Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2015, 10:13 PM   #46649

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Well Dwayne... find another that size and it just might be enough to make your woman a ring... then go to Arkansas and hunt for a diamond to stick in it... you know the rest of the drill... one knee, that question, the for better or worse promises....
Since she doesn't want a diamond, you could come to an area near us and dig for a star garnet to add to that beauty! It's near Clarkia Idaho.

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2015, 10:22 PM   #46650

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
The information for the First Ever SouthWest Mutant Gathering is starting to pick up steam.

I talked with the campground and will share the information with you via email.

I HAVE EMAIL ADDRESSES for RVM's 1, 2, 5, 14, 17, 17A, 18, 32, 39, 40, 45, 48, 64, 89, 107, + mystery numbered members Sarah W., Martin and Sue, Dave and Deb.

I DO NOT HAVE EMAIL ADDRESSES FOR #107 Dale and Deb, #110 Richard and Ann, or #116 Jim and Paula. Also, others interested, not previously mentioned should also PM me on this site.

Give me a couple of hours to compose my email to you. Perhaps by then I'll have the missing emails.

Here's a few teasers: Tucson, fairground, February 1 - 7, propane camp fires, FHU's, $115, we're all in one area.

Ill be back to you thru regular email.
You had us listed in both the have and have nots so I sent you a PM just in case.

Old 11-04-2015, 10:25 PM   #46651

Monaco Owners Club
Now for the fun news! We went to pick up our moose meat today. He told us that they weighed the meat wrong and said it was 420 lbs when they had the weight thing set to 200. They forgot to add that to the total. Since it was their mistake, they only charged us for the 420 lbs instead of 620 lbs. It will be some moose tomorrow for dinner!

Old 11-04-2015, 10:28 PM   #46652

Monaco Owners Club
One more thing tonight...ohmmms to those that need them for w**k or not w**k, puppy, doc visits, or any other matter. May everything will work out for the best.

Old 11-04-2015, 11:46 PM   #46653

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
I set it up with the help of my nephew. Installed the base plate and when it's time to tow, I connect things up and MAKE SURE it's in neutral, etc. They say to remove a fuse and I sometimes do that, sometimes not. I have a 12v charge wire to the battery in the Equinox from the RV umbilical wire.

I also start the engine every time I stop to 1) make sure battery is good and 2) they recommend it in the manual to keep the tranny lubed (they say each fuel stop but doing it more often doesn't hurt).

I've towed it thousands of miles at this point without any issue so I'm very happy with the setup and the car itself.
Thanks for the info, Denise is looking for a newer car and she likes the Equinox, Turaine style. She took a Buick Rendezvous out for a test today and fell in love with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
Ohms for our puppy, please. Mary took her in for her four month checkup. We noticed a few days ago the she was tender and yelped a few times when she was picked up. When the vet examined her, she noticed the same thing, as well as a dent in her chest where her sternum is. They took X-rays, and her sternum has a congenital malformation, and is tipped upwards toward her heart and lungs instead of down/level with the ground. Right now her heart and lungs are OK, but we will have to keep an eye on her.

Ohms, too, please, for Mary and our son. Mary got laid off September 1, and our son got laid off today. As much as I complain about w&#k sometimes, I appreciate having a job.

We have saved up our KOA rewards and this will be our last weekend camping until Spring. Boo hoo��
We'll send Ohms and all from our house to yours for your family. We will generate many many ohms and any surplus can find their way to those in need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post
Oh Cont-rare Amigo.. Nice try...

Global warming is said to melt the ice caps & this site will be under about 30 feet of water...

I have invested in some property in the AR Hills & will have "Ocean Front" property.. Yea, I guess that makes me a "Hill-billy"
Gotcha beat. We live pretty well the centre of this Island and we figures that when the big one hits we'll have ocean front property on both the Atlantic and the Pacific. But that means we'll be stuck here with no place to go.

Quote:
We also pull an Equinox, and we love ours. Pull fuse 32, follow a checklist (double checked by both of us) and pull away in about five minutes.
I think the Buick has the same deals the lot is checking that out for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geocacher View Post
One more thing tonight...ohmmms to those that need them for w**k or not w**k, puppy, doc visits, or any other matter. May everything will work out for the best.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 03:16 AM   #46654

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA Cletus View Post
Thanks for the info, Denise is looking for a newer car and she likes the Equinox, Turaine style. She took a Buick Rendezvous out for a test today and fell in love with it.

I think the Buick has the same deals the lot is checking that out for her.

I'd be careful about which Buick you want to get. Not all of them are four down towable. I originally was going for a Buick Encore but even though it's the Equinox's sister, the tranny is slightly different and doesn't allow four-down towing (at least not in 2015 model).

Good luck in your search!
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 05:18 AM   #46655

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
I'd be careful about which Buick you want to get. Not all of them are four down towable. I originally was going for a Buick Encore but even though it's the Equinox's sister, the tranny is slightly different and doesn't allow four-down towing (at least not in 2015 model).

Good luck in your search!

If you're thinking about an Equinox, drive the V6 model. The six gets bigger wheels, a different suspension and 301hp. The four cylinder was a no-go ( haha) for us. The blinged out LTZ V6 is awesome!
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 05:50 AM   #46656

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Ohms for our puppy, please....

Ohms, too, please, for Mary and our son. Mary got laid off September 1, and our son got laid off today. As much as I complain about w&#k sometimes, I appreciate having a job. ...
OHMMMSSS to the puppy...

Best luck to Mary and son on getting back to the dirty J*B of W**king. Somebody's got to do it.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 07:13 AM   #46657

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
What a gem! When you two gonna make it legal? I need ta know so I can plan to get there if the mutant family is invited( no hotel bills! we bring food...and provide party atmosphere, surely someone of our mutants is qualified to make the matrimony bond....)
OK, enough from me, won't mention it again for ~ half a year. And remember, I look like this at weddings...( well, ok, that was 60 some pounds ago... but you get the drift...)
Slow down I still need to get a divorce that I should have got 8 years ago.

Also steve prayers on there way.

Prayers for the puppy the DW and ds

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 07:22 AM   #46658

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA Cletus View Post
Colleen,

Will you and Don be at the SW gathering?

Dennis

I believe so!

Colleen, traveling with Don (KSCrude RVM#17) & Mr. Malone
Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
MZCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 07:25 AM   #46659

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZCRUDE View Post
I believe so!

Colleen, traveling with Don (KSCrude RVM#17) & Mr. Malone
Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum

Woot!
This is big I tell ya
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 07:57 AM   #46660
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Dennis, Denise deserves a Lincoln for putting up with you.

After all, Earlene got me one.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 07:59 AM   #46661

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezman View Post
Received a life changing email last Friday..

Most of you know we cant wait to join the rainbow full time, Jackie wants to leave now.

The plan is to work another two years, pay off some debit, build up savings etc. To downsize sell S&B this spring and put away a nest egg for exit plan, as Steve says make the plan and work the plan...

Back to the email... received an offer for early retirement. Of course Jackie imediately said take it, while I put pencil to paper trying to see how it might play out. The offer is too good not to take their money and do something, so currently waiting to see if I am in the first 200 and get accepted.

While doing what I do for w**k yestetday walked into a job opening that I think I could snag... hmm this might all work out and put us money ahead. Jackie is a little sad but I think having enough $$$$ to enjoy the rainbow is important.

Haven't slept well this week... a few fingers crossed and ohms if you will might help.

Ed, it's a hard decision. I took an earlier retirement from the Army in 1998. My plans were to retire in 2001. Anyway, the earlier plans didn't work out and needed to go back to work. Finally retired in 2007 and everything was smooth riding since than. In fact, Di & I are living a very comfortable life, much better than anticipated and not planned as such.

One fact that I looked at when considering Di's retirement, was that she could retire as a teacher and receive more money. Basically, she no longer had to pay into Social Security and Arkansas offers a partial tax exemption for retirees.

Just trying to say, there are many choices and roads for you to take. If the choice you make does not work out, just turn left instead of turning right. As we can all attest to, there are no guarantees out there or in life! And when one does have the guarantees, there are always the unknown collateral damage clauses.

Remember, there is only one guarantee in life, and it has been tried & tested with the same results- IF THE WIFE ISN'T HAPPY, NOBODY IS HAPPY!!!!!!!
Old 11-05-2015, 08:19 AM   #46662

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Dennis, Denise deserves a Lincoln for putting up with you.

After all, Earlene got me one.

No, No, No.

Herb will agree with me that you would be much happier if you went for a new Jeep Cherokee. Just make sure you specify 4x4 with Active Drive II so you can flat tow. ( BTW, we just got back from an abortive 500 mile round trip to Wakarusa and averaged 29.8 mpg. Not bad for a V6 )
MartinC is offline   Reply With Quote