Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-05-2016, 09:26 PM   #52263
Senior Member
 
romin roman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Maybe Tylenol for the pain, it's not at all like Aspirin or ibuprofen.
We were just talking about you two today as we drove down to Malvern. Get to feeling better Ann, we need to get together!
I will check to see if that suits her Dr.

THANKS...

Yes, we need to include Di & Larry also when everyone available & well
__________________

__________________

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 95 Minni Winnie 30' & 2012 ERA 24' (AKA Minni & Micro).... Our Chihuahua lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-05-2016, 09:44 PM   #52264
Senior Member
 
Suspinz's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: IL
Posts: 3,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Tell Martin that Larry said that is what happens when you get that extra set of wheels back there.....





Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!

LOL!!!
__________________

__________________
Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
'16 Thor Tuscany 45 AT & '14 Jeep Cherokee; 2 bikes, 1 kayak, 1 walking stick. Feline furface Betsy Alopicia. Yes, the journey IS the destination!
Suspinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 09:50 PM   #52265
Senior Member
 
Suspinz's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: IL
Posts: 3,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Park lost power about 10 minutes ago. No word circulating as to the problem. Thankfully it's cool.

That's what happened in Galveston when we drove off w/o unhooking -- some poor guy had to go 'round and explain to each customer what had happened to their power & water. 😳
__________________
Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
'16 Thor Tuscany 45 AT & '14 Jeep Cherokee; 2 bikes, 1 kayak, 1 walking stick. Feline furface Betsy Alopicia. Yes, the journey IS the destination!
Suspinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 10:27 PM   #52266
Senior Member
 
MartySQ's Avatar
 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 3,720
Gosh, as long as some of you all have been RVing... ya'll scare me! wonder what I am capable of doing yet to poor Honey! ( Which might get to go out next weekend if the stars all align right...)
__________________
Martha (AKA RVM45), Bob, and Bess the Border collie
22'Honey Sportscruiser on a 1988 Ford Econoline.
Sometimes towing a powered Parachute.
MartySQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 10:44 PM   #52267
RV Mutant #14
 
Wayne M's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 11,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Checking in before doing ketchup.

It's confession time, or "when you get ground crew, make sure they know what they're doing", or "shall we put in a claim or not?" Result:

Attachment 120603

Martin was backing in very well, straightening out along the patio, when something told me to look up. Up! Ack! Crack!

The tree survived w/ barely a scuff mark. Our upper ladder didn't fare quite so well, nor did the paintwork on the upper rear cap. Martin had to remove the top ladder in order to free us and the tree from each other.

Something else for Papa Thor to fix. <Sigh>

Okay, moving on -- ketchup.
Martin, that's what happens when you try to get a front end into the parking space and the back end is to long. A 40 footer would have fit perfectly with room to spare. Besides, those darn trees just grow overnight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
That's what happened in Galveston when we drove off w/o unhooking -- some poor guy had to go 'round and explain to each customer what had happened to their power & water. 😳
Oh wow! Really confession time. Don't forget RVillage and the Village Idiot thread.
__________________
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse)
2008 Winnebago Destination 39W
RVM14
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 11:51 PM   #52268
Senior Member
 
Possum's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cherry Creek, BC Canada
Posts: 7,151
We will be bidding ado to Dwayne and Shara at breakfast tomorrow morning. Had one hell of a fun filled 9 days with them. Fixed Gracie to the point that she will be ready for sanding and painting when we get back home. Played like crazy on the 4X4 trails and gold digging claims. We will be missing these guys like you can't believe as they are as close or closer than family.

We will be heading for Las Vegas in the morning and if anyone wants to mini we can be reached at 360-202-1390. Also we are still looking for recommendations on a shop in Vegas that can do a front end alignment on Gracie. (Phone is best over the next day or two)
__________________
Denise and Dennis Dalla-Vicenza Co-pilot Mizzie
Gracie a Winnebago 29 RQ +
George a Suzuki Toad
.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 01:05 AM   #52269
Senior Member
 
Suspinz's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: IL
Posts: 3,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Gosh, as long as some of you all have been RVing... ya'll scare me! wonder what I am capable of doing yet to poor Honey! ( Which might get to go out next weekend if the stars all align right...)

Relax, Marty. You have more sense than 3 of me! Martin is good; I'm the ground crew at fault! This time.

Hope you get Honey out. It's wonderful to change the scenery again. Just don't forget to look up!
__________________
Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
'16 Thor Tuscany 45 AT & '14 Jeep Cherokee; 2 bikes, 1 kayak, 1 walking stick. Feline furface Betsy Alopicia. Yes, the journey IS the destination!
Suspinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 01:09 AM   #52270
Senior Member
 
Suspinz's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: IL
Posts: 3,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Martin, that's what happens when you try to get a front end into the parking space and the back end is to long. A 40 footer would have fit perfectly with room to spare. Besides, those darn trees just grow overnight.

**Ain't that da trooth! Worse yet, them trees reach down to grab ya.

Oh wow! Really confession time. Don't forget RVillage and the Village Idiot thread.

**Sorry! Baring my soul once is plenty; twice is more than I could bear/bare.
__________________
Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
'16 Thor Tuscany 45 AT & '14 Jeep Cherokee; 2 bikes, 1 kayak, 1 walking stick. Feline furface Betsy Alopicia. Yes, the journey IS the destination!
Suspinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 08:02 AM   #52271
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador
 
Diwizi's Avatar


 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 3,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
**Sorry! Baring my soul once is plenty; twice is more than I could bear/bare.

Looking up to me is harder to remember.
I easily scout 4 directions on the ground, but i keep forgetting to go 3 dimensional...
So far, havent had any majors on this one, but did get a few higher on the old coach...
But Larry is usually good about looking up when he first arrived, because he is scoping out for satellite...
While i am looking low for dog hazards......

It just the bare necessities...... Sorry, saw preview for new Jungle Book movie.... Smile while watching Zootopia at movies.
This group could be a Zootopia...... New disney mivie



Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
__________________
Diane & Larry, (RVM64) our Westies LitaBit & QTπ
(Diwizi)retired educator,watercolor artist / (Zeelarry)ARMY ret
2016 BerkshireXL 40RB, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Diwizi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 08:41 AM   #52272
RVM1
 
CampDaven's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fulltime, USA
Posts: 12,877
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post
Who said: "Third time is a charm"??? Well I sure hope so !!!

3rd time in ER & this time I learned a lesson worth sharing...

One Dr. said take Advil for shingles pain (these are about 2 weeks old & healing well, pain easing but not gone - thanks to many Ohmmms)

ER Dr. said Advil is in an aspirin "Class" & still acts as a blood thinner.. Well this caused some bleeding where it dosnt belong... Could have been very serious, but lab tests show near normal readings...

Long story short, looks like aspirin cause of latest ER visit... She was kept overnight for observation, but expect her to be released tomorrow...

Thanks again for Ohmmmss...

Richard, the Ohms will continue!
I can only take Tylenol (acetaminophen). Asprin and ibuprofen burn my innards, for Dear Ann they thin the blood.
High hopes for a final recovery!


Dave and Nola, RV Mutants
__________________
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 08:57 AM   #52273
RV Mutant #14
 
Wayne M's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 11,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
**Sorry! Baring my soul once is plenty; twice is more than I could bear/bare.
Now Sue, I have seen some of your writings and I'm sure it could be written up in such a way as to place all the blame on Martin. Oh, wait...he was the driver, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Richard, the Ohms will continue!
I can only take Tylenol (acetaminophen). Asprin and ibuprofen burn my innards, for Dear Ann they thin the blood.
High hopes for a final recovery!


Dave and Nola, RV Mutants
There is a new one on the market, "Vimovo." It contains esomeprazole and naproxen. Good for the pain, good for the tummy. I believe that right now it is prescription only.
__________________
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse)
2008 Winnebago Destination 39W
RVM14
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 09:13 AM   #52274
RVM99
 
bokobird's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: CT S&B
Posts: 2,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
There is a new one on the market, "Vimovo." It contains esomeprazole and naproxen. Good for the pain, good for the tummy. I believe that right now it is prescription only.
Yea, it looks safe:

Serious and potentially fatal cardiovascular (CV) thrombotic events, myocardial infarction, and stroke. Patients with known CV disease/risk factors may be at greater risk (5.1)
• New onset or worsening of pre-existing hypertension. Blood pressure should be monitored closely during treatment with VIMOVO (5.2, 7.1, 7.6) • Congestive heart failure and edema. VIMOVO should be used with caution in patients with fluid retention or heart failure (5.3)
• Serious gastrointestinal (GI) adverse events, which can be fatal. The risk is greater in patients with a prior history of ulcer disease or GI bleeding, and in patients at high risk for GI events, especially the elderly. VIMOVO should be used with caution in these patients (5.4, 8.5)
• Symptomatic response to esomeprazole does not preclude the presence of gastric malignancy (5.4)
• Atrophic gastritis has been noted on biopsy with long-term omeprazole therapy (5.4)
• Treatment should be withdrawn when active and clinically significant bleeding from any source occurs (5.5)
• Renal papillary necrosis and other renal injury with long-term use. Use VIMOVO with caution in the elderly, those with impaired renal function, hypovolemia, salt depletion, heart failure, liver dysfunction, and those taking diuretics, ACE-inhibitors or angiotensin II receptor antagonists. Acute interstitial nephritis has been observed in patients taking PPIs. Not recommended for patients with moderate or severe renal impairment (2, 5.6, 5.7, 5.16, 7.1, 7.6, 8.7)
• Anaphylactic reactions. Do not use VIMOVO in patients with the aspirin triad (5.8)
• Serious skin adverse reactions such as exfoliative dermatitis, Stevens- Johnson syndrome, and toxic epidermal necrolysis, which can be fatal and can occur without warning. Discontinue VIMOVO at first appearance of skin rash or any other sign of hypersensitivity (5.9)
• Elevated liver enzymes and, rarely, severe hepatic reactions. Discontinue use immediately if abnormal liver enzymes persist or worsen (5.11, 8.6, 12.3) • Should be avoided in patients with severe hepatic impairment (e.g., Child- Pugh C) (2, 5.11, 8.6, 12.3)
• Cyanocobalamin (vitamin B-12) Deficiency: Daily long-term use (e.g., longer than 3 years) may lead to malabsorption or a deficiency of cyanocobalamin. (5.17)
• Proton pump inhibitor (PPI) therapy may be associated with increased risk of Clostridium difficile associated diarrhea. (5.18)
• Avoid concomitant use of esomeprazole with clopidogrel (5.19)
• Long-term and multiple daily dose PPI therapy is associated with an increased risk for osteoporosis-related fractures of the hip, wrist or spine (5.20)
• Interactions with diagnostic investigations for Neuroendocrine Tumors: Increases in intragastric pH may result in hypergastrinemia, enterochromaffin-like cell hyperplasia, and increased Chromogranin A levels which may interfere with diagnostic investigations for neuroendocrine tumors. (5.22)
• Hypomagnesemia has been reported rarely with prolonged treatment with PPIs (5.23)
• Avoid concomitant use of VIMOVO with St John’s Wort or rifampin due to the potential reduction in esomeprazole levels. (5.24, 7.16)
• Fetal toxicity: avoid drug starting at 30 weeks gestation (5.10, 8.1)
__________________
Carl
'07 Newmar KSDP3916 w/Hydralift carrying '06 FLHX, '15 Chevy Equinox, Blue Ox Alpha, RVibrake2
With the birds...
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 10:09 AM   #52275
Senior Member
 
Davdeb1's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Avon Lake, Oh
Posts: 2,802
Sounds like the side effect list for most drugs.
If you have pain - take Tylenol. Most maladies like diabetes, chronic pain, heat disease, stroke, etc can be controlled by diet and exercise.
It's a long road of fresh vegetables, NO fat, not even olive oil, baked fish, baked chicken breast, no dairy, and no sugar. 6 months of this will turn 99% of people around.
I know, life is short and you want to enjoy it, but all these drugs aren't the answer.

Sorry for the rant, but I figure since folks on here are recommending drugs, I could your the alternative, a healthy lifestyle.😇😇😇😇😇😇
__________________
2000 HOLIDAY RAMBLER ENDEAVOR
40 FT--330HP CAT
2 SLIDES-TOAD 2012 focus
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 10:15 AM   #52276
Senior Member
 
Davdeb1's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Avon Lake, Oh
Posts: 2,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
Yea, it looks safe:

Serious and potentially fatal cardiovascular (CV) thrombotic events, myocardial infarction, and stroke. Patients with known CV disease/risk factors may be at greater risk (5.1)
• New onset or worsening of pre-existing hypertension. Blood pressure should be monitored closely during treatment with VIMOVO (5.2, 7.1, 7.6) • Congestive heart failure and edema. VIMOVO should be used with caution in patients with fluid retention or heart failure (5.3)
• Serious gastrointestinal (GI) adverse events, which can be fatal. The risk is greater in patients with a prior history of ulcer disease or GI bleeding, and in patients at high risk for GI events, especially the elderly. VIMOVO should be used with caution in these patients (5.4, 8.5)
• Symptomatic response to esomeprazole does not preclude the presence of gastric malignancy (5.4)
• Atrophic gastritis has been noted on biopsy with long-term omeprazole therapy (5.4)
• Treatment should be withdrawn when active and clinically significant bleeding from any source occurs (5.5)
• Renal papillary necrosis and other renal injury with long-term use. Use VIMOVO with caution in the elderly, those with impaired renal function, hypovolemia, salt depletion, heart failure, liver dysfunction, and those taking diuretics, ACE-inhibitors or angiotensin II receptor antagonists. Acute interstitial nephritis has been observed in patients taking PPIs. Not recommended for patients with moderate or severe renal impairment (2, 5.6, 5.7, 5.16, 7.1, 7.6, 8.7)
• Anaphylactic reactions. Do not use VIMOVO in patients with the aspirin triad (5.8)
• Serious skin adverse reactions such as exfoliative dermatitis, Stevens- Johnson syndrome, and toxic epidermal necrolysis, which can be fatal and can occur without warning. Discontinue VIMOVO at first appearance of skin rash or any other sign of hypersensitivity (5.9)
• Elevated liver enzymes and, rarely, severe hepatic reactions. Discontinue use immediately if abnormal liver enzymes persist or worsen (5.11, 8.6, 12.3) • Should be avoided in patients with severe hepatic impairment (e.g., Child- Pugh C) (2, 5.11, 8.6, 12.3)
• Cyanocobalamin (vitamin B-12) Deficiency: Daily long-term use (e.g., longer than 3 years) may lead to malabsorption or a deficiency of cyanocobalamin. (5.17)
• Proton pump inhibitor (PPI) therapy may be associated with increased risk of Clostridium difficile associated diarrhea. (5.18)
• Avoid concomitant use of esomeprazole with clopidogrel (5.19)
• Long-term and multiple daily dose PPI therapy is associated with an increased risk for osteoporosis-related fractures of the hip, wrist or spine (5.20)
• Interactions with diagnostic investigations for Neuroendocrine Tumors: Increases in intragastric pH may result in hypergastrinemia, enterochromaffin-like cell hyperplasia, and increased Chromogranin A levels which may interfere with diagnostic investigations for neuroendocrine tumors. (5.22)
• Hypomagnesemia has been reported rarely with prolonged treatment with PPIs (5.23)
• Avoid concomitant use of VIMOVO with St John’s Wort or rifampin due to the potential reduction in esomeprazole levels. (5.24, 7.16)
• Fetal toxicity: avoid drug starting at 30 weeks gestation (5.10, 8.1)






Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
Sounds like the side effect list for most drugs.
If you have pain - take Tylenol. Most maladies like diabetes, chronic pain, heat disease, stroke, etc can be controlled by diet and exercise.
It's a long road of fresh vegetables, NO fat, not even olive oil, baked fish, baked chicken breast, no dairy, and no sugar. 6 months of this will turn 99% of people around.
I know, life is short and you want to enjoy it, but all these drugs aren't the answer.

Sorry for the rant, but I figure since folks on here are recommending drugs, I could tout the alternative, a healthy lifestyle.😇😇😇😇😇😇
Oh, and most importantly, live the mutant lifestyle!
__________________

__________________
2000 HOLIDAY RAMBLER ENDEAVOR
40 FT--330HP CAT
2 SLIDES-TOAD 2012 focus
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 5 (3 members and 2 guests)
Eyephoto, geocacher, jfjr
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.