Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-01-2016, 09:29 AM   #50905

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Brrr. Who brought the wind and cold with em... Brrr...

Edit - and freezing rain pellets???

flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2016, 09:32 AM   #50906

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
The skies have opened and the wind, rain and thunder is arockin' this ole house. Lily is plastered to my side shaking -- she hates loud noises unless they come out of my mouth. Those demands to stop barking she ignores.

According to the Radarscope app, Phoenix is under a severe thunderstorm warning, but it looks like Tucson isn't getting much. At least no hail cores on radar, just heavy rain.

I got treated to the sounds of the Tucson dinner out tonight. About 8:15 Possum butt dialed me. I much would have rather tasted than heard dinner tonight. Oh well, next time.

Too funny! You know he luvs ya when....

You're still in one piece this morning? One heckuva storm, wasn't it? Our coach felt like a kite at the beach, yanked about this way and that. We pulled in the long windward slide overnight.

More wind is forecast for 2:00, not that it isn't still a bit breezy. At least the kite can settle!

Hope the shoeing goes well this morning. The better it goes, the sooner we see you.

Cheers!

Old 02-01-2016, 09:37 AM   #50907

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Oh, yeah! Many thanks. Now we just need healing ommmmms for Kates older son, Brian. He is having a kidney removed tomorrow. Kate is there now (Dallas) and will stay till Tuesday afternoon, barring any complications.

x 2. Y'all stay safe!

Ditto for Kate & Mel.

Is it hard to find propane???

More Ommms on the way for Brian, Kate, and fam. Continuing for you, too, and the house sale as well.

Cheers!
Old 02-01-2016, 10:01 AM   #50908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Wasn't it Tim who wanted to do the Nekked Bungy Jump in Nanaimo, BC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Is that a drag strip between us! Funny cars!!

It can be we can do whatever we want they like us here.

Quote:
Thanks for the update Wayne. The wind has arrived here in AJ, and looks like it will be a little breezy tomorrow for the drive down.

So hasn't this same thing happened to you before Wayne. You go to one place and half your group goes to another??? I know it's recorded here ^^^ somewhere. Are you shooting to be nicknamed Wrong Way Wayne.

I found a place with easy access to propane ($2.69 per Geesh) right down the road. Will stop on the way out of town.

propane 2.39 right down the road.

Quote:
Brrr. Who brought the wind and cold with em... Brrr...

Edit - and freezing rain pellets???
I thought hell was freezing over and here comes flagship.

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 10:05 AM   #50909
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Here is the real story:

Standing around outside it was decided to go to at Texas Roadhouse. There were two of them on the APP and the one on Wilmot Rd was the most dicussed because it was the closer of the two.

There were 11 going out to dinner and as we proceeded down the highway something happened and 4 ended up going to #2, while 7 ended up going to #1 on Wilmot.

The end results of course is that each group had as much fun as the other group with one exception. I asked for a military discount and the entire group got the discount. Lucky Possum and DW got complementary appetizer tickets because it was their first time in a Texas Roadhouse AND they received a 20% discount.

It was a fun evening as every evening with a bunch of Mutants always ends up.

Wayne.... It was not the closer, the one on Wilmot was 4 miles further, and Shara who had chosen said she was starving, said lets go to the closest.... I was just trying to be sweet......... We got in immdiately when we turned out to just be the younger group of mutants.... Not the old hard hearing/headed geezers....... But i love old people..... Love you Wayne....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 10:09 AM   #50910
RVM1

I will hibernate this morning and make a trip for more cold meds about mid day. Want to be my best for the rush of arrivals!
Wayne, you are just uniquely gifted in certain Mutant ways. It's nice to have our round teddy bear in camp!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 10:47 AM   #50911

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
What is this in my chair... ??? Arizona Ice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1454345217884.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	117910  
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 10:52 AM   #50912

Quote:

And snow on those mountains over yonder too. C'mon down, the water's fine...a bit hard, maybe.
Old 02-01-2016, 10:54 AM   #50913
RVM1

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:

Rainbow dust!
Update: there will be a nap before we go to town. (Go to town? Tonto always got beat up when he went to town).
Safe travels for youse valley folks

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 11:05 AM   #50914

Pretty is as pretty does.

So yesterday evening, we heard and felt a bump in the coach. Maybe the wind whipping the slide toppers. Thought no more about it.

At supper, Martin looked across toward the kitchen and gasped ... the left support for the microwave had detached itself from the coach wall.

He's figured out a fix to keep it in place till we get back to Elkhart. Can you imagine the microwave falling as we were driving??? Bella lost a ceiling light fixture that way once. Scared the hoohah out of us!

"Cardboard" email (a stiff letter) sent to Thor, cc to our dealer's repair dept. and to our salesman. Two replies this morning early, neither of them from Thor.

Pretty is as pretty does. 🙄
Old 02-01-2016, 11:06 AM   #50915
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Feb Birthdays

8 - PT jeep....... Jeff
8 - Bev Redmond
3 - Moonbeam Lynne
13 - Annie Flagg

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Old 02-01-2016, 11:13 AM   #50916
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Rainbow dust!
Update: there will be a nap before we go to town. (Go to town? Tonto always got beat up when he went to town).
Safe travels for youse valley folks

Hey sweetie.... If you read this... I need a small jar of sliced Jalapenos..... I made a spread with DATES, bacon and cream cheese, but need some jalepenos.... Would ya get me one...... Please.....

Old 02-01-2016, 11:13 AM   #50917
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Thanks for the update Wayne. The wind has arrived here in AJ, and looks like it will be a little breezy tomorrow for the drive down.

So hasn't this same thing happened to you before Wayne. You go to one place and half your group goes to another??? I know it's recorded here ^^^ somewhere. Are you shooting to be nicknamed Wrong Way Wayne.

I found a place with easy access to propane ($2.69 per Geesh) right down the road. Will stop on the way out of town.
No no! It was Herb that went to the wrong place. Jeannie, Dave, Bob, Stefanie, and us went to the right place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
The skies have opened and the wind, rain and thunder is arockin' this ole house. Lily is plastered to my side shaking -- she hates loud noises unless they come out of my mouth. Those demands to stop barking she ignores.

According to the Radarscope app, Phoenix is under a severe thunderstorm warning, but it looks like Tucson isn't getting much. At least no hail cores on radar, just heavy rain.

I got treated to the sounds of the Tucson dinner out tonight. About 8:15 Possum butt dialed me. I much would have rather tasted than heard dinner tonight. Oh well, next time.
Ha ha! and ROLF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Too funny! You know he luvs ya when....

You're still in one piece this morning? One heckuva storm, wasn't it? Our coach felt like a kite at the beach, yanked about this way and that. We pulled in the long windward slide overnight.

More wind is forecast for 2:00, not that it isn't still a bit breezy. At least the kite can settle!

Hope the shoeing goes well this morning. The better it goes, the sooner we see you.

Cheers!
We also closed up the big slide and what a rocking wind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Wayne.... It was not the closer, the one on Wilmot was 4 miles further, and Shara who had chosen said she was starving, said lets go to the closest.... I was just trying to be sweet......... We got in immdiately when we turned out to just be the younger group of mutants.... Not the old hard hearing/headed geezers....... But i love old people..... Love you Wayne....

Okay, here it is. Three cars, Barry leading, Larry second, and us last. So we are traveling down the road and my GPS says to exit. Well, apparently Barry's GPS said the same thing so he exited. I did one of the wheel jerks and made up my mind to follow Larry. About 6 miles more down the road my GPS is telling me to take the exit. I did and Larry kept going. So now we have the three vehicles going three separate ways. We followed our GPS and hooked up with Barry's car full of people (3) and by phone found out that Larry went the wrong way ---- to the other place.

It is what it is and then it is what you make of it. We all made the best of it.

So there! Perfect story.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 01:32 PM   #50918
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZCRUDE View Post
Wheelbarrow races !

Colleen, traveling with Don (KSCrude RVM#17) & Mr. Malone
Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum

We waited for you to give us the tour.... Saw you come in this morning..... It was early...