Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-23-2015, 02:12 PM   #47545
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
We could charge to see an event like that! I'd certain record it like my last recording of Wayne vs the pinata. Pure classic!
The best time with the pinata was when I would pull on the rope it was hanging from and watch the big man (no names but he is big and tall) swing at air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
That's what I get for relying on the wiki... lol.
You to! Earlene relies on Dr. Google for her medical information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
I always heard everything is bigger in Texas. Well now i am a believer. This was one potato. Seriously one BIG tater. Attachment 112611

Diane toftSFM #64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Who you calling a big tater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
X2!
But boys, why the jackets?
Seriously, the AC was on. I had to ask the manager if he could turn it up a little as it was chilly in there. Outside was not so bad - huh! Right now it is 11:36 a.m. and it is a sunny 55˚ outside. We'll be heading to Galveston for a final day with Larry and Di. I was hoping they would stay for Thanksgiving, but alas - Larry can't take anymore of me.

Quote:
Careful, Carl. As Wayne scoops, it may be tater, tater, bird, tater.
Umm! Yummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA Cletus View Post
On a more pleasant note... A Canadian playing the Mutant theme song on a mouth organ. Way too cool...

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
It was served in Texas but I'll bet it was grown in another state -- Idaho maybe? Of course it takes a BIG man to eat it.
Careful there! (see next coment)

Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post
You hit the nail on the head... I was watching for Geocacher (DALE) to jump in with a comment...
Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones, and those who live in little RV's can get run.....never mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
It amazes me sometimes when I look at some campgrounds in the north east and the prices they can demand. Many times I see monthly rates that meet or exceed Key West rates at prime time. Just mind-boggling when all you get to do is sit in the woods with lots of mosquitos...

New York state seems to have a lot more opportunities for camping than say CT/MA. Vermont state parks have no facilities and I've also stayed in a place in NH (way north, more towards Canada border). One would think Maine would have better availability due to it being farther away and less populated in comparison.
I spent the first 18 years of my life in MA. Now, before you say anything let me clarify that. It was an accident of birth. Since we have been RV'ing in the big rigs, like 40 ft 5th wheel and now 40 ft MH we have had no luck in trying to find a CG through Central MA. Fortunately my brother lives in the center of the state and we can park in his yard. I would much prefer to have a nice campground and spend a longer time in that area. He is in East Brookfield, MA, and a 30 mile trip outbound in all directions looking at the campgrounds reveals that they are not one I would want to stay at. Now maybe for a one night pass-through they could be tolerated.

As Carl stated Normandy Farm is very up-scale priceing. I guess it equates to the seasonal thing where they can only be open a short time during the year. Normandy Farms has had some good reviews. All the other CGs in NE are very pricey also. It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.

The summer weekends in NE are very booked, and much ahead of time. Seems everyone and their family, friends, co-workers, etc., want to go camping on the weekend and only because the other days of the week they are playing the four letter word - w*rk. So if you are planning a trip to the NE States reserve ahead of time. As stated, smaller RV's have a better chance at finding a place as most of the RV parks were built 30-40 years ago and they never expected 36-40 ft RV's.

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2015, 02:17 PM   #47546
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I posted the above about two hours after I finished the left over baked potato.

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 02:57 PM   #47547

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
I have a cabin up in Maine. On horn pond. We might be up that way. I got some bad news on my birthday. What a day to hear bad news. But I might need to be up there maybe as soon as next month.

Dwayne, I'm sorry to hear you've had bad news. I'm sendings ommms your way for calm, grace and strength to get through whatever is being thrown at you.
Old 11-23-2015, 03:05 PM   #47548

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Sue and Martin?
Carl?
Papaw Steve and Mary Ann

Quite possible for Martin and Sue! Exciting!

We are about to insure for the whole year rather than 6 months. It means more summer travel is available to us. Yay!
Old 11-23-2015, 04:25 PM   #47549

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
FYI, I have a call and email to Timberland Acres. I know they are closed for winter. Maybe they will call from Snowbirdland.
Edit: They called!
We are now down for 10-15 sites near the pavillion and rec hall (free use), details to come on lobster dinners in camp, Olies Trollies (Acadia tours), group rates, etc.
This could be big, I tell ya!
K. I have Steve and Annie, Ed and Jackie, Tim and Mary. Who's next?
Can I get an OH YEAH?
We have a site reserved under our name... woot woot.

Now if I the w**k thing will sort itself out.
rezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 05:04 PM   #47550
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Papaw Steve -- I understand your frustration with the fairgrounds and am very impressed that you got them to amend their policies to reserve any spaces for us. Ten reserved w/o a deposit is amazing. Mary Ann give him some hugs from me!

Since 2/1 is a Monday, it will probably be wise for anyone wanting in w/o a reservation to arrive on Sunday, 1/31 when the weekenders will be leaving. I can easily boondock and will give my space to someone if the fairgrounds will let me park nearby but w/o hookups.

So..... 3 cheers for Papaw Steve! Please don't let this give you an ulcer. We are Mutants! and we can adapt.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 05:55 PM   #47551
RVM1

Quote:
Papaw Steve -- I understand your frustration with the fairgrounds and am very impressed that you got them to amend their policies to reserve any spaces for us. Ten reserved w/o a deposit is amazing. Mary Ann give him some hugs from me!

Since 2/1 is a Monday, it will probably be wise for anyone wanting in w/o a reservation to arrive on Sunday, 1/31 when the weekenders will be leaving. I can easily boondock and will give my space to someone if the fairgrounds will let me park nearby but w/o hookups.

So..... 3 cheers for Papaw Steve! Please don't let this give you an ulcer. We are Mutants! and we can adapt.

Hear hear!
And an OH YEAH!!!!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 05:57 PM   #47552
RVM1

We bought Gwen 22 months ago, and moved from Fred to Gwen in a furious "smash and stash".
Today, we finally reorganized the spice shelf. Anybody else Mutate this slowly?
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1448323056.827987.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	112653

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 06:24 PM   #47553

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well quite a Mutantastic Day today. A little 100 mile journey - a nice drive down 95 and 163 through Laughlin and into Bullhead City. And, in the meantime Plans for
The First Ever RV Mutant Maine and Maritimes Grande Curiosity (FEM&MGC) Came Together... ( Pleasure wo*k*#G with ya Dave!! )

So far we have the first formal leg of the FEM&MGC Underway!* - The Feast of the Great Lobstah!!

NOTE: All attendance is considered firm but Tentative as things can change 9 months down the road. But we have to book it to keep the spaces. If you are serious about attending - lock in your reservation for Maine.

We will continue to work on the scheduling and Second Leg of the M&MGC - as we seek out NS and NB locations.

We encourage all Mutants to put on their pondering caps because we will need a coach count for The Maritimes leg soon. Break out your Pencils, Pens, Computer Programs, Winning Lottery Tickets, Recyclable Cans and Bottles, Plan your Spring Garage Sales, etc. And remember - We are RV Mutants. Can We Get a Mutant Oh Yeh!

The First Ever RV Mutant Maine and Maritimes Grande Curiosity (FEM&MGC)
August 15 - 21 2016

Timberland Acres
57 Bar Harbor Road,
Trenton, Maine 04605
Phone: 207 667-3600
Email: info@timberlandacresrvpark.com

http://www.timberlandacresrvpark.com/

Roster
* = Maine
** = Maine and Maritimes

Tim and Mary **
Dave and Nola **
Steve and Annie **
Steve and Mary Ann *
Sue and Martin ??
Carl and feather faces *
Larry and Cheryl *
Ed and Jackie *

We do have the Yahoo email going for this now - but the best way to be sure all RVMs are in the loop is post updates here now and again. We will try not to overwhelm the thread (lol)...

OK lurkers - if you've been considering joining this group - no better time than the present. Tell us what your RV doesn't have that you don't miss - and declare the Journey is the destination. You can be RVM128 - who'll be the next mutant! Join the RV Mutants - and come to the FEM&MGC... you'll be glad ya did - and so will we!

Steve and Annie
RVM2
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 06:26 PM   #47554

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
BTW - Oh Yah - to The Grand Poobahs request for and Oh Yeah.

And Oh Yeah to the other Oh Yeahs!

And darn it - OH YEAH!
Old 11-23-2015, 06:40 PM   #47555

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
We bought Gwen 22 months ago, and moved from Fred to Gwen in a furious "smash and stash".
Attachment 112653
Well... in a word... Yes.
Old 11-23-2015, 06:53 PM   #47556
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Attachment 112653
Dave, I have you beat by about 32 months.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 06:55 PM   #47557

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Dave, I have you beat by about 32 months.
And you have more stuff too!
Old 11-23-2015, 07:14 PM   #47558

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
This is the only means for me to contact ALL of the mutants that appear interested in the gathering in AZ in February.

I need to share some frustrations:
1) The Pima County Fairgrounds Campground (PCFC) does NOT take reservations of any kind. All 260 sites are first come-first served.

2) The fair board had a special meeting and voted to reserve 15 sites for our mutant gathering. 10 back-to-back and 5 more in a line with one of the 5 others.

3) The first 15 now have a guaranteed spot to camp. You know who you are.

4) The other 4 (RVMs 13, 86, 110, 127) have a 95% chance of having a campsite inside the fairgrounds. They (PCFC) may have another meeting to see if they can guarantee 5 more sites. RVM80 is commuting from home.

5) The "availability" of sites (by going through me) is now closed except on a "you might have a site when you show up" basis.

Note: I am not happy. Various people at the other end of the phone implied that room would be made for mutants as needed. A six week horse show lands on our dates in February. That appears to be the the PCFC's "bread and butter" and the PCFC came up with "first come - first served" years ago to take the heat off of their backs (so to speak). I apologize but I was "blindsided" by this development. The PCFC says that they have not heard from RVM 86 & 127. It appears, unless I get 4 more spots promised, that the last 4 mutants will need to be in communication with PCFC and arrive early. 520-762-9100 ext.1026 Gol dang it anyway - - - - GEEEESH
Dont let this bother you... I admire how much you were able to accomplish as it is...

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 95 Minni Winnie 30' & 2012 ERA 24' (AKA Minni & Micro).... Our Chihuahua lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote