Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2016, 12:02 PM   #50121

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
So my son took a couple pics of granpa Bob and Robbie's adventures yesterday...one is a game called fly through the sky handed down through generations....and the other is the train ride into town to get an ornament(what 2 year old uses 'ornament' in it's conversation?!?)

What great pics, and sweet, sweet memories.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2016, 12:08 PM   #50122

Children's book illustrated by my grand daughter

Don't know any details yet, but DG's book (Camels Don't Need Fancy Gowns) will soon be ready for purchase. To get the best profit from the book for the author and illustrator, please purchase the book from me when the time comes to order..

I'm hoping to bring some to Tucson but that is a faint hope. They would need to be shipped to my GD, signed by my GD, and then shipped to me in AZ. That's a really tight time line since I don't even know when shipments are going to begin.

Worse comes to worse, I will get the signed books and you can tell me where to ship them to, I can hold them for our rendezvous in April, or I can deliver it to those still in Arizona. The cost of the hardcovered book will be in the area of $24.00 + $3.00 shipping.

Let me know if you are interested and how many you want. I will see that they get to you somehow. (When I get them and shipment is imminent, full timers need to tell me where and when to send the book)

There's no mutant obligation to purchase a book illustrated by someone you don't know and probably won't meet. Just following up on interest that was expressed earlier.

Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 01:14 PM   #50123
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89

Location: Somewhere on the Rainbow. Fulltiming and lovin' it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Heya, Mel! I love NM. You still own your place up there? Now I'm officially green!

My introduction to NM was a visit to my future, now former, husband and in laws in Las Cruces. The view out the guest room windows was straight up into the Organ Mtns.

Much later, when FDH and I lived in El Paso, a drive up into the mountains was a special treat. ('Specially since I'm basically a flatlander. �� ) It's still a special treat. Most any mountains, I'm not picky.

Wish we could be at your great Curiosity in April, but I expect to see y'all somewhere along the rainbow another time. Glad to hear you're recovering so well. (And I know it's largely because you've worked so hard at it.) You'll be skipping along like a kid before ya know it!

Cheers!
Girl, where in the world have you NOT been?!!!

Yep, we still own the NM home. 7 years now. Love, love, love it there! We've enjoyed many a weekend there, as well as many holidays and vacation weeks. But we just this past October put a full time renter in it - a retired, single nurse wanted to live in the mountains for a while. (Who could blame her? It's where we prefer to be!) She will help fund our upcoming journey.

We've had a full time renter in our Colorado home for 3 years now. Again, will help fund our upcoming journey!

We'll miss you in April, but no doubt will run into you out there on the Rainbow one of these days. Who knows when Bow will want to take a detour through the lovely state of Illinois? I only hope it's not when you and Martin are in jolly old England!

Rehab is going GREAT. Those exercises work miracles ... if'n you do 'em. And you know I have a powerful motivator to do 'em.

Hugs all 'round to our Mutant friends in Tucson! We're a tad green ... but then, we'll get to see a lot of you STMs at Dead Horse. CAN HARDLY WAIT!!! (Dennis, you're not going to make that LONG journey from BC to AZ just to turn around and go back to the frozen tundra before we meet you at Dead Horse, are you ...)
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 01:19 PM   #50124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Don't know any details yet, but DG's book (Camels Don't Need Fancy Gowns) will soon be ready for purchase. ....
I'm hoping to bring some to Tucson but that is a faint hope. ....

Very cool, Steve! I'd really like to see the illustrations at the least. Congratulations again to your DGD on her accomplishment.

Cheers!
Old 01-18-2016, 01:22 PM   #50125

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Very cool, Steve! I'd really like to see the illustrations at the least. Congratulations again to your DGD on her accomplishment.

Cheers!
X2!
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 01:24 PM   #50126
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
But it could ha been vitals.... Like in Arkansas, when they predict snow, everyone goes to the store to buy up milk and bread......

Vitals in my mind are a supply of chocolate.....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Yep. Chocolate is a food group. You just really need it to stay healthy. Now I've talked myself into making some triple chocolate brownies. (Milk, dark and bittersweet chocolate chunks all mixed in .... yum.)
Old 01-18-2016, 01:28 PM   #50127

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
We'll miss you in April, but no doubt will run into you out there on the Rainbow one of these days. Who knows when Bow will want to take a detour through the lovely state of Illinois? I only hope it's not when you and Martin are in jolly old England!

Rehab ....

There'll come a day....! And if Illinois calls to you, we can offer a pretty passable RV parking spot, plus tour guides, or even an indoor guest suite.

As for rehab and the efficacy of the exercises ... I was an Occupational Therapist in a previous life, so I do know. You and Barb are pretty much Stars!

Cheers!
Old 01-18-2016, 01:33 PM   #50128
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89

Quote:

Cheers!
x3!
Old 01-18-2016, 01:34 PM   #50129

A hitch in our gitalong --

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1453145357.401767.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	116771

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1453145377.035919.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	116772

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1453145401.821326.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	116773

I'll still be trying to organize cupboards when Martin gets back with the loaner. But then we get to move off this highway area and down into the park proper. Can we say "easy beach access"? Oh yeah. Too cool to swim, but good walking.

Right. Back to work. 🙄

Cheers!
Old 01-18-2016, 01:38 PM   #50130

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
A hitch in our gitalong --

Attachment 116771

Attachment 116772

Attachment 116773

I'll still be trying to organize cupboards when Martin gets back with the loaner. But then we get to move off this highway area and down into the park proper. Can we say "easy beach access"? Oh yeah. Too cool to swim, but good walking.

Right. Back to work. 🙄

Cheers!
So any idea what the issue is?
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 03:36 PM   #50131

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
So any idea what the issue is?

Not yet. Martin just got back.

We can now post in The Village Idiot over on Curtis' place. <hiding>
Old 01-18-2016, 03:59 PM   #50132

Pics or it didn't happen? Ok,? I won't post any and maybe it won't have happened. 😳
Old 01-18-2016, 05:03 PM   #50133

Vintage RV Owners Club
Sue, Looked over there for the story, didn't see it...
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 05:12 PM   #50134

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Pics or it didn't happen? Ok,? I won't post any and maybe it won't have happened. 😳

Wayne told me I had to post pics, and we all know we hafta do whatever Wayne says. Except for Earlene, maybe. Probably.

Pulling out to change sites, Martin suddenly stood us on our nose when he realized he hadn't unhooked. We had unhooked, alright, just not in the approved manner.

We didn't break the Power Tower in half, but the maintenance man took it apart to get to the shutoff valve in the bottom. We did, however, break off the spigot and pipe.

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1453158097.206266.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	116780

The whole park was w/o power and water.

Back together at last.

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1453158444.583561.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	116781

This little guy was in the driveway, looking totally befuddled and lost. Cold and sluggish, he lay contentedly warming in my hand until I put him in the sun at the base of a palm tree.

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1453158657.437339.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	116782

Lordy what a day. Think I'll just go back to bed!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1453158043.049926.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	116779  

« Endless Tale Game | - »