Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-06-2016, 11:53 PM   #51185
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89
 
MPH's Avatar


 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Somewhere on the Rainbow. Fulltiming and lovin' it!
Posts: 1,938
Our wonderful niece Allison Berry and our friend Betsy Blaney are throwing a dual-purpose party in our honor: a retirement party and celebration of our marriage, all at the same time. After 21 year's, we were able to make it official in 2013, but never had a reception or party or anything. Allison and Betsy want to correct that. And any Mutants who might be in the neighborhood around Feb. 27 are invited!

The knees felt strong enough today to meet the challenge of the Mall. We went to Dillard's to shop for some outer-Rainbow attire. I've lost enough weight to need some new jeans and shirts and Kate wants a wardrobe that requires NO ironing. We had a ball looking at and trying on stuff. Left with enough things for Kate to feel happy about a no-iron wardrobe. We made a good start on it, anyway. We are downsizing like crazy! Not keeping clothes that our new Rainbow-riding clothes are replacing. It's give it away or throw it away. We are taking it down to the essentials. So, Steve, do we have the right idea here? Do I need to sneak a travel iron on board? I'm thinking YES.

Question: Anyone gonna be in southwest South Dakota in early to mid July??? We have a reservation at Custer State Park for July 7-14. In case any Mutants will be in the area, we would love to have a mini or midi with youse!

Marty, for some reason I thought you were going to get go to Tucson. Where did I get that idea?!

G'night Mutants.
__________________

__________________
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2016, 03:22 AM   #51186
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Our wonderful niece Allison Berry and our friend Betsy Blaney are throwing a dual-purpose party in our honor: a retirement party and celebration of our marriage, all at the same time. After 21 year's, we were able to make it official in 2013, but never had a reception or party or anything. Allison and Betsy want to correct that. And any Mutants who might be in the neighborhood around Feb. 27 are invited!

The knees felt strong enough today to meet the challenge of the Mall. We went to Dillard's to shop for some outer-Rainbow attire. I've lost enough weight to need some new jeans and shirts and Kate wants a wardrobe that requires NO ironing. We had a ball looking at and trying on stuff. Left with enough things for Kate to feel happy about a no-iron wardrobe. We made a good start on it, anyway. We are downsizing like crazy! Not keeping clothes that our new Rainbow-riding clothes are replacing. It's give it away or throw it away. We are taking it down to the essentials. So, Steve, do we have the right idea here? Do I need to sneak a travel iron on board? I'm thinking YES.

Question: Anyone gonna be in southwest South Dakota in early to mid July??? We have a reservation at Custer State Park for July 7-14. In case any Mutants will be in the area, we would love to have a mini or midi with youse!

Marty, for some reason I thought you were going to get go to Tucson. Where did I get that idea?!

G'night Mutants.
Hey you... Good news from youse! We have a full ironing board - tossed the table top ironing board on the table in the laundry at the RV Park in Montrose, Co. Full sized iron as well. Not often used but sometimes needed.

So we'll continue the celebration at Dead Horse!

I will never mention this to you again, there are many ways to go forward, but only one way to remain still.

G'night all.
__________________

__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 08:33 AM   #51187
Senior Member
 
MartySQ's Avatar
 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 3,722
No, Mel... I had stuff I had to do in my other hobby/job committments. When you make your hobbies your work, well... it gets complicated when you get too many hobbies that conflict! We had our Master Gardener Awards ceremony last night. I wasn't sure when the planning was being done if I was still going to be stuck serving as the president of the board for that, or if I was going to have to be the Master of Ceremonies for that event.
I also have a commitment to my critter care clients that are long standing clients... They leave mid week next week for their vacation and put the dogs in a doggy spa while they are gone, but they have a dozen cats I care for when they are gone. The dogs, I have no back up person to trade with for care, the cats I do. Timing just didn't work out to get to AZ. (they had a Great Dane and a pit mix, and folks are sometimes scared of those. They had to put the Great Dane down as he bit his mommy twice in 2 weeks... never gave me trouble, but this was sort of out of the blue, so they thought it might be a brain tumor or something... However, they still have the pit mix, who is very sweet, but many folks are scared of the breed, so it's hard to find backup. They now have a really cute Great Dane/Lab mix puppy, along with the pit mix and another Great Dane/ pointer/ Brittany spaniel mix. Can ya tell I luv my critter care jobs? LOL!
I think I am trying to decide if I want to go to Maine or to Glacier Park this summer... it's almost the same amount of driving for us. Actually, Bob says... "that's a long ways!" With eyes aghast... he only does a week well in "the box" and then he is ready to be home. I may go solo if he doesn't want to go that long. If I go to Glacier Park, I'll caravan with friends, but If I go to Maine, I'll drag him along and we'll have to stop and stay in a Motel somewhere for a couple days along the way there and back. I have relatives on the East coast I would want to stop in and see, some of my mom's close cousins who are getting older.
__________________
Martha (AKA RVM45), Bob, and Bess the Border collie
22'Honey Sportscruiser on a 1988 Ford Econoline.
Sometimes towing a powered Parachute.
MartySQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 09:31 AM   #51188
RVM1
 
CampDaven's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fulltime, USA
Posts: 12,883
Blog Entries: 1
How Grand of a Grand Curiosity was it? Here's a pic of a few of the attendees. You know who you are!
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1454859093.006531.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	134.1 KB
ID:	118490
__________________
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 09:53 AM   #51189
RVM1
 
CampDaven's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fulltime, USA
Posts: 12,883
Blog Entries: 1
Thru the cold of this week, early in the day folks are so bundled up that you recognize who they are by looking at the dog that is walking the person.
__________________
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 09:55 AM   #51190
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador
 
Diwizi's Avatar


 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 3,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Thru the cold of this week, early in the day folks are so bundled up that you recognize who they are by looking at the dog that is walking the person.

Yes....... Or in my case dogS.....





Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
__________________
Diane & Larry, (RVM64) our Westies LitaBit & QTπ
(Diwizi)retired educator,watercolor artist / (Zeelarry)ARMY ret
2016 BerkshireXL 40RB, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 10:42 AM   #51191
Senior Member
 
TEFFY's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Near BEAUMONT, TX.
Posts: 415
Sounds like everyone had such a great time - I wish Stephanie and I could have been there.

On my last physical they found a very small prostate cancer. We're waiting three months for another PSA test to be sure how fast it's growing. It's so small the Doc says I'm not a canadate for removal. Right now he says it would take 15 - 20 years for it to do me in. For those of you that know what it means, my Gleason number is 6. I wanted to go to M D Anderson in Houston for a second opinion but my HMO doesn't work with them.

I was called into the office the other day and offered a part time job as "in charge of maintance" for the four buses that the school owns. We were elated as it would increase our income by 50%. That was Monday - Friday I was called into the office and told that I couldn't drive the students any more because I'd just turned 75 (12/13) and the insurance company wanted a $4,500.00 premium increase just to insure me. I'm so glad that we have no age discrimination in this country. So much for a record of over 1,000,000 miles without a chargeable accident and no tickets or infraction in over 30 years.

Stephanie and I are thinking about selling some of our "future income" stock, chucking my part time job and leaving. School will be out in May and that would be a good time to go to the Maritimes and New England. Their are also some Polish, German, and Scandinavian festivals in the upper mid-west (Wisc, Ohio, and western Pa.) that we would like to go to. We're not going to sell the house as we would become Winter Texans and could stay here cheaper then down in the valley.


Have a blessed day
__________________
Bob (RVM 27), Teffy, Kitty Kitty, - Full timeing during the summer
"Roughing It Smoothly" in a 1994 34' Allegro Bay DP
All of 190 horses but 11 MPG. 0 TO 60 in 62 sec.
TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 11:56 AM   #51192
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,643
Hi Bob. HI Stephie!
So wish you could have joined us.
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 12:06 PM   #51193
Senior Member
 
Papawto5's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEFFY View Post
Sounds like everyone had such a great time - I wish Stephanie and I could have been there.

On my last physical they found a very small prostate cancer. We're waiting three months for another PSA test to be sure how fast it's growing. It's so small the Doc says I'm not a canadate for removal. Right now he says it would take 15 - 20 years for it to do me in. For those of you that know what it means, my Gleason number is 6. I wanted to go to M D Anderson in Houston for a second opinion but my HMO doesn't work with them.

I was called into the office the other day and offered a part time job as "in charge of maintance" for the four buses that the school owns. We were elated as it would increase our income by 50%. That was Monday - Friday I was called into the office and told that I couldn't drive the students any more because I'd just turned 75 (12/13) and the insurance company wanted a $4,500.00 premium increase just to insure me. I'm so glad that we have no age discrimination in this country. So much for a record of over 1,000,000 miles without a chargeable accident and no tickets or infraction in over 30 years.

Stephanie and I are thinking about selling some of our "future income" stock, chucking my part time job and leaving. School will be out in May and that would be a good time to go to the Maritimes and New England. Their are also some Polish, German, and Scandinavian festivals in the upper mid-west (Wisc, Ohio, and western Pa.) that we would like to go to. We're not going to sell the house as we would become Winter Texans and could stay here cheaper then down in the valley.


Have a blessed day
Bob, ohms being sent your way for an excellent outcome on your future tests. Second opinions are always the way to go when you're talking about life threatening ailments. Sounds like you're on the right road with the right doctors.

Say hi to Teffy for us. Your being here in AZ would have been an added joy.

When you're roaming across the midwest, give us a call in Indiana.
__________________
2011 Coachmen SportsCoach
Living Our Dream One Mile at a Time
Steve & Mary Ann (RVM5 & 5A)
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 12:19 PM   #51194
Senior Member
 
zeelarry's Avatar
 
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 230
Pic tells it all

As the sayin' goes . . . if there's no pic, it didn't happen Well, here's Wayne at the restaurant last night, wearing his new gift!!! Earlene is now so HAPPY, since she won't have to wash Wayne's shirts after each meal..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3743 (2).JPG
Views:	32
Size:	272.3 KB
ID:	118507  
__________________
Larry [US Army-Ret/Department of the Army Civilian-Ret/DAV];with Diane [Teacher-Ret]; 'Litabit' & 'QTπ' [Westies]; 2016 Berkshire XL 40RB/380 Turbo Diesel - 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Life is GOOD
zeelarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 01:33 PM   #51195
Senior Member
 
Possum's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cherry Creek, BC Canada
Posts: 7,157
Mutantism - the epitome of nonconformism.

Something I've pondered most of the last week.
__________________
Denise and Dennis Dalla-Vicenza Co-pilot Mizzie
Gracie a Winnebago 29 RQ +
George a Suzuki Toad
.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 03:48 PM   #51196
Senior Member
 
Suspinz's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: IL
Posts: 3,688
Marty asked about the silk fusion class, so here, belatedly, are some pics. (I haven't caught everyone yet, but will try.)

Nola:
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1454881347.574012.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	118514

Denise:
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1454881388.840775.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	118515

Diane:
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1454881425.550140.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	118516

Shara:
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1454881475.198023.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	118517

The flat pieces of silk paper would have been better if the teacher ...ahem! ... had remembered the last step. They are still all lovely, and the covered gourds worked well.
__________________
Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
'16 Thor Tuscany 45 AT & '14 Jeep Cherokee; 2 bikes, 1 kayak, 1 walking stick. Feline furface Betsy Alopicia. Yes, the journey IS the destination!
Suspinz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 04:45 PM   #51197
Senior Member
 
TGA2016's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: The Rainbow
Posts: 312
Rebecca Dickey author of The Crowded Camper goes to Little Rock donated an autographed copy to RV Mutants via flagship1. He has passed it to us,we'll pass it on when we meet up again with other Mutants.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1454885096.079390.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	118519Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1454885116.811084.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	118520


Barry and Pat, RVM114
__________________
TGA2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 06:15 PM   #51198
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGA2016 View Post
Rebecca Dickey author of The Crowded Camper goes to Little Rock donated an autographed copy to RV Mutants via flagship1. He has passed it to us,we'll pass it on when we meet up again with other Mutants.Attachment 118519Attachment 118520


Barry and Pat, RVM114
Barry... Excellent!!
__________________

__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 5 (4 members and 1 guests)
bokobird, MartySQ, romin roman, Sky_Boss
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.