Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2013, 09:35 AM   #4789
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
They make a contraption that you can purchase in hardware stores. It is a very thin piece of flexible wire with barbs on it. You just use it as any "snake" and push it into the drain. It wll circle around and when you pull it out the barbs will have collected a lot of debris.

We sanitize or water supplies with a bleach solution but I'm not sure how 100% chlorine bleach would act on the system but if you pour about a cup into the drain it will disolve the hair in about 15 or so minutes.

Next time she sleeps shave her head. Think Demi Moore!

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2013, 09:44 AM   #4790

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
They make a contraption that you can purchase in hardware stores. It is a very thin piece of flexible wire with barbs on it. You just use it as any "snake" and push it into the drain. It wll circle around and when you pull it out the barbs will have collected a lot of debris. We sanitize or water supplies with a bleach solution but I'm not sure how 100% chlorine bleach would act on the system but if you pour about a cup into the drain it will disolve the hair in about 15 or so minutes. Next time she sleeps shave her head. Think Demi Moore!

I would like to live long enough to attend the GC so I think I will clean out the drain instead.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:00 AM   #4791
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I do understand.

I have a little plaque in my room here and it says,

"I am master of this house.

Whatever my wife says

Shall be done"
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:13 AM   #4792

Tiffin Owners Club
Since our waste water plumbing is PVC, we treat it just like the S&B with chemicals or snakes - whatever it takes to do the job.

You guys have really made me hungry with all these pictures and comments about food.

For the chilli, I'd vote for a 2 as a lot of older people (not pointing fingers) can't handle HOT anymore. Down here it seems like at the chilli cook offs some of chefs don't care about taste just heat.

Are we going to do GUMBO? I volunteered the sausage and roux but no one else has said anything about it. I don't see how we could have a madi graux party and not have gumbo.

After Stephanie's fall I now have half of a Demi Moore. They shaved the left side of her head. From being in bed for so long, she had two knots in the back of her hair. I took it upon myself to try and comb them out and ended up cutting them out. I was accused of messing up her hairdo. I ask her if she had looked in the mirror lately?
TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:28 AM   #4793

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEFFY View Post
Since our waste water plumbing is PVC, we treat it just like the S&B with chemicals or snakes - whatever it takes to do the job.

You guys have really made me hungry with all these pictures and comments about food.

For the chilli, I'd vote for a 2 as a lot of older people (not pointing fingers) can't handle HOT anymore. Down here it seems like at the chilli cook offs some of chefs don't care about taste just heat.
One can make anything HOT the trick is to keep it tasty too.
Quote:

Are we going to do GUMBO? I volunteered the sausage and roux but no one else has said anything about it. I don't see how we could have a madi graux party and not have gumbo.
If I were to be there I would insist upon the Gumbo, but being I'm not I won't comment.
Quote:

After Stephanie's fall I now have half of a Demi Moore. They shaved the left side of her head. From being in bed for so long, she had two knots in the back of her hair. I took it upon myself to try and comb them out and ended up cutting them out. I was accused of messing up her hairdo. I ask her if she had looked in the mirror lately?
You are a braver man than I, Gunga Din.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:41 AM   #4794

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
I use a piece of clothes hanger cut to about 8" and use a pair of pliers to put a 1/4" bend/hook in the end. Easily pulls out the clumps without use of any chemicals. I use the same method for S&B bathtub as well. Been doing this for about 20 years. Works every time and takes about 15 minutes. Never have to worry about where I put it, there is always another tool in waiting in the closet!
LOL...I've used a Long crochet hook combined with chopsticks for that purpose before in my Stick n brick. Thanks for the hanger idea. I now have wire mesh screens in place in my drains in both Moho and Stick n brick. I found them online, but a lot of hardware stores carry them also. I simply remove the top plate on the shower and insert the screen below. Then when I clean the shower, I dump the hair in the trash, and then I rinse it out in my toilet as it doesn't clog easy like the smaller plumbing.
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:08 PM   #4795

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
How about a few pics of before beside after?
Hi Les !!!,

Ok I went out and took a few photos of my project,
1st is the left side thats waiting for me to get there
2nd is of the glue thats left behind once you get the plastic off
3rd is of the area after the glue is off
4th is the front, and I have yet to attack the middle section, the very top by the wipers is already done

Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM5958.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	48016

Name:	HPIM5959.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	141.9 KB
ID:	48017

Name:	HPIM5960.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	48018

Name:	HPIM5961.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	48019

It's a big job, but I'm retired, and just work on it a little bit at a time, scrape, scrape, scrape and then using elbow grease and Goof Off or Goo Gone, and then once the glue is all gone. I wash and wax the area.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:11 PM   #4796

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEFFY View Post

Hey Bob !!!

Oh I would consider that your offer of sausage and roux will be wanted, cause I can bet you that GUMBO is expected, so I would plan on it. Those of us that cant eat shellfish can forage for something else.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:48 PM   #4797
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Shower drain clog

Herb,

Personally, I wouldn't put any harsh chemicals down the drain. You never know what effect it may have on the grey water tank and valves.

If you can unscrew or pop off the drain cover, you'll be able to remove the hair faster. To prevent drain clogs, these help.

Amazon.com: Set of 4 Tub Mesh Sink Strainer, Stainless: Sports & Outdoors

Walmart sells similar screens. I have one on the kitchen sink and keep it in place with 3 small rare earth magnets. The gate valves on the black and grey water tanks can get hard to close if crud gets in them.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:56 PM   #4798

Vintage RV Owners Club
Barb... those are what I use.
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 03:05 PM   #4799

Intermission time...

Rainbow of the day...

Name:	Follow Rainbow.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	271.1 KB
ID:	48045

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:24 PM   #4800

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyduck
Intermission time...

Rainbow of the day...
That's cool!!
Your design or borrowed?
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:02 PM   #4801

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hey Bob !!!

Oh I would consider that your offer of sausage and roux will be wanted, cause I can bet you that GUMBO is expected, so I would plan on it. Those of us that cant eat shellfish can forage for something else.

Cheers !!!
I was thinking that the GUMBO would be sausage and chicken, that way a larger number of people would be able to partake. I would imagine that a fair number or people wouldn't eat it if it had "shellfish" or a derivative in it. I, for one, don't eat shrimp or seafood, but I still have to go to a seafood restaurant once in a while if I want to continue waking up in the morning.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:09 PM   #4802

Tiffin Owners Club
For a good laugh read the replies on this post New style trailer hitch it's under "just conversation" just like this thread.

« Endless Tale Game | - »