Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-07-2016, 11:55 PM   #49645

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
I'm thinkin "git yer bum on da rode" BTW

I'm thinking yer right! Da bum'll drive and I'll read da map.

Today, leisurely having coffee with a friend and then grocery shopping, we thought the weather was to continue fine another few days. No big rush. We bought bits and bobs for the rig and seeds to plant in my planters, loafed along home... and then looked at the weather forecast again.

Went into hyperdrive. Now, at almost 1:00 am, I'm still not sleepy. Finished cracking the black walnuts in the vise so I can bring them along. Still not sleepy. Need to sleep. Can't sleep.

I'll play ketchup a bit, then try again to fall into the arms of Morpheus, 😴 perchance to dream, to dream of the open road and mutants along the way. 🌈😘

This too shall pass.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2016, 11:59 PM   #49646

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Sue, you best go south and then west... Kansas is in for it Saturday also with a low of 9 degrees F

Gotcha! Missin out Kansas this trip. Aiming for ARKansas first, then on a southwesterly course. Maybe due south before westerly, eh?

Thanks for the warning. Y'all batten down the hatches, ya heah?
Old 01-08-2016, 12:08 AM   #49647

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
How does one find out their joined date?

I think I joined just after RVM 39 and just before RVM 41 but can't say for sure.

Ask 39 and 41 when they joined? Oooh, easy peasy! No?

I clicked on my avatar to get to My Profile, scrolled down to click on My Posts, and then scrolled aaaalll the way back to the first one. That was kinda fun, but it did take some time.
Old 01-08-2016, 12:26 AM   #49648

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Dennis, I'm a fair weather PNW resident. Other than the winter I stayed to get new knees. I lived in Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas. My daughter moved up there after she left home.

AND!!! It's "Oklahoma where the WIND comes sweeping 'cross the plain."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 02:13 AM   #49649
MPH

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Maybe we can too.....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Sounds like a Mini might be in the works for the Texas Coast ... Woot, woot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Here it is

Mel and Kates - First Ever Retirement Party and Full Time Kick Off Curiosity
Aka M&K FERP&FTKOC..

April 4th - 10th
Dead Horse Ranch St Park
Cottonwood, AZ
Arizona State Parks: Dead Horse Ranch: Home
928-634-5283

Don't recall the loop...

It's just a hop, skip and a jump.
Marty! Please come to Dead Horse! You can find a way! (Ohmmmmmms meter on fire!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Damn! Can I say that here?
Hail, yeah you can. Just speak Southern and make it two syllables: dah-yum!

Quote:
Eating again. ��
Food: It's what's for dinner.

Quote:
Yeah, but she doesn't STAY there when it's wet! Even worse, she's FROM Oklahoma! ��
Optimum word there: FROM. As opposed to IN Oklahoma.

Quote:
I'm thinking yer right! Da bum'll drive and I'll read da map.

Today, leisurely having coffee with a friend and then grocery shopping, we thought the weather was to continue fine another few days. No big rush. We bought bits and bobs for the rig and seeds to plant in my planters, loafed along home... and then looked at the weather forecast again.

Went into hyperdrive. Now, at almost 1:00 am, I'm still not sleepy. Finished cracking the black walnuts in the vise so I can bring them along. Still not sleepy. Need to sleep. Can't sleep.

I'll play ketchup a bit, then try again to fall into the arms of Morpheus, �� perchance to dream, to dream of the open road and mutants along the way. ����

This too shall pass.
Alarm woke me up to take pain meds. (Much better than being awakened by PAIN!) Sue, let us know if you'll be passing through anywhere near us. We could meet at Abuelo's, where we would have taken Larry and Di if we had been in Lubbock when they came through to drop off the bikes. As it turned out, we were in Amarillo for Christmas with my mom. We made it home before that lovely BLIZZARD hit, though. Still lots of 6-10 ft piles of snow everywhere from the plows. It was one dah-yum, hail-of-a-storm!

Okie dokes, y'all. Meds down the hatch and gonna try the sleep thing again ...
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 02:25 AM   #49650
MPH

Oh, and Dennis, I was SOOOOOO happy to see that you'd lost Cletus. Is he at the bottom of some sewer dump station somewhere?
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 02:52 AM   #49651

I don't want to be annoying, but was hoping I could join this thread. Looks like tons of fun and perhaps I can be an RV Mutant also.
LisaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 03:14 AM   #49652

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaE View Post
I don't want to be annoying, but was hoping I could join this thread. Looks like tons of fun and perhaps I can be an RV Mutant also.

Woohoo, LisaE! You couldn't possibly be any more annoying than we are! I started out being Ms. Buttinski, myself.

And who the heck is up at 4am (CST) besides that other gal on pain meds and this gal who's trying to beat the snow outa here?

I'm not official, but I can tell you there's a really strict set of rules to follow for your application. First of all, tell us what your RV doesn't have that you don't miss. And second you must declare for all to see that the journey is the destination. You also might want to go back and read the first few postings on this thread, just to get an idea where we got started.

Tough, eh? If you pass our stringent requirements, someone reeeallly official, like RVM#1 or RVM#2 will be along to award you the highly coveted RVM# you deserve. I believe you would be #131.

I leave you now to return to my packing. Glad you popped in!
Old 01-08-2016, 03:23 AM   #49653

Mel said, "Sue, let us know if you'll be passing through anywhere near us. We could meet at Abuelo's, where we would have taken Larry and Di if we had been in Lubbock when they came through to drop off the bikes. "

Sure will! Wouldn't we love to meet you at Abuelo's! Think we'll be further south though, 'specially if you still have piles of that white stuff lying about!

Slip back into sleep, dear heart, and I'll go back (now that Martin is up too!) to packing. Again!

Cheers!
Old 01-08-2016, 05:52 AM   #49654

Fleetwood Owners Club
FYI: Sue rain storm moving in AR tonight through Sat. Then sunshine and cold (40s) Sun-Thur. Weather people throwing the snow word around but it's for far north of state. I-40 an I-30 should be good.
Old 01-08-2016, 06:11 AM   #49655

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohapi View Post
Oh crap sorry to hear Shara isn't feeling well. I will keep you both in my thoughts and sending lots of oohhhmmms
Thank you!

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 06:43 AM   #49656

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
You already have 2013 on yours so you are not getting another one - unless Sena demands it - her wish is your command.
Mine says 2014 which makes me wonder, who doesn't have a date on theirs?
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 06:44 AM   #49657

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
FYI: Sue rain storm moving in AR tonight through Sat. Then sunshine and cold (40s) Sun-Thur. Weather people throwing the snow word around but it's for far north of state. I-40 an I-30 should be good.

Sue & Martin:

Checklist: Spouse, Fur/Baby, Visa & Discover Cards, Beverages, & Tim's phone number... "Have Diesel, Will Travel"

Hope you can pause near us for a Mini-C if you are up to it...

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 2019 Coach House 26' .... Our Chihuahua T.T. lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 07:06 AM   #49658

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post

Thanks! If we do get on the road on the road in the morning tomorrow, we plan one night near Sikeston MO, then Benton. Might be just as well not to de-winterize for a while!

Cheers!