Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-30-2015, 10:40 AM   #47867

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Hey Y'all,

I have another technical question for you. The water pressure here is really strong. I've already lost one of my older hoses to splitting. Is there any reason that I shouldn't move my low-tech pressure regulator to a position before the hoses (at the faucet) rather than next to Moho inlet?

I only turn on the faucet a quarter turn, but the faucet is next to the 2 year old grandson's yard toy bin. He is fascinated by the hookups that cross the back yard.

Hey Sis!
Pressure in a pipe without water running is the same with the faucet slightly open or fully open. Physics 101.
I use a Watts unit. Not cheap but fully effective.
Hi to the kids!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-30-2015, 10:52 AM   #47868

On another note
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1448905949.874380.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	282.0 KB
ID:	113050
Old 11-30-2015, 11:01 AM   #47869

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Hey Y'all,

I have another technical question for you. The water pressure here is really strong. I've already lost one of my older hoses to splitting. Is there any reason that I shouldn't move my low-tech pressure regulator to a position before the hoses (at the faucet) rather than next to Moho inlet?

I only turn on the faucet a quarter turn, but the faucet is next to the 2 year old grandson's yard toy bin. He is fascinated by the hookups that cross the back yard.
It will work at either end. In fact if you want to protect your RV hose from over pressure then putting your regulator at the tap is better for the equipment.

Oops should have read the rest of the posts before responding.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 11:42 AM   #47870

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Good morning mutants. My cousin is coming out to visit today. We will see our friends on the 3rd - and have changed plans to stay here at Sunflower for a week. We got our stay in Eloy changed to come in 2 days early so all is grand on the rainbow.

My cousin hurt his foot so no fishing - and the park we are in is actually closer to his house than the lake. So that works to our advantage too.

One downside to this park is Air Force fly overs - but takes me back to my youth. There was no sign of them since we checked in Wed. But they have been burning up the fuel this morning.

Have a great day mutants!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 11:56 AM   #47871

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
I would, but maybe say something to the parents to instruct him to leave the hookups alone... wouldn't want him to get electrocuted...
He is always supervised and he's told repeatedly not to play with the hose and powercord, but he's a very active 2 year old. Luckily both ends of the power line is behind a locked door and I fashioned a protective box over the point where the extension cord connects. What I worry about is him turning the water faucet on too high and blowing another water hose.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 12:06 PM   #47872

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Good morning mutants. My cousin is coming out to visit today. We will see our friends on the 3rd - and have changed plans to stay here at Sunflower for a week. We got our stay in Eloy changed to come in 2 days early so all is grand on the rainbow.

My cousin hurt his foot so no fishing - and the park we are in is actually closer to his house than the lake. So that works to our advantage too.

One downside to this park is Air Force fly overs - but takes me back to my youth. There was no sign of them since we checked in Wed. But they have been burning up the fuel this morning.

Have a great day mutants!

Say howdy to yer kin for us. Glad youse got hooked up again.
Yuma has some jet jockeys that noise it up during the day. At the Arizona Marketplace you can see their faces as they land with open canopies. I salute em!
Happy Trails Bro and Sis
Old 11-30-2015, 03:35 PM   #47873

Life is hard and then you nap:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1448922888.348541.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	113067

Pure relaxation, eh?
Old 11-30-2015, 04:03 PM   #47874

Vintage RV Owners Club
awww. I had kitties and dog doing that very same pose today....
Old 11-30-2015, 05:00 PM   #47875

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Hey Tim, saw this video today, and wondered how your Bat adventure turned out? Did you get them screened out successfully?
( this is in Florida....)
Wow, I had a problem, but not like that video! I read up that by irritating them over and over with water they move on! I did and they did! Hum ha Wayne

Quote:
He is always supervised and he's told repeatedly not to play with the hose and powercord, but he's a very active 2 year old. Luckily both ends of the power line is behind a locked door and I fashioned a protective box over the point where the extension cord connects. What I worry about is him turning the water faucet on too high and blowing another water hose.
Barb I often connect a y connection at the water supply hose bib, then place my pressure regulator on one side and attach my MH supply line to it. The other side of the y I attach a water hose for washing car, MH or spray anything that bothers me! Hum, ha Wayne
Also as Dave said before, pressure remains the same regardless of how much you turn on the faucet. It just takes a little longer to reach that pressure when slightly opened.
Old 11-30-2015, 05:31 PM   #47876

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
My cousin came out to see Bonita today We went to lunch at Longhorn Steak House and hung out at the picnic taboe this afternoon. Really great taking about the very good ole days and catching up.
Old 11-30-2015, 05:58 PM   #47877

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
My cousin came out to see Bonita today We went to lunch at Longhorn Steak House and hung out at the picnic taboe this afternoon. Really great taking about the very good ole days and catching up.

Woot! I bet there was some guffaws happening there, Bro!
We have "caught up" (well, kinda) with several friends and relatives we also had not seen for what seems like eons. Grand times fer sher, and all due to this lifestyle.
We are off to Yuma in the AM. +10 warmer at nite. More tweeks and upgrades to Gwen will happen there.
So, STMs, how many of you had a phone like this? Our "ring" was two longs and a short. And, yes, EVERYONE listened in. The wagging tongues of idle gossip were rampant even then! My Gramma would seed their brains with a few half-truths!

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1448931507.687842.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  30.9 KB
Old 11-30-2015, 06:13 PM   #47878

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Woot! I bet there was some guffaws happening there, Bro!
We have "caught up" (well, kinda) with several friends and relatives we also had not seen for what seems like eons. Grand times fer sher, and all due to this lifestyle.
We are off to Yuma in the AM. +10 warmer at nite. More tweeks and upgrades to Gwen will happen there.
So, STMs, how many of you had a phone like this? Our "ring" was two longs and a short. And, yes, EVERYONE listened in. The wagging tongues of idle gossip were rampant even then! My Gramma would seed their brains with a few half-truths!
Attachment 113081
We had a regular old rotary phone...

So whatcha got planned for tweaks and upgrades?
Old 11-30-2015, 06:19 PM   #47879

Quote:
We had a regular old rotary phone...

So whatcha got planned for tweaks and upgrades?

The "swimming pool" POS awning will be augmented with something useful: a regular awning on the PS front slide. Some LED upgrades to fluorescents, a new door handle, etc. nothing $ breaking. Just nifty stuff!
Old 11-30-2015, 06:25 PM   #47880

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Welcome Dave and Carol.... Glad to have you join us.....

Btw,,. We have another mutant in your area... They just moved there... #77, Sohapi....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!

Oops... I was the one that got your name wrong.... Most unlike me... I am usually one if the goodest at names.... Sorry...

WELCOME TO DAVE AND LINDA......

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote