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA Cletus View Post
Just in case some mutant readers don't actually follow TOT

I was trying to follow along on the thread from my phone today, and I sure couldn't tell who Cletus was, no signature lines on the app... was sort of left to my imagination... Ya'll sure talk a lot!
Honey is still in the shop for getting her hoses changed... wonder what's taking so long, Bob is going to call them tomorrow... I want to take her to Manhattan (Flint Hills Bison Preserve) Friday- Sunday for jam n jelly time.... but we shall see...
MartySQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 10:29 PM   #46290

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
I was trying to follow along on the thread from my phone today, and I sure couldn't tell who Cletus was, no signature lines on the app... was sort of left to my imagination... Ya'll sure talk a lot!
Honey is still in the shop for getting her hoses changed... wonder what's taking so long, Bob is going to call them tomorrow... I want to take her to Manhattan (Flint Hills Bison Preserve) Friday- Sunday for jam n jelly time.... but we shall see...
Ummm... FHBS jams and jellies... yummm.
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 10:41 PM   #46291

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Hey, never had it and am really interested what Bison jam tastes like?

Steve the percentage chance of a midi has gone up to over the 50% chance of it happening. I have to call our good buddy Dwayne but it is really starting to look positive now.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 10:48 PM   #46292

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA Cletus View Post
Hey, never had it and am really interested what Bison jam tastes like?

Steve the percentage chance of a midi has gone up to over the 50% chance of it happening. I have to call our good buddy Dwayne but it is really starting to look positive now.
Sweet. Will give a call tomorrow...
Old 10-27-2015, 10:48 PM   #46293

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam60 View Post
We had some serious rain in the region a couple of weeks ago. Just a heads up to those planning a trip deeper into Death Valley.

Copied and pasted.....

A series of unusual storms in October caused large amounts of damage throughout Death Valley National Park. Flash floods destroyed significant portions of multiple roads and heavily damaged several historic structures at Scotty's Castle and deposited debris in Devils Hole.

Go here https://www.facebook.com/DeathValleyNP/ for more details.
Thanks Mike. Will take a look. Hope to see ya here or in Vegas.
Old 10-27-2015, 10:56 PM   #46294
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Our launch plans for our winter travels is moving along on time. Last minute meetings with friends and family and most packing complete.

Had another Mini-C breakfast with Sue and Martin at our favorite Original Pancake House but forgot the videographer. LOL Sandee is at the laundromat with the "big stuff" and I have her bicycle carrier set up to bring her bike along with us too.

Tonight we take Zeus to the trainer to see if he can pass his Good Canine Citizen test. I'm not super confident because he pulls too much and I can't seem to find a way to control the inner sled dog in him. LOL But...he is a lovable guy so we will keep him if he doesn't pass this round. There is always next year.

Tomorrow I take my former secretary out to lunch and show some of my co-w**kers what retirement can look like. That evening we have dinner with her family and share bunches of hugs and well wishes. That is probably the hardest part of jumping back onto the rainbow.

Thursday morning forecast is clear to partly cloudy, lower 40s and breezy winds out of the west at 18-20 MPH. Launch time is about 9 am for the longest leg of our south bound trip to Lakeland, FL at 330 miles.

Time to get really excited.
Don,

I know well that sled dog pulling. Lily is only 8# and can almost pull me off balance. I can't imagine how hard Zeus must pull. The good news is a foster dog mom showed me a trick that really works -- attach the leash to the collar then lay it down along the spine. Next loop the leash around the waist so when they pull the leash tightens around the belly first.

It really works with Lily. I'm betting it might even work better on a boy dog. Little dogs are prone to collapsed tracheas so I bought Lily a harness that lets her pull even harder. The looped leash will cause her to walk a little sideways when she is excited, but her throat is safe.
okmunky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 10:59 PM   #46295

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Don,

I know well that sled dog pulling. Lily is only 8# and can almost pull me off balance. I can't imagine how hard Zeus must pull. The good news is a foster dog mom showed me a trick that really works -- attach the leash to the collar then lay it down along the spine. Next loop the leash around the waist so when they pull the leash tightens around the belly first.

It really works with Lily. I'm betting it might even work better on a boy dog. Little dogs are prone to collapsed tracheas so I bought Lily a harness that lets her pull even harder. The looped leash will cause her to walk a little sideways when she is excited, but her throat is safe.
Are you about to hit the road? Been watching for a email... the Journey with Barb, Sena and Lilly.
Old 10-27-2015, 11:02 PM   #46296
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
I'm learning some of the great benefits of essential oils. Peppermint, wintergreen and lavender oils, in particular. Been using them daily for a week or so and can already tell a difference in pain level! Using pain medication much less frequently now.

Glad you're doing ok. Had a wrist fracture once, so know some of what you're going through.

And even though Larry may not do dishes for you, I know he does a hundred-and-one other things for you! Hope he's doing well, too.
Okay, let's do a test. Take some toilet paper and for 1 week rub the affected area (Knee please) and I will wager that you will be able to tell a difference in the pain level. It will be improved. If you do it for another week, it will be improved.You can pay me later for the tip.

Oh, by the way, if you do nothing, except PT for 1 week, the pain will be improved.

I rest my case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Marty, it was evident. If you know a Possum you know a Cletus or vice versa.

By the way Dennis, you ever going to tell who started calling you Cletus?
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 11:08 PM   #46297

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Marty, it was evident. If you know a Possum you know a Cletus or vice versa.

By the way Dennis, you ever going to tell who started calling you Cletus?
Sure. My good friend that my other good friend happens to be married to.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 11:14 PM   #46298
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Are you about to hit the road? Been watching for a email... the Journey with Barb, Sena and Lilly.
Procrastination rules the day, uh week, well actually the month. I made good progress today so it should be soon.

okmunky is online now   Reply With Quote