Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-14-2013, 11:33 PM   #4649

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Come on up folks! So very kewl. And I have a thought, a ponderance.... Anybody got a karaoki machine for the GC in HS?
No but I got a great margarita machine! After a few of those...who needs music? You'll be howlin at the moon!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2013, 11:33 PM   #4650
RVM1

Goat heads.

Stickers a bit smaller than pencil erasers that impale themselves on the soles of your shoes. And stick in the carpet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-710560609.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	532.1 KB
ID:	47828

I know that you wish you had them too.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:34 PM   #4651

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Hate those things!
Old 10-15-2013, 02:01 AM   #4652

Quote:
Goat heads.

Stickers a bit smaller than pencil erasers that impale themselves on the soles of your shoes. And stick in the carpet.

Attachment 47828

When I was about 7, I was standing on some bricks looking over a neighbors friends wall. I turned around and my butt pushed me away from the wall. I fell hands and knees first on a patch of goatheads. Don't remember how it turned out, but I suppose I had to pull each one out separately and hope the pointy end came out with the head.

Also stepped on a Cholla cactus wearing flip-flops and running through the desert. Dad had to come with scissors to cut the cactus lobe off my foot, then use pliers to remove each spine. And then made me go to dance class that afternoon.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:30 AM   #4653

Here's something to ponder. What if Tesla was still alive? We could probably teleport to curiosities.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:03 AM   #4654

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven
Goat heads.

Ooooo - goatheads - don't have em, don't want em, don't miss em. They are not approved for mutant use, but are a mutation in their own painful way. Next to a picnic table made of splinters, a site "protected" by goatheads are among our least favorite things that invade the Rainbow.

Pondering the least favorite CG encounters on the rainbow... Don't get me wrong - we'd rather be in a CG on the rainbow that just about anywhere - but there are a few things I could do without. For example

Water - not the usual tall bib with handle, but a regular faucet at ground level - bend over - attempt to thread hose on cross threaded spigot.

Electric - spider filled box with lid that barley opens enough to allow plug in - or top mounted breakers you cannot see without standing on head.

Sewer - up a rise from pad that requires engineering degree to erect system to support hose or change laws of physics to allow waste liquids to run uphill.

The "perfect site except - all of the above are perfect but there isn't a patch of green or tree anywhere - concrete jungle.

Just a couple ponders and now a few questions? If you are a golfer - there are course designers that create beautiful, well thought out courses. You can look at who designed a course and know what to expect hands down. We mutants must Google Earth - see it from the air - read reviews (which in some instances are old - or just wrong). The rating books are less than accurate. Are there CG designers to look for? Are they mostly laid out by people who don't RV? Should one of our projects be to catalogue RVM favorite CGs or at least RVM "approved" locations?

I may add a flat and disc sander and create a picnic table repair kit to my tool bay. BTW - I did discover I'm not too fond of sitting at a concrete picnic table / bench while wearing short pants. It was basically an exercise in "legs, meet sandpaper.". Surly I protest too much - as I said - we would rather be in a CG with all of the above than just about anywhere. But - we do pay our hard earned dollars - to places that will tell us what kind of dog we can have, how old our coach can be, and we should be able to expect some minimum standard, should we not? What's funny is - the attendants are usually great sales people - you would think you were getting the Taj Mahal of CGs and sites most of the time.

Ponder away.
RVM2
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:49 AM   #4655

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Correctomundo most wise one! Totally with ya on that ponderance!
Old 10-15-2013, 09:58 AM   #4656

Fleetwood Owners Club
One has to agree with such wisdom!

No table is complete without tablecloth to protect the elbows, beach towels on bench to protect you....... (other parts)
Old 10-15-2013, 11:32 AM   #4657
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Steve,

You have just listed all but 2 of the reasons why I prefer to boondock. I just can't understand why most folks feel that they must park their fully self-contained RVs less than 20 feet from other RVs, plug them into poorly maintained utility posts and spigots and then pay for the privilege of listening to the neighbor's dog barking.

I my not so humble opinion RVing should be about getting away from the madness. To me, most RV parks just create chaos. It takes a little more planning and equipment, but the payback is peace.

Ok, I'll crawl back under my rock now.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:38 AM   #4658

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Barb - it was much easier to accomplish in the 19' B Van
Old 10-15-2013, 11:39 AM   #4659

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1
Barb - it was much easier to accomplish in the 19' B Van
Hit send by mistake.
So as I was saying - much easier to accomplish with the B. And never worried about learning where - as there was always someplace. So now I need to develop a list of places and resources (I have captured many from other threads) but will need to investigate.

I think when we go full time we will spend some time investigating places that will work for us. Maybe spend a week in a CG and explore the area for boondocking options. If we find a good one - giver a go. The other thing we will need to explore is nearby dump stations. I think you and or others have mentioned apps for that. There are requirements for that as well. The state park we day tripped to had a dump station that was two sided. We could not have pulled in the slot on Bonitas dump side - no way no how. And - we would have had to exit the park drive a few miles down the road to turn around and dump on reentry to use their facility. I do believe there were boondocking options in the vicinity - but no other dump stations nearby. So there are some draw backs to having a bigger rig. Not a deal stopper by any means, but just a little hassle factor.

I also find that Annie I enjoy meeting people at CGs. That's one of the benefits for us. This last trip out we met a great couple that had just gone full time in August. We are now email friends and hope to meet up with them again.

Mixed bag for sure. And I'm pretty sure we will find a happy compromise on the rainbow!
RVM2
Old 10-15-2013, 12:46 PM   #4660

Quote:
Come on up folks! So very kewl.

And I have a thought, a ponderance....

Anybody got a karaoki machine for the GC in HS?
Hi Dave,

Ahhh well we dont have a karaoki machine and well I cannot carry a tune in a bucket, so I would be out of that, but Im quite sure there are crooners among us.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:49 PM   #4661

Quote:
Goat heads.

Attachment 47828

I found some Goat Heads quite by accident in Holbrook, AZ they stuck to the bottom of my shoes and I carried them into the place we were staying at the time. And then I refound them after I took my shoes off and was walking around the room ( this was pre-coach) and they hurt like the dickens, and if I never find another it will be too soon.

Cheers !!!
Old 10-15-2013, 12:56 PM   #4662

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Ooooo - goatheads - don't have em, don't want em, don't miss em. They are not approved for mutant use, but are a mutation in their own painful way. Next to a picnic table made of splinters, a site "protected" by goatheads are among our least favorite things that invade the Rainbow.

Pondering the least favorite CG encounters on the rainbow... Don't get me wrong - we'd rather be in a CG on the rainbow that just about anywhere - but there are a few things I could do without. For example

Water - not the usual tall bib with handle, but a regular faucet at ground level - bend over - attempt to thread hose on cross threaded spigot.

Electric - spider filled box with lid that barley opens enough to allow plug in - or top mounted breakers you cannot see without standing on head.

Sewer - up a rise from pad that requires engineering degree to erect system to support hose or change laws of physics to allow waste liquids to run uphill.

The "perfect site except - all of the above are perfect but there isn't a patch of green or tree anywhere - concrete jungle.

Just a couple ponders and now a few questions? If you are a golfer - there are course designers that create beautiful, well thought out courses. You can look at who designed a course and know what to expect hands down. We mutants must Google Earth - see it from the air - read reviews (which in some instances are old - or just wrong). The rating books are less than accurate. Are there CG designers to look for? Are they mostly laid out by people who don't RV? Should one of our projects be to catalogue RVM favorite CGs or at least RVM "approved" locations?

I may add a flat and disc sander and create a picnic table repair kit to my tool bay. BTW - I did discover I'm not too fond of sitting at a concrete picnic table / bench while wearing short pants. It was basically an exercise in "legs, meet sandpaper.". Surly I protest too much - as I said - we would rather be in a CG with all of the above than just about anywhere. But - we do pay our hard earned dollars - to places that will tell us what kind of dog we can have, how old our coach can be, and we should be able to expect some minimum standard, should we not? What's funny is - the attendants are usually great sales people - you would think you were getting the Taj Mahal of CGs and sites most of the time.

Ponder away.
RVM2
Hi Steve,

While on the way to Suoix Falls, we stopped at a place in Chetek, WI, the campground was on a river, and had the tightest turns to go through it, it wasnt well marked, the turn in to the CG was blind, and the GPS coordinates were off as well, and they didnt have a spot for a 40' coach so they gave me 5 spaces together and thankfully only charged me for one, and on top of all of that it is for sale. lots of kids and kid toys about, I like kids and all but I dont like tripping over kid toys. We wont go back, but its one of those I'll not go again places.

Cheers !!!

« Endless Tale Game | - »