Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2016, 10:35 PM   #50149

Fleetwood Owners Club
Gosh, I thought adult coloring books were just dirty pictures!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2016, 10:39 PM   #50150

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Barb, progressive marketing. Tell them they want and need and wow, they want and need.

We are preparing to head to Yuma in the morning and plan to pester er visit with Nola and wuzzizname.

Mini C with fearless leader has to be bit of a treat n'est ce pas.

Got a fantastic picture of the sunset this evening and was going to upload it to the net but can't find my handy dandy super duper card reader so it will have to wait.

Party on dudes.

(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 10:46 PM   #50151

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The Possuman Commeth.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 10:52 PM   #50152

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Ok this doesn't happen often but I have a serious question for you mutants, most especially those with major damage to their coaches at the hail of a GC. I had National Interstate Insurance through Good Sams and following the hail damage where they didn't cover complete cost of damage repair they jumped my rate up by over $800 annually. Needles to say I'm shopping for new insurance.

Papa Steve I remember you seemed happy with State Farm but will any others tell me who they use, were you happy in how they handled your claim and did they jump your rates? If you don't want to post here feel free to pm me. Thanks Tim
We have GEICO insurance well over 7 k damage by hail rate is the same it was a act of god. Cut the check 2 days after hail and brought it to us. Even gave us a rent a car for 9 days and hotel for a week. We have full-timer insurance and full coverage on everything with a 500 buck deductible. We love Geico.

RVM48
Dwayne & Shara is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 11:19 PM   #50153
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
We have GEICO insurance well over 7 k damage by hail rate is the same it was a act of god. Cut the check 2 days after hail and brought it to us. Even gave us a rent a car for 9 days and hotel for a week. We have full-timer insurance and full coverage on everything with a 500 buck deductible. We love Geico.
Dwayne. I have an aversion to doing giving $ to companies that put insulting commercials on TV. (Yes, I watch too much TV) Geico is one of the worst offenders. If they were using any group of humans other than "cavemen" they would be sued out of business for discrimination. And don't get me started on the talking gecko.

I'm glad they have been good to you. I'm rather opinionated about that, too.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 11:38 PM   #50154

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
The Possuman Commeth.

Yikes! Hide the pie!
Old 01-18-2016, 11:57 PM   #50155

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
It's an Ommmm experience for Annie. As Mike used to say, Google is your friend. And if ya want a real shock, price the pencils.

My dad went to "Art School" and was capable of drawing about anything. But, he didn't like being told what to draw or otherwise produce. Quit "Art School". I guess he didn't think getting the "official" foundation was important. Or maybe he just wanted to keep his artistic talents as a leisurely pass time. But for whatever reason, he didn't want to color inside the lines.

I suspect those of us who grew up with coloring books, colored pencils and remember our first box of 64 with sharpener in the back, could easily slip into a place we haven't been in a while.

There is something about smells which triggers memories, and crayons have a distinct odor. For some people, it brings back happy times and places in life.
Rather mutant to not color inside of the lines, not like being told to color inside the lines... There is a poster where I get my hair done that gave me the courage to go funky color with my 'shrop' as my boys call it...all it says is 'Color Outside the Lines' and I do believe it is part of my mantra now!
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 12:09 AM   #50156

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
There is something about smells which triggers memories, and crayons have a distinct odor. For some people, it brings back happy times and places in life.
Rather mutant to not color inside of the lines, not like being told to color inside the lines... There is a poster where I get my hair done that gave me the courage to go funky color with my 'shrop' as my boys call it...all it says is 'Color Outside the Lines' and I do believe it is part of my mantra now!
I went to school with a guy who had a hell of a time drawing or producing art on the demand of the art teacher. When he completed school he went on to a life of doing what he wanted to do, painting pictures.
It is hard for some to fathom the Ken Danby routinely failed art class in highschool.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Danby
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 12:20 AM   #50157
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89

Location: Somewhere on the Rainbow. Fulltiming and lovin' it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Sluice valves were at least shut!

Here's an unrelated/sorta related thought: shouldn't there be a movie or a series called "The Thetford Wives"? Mel, help me out here!
I like it. We'll talk with writers. Oh, wait ... we ARE the writers.
Right brain engaging ....
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 12:27 AM   #50158
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Ponder -- What's behind the adult coloring book movement? I've seen 3 TV commercials in the last 2 hours from 3 different companies. Have non-RVers figured out the value of doing things they did as kids? Why coloring books?

I never bought coloring books for my daughter or the kids I had in my in home daycare. I gave them plain paper and let them be creative. I guess I have never been a color inside the lines type.
Barb, you have a monkey. There aren't even any lines for you to color in.

Of course, the same could be said for Annie, Earlene, Nola, and Denise, to name a few ... and very soon, Kate.
Old 01-19-2016, 12:39 AM   #50159
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Wayne told me I had to post pics, and we all know we hafta do whatever Wayne says. Except for Earlene, maybe. Probably.

Pulling out to change sites, Martin suddenly stood us on our nose when he realized he hadn't unhooked. We had unhooked, alright, just not in the approved manner.

We didn't break the Power Tower in half, but the maintenance man took it apart to get to the shutoff valve in the bottom. We did, however, break off the spigot and pipe.

Attachment 116780

The whole park was w/o power and water.

Back together at last.

Attachment 116781

This little guy was in the driveway, looking totally befuddled and lost. Cold and sluggish, he lay contentedly warming in my hand until I put him in the sun at the base of a palm tree.

Attachment 116782

Lordy what a day. Think I'll just go back to bed!
Given what has been happening, Sue, that may be your best option.
Ommmmmms headed your way.
Your fortunes will surely change!
Old 01-19-2016, 07:09 AM   #50160

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Dwayne. I have an aversion to doing giving $ to companies that put insulting commercials on TV. (Yes, I watch too much TV) Geico is one of the worst offenders. If they were using any group of humans other than "cavemen" they would be sued out of business for discrimination. And don't get me started on the talking gecko.

I'm glad they have been good to you. I'm rather opinionated about that, too.
First you know we love ya girl. But their commercials are comedy. Some in poor taste? sure ! But it is to make you remember it. And it worked. Heck I offend people every day. With out even trying. But I just go to who will take care of us. Customer service is very important to me. Well that and cost. But we have 3 things covered by them and we pay 200 a month with full coverage on all and full-timers and a 500 deductible. So if their commercial offends people it ok freedom of speech. I love our Constitution.

RVM48
Dwayne & Shara is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 07:39 AM   #50161
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
I love the Geico Gecko. Great animation in the commercials.

I don't love Gecko's in my place of residence chirpin away all night though.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1453210766.432619.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	116823
Old 01-19-2016, 09:40 AM   #50162
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogpatch View Post
I love the Geico Gecko. Great animation in the commercials.

I don't love Gecko's in my place of residence chirpin away all night though.

Attachment 116823
Awwwww, Les. But he's so cute!