Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-03-2015, 09:49 PM   #46579

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTech39 View Post
Get Ack to give you a few lessons and ya'll be soundin' just like the local aborigines in the maritimes!!

No RAINBOW rider yet. Been layin' low nursin' my retina surgery. Patience is the word for recovery.
Well get well, you've got till next summer! If I need to I can throw in my old backpacking tent!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-03-2015, 10:00 PM   #46580

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Short story:

We thought we were picking up our Bella today, so drove up yesterday planning to overnight. Slides seem okay, slide toppers good, hail-damaged basement doors replaced. A piece has been broken off an interior pillar and left lie there, we have no keys for the replaced doors, and for a capper, here's the paint job: Attachment 111117Attachment 111118Attachment 111119

I can't imagine signing off on such a botched job. These are supposed to be gently progressive color changes. Martin thinks the grey looks like the edge of a shadow and the red like a skin disease. 😡
Oh my! Think I just had a panic attack! Sue you do know The Discovery is suffering from the big C, yep Camping world. RV hospice calls sometimes twice a week to give me updates. I'm afraid of just how good my paint job might be.

Have I ever mentioned how much I love RVing?
Old 11-03-2015, 10:04 PM   #46581

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Well get well, you've got till next summer! If I need to I can throw in my old backpacking tent!
Oh the humanity... lol.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 10:08 PM   #46582

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Short story:

We thought we were picking up our Bella today, so drove up yesterday planning to overnight. Slides seem okay, slide toppers good, hail-damaged basement doors replaced. A piece has been broken off an interior pillar and left lie there, we have no keys for the replaced doors, and for a capper, here's the paint job: Attachment 111117Attachment 111118Attachment 111119

I can't imagine signing off on such a botched job. These are supposed to be gently progressive color changes. Martin thinks the grey looks like the edge of a shadow and the red like a skin disease. 😡

I do know this is nothing like Bow or Citrus' problems, but we're still disappointed. I was looking forward to getting organized for leaving. 😕

Sigh. We drove home in the Jeep.

On the bright side, we met a coupla Canucks who might pop in over here lookin for a little craziness. We had a good ol' natter by the rigs and over breakfast too. (Food always seems to figure!) Keep an eye out for new lurkers. 👀 We gave em the membership requirements and they seemed up to the challenge. 😎
Oh my... looks like the police arrived before the taggers could finish their work.

So, oh my. Did they have a straight face?

Ommms for Bella...
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 10:10 PM   #46583

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Oh my! Think I just had a panic attack! Sue you do know The Discovery is suffering from the big C, yep Camping world. RV hospice calls sometimes twice a week to give me updates. I'm afraid of just how good my paint job might be.

Have I ever mentioned how much I love RVing?

Nonono! That C??? At least you get updates!

Xxxxx fingers for you!
Old 11-03-2015, 10:19 PM   #46584

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Oh my... looks like the police arrived before the taggers could finish their work.

So, oh my. Did they have a straight face?

Ommms for Bella...

Straight as <--------------->

Now I see, looking at the pics, that the new doors have a different style handle from the originals. Sigh.

Tim, I'm with you.

Think I'll go to bed. 🙄
Old 11-03-2015, 11:27 PM   #46585

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
We do plan on Casa Grande AZ for Feb. 12-14 for the Wuertz Farm Gourd Festival. It's actually a statewide event and fantastic. Google wuertzfarm.com for info. It's held at the Pinal County Fairground. Camping is water & low voltage power; dump station...but it's cheap! Cheers!
We'll be about 11 blocks away at that time. Up for a mini?
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 12:30 AM   #46586

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Was sent this today via Facebook. Thought most here would enjoy.

Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 04:21 AM   #46587

American Coach Owners Club
R U an RV Mutant

Received a life changing email last Friday..

Most of you know we cant wait to join the rainbow full time, Jackie wants to leave now.

The plan is to work another two years, pay off some debit, build up savings etc. To downsize sell S&B this spring and put away a nest egg for exit plan, as Steve says make the plan and work the plan...

Back to the email... received an offer for early retirement. Of course Jackie imediately said take it, while I put pencil to paper trying to see how it might play out. The offer is too good not to take their money and do something, so currently waiting to see if I am in the first 200 and get accepted.

While doing what I do for w**k yestetday walked into a job opening that I think I could snag... hmm this might all work out and put us money ahead. Jackie is a little sad but I think having enough $$$$ to enjoy the rainbow is important.

Haven't slept well this week... a few fingers crossed and ohms if you will might help.
rezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 05:05 AM   #46588

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezman View Post

Most of you know we cant wait to join the rainbow full time, Jackie wants to leave now.

The plan is to work another two years, pay off some debit, build up savings etc. To downsize sell S&B this spring and put away a nest egg for exit plan, as Steve says make the plan and work the plan...

Back to the email... received an offer for early retirement. Of course Jackie imediately said take it, while I put pencil to paper trying to see how it might play out. The offer is too good not to take their money and do something, so currently waiting to see if I am in the first 200 and get accepted.

While doing what I do for w**k yestetday walked into a job opening that I think I could snag... hmm this might all work out and put us money ahead. Jackie is a little sad but I think having enough $$$$ to enjoy the rainbow is important.

Haven't slept well this week... a few fingers crossed and ohms if you will might help.
Sounds quite interesting Ed, hope things work out positively for you two!
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 06:12 AM   #46589

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA Cletus View Post
We'll be about 11 blocks away at that time. Up for a mini?

Aha! I was hoping for the stars to align! Food has to figure: Turkey leg and an elephant ear at the gourd festival? Something more ...ahem... civilized? Both?

Yay! I'm ready for some curiositying, and looking forward to seeing you both! Approach carefully, though: my glowing beauty may blind you.
Old 11-04-2015, 06:18 AM   #46590

Quote:

Hey! A change is as good as a vacation, I've always been told, and for sure it is energizing and exciting to be doing something different. I feel Jackie's pain, but this may be just what you and the plan need.

Not to mention you're prolly a pain in the ... neck ... when you're so tired of the current job. Good luck and many ommmms!
Old 11-04-2015, 06:19 AM   #46591

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Ed sounds like great news but knowing you, you will analyze all the angles, and you should. The rainbow can certainly can be fun but the colors are much more vibrant when the greens in the bank and supports not hinders your plans. It took us some adjustment to go from nice income to no income. I still second guess myself, always wonder did I retire too soon, will the money last, will we be forced to return to work at an old age?

So what do you do? I personally pray for the wisdom to analyze these type matters, for signs for the right decision and the ability to differentiate false signs from God sent. You have the wisdom, you've recieved a sign and you have the patience to figure this out so good luck.

I think of the times I've pulled out in the passing lane to go around a big truck. While out there traffic lines up behind me and the truck I'm passing speeds up. Hanging my head low I have to pull back in behind the truck without passing, oh the humanity! Make sure your ready, THEN go for it!
Old 11-04-2015, 08:40 AM   #46592

R U an RV Mutant too?

Hey Ed and Jackie! (Hugs to Sheba)
Such great news.
I retired 3 years before my set goal, because my spreadsheet said I could, and my ambition to Ride The Rainbow simply killed all w--k attitudes. It took less than 5 seconds to decide.
That's my story and I'm stuck with it.
Best wishes, RVMs.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote