Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2013, 12:01 PM   #4971

Is it time for the new mutant line dance?

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2013, 12:05 PM   #4972

RVM 10 here. I have not checked in for a long time. Busy, busy. I had written about our truck problems and that we would not be able to go south this winter. Here is a follow-up. Still need to replace the turbo on the '07 Duramax dually. I did replace the two thermostats - boy was that a mistake! I put a wrong length bolt into the bottom of the oil filler tube and cracked the tube mount. I did not notice this until last week when I got the oil changed - the oil ran out as fast as the tech could pour it in. Cost me $823 to have the mount (which is part of the timing chain housing) replaced. Seems most of the gadgets on the front of the engine have to be removed to get to the cover.

We were suppose to meet 3 other couples (including wife's sister and her husband) at Tonopha, AZ (Saddle Mountain RV Park) this winter but that is out. Sister is upset that she doesn't get to spend winter together.

I guess I will have to hook up the snow plow to the ATV.

Sympathy is appreciated - I'm tired of self-pity!
Dick Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:09 PM   #4973

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEFFY View Post
We have a 94 Allegro and miss many things that we don't need and I'm sure that BobJoanFla, driving an 86 Bounder will be missing and not needing a lot of stuff, the biggest is probably a monthly payment.

I think they would be an excellent addition to our off-beat group. BUT do they realize that they have to post at least 4 times a day and Heaven help them if they're off line for a month, like us, It's almost impossible to catch up.
It isn't often that the RVM Membership Committee is impressed enough with an application to send a PM requesting the missing bits of information. I was already familar with BobJoanFLA by reading and viewing the many pics of the mods they have done on their '86 Bounder. As a Bounder owner myself, I am always looking to read and review the what other Bounder owners are doing. Bob and Joan have dug into their RV Machine with a vengence. I especially like the use of a white "wrought iron" bed frame in the bedroom. If you mutants have any doubt as to what a mutant might do to make the machine "right" take a look at the Mods thread. These two have been busy.

Now if they can break away long enough to tell us they don't have dishwasher, electric dump valves, or whatever, and don't miss it, we can get on with issuing them RVM Number 53!! As Marty said woot woot... and hoot to boot.

Come on Bob and Joan.... the mutants are waiting.
RVM2
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:10 PM   #4974

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ah Dick, so sorry you are having troubles with your truck. we need more positive vibes n prayers here folks!
Old 10-21-2013, 12:19 PM   #4975

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Noble View Post
RVM 10 here. I have not checked in for a long time. Busy, busy. I had written about our truck problems and that we would not be able to go south this winter. Here is a follow-up. Still need to replace the turbo on the '07 Duramax dually. I did replace the two thermostats - boy was that a mistake! I put a wrong length bolt into the bottom of the oil filler tube and cracked the tube mount. I did not notice this until last week when I got the oil changed - the oil ran out as fast as the tech could pour it in. Cost me $823 to have the mount (which is part of the timing chain housing) replaced. Seems most of the gadgets on the front of the engine have to be removed to get to the cover.
Sounds like something I would do..., which is why I don't do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Noble View Post
We were suppose to meet 3 other couples (including wife's sister and her husband) at Tonopha, AZ (Saddle Mountain RV Park) this winter but that is out. Sister is upset that she doesn't get to spend winter together.

I guess I will have to hook up the snow plow to the ATV.

Sympathy is appreciated - I'm tired of self-pity!
Well, you could always invite them up for a snow plow party?

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:24 PM   #4976

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Steve, Yes, I certainly do have more hair than you do. Since you have lost my picture, and my wanting Herb to be able to identify me when I show up in Galveston, I am submitting my picture to insure that when someone meets me they will recognize my face. So here it is:
Okay Wayne you have a face only a mother could luv.... But we are still looking forward to our first mini curiosity with you and Earlene. We left a bright and beautiful La Porte to drive 40 miles south to enjoy the sun and turf and what did we get????

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3659586471.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	470.3 KB
ID:	48284

Gee thanks Mother Nature ....you really know how to rain on a parade! Guess Wayne and I can hover up in a bar while the girls go shopping or something. LOL......wait....two women shopping?.....too expensive! LOL
Old 10-21-2013, 12:28 PM   #4977

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
It isn't often that the RVM Membership Committee is impressed enough with an application to send a PM requesting the missing bits of information. I was already familar with BobJoanFLA by reading and viewing the many pics of the mods they have done on their '86 Bounder. As a Bounder owner myself, I am always looking to read and review the what other Bounder owners are doing. Bob and Joan have dug into their RV Machine with a vengence. I especially like the use of a white "wrought iron" bed frame in the bedroom. If you mutants have any doubt as to what a mutant might do to make the machine "right" take a look at the Mods thread. These two have been busy.

Now if they can break away long enough to tell us they don't have dishwasher, electric dump valves, or whatever, and don't miss it, we can get on with issuing them RVM Number 53!! As Marty said woot woot... and hoot to boot.

Come on Bob and Joan.... the mutants are waiting.
RVM2
I read about that MOD but I didn't make the connection. I thought the white iron (?) bed was the living end. Now Stephanie has been making noises about that but they'll have to be a lot louder and a lot more frequent.

That is a beeeeeeeeeeautiful mod to you carriage.
TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:31 PM   #4978

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Okay Wayne you have a face only a mother could luv.... But we are still looking forward to our first mini curiosity with you and Earlene. We left a bright and beautiful La Porte to drive 40 miles south to enjoy the sun and turf and what did we get????

Attachment 48284

Gee thanks Mother Nature ....you really know how to rain on a parade! Guess Wayne and I can hover up in a bar while the girls go shopping or something. LOL......wait....two women shopping?.....too expensive! LOL
Are ya'll going to Guidoes for dinner?
TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:32 PM   #4979
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post

Attachment 48284

Sounds good to me. Earlene loves playing cards on a rainy day. (Master Card, AMex, Visa, etc. - she just loves playing cards.)

I think it's nap time!!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:47 PM   #4980

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEFFY View Post
Are ya'll going to Guidoes for dinner?
It's been years once I last ate at Guidoes... Is the food still as good as it use to be?
Old 10-21-2013, 12:51 PM   #4981

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hey Sue,

If you want a really good homestyle breakfast go to the Cockadoodle Cafe, its right on the main drag there in Elkhart ......

Cheers !!!
Ok, so the Cock-A-Doodle Cafe it was, and very fine, too. It's an unassuming little place, but clean and friendly with yumcious breakfasts. Thank you for pointing us that direction.

We have eaten at the Mayberry several times, quite close to the Thor facility, and it's good, too. I just like variety.

Cheers!
Sue
Old 10-21-2013, 01:15 PM   #4982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Ok, so the Cock-A-Doodle Cafe it was, and very fine, too. It's an unassuming little place, but clean and friendly with yumcious breakfasts. Thank you for pointing us that direction.

We have eaten at the Mayberry several times, quite close to the Thor facility, and it's good, too. I just like variety.

Cheers!
Sue

hey Sue,

I am glad you liked it, when we were in Elkhart at MasterTech RV having some maintenance work done, they pointed us in that direction as well, and I really enjoyed it a bunch as did Marcia. Now I'll have to check out Mayberry when we go back, thanks for the tip.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:22 PM   #4983

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJoanFLA View Post
Okay, okay, enough already! Your constant nagging to become an official RV mutant has gotten to me. I confess, I have been a closet mutant for as long as I can remember. It is an addiction that may lay dormant for years and suddenly pop up to bite you again and again. Started 50 years ago when my parents took us camping and I have been infected ever since. Went through all the stages, tent, pop-up, class b, class c and finally now to the final stage, class A. Have lived with that nagging feeling that somehow I was different, I never cared about the destination, only about getting there. This dry(my DW calls it warped) sense of humor and never caring about keeping up with the Jones(my apologies to any Jones in the audience). Today I am coming out and declaring - I am an RV Mutant!! I don't know what number you are on and frankly I don't care!! Just get me a number to ease my mind about all the years I have denied what I really was.

And now a brief pause to gather my composier and be polite as my parents taught me. Ok all better now.........

It has come to my attention that I may well be a good candidate for your prestigious organization. I do hearby humbly submit my application for membership in your fine club. I can forward more information about my qualifications but I believe the above ranting and raving statement should be sufficient. Please RSVP your final decision as soon as you have finish conducting your procedure for inducting new members. Also you may e-mail me with your secret handshake or password or whatever you use as soon as possible. Thank you for your quick and hopefully positive reply.

Bob and Joan
Hello Bob & Joan,

I am quite positive, or at least sure that you will fit right in with this eclectic group of mutants, but I have to ask you, do you like BACON and do you have BACON recipes and can you pat your head and rub your stomach at the same time, and do you ever have ponderances that just need to be pondered by a fellow group of ponderers?
Welcome to the group to you.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:26 PM   #4984

I'm a little too tired to think clearly, so I guess this is all preponderance.

Almost home and ready to be so! The tree colors along the way have been lovely, and I had time to finally ketchup w/ y'all's ponderings and smarty remarks. And even knit a little, too.

Just to let y'all know, I ordered 4 barrels of monkeys the other day. I yam prepaired. Will autograph each with #36 when they come so we will be ready to endorse any appropriate entity.

Approaching S&B via the north lane.et the offloading begin!

Cheers!
Sue