Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-24-2015, 06:41 AM   #48917
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 6,447
Sue, Chuck both of your Rainbow Riders look MarVaLus!

Not to be outdone The Discovery will be sporting a new Top Hat (aka new roof)

Merry Christmas all!
__________________

__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-24-2015, 06:51 AM   #48918
Senior Member
 
Suspinz's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: IL
Posts: 3,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Sue, Chuck both of your Rainbow Riders look MarVaLus!

Not to be outdone The Discovery will be sporting a new Top Hat (aka new roof)

Merry Christmas all!

Brilliant! Nothin like a new topper to make a body feel all spiffy and ready to go out on the town ... or the road!
__________________

__________________
Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
'16 Thor Tuscany 45 AT & '14 Jeep Cherokee; 2 bikes, 1 kayak, 1 walking stick. Feline furface Betsy Alopicia. Yes, the journey IS the destination!
Suspinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 08:06 AM   #48919
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador
 
Diwizi's Avatar


 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 3,326
R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Di and Larry, I woke up at this ridiculous hour worrying about you two being here on Saturday ... because I learned yesterday afternoon that we are supposed to get hit with a blizzard on Saturday evening! The are predicting 6-10" of snow and strong winds (25-35 mph with gusts up to 55 mph). It will be bad Sunday and Monday, too.

I would really hate for y'all to get your new coach out here only to have something(s) blow off the roof! Temps will be like 9 degrees Sat. nite.

It would seem better for y'all to head south to I-20 at the least ... And I'm not sure they're going to miss the storm down that way (Abilene and points west on I-20).

The bikes can wait. But since you have them on board, maybe some Mutant who'll be at Dead Horse will be willing to hang on to them for us til we get to AZ around April 3.

I'm afraid that if you park yourselves in Lubbock, 1) you might get stuck for several days and 2) you might sustain some damage to your new coach. Makes me sick to think of missing you two, but we would not feel good about you coming here with this major winter storm descending on us on Sat. afternoon/evening.

The next post has the URL to the weather report.

Mel.... Looking and planning right now... We are in Witchita Falls. Do you or Kate know anyone on our path out of here or points south that we can leave the bikes with? They are inside the jeep.... Dont have a rack on this one. We could drop them off somewhere.... Possibly even at your place.... Just find me a place... If you can...

Sue... BEAUTIFUL......

WAYNE.... please take your voodoo hex off of us.....

Chuck.... Been missing ya...

Shara... Healing ohms..








Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
__________________
Diane & Larry, (RVM64) our Westies LitaBit & QTπ
(Diwizi)retired educator,watercolor artist / (Zeelarry)ARMY ret
2016 BerkshireXL 40RB, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 08:42 AM   #48920
Senior Member
 
Cart's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: N. Texas
Posts: 281
Merry Christmas to All and have a Happy New Year from Paris, (Texas that is)


Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1450968092.678173.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  104.9 KB



Jim, Ginny & Abbie Carter
RVM 58
__________________
Jim,Ginny and Abbie (schnauzer)
RVM 58
Thor Hurricane MH - Jeep Wrangler
Cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 08:49 AM   #48921
Senior Member
 
romin roman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Mel.... Looking and planning right now... We are in Witchita Falls. Do you or Kate know anyone on our path out of here or points south that we can leave the bikes with? They are inside the jeep.... Dont have a rack on this one. We could drop them off somewhere.... Possibly even at your place.... Just find me a place... If you can...

Sue... BEAUTIFUL......

WAYNE.... please take your voodoo hex off of us.....

Chuck.... Been missing ya...

Shara... Healing ohms..



Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!

Sheppard AFB, Wichita Falls, sounds familiar... Hmmm... Oh, that was one of my Tech Schools in 1961... Memories...

Hope you can find a good route & play Santa with the bikes on your way...
__________________

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 95 Minni Winnie 30' & 2012 ERA 24' (AKA Minni & Micro).... Our Chihuahua lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 08:50 AM   #48922
RV Mutant #14
 
Wayne M's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 11,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Di and Larry, I woke up at this ridiculous hour worrying about you two being here on Saturday ... because I learned yesterday afternoon that we are supposed to get hit with a blizzard on Saturday evening! The are predicting 6-10" of snow and strong winds (25-35 mph with gusts up to 55 mph). It will be bad Sunday and Monday, too.

I would really hate for y'all to get your new coach out here only to have something(s) blow off the roof! Temps will be like 9 degrees Sat. nite.

It would seem better for y'all to head south to I-20 at the least ... And I'm not sure they're going to miss the storm down that way (Abilene and points west on I-20).

The bikes can wait. But since you have them on board, maybe some Mutant who'll be at Dead Horse will be willing to hang on to them for us til we get to AZ around April 3.

I'm afraid that if you park yourselves in Lubbock, 1) you might get stuck for several days and 2) you might sustain some damage to your new coach. Makes me sick to think of missing you two, but we would not feel good about you coming here with this major winter storm descending on us on Sat. afternoon/evening.

The next post has the URL to the weather report.
I tried telling them to "GO SOUTH," but no they had to go to North Texas. Everyone knows it snows in North Texas - well, except Arkies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Sue, Chuck both of your Rainbow Riders look MarVaLus!

Not to be outdone The Discovery will be sporting a new Top Hat (aka new roof)

Merry Christmas all!
They do look very very nice. May the many rides on the rainbow be filled with sights and safety.

Tim, I got a new hat also. Just wish Citrus would get some new feet, or get fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Mel.... Looking and planning right now... We are in Witchita Falls. Do you or Kate know anyone on our path out of here or points south that we can leave the bikes with? They are inside the jeep.... Dont have a rack on this one. We could drop them off somewhere.... Possibly even at your place.... Just find me a place... If you can...

Sue... BEAUTIFUL......

WAYNE.... please take your voodoo hex off of us.....

Chuck.... Been missing ya...

Shara... Healing ohms..

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
I told ya'll to come Souf.

None believers in weather! Sheesh!
__________________
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse)
2008 Winnebago Destination 39W
RVM14
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 09:24 AM   #48923
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Sue, Chuck both of your Rainbow Riders look MarVaLus!

Not to be outdone The Discovery will be sporting a new Top Hat (aka new roof)

Merry Christmas all!
X 2 for Sue and Martin and Chuck! Looking Mutantastic!

New Too Hat Tim.. is that from Hail of a GC???

Mel - Lubbock can definitely get cold. Bundle up!

Di... you and Larry be careful and stay warm!

Wayne... do you get oyster stuffing at Christmas too???
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 10:30 AM   #48924
Senior Member
 
Papawto5's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 904
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinthebus View Post
Wanting to wish all my friends a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
I go pick up my new 'Rainbow Rider' today. Will be putting the old one up for sale in the coming weeks. Here is a sneak peek at the new one. 2003 DSDP
Sweet, I say, sweet! And I thought you were downsizing. What was it? Tandem axle to one?

Merry Christmas Chuck
__________________
2011 Coachmen SportsCoach
Living Our Dream One Mile at a Time
Steve & Mary Ann (RVM5 & 5A)
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 10:37 AM   #48925
Senior Member
 
Papawto5's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Y'all be safe out there! Scary stuff, as Mel says! Whodathunkit: blizzards in Lubbock!

Okay, here's the Tuscalounger as seen last month, perched on its hill at the dealer's:

Attachment 114826

Look, Di: a tagggg! It's the 45 AT, and yes, Barb, it's still a Tuscany, but we won't be returning to the previous shop!

Walk-through was yesterday, with issues noted for fixing before drive-out. Maybe by noon...? More pics later.

AquaHot system -- looking forward to that! Much expanded kitchen, closet space and storage bays -- woot! Major faults in the AV system, though -- I wonder if that can be taken care of by noon! (On Bella, Martin and I rewired it). At any rate, we're looking forward to loving this coach.

So far, she's been dubbed Florence for a Tuscan city, but of course we'll go with the Flo. ('Tis to laugh, my BIL would say).
Golly! Seems that the upgrade bug is more contagious than first forecast. I think that Mary Ann and I are well insulated from the upgrade bug, but we can both look and admire the new coaches as they arrive in Tuscon.

Congrats to all of the mutants on their new digs, new j*bs, new knees, new S & B, new outlooks on life, newly repaired moms, etc., etc.,

Oh yea, MARRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL. I just love this time of year.
__________________
2011 Coachmen SportsCoach
Living Our Dream One Mile at a Time
Steve & Mary Ann (RVM5 & 5A)
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 10:45 AM   #48926
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Golly! Seems that the upgrade bug is more contagious than first forecast. I think that Mary Ann and I are well insulated from the upgrade bug, but we can both look and admire the new coaches as they arrive in Tuscon.

Congrats to all of the mutants on their new digs, new j*bs, new knees, new S & B, new outlooks on life, newly repaired moms, etc., etc.,

Oh yea, MARRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL. I just love this time of year.
Steve... we have only know you a few short years, but I feel safe in saying, you two love every time of the year!

Looking forward to seeing you in AJ. Won't be long now!
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 10:47 AM   #48927
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador
 
Diwizi's Avatar


 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 3,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cart View Post
Merry Christmas to All and have a Happy New Year from Paris, (Texas that is)

Attachment 114839



Jim, Ginny & Abbie Carter
RVM 58

Dang..... Forgot you were there as we came through yesterday...... Just totally forgot.....



Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
__________________
Diane & Larry, (RVM64) our Westies LitaBit & QTπ
(Diwizi)retired educator,watercolor artist / (Zeelarry)ARMY ret
2016 BerkshireXL 40RB, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 11:25 AM   #48928
Senior Member
 
Sky_Boss's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: ON THE ROAD...SOMEWHERE
Posts: 5,646
Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to all the STMs near and far. May Santa bring you lots of bacon and fun times. May the new year show you lots of open roads with many unexpected adventures.
__________________
Don, Sandee & GSD Zeus. Gardian Wings earned are GSDs Gunny (7/11/15) & Thor (5/5/15)
2006 DSDP 4320, Spartan MM IFS, 2013 CR-V, Blue Ox Avail, SMI AF1, Samsung 197R Refer.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 11:27 AM   #48929
Senior Member
 
Cart's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: N. Texas
Posts: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Dang..... Forgot you were there as we came through yesterday...... Just totally forgot.....



Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!

Sorry we missed you. Hope you got through the Paris traffic ok. Ha



Jim, Ginny & Abbie Carter
RVM 58
__________________
Jim,Ginny and Abbie (schnauzer)
RVM 58
Thor Hurricane MH - Jeep Wrangler
Cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 11:32 AM   #48930
Senior Member
 
Suspinz's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: IL
Posts: 3,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cart View Post
Merry Christmas to All and have a Happy New Year from Paris, (Texas that is)

Attachment 114839



Jim, Ginny & Abbie Carter
RVM 58

Hey Cart! Good to hear from you! Merry Christmas to you and Ginny too! See you on the road somewhere!
__________________

__________________
Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
'16 Thor Tuscany 45 AT & '14 Jeep Cherokee; 2 bikes, 1 kayak, 1 walking stick. Feline furface Betsy Alopicia. Yes, the journey IS the destination!
Suspinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (1 members and 2 guests)
Wayne M
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.