Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-12-2016, 09:15 PM   #51423

R U an RV Mutant too?

The GP Scooter and the GP are NOT down for the count! They revel in adversity and triumph from them. Just gotta Mutate!
Hoping for the very best, Bro. Time for you and Annie getting a break for a change!
Ohms generator is on full tilt. (That's BIG, I tell ya!)
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2016, 09:27 PM   #51424

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Beautiful evening in Yuma, after a really nice day.

I guess sinus / ENT is a common aliment around here. ENT of Yuma set my appointment for next Friday. Good thing my head wasn't falling off. Lol. In the meantime the antibiotics are helping but it's going to be a fun week. This sinus thing has been an ongoing issue for some time now. Been chalking it up to allergies but it could explain a few things. They do allergy tests there and Barb had suggested seeing an allergist. I've heard some require office visits for shots, and that's not gonna happen. gotta roll. Can't sit around a year getting shots. Lol.
Steve, I'm taking allergy shots but I give them to myself. I only went to the allergist for the first one.

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 09:28 PM   #51425

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:

I guess sinus / ENT is a common aliment around here. ENT of Yuma set my appointment for next Friday. Good thing my head wasn't falling off. Lol. In the meantime the antibiotics are helping but it's going to be a fun week. This sinus thing has been an ongoing issue for some time now. Been chalking it up to allergies but it could explain a few things. They do allergy tests there and Barb had suggested seeing an allergist. I've heard some require office visits for shots, and that's not gonna happen. gotta roll. Can't sit around a year getting shots. Lol.

Sounds really gross, but drink some organic apple cider vinegar..... Cured the worse sinus infection i ever had... Google it..
http://homeremediesforlife.com/apple...nus-infection/
Can mix with anything sweet to kill the taste... I used agave sweetener with mine.....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 09:36 PM   #51426

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:

My allergist made me go to the office. When I askied about an extended vacation they said they could ship my serum to a Doc where I would be staying. I bet that would have been a pricey visit! But it's worth a lot more than money to not be sick and having hives constantly.

I wondered what happened to your smile when we were in Tucson. Now I know you were hurting. I hope you feel much better soon.

BTW can you hear planes flying overhead for hours starting at dark from where you are? Been trying to figure out if they are crop dusters or border control drones looking for illegal activity coming coming from Mexico. I'm probably 10 miles northeast of you. The first night here I thought we were under attack.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 09:54 PM   #51427

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
As Barb alluded to, check all other plugs in the coach to see if something plunged into them is causing this. I would unplug everything and then plug things back in one at a time. My basement outlets are connected to my bathroom GFI so don't forget to check those out. HOWEVER, just for reference, you might have more than 1 GFI. I have one in the kitchen and one in the bathroom. Still, you happen to know that it is the bathroom GFI that is popping.

Yes, it is possible that the GFI is bad and needs replacement. I recently had to replace one.

As Dwayne said, it ain't a good idea to put a non-GFI in its place.
Steve... get a cheap neti pot and pink Himalayan salt or any sea salt 1/8th to 1/4th tsp will do in the water... do a google search on neti pot usage... It really helps. I have even opened a probiotic capsule and sprinkled a little powder into the salt water to use in my nose... it helps to establish the good guys in there so they help fight the bad ones... your antibiotics wipe out your good guy colonies and the problem just goes round and round if you don't keep a colony of good guys in there. Might want to see about the humidity in yur house there too...another weird but soothing useful remedy is to boil a whole potato with the peel on it, drain the water, put the potato into a bowl, cut it open and put your head over the bowl with a towel over your head and the bowl to trap the steam...helps to have a shot of vodka(maybe 2 for you) first then when you are done steaming for ~20 minutes... go to bed.
Old 02-12-2016, 09:58 PM   #51428

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
BTW can you hear planes flying overhead for hours starting at dark from where you are? Been trying to figure out if they are crop dusters or border control drones looking for illegal activity coming coming from Mexico. I'm probably 10 miles northeast of you. The first night here I thought we were under attack.
I ain't illegally down here in Mexico.

The nights get to just under 60ºF and the daytime high is a wonderful 90ºF +/- which I love. Denise has a problem with the daytime highs but she does love the nighttime temperatures.

Walking along the beach at night is a real treat for a stargazer. The sky is so full of stars its hard to make out the standard constellations for all the background distractions. Tonight was especially great because the stars are reflected twofold in the still waters. I could actually live here without missing Canada one bit.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 10:05 PM   #51429

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
On the GFI front I have decided to just live without the left hand side 110 circuit until I can use a meter to check for shorts. I would hate to overlook something and end up losing the coach and for that matter us. The reason I asked is there are no locations near us here that sell the GFI replacements. Thanks all for the insite on things to look for while repairing.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 10:06 PM   #51430

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
I ain't illegally down here in Mexico.

The nights get to just under 60ºF and the daytime high is a wonderful 90ºF +/- which I love. Denise has a problem with the daytime highs but she does love the nighttime temperatures.

Walking along the beach at night is a real treat for a stargazer. The sky is so full of stars its hard to make out the standard constellations for all the background distractions. Tonight was especially great because the stars are reflected twofold in the still waters. I could actually live here without missing Canada one bit.
Pictures or...
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 10:08 PM   #51431

Vintage RV Owners Club
They make you sit at the doc's office for 20 minutes after each allergy shot to be sure you won't have an adverse reaction... at least when I took them they did... and it's not just a year, the first year you go once a week, the second year every other week, the third year once every 3rd week and the fourth year, once a month.... at least that was the regimen when i had them years ago. It's gradually getting worse, and I really should go back for booster set as I seem to be allergic to many, many things, cats, dogs, pollen, hay, dust, dust mites, molds... can't get away from it. Funny... they had to do the cat and dog shots on opposite arms so they wouldn't get a bad reaction... apparently even their antigens fight when together....LOL! I can't be happy without critters, and being outside. Even inside there's too much to cause allergies for me, so I was stuck...heh heh...literally... 2 shots a week, one in each arm.
I used to get a sinus infection 2-3 times a year. now it's rare when I get one, but they are becoming a little more frequent as the years roll by... Last couple I had, I never got anitbiotics for as I try to avoid those if at all possible, which is how i stumbled upon the probiotic in the neti pot... I suppose you could put kimchi juice in your nose, but I elected not to do that, tried home made sauerkraut liquid the first time... it worked, kimchi is better supposedly, but I thought it might burn... then the doc suggested the probiotic capsule stuff...little dab will do ya!
Old 02-12-2016, 10:19 PM   #51432

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thanks to all for the Magic Mutant Medicine Guide.

Marty... I try to put the good guys back with Yogurt as best I can but it slides right out of my nose.

Barb... Annie and I have both been going round and round with annoyance colds etc. But the biggest pita was hurting my knee when we got to the Fairgrounds. And when the scooter went wheels up it was a bit tough. So far the knee is surviving well. But it would be much nicer to have my wheels.
Thanks for the Omms Dave. Not really an Omms level thing for me, but couldn't hurt.
Old 02-12-2016, 10:31 PM   #51433

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Barb - forgot... not too many planes here. The lettuce around us is organic. So no crop dusters. An occasional helicopter and a couple military planes a day that I've noticed.
Old 02-12-2016, 10:39 PM   #51434

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Marty... must be bed time cause I keeps rememberin' to say (or fergittin') I had allergy shots as a kid. I was allergic to a similarly long lost of things and had chronic bronchitis. OMG - I have reverted back to my teenage self. Oh well. Survived it then - will survive it now!
Old 02-13-2016, 12:07 AM   #51435

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
One more comment on allergy shots and I'll quit, too.

When I started taking allergy shots I first went thru rapid desensitization which basically jump started my treatment by a full year. I camped out at the Dr's office for about 6 hours and got lots of allergy injections. This will explain it better than I can. The best part is you start feeling better right away. In my case it was chronic hives and it worked!

The Allergy & Asthma Center

Goodnight Y'all!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 06:21 AM   #51436

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
I ain't illegally down here in Mexico. ... I could actually live here without missing Canada one bit.
Many people from the US & Canada have gone south and not come back.

Did you have any issues bringing your pets along?
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote