Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-08-2016, 06:57 PM   #49687
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89

Location: Somewhere on the Rainbow. Fulltiming and lovin' it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaE View Post
I don't want to be annoying, but was hoping I could join this thread. Looks like tons of fun and perhaps I can be an RV Mutant also.
Hi LisaE. So glad you decided to jump in! We have so many new members and I haven't kept up. So, welcome all new members!!! The Rainbow is big, with room for all! And there are a lot of Mutants in this world. More and more will find this group of STMs.

The journey is most definitely the destination for Mutant types.

Hope to meet you newbies on the Rainbow soon!

Ohmmmmmms for all who need them and Woots for all who deserve them...

Mel

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2016, 07:15 PM   #49688

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Amazon....... Is where mine came from.... Also, Sue would nono you for calling them silk..... Smile.... Polyester i am sure..

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Pretty sure mine is cheap silk from China. scared to wash it because one side is champagne colored and the other black...with the embroidered dragon on it.

MartySQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 07:36 PM   #49689

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
Fine, but what the heck is Tim doing???
He's holding a Unicorn horn in one hand and modeling his after prom shorts that Steve loved so much!
Old 01-08-2016, 08:16 PM   #49690

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
He's holding a Unicorn horn in one hand and modeling his after prom shorts that Steve loved so much!
Was the Unicorn horn used for enhancing what girls thought to be in those shorts?

Speaking of small numbers I just filled up Gracie and updated the fuel consumption numbers in the GPS unit and its telling me she is getting 9.0 miles to an American gallon overall. Worst actual run was 6.25 miles per gallon when we traversed Crowsnest Pass on Highway 3 in south east BC and the best tank was 16.5 per gallon while we roamed south from Winterpeg, MB to Ohmaha, NB.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 08:41 PM   #49691

Quote:
Amazon....... Is where mine came from.... Also, Sue would nono you for calling them silk..... Smile.... Polyester i am sure..

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!

Silkeee, how about that instead? Mine is plain ole cotton, but it did come from Kyoto. It's red with cherry blossoms and cranes. Hasn't run in the wash yet, but I always put a Color Catcher in with it.

Real silk might well bleed, Marty, so you're wise to be wary. And yours is a beautiful kimono.
Old 01-08-2016, 09:25 PM   #49692

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Attachment 115955

TAMALES".......

Funny you should post this. We are have a tamale making party tomorrow! Mmmm
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 09:25 PM   #49693

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Silkeee, how about that instead? Mine is plain ole cotton, but it did come from Kyoto. It's red with cherry blossoms and cranes. Hasn't run in the wash yet, but I always put a Color Catcher in with it.

Real silk might well bleed, Marty, so you're wise to be wary. And yours is a beautiful kimono.
A color catcher? Where did you find that??? If you sprinkle the colors out on a canvas, do they form a rainbow.
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 09:49 PM   #49694

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Speaking of small numbers I just filled up Gracie and updated the fuel consumption numbers in the GPS unit and its telling me she is getting 9.0 miles to an American gallon overall. Worst actual run was 6.25 miles per gallon when we traversed Crowsnest Pass on Highway 3 in south east BC and the best tank was 16.5 per gallon while we roamed south from Winterpeg, MB to Ohmaha, NB.
Advice for driving on American gas. When you have a tank of that 6.25mpg it's best to drive around till you burn it out and then replace it with some of that 16.5 mpg stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
Funny you should post this. We are have a tamale making party tomorrow! Mmmm
Tim & Mary say ha ladies! Y'all going to be able to make it up to the M&MGC in Maine? Would be great to see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
A color catcher? Where did you find that??? If you sprinkle the colors out on a canvas, do they form a rainbow.
Ha Stevo we need to do a tie-dye shirt at one of the GCs
Old 01-08-2016, 10:00 PM   #49695

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Advice for driving on American gas. When you have a tank of that 6.25mpg it's best to drive around till you burn it out and then replace it with some of that 16.5 mpg stuff

Tim & Mary say ha ladies! Y'all going to be able to make it up to the M&MGC in Maine? Would be great to see you!

Ha Stevo we need to do a tie-dye shirt at one of the GCs
Excellent idea Tim.
Old 01-08-2016, 10:15 PM   #49696

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Excellent idea Tim.
Careful how you lavish praise on the Timster. It just might go to his head.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 10:43 PM   #49697

Quote:

Looks like a flyswatter but prettier. You can never get all the tiny shards of color out of it. 🌈
Old 01-08-2016, 10:46 PM   #49698
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
Mine says 2014 which makes me wonder, who doesn't have a date on theirs?
Well, if your name tage has 2014 in the lower right hand corner as you look at it, then 2014 is when you joined - unless i was wron,,,,,er...mistaken when I printed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Wyane has pictures on his website I think, but don't remember that link....
[...]
I don't publicize my we site but if anyone wishes to see anything on it send me an email.

Quote:

[...]

Stevo we need to do a tie-dye shirt at one of the GCs
Tim, just follow my lead at the next restaurant we eat at. The shirt have a tendency to tie-dye themselves. I have many shirt tie-dyed that way. (Drool, drool, drool)
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 10:49 PM   #49699

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
So it stopped raining long enough today that I got CR-VMutant to the Honda Dealership. Oil and filter changed, tires rotated, tranny drained, air filter and cabin filter. Don't ask?

I've ventured out 3 times in the past 5 days, dodging the rain when possible looking for a place to get a haircut. I have seen 5 or 6 that are out of business, and 2 that closed at 5 on a Friday. There was one place the other day with all chairs full and the waiting area too. Tough times for barbers and stylists I guess.

I managed to find the Sonora Quest Labs the other day and drove right by Papaw Steve and Mary Ann's park. Small world.

Found a Fry's market and went in for a look yesterday. Came out and my phone told me Jeff was in the area - 1 mile. So we now know where those mutants hide out when it rains.
Hey Papaw gonna give ya call tomorrow about a brunch Sunday with us and the Jeeps.
Here-
http://www.sunnysidebreakfastlounge.com/

They have Eggs Benedict and Bloody Mary's. I never had that. Maybe I should try it. Lol.

We still have things to get done and lots to see and do. But it will be here.
Old 01-08-2016, 11:00 PM   #49700

Packed in a light sprinkle all day today. Translation: loaded in the rain. Where have I heard that song before???

Overnighting in Da Florence tonight. First night. Not that we'll be able to find ANYthing we need in the morning....! Just a few things left to stash before we dash, so we're a tad behind schedule (or shed-yule, as Martin would say.)

Betsy has decided the safest place is between our feets on the bed. There are too many strange noises in the rigging (as it were) for a little cat to feel secure. Her big round Persian eyes stay dilated much of the time in here as she attempts to make sense of it all.

Just wait, Betsy, just you wait. The most exciting bit is yet to come! Universe closed; using Rainbow!

Cheers!