Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-06-2016, 11:53 PM   #51185
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89

Location: Somewhere on the Rainbow. Fulltiming and lovin' it!
Our wonderful niece Allison Berry and our friend Betsy Blaney are throwing a dual-purpose party in our honor: a retirement party and celebration of our marriage, all at the same time. After 21 year's, we were able to make it official in 2013, but never had a reception or party or anything. Allison and Betsy want to correct that. And any Mutants who might be in the neighborhood around Feb. 27 are invited!

The knees felt strong enough today to meet the challenge of the Mall. We went to Dillard's to shop for some outer-Rainbow attire. I've lost enough weight to need some new jeans and shirts and Kate wants a wardrobe that requires NO ironing. We had a ball looking at and trying on stuff. Left with enough things for Kate to feel happy about a no-iron wardrobe. We made a good start on it, anyway. We are downsizing like crazy! Not keeping clothes that our new Rainbow-riding clothes are replacing. It's give it away or throw it away. We are taking it down to the essentials. So, Steve, do we have the right idea here? Do I need to sneak a travel iron on board? I'm thinking YES.

Question: Anyone gonna be in southwest South Dakota in early to mid July??? We have a reservation at Custer State Park for July 7-14. In case any Mutants will be in the area, we would love to have a mini or midi with youse!

Marty, for some reason I thought you were going to get go to Tucson. Where did I get that idea?!

G'night Mutants.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2016, 03:22 AM   #51186

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Our wonderful niece Allison Berry and our friend Betsy Blaney are throwing a dual-purpose party in our honor: a retirement party and celebration of our marriage, all at the same time. After 21 year's, we were able to make it official in 2013, but never had a reception or party or anything. Allison and Betsy want to correct that. And any Mutants who might be in the neighborhood around Feb. 27 are invited!

The knees felt strong enough today to meet the challenge of the Mall. We went to Dillard's to shop for some outer-Rainbow attire. I've lost enough weight to need some new jeans and shirts and Kate wants a wardrobe that requires NO ironing. We had a ball looking at and trying on stuff. Left with enough things for Kate to feel happy about a no-iron wardrobe. We made a good start on it, anyway. We are downsizing like crazy! Not keeping clothes that our new Rainbow-riding clothes are replacing. It's give it away or throw it away. We are taking it down to the essentials. So, Steve, do we have the right idea here? Do I need to sneak a travel iron on board? I'm thinking YES.

Question: Anyone gonna be in southwest South Dakota in early to mid July??? We have a reservation at Custer State Park for July 7-14. In case any Mutants will be in the area, we would love to have a mini or midi with youse!

Marty, for some reason I thought you were going to get go to Tucson. Where did I get that idea?!

G'night Mutants.
Hey you... Good news from youse! We have a full ironing board - tossed the table top ironing board on the table in the laundry at the RV Park in Montrose, Co. Full sized iron as well. Not often used but sometimes needed.

So we'll continue the celebration at Dead Horse!

I will never mention this to you again, there are many ways to go forward, but only one way to remain still.

G'night all.

flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 08:33 AM   #51187

Vintage RV Owners Club
No, Mel... I had stuff I had to do in my other hobby/job committments. When you make your hobbies your work, well... it gets complicated when you get too many hobbies that conflict! We had our Master Gardener Awards ceremony last night. I wasn't sure when the planning was being done if I was still going to be stuck serving as the president of the board for that, or if I was going to have to be the Master of Ceremonies for that event.
I also have a commitment to my critter care clients that are long standing clients... They leave mid week next week for their vacation and put the dogs in a doggy spa while they are gone, but they have a dozen cats I care for when they are gone. The dogs, I have no back up person to trade with for care, the cats I do. Timing just didn't work out to get to AZ. (they had a Great Dane and a pit mix, and folks are sometimes scared of those. They had to put the Great Dane down as he bit his mommy twice in 2 weeks... never gave me trouble, but this was sort of out of the blue, so they thought it might be a brain tumor or something... However, they still have the pit mix, who is very sweet, but many folks are scared of the breed, so it's hard to find backup. They now have a really cute Great Dane/Lab mix puppy, along with the pit mix and another Great Dane/ pointer/ Brittany spaniel mix. Can ya tell I luv my critter care jobs? LOL!
I think I am trying to decide if I want to go to Maine or to Glacier Park this summer... it's almost the same amount of driving for us. Actually, Bob says... "that's a long ways!" With eyes aghast... he only does a week well in "the box" and then he is ready to be home. I may go solo if he doesn't want to go that long. If I go to Glacier Park, I'll caravan with friends, but If I go to Maine, I'll drag him along and we'll have to stop and stay in a Motel somewhere for a couple days along the way there and back. I have relatives on the East coast I would want to stop in and see, some of my mom's close cousins who are getting older.
MartySQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 09:31 AM   #51188
RVM1

How Grand of a Grand Curiosity was it? Here's a pic of a few of the attendees. You know who you are!
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1454859093.006531.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	134.1 KB
ID:	118490

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 09:53 AM   #51189
RVM1

Thru the cold of this week, early in the day folks are so bundled up that you recognize who they are by looking at the dog that is walking the person.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 09:55 AM   #51190
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Thru the cold of this week, early in the day folks are so bundled up that you recognize who they are by looking at the dog that is walking the person.

Yes....... Or in my case dogS.....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 10:42 AM   #51191

Tiffin Owners Club
Sounds like everyone had such a great time - I wish Stephanie and I could have been there.

On my last physical they found a very small prostate cancer. We're waiting three months for another PSA test to be sure how fast it's growing. It's so small the Doc says I'm not a canadate for removal. Right now he says it would take 15 - 20 years for it to do me in. For those of you that know what it means, my Gleason number is 6. I wanted to go to M D Anderson in Houston for a second opinion but my HMO doesn't work with them.

I was called into the office the other day and offered a part time job as "in charge of maintance" for the four buses that the school owns. We were elated as it would increase our income by 50%. That was Monday - Friday I was called into the office and told that I couldn't drive the students any more because I'd just turned 75 (12/13) and the insurance company wanted a $4,500.00 premium increase just to insure me. I'm so glad that we have no age discrimination in this country. So much for a record of over 1,000,000 miles without a chargeable accident and no tickets or infraction in over 30 years.

Stephanie and I are thinking about selling some of our "future income" stock, chucking my part time job and leaving. School will be out in May and that would be a good time to go to the Maritimes and New England. Their are also some Polish, German, and Scandinavian festivals in the upper mid-west (Wisc, Ohio, and western Pa.) that we would like to go to. We're not going to sell the house as we would become Winter Texans and could stay here cheaper then down in the valley.

Have a blessed day
TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 11:56 AM   #51192

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hi Bob. HI Stephie!
So wish you could have joined us.
Old 02-07-2016, 12:06 PM   #51193

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEFFY View Post
Sounds like everyone had such a great time - I wish Stephanie and I could have been there.

On my last physical they found a very small prostate cancer. We're waiting three months for another PSA test to be sure how fast it's growing. It's so small the Doc says I'm not a canadate for removal. Right now he says it would take 15 - 20 years for it to do me in. For those of you that know what it means, my Gleason number is 6. I wanted to go to M D Anderson in Houston for a second opinion but my HMO doesn't work with them.

I was called into the office the other day and offered a part time job as "in charge of maintance" for the four buses that the school owns. We were elated as it would increase our income by 50%. That was Monday - Friday I was called into the office and told that I couldn't drive the students any more because I'd just turned 75 (12/13) and the insurance company wanted a $4,500.00 premium increase just to insure me. I'm so glad that we have no age discrimination in this country. So much for a record of over 1,000,000 miles without a chargeable accident and no tickets or infraction in over 30 years.

Stephanie and I are thinking about selling some of our "future income" stock, chucking my part time job and leaving. School will be out in May and that would be a good time to go to the Maritimes and New England. Their are also some Polish, German, and Scandinavian festivals in the upper mid-west (Wisc, Ohio, and western Pa.) that we would like to go to. We're not going to sell the house as we would become Winter Texans and could stay here cheaper then down in the valley.

Have a blessed day
Bob, ohms being sent your way for an excellent outcome on your future tests. Second opinions are always the way to go when you're talking about life threatening ailments. Sounds like you're on the right road with the right doctors.

Say hi to Teffy for us. Your being here in AZ would have been an added joy.

When you're roaming across the midwest, give us a call in Indiana.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 12:19 PM   #51194

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Pic tells it all

As the sayin' goes . . . if there's no pic, it didn't happen Well, here's Wayne at the restaurant last night, wearing his new gift!!! Earlene is now so HAPPY, since she won't have to wash Wayne's shirts after each meal..
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3743 (2).JPG
Views:	32
Size:	272.3 KB
ID:	118507  
Old 02-07-2016, 01:33 PM   #51195

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mutantism - the epitome of nonconformism.

Something I've pondered most of the last week.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 03:48 PM   #51196

Marty asked about the silk fusion class, so here, belatedly, are some pics. (I haven't caught everyone yet, but will try.)

Nola:

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1454881347.574012.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	118514

Denise:

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1454881388.840775.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	118515

Diane:

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1454881425.550140.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	118516

Shara:

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1454881475.198023.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	118517

The flat pieces of silk paper would have been better if the teacher ...ahem! ... had remembered the last step. They are still all lovely, and the covered gourds worked well.
Old 02-07-2016, 04:45 PM   #51197

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Rebecca Dickey author of The Crowded Camper goes to Little Rock donated an autographed copy to RV Mutants via flagship1. He has passed it to us,we'll pass it on when we meet up again with other Mutants.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1454885096.079390.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	118519Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1454885116.811084.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	118520

Barry and Pat, RVM114
Old 02-07-2016, 06:15 PM   #51198

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGA2016 View Post
Rebecca Dickey author of The Crowded Camper goes to Little Rock donated an autographed copy to RV Mutants via flagship1. He has passed it to us,we'll pass it on when we meet up again with other Mutants.Attachment 118519Attachment 118520

Barry and Pat, RVM114
Barry... Excellent!!