Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-06-2016, 09:15 AM   #52263

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
Yea, it looks safe:

Serious and potentially fatal cardiovascular (CV) thrombotic events, myocardial infarction, and stroke. Patients with known CV disease/risk factors may be at greater risk (5.1)
• New onset or worsening of pre-existing hypertension. Blood pressure should be monitored closely during treatment with VIMOVO (5.2, 7.1, 7.6) • Congestive heart failure and edema. VIMOVO should be used with caution in patients with fluid retention or heart failure (5.3)
• Serious gastrointestinal (GI) adverse events, which can be fatal. The risk is greater in patients with a prior history of ulcer disease or GI bleeding, and in patients at high risk for GI events, especially the elderly. VIMOVO should be used with caution in these patients (5.4, 8.5)
• Symptomatic response to esomeprazole does not preclude the presence of gastric malignancy (5.4)
• Atrophic gastritis has been noted on biopsy with long-term omeprazole therapy (5.4)
• Treatment should be withdrawn when active and clinically significant bleeding from any source occurs (5.5)
• Renal papillary necrosis and other renal injury with long-term use. Use VIMOVO with caution in the elderly, those with impaired renal function, hypovolemia, salt depletion, heart failure, liver dysfunction, and those taking diuretics, ACE-inhibitors or angiotensin II receptor antagonists. Acute interstitial nephritis has been observed in patients taking PPIs. Not recommended for patients with moderate or severe renal impairment (2, 5.6, 5.7, 5.16, 7.1, 7.6, 8.7)
• Anaphylactic reactions. Do not use VIMOVO in patients with the aspirin triad (5.8)
• Serious skin adverse reactions such as exfoliative dermatitis, Stevens- Johnson syndrome, and toxic epidermal necrolysis, which can be fatal and can occur without warning. Discontinue VIMOVO at first appearance of skin rash or any other sign of hypersensitivity (5.9)
• Elevated liver enzymes and, rarely, severe hepatic reactions. Discontinue use immediately if abnormal liver enzymes persist or worsen (5.11, 8.6, 12.3) • Should be avoided in patients with severe hepatic impairment (e.g., Child- Pugh C) (2, 5.11, 8.6, 12.3)
• Cyanocobalamin (vitamin B-12) Deficiency: Daily long-term use (e.g., longer than 3 years) may lead to malabsorption or a deficiency of cyanocobalamin. (5.17)
• Proton pump inhibitor (PPI) therapy may be associated with increased risk of Clostridium difficile associated diarrhea. (5.18)
• Avoid concomitant use of esomeprazole with clopidogrel (5.19)
• Long-term and multiple daily dose PPI therapy is associated with an increased risk for osteoporosis-related fractures of the hip, wrist or spine (5.20)
• Interactions with diagnostic investigations for Neuroendocrine Tumors: Increases in intragastric pH may result in hypergastrinemia, enterochromaffin-like cell hyperplasia, and increased Chromogranin A levels which may interfere with diagnostic investigations for neuroendocrine tumors. (5.22)
• Hypomagnesemia has been reported rarely with prolonged treatment with PPIs (5.23)
• Avoid concomitant use of VIMOVO with St John’s Wort or rifampin due to the potential reduction in esomeprazole levels. (5.24, 7.16)
• Fetal toxicity: avoid drug starting at 30 weeks gestation (5.10, 8.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
Sounds like the side effect list for most drugs.
If you have pain - take Tylenol. Most maladies like diabetes, chronic pain, heat disease, stroke, etc can be controlled by diet and exercise.
It's a long road of fresh vegetables, NO fat, not even olive oil, baked fish, baked chicken breast, no dairy, and no sugar. 6 months of this will turn 99% of people around.
I know, life is short and you want to enjoy it, but all these drugs aren't the answer.

Sorry for the rant, but I figure since folks on here are recommending drugs, I could tout the alternative, a healthy lifestyle.😇😇😇😇😇😇
Oh, and most importantly, live the mutant lifestyle!
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2016, 10:18 AM   #52264
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Sue,

I'm a member of the ladder club as well.

Rock wall jumped out at mine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1457284730.020121.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	120697
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 10:28 AM   #52265

Fleetwood Owners Club
Just checking in (officially)

WiFi at this park is only good near the office so I have to take the DW's tablet up there every morning to get on line. I don't have the user ID & password on it so I show up as a guest. Today the data plan reset so I can get on via the hotspot in the coach. Nevertheless, I'm on here just about every day so I don't get too far behind with everyone.

Yes, I also sport a bent ladder - second floor of the S&B overhangs at the driveway, above the range of the back-up camera...
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 10:31 AM   #52266

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Looking up to me is harder to remember.
I easily scout 4 directions on the ground, but i keep forgetting to go 3 dimensional...
So far, havent had any majors on this one, but did get a few higher on the old coach...
But Larry is usually good about looking up when he first arrived, because he is scoping out for satellite...
While i am looking low for dog hazards......

It just the bare necessities...... Sorry, saw preview for new Jungle Book movie.... Smile while watching Zootopia at movies.
This group could be a Zootopia...... New disney mivie

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!

Took the grands and kids to see Zootopia on our visit. You're right we are very similar to Zootopia! 😄
Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 10:39 AM   #52267

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ok the "New" drug is really a cobination of two old drugs. Nexium many know as the purple pill that is a proton pump inhibitor used to lessen acid activity in the stomach and Naprosyn which is a non-steroid anti inflammatory similar to Advil and with issues of blood thinning resulting in bruiseing. Funny how drug companies will come out with new-old drugs once their original products go generic.
Old 03-06-2016, 10:44 AM   #52268

Oh how I hate the roads and drivers in the Valley of the Sun

Indianapolis does not compare in the least to the Phoenix area.

Differences:
1) Indy police actually patrol ALL of the roads and arrest drivers for speeding (in Phoenix the only police cars seen are investigating accidents),
2) 90% of the speeders in Indy go 5 - 10 mph over the speed limit. In Phoenix THAT amount of overage is for the few cowards and pantie waists,
3) surface street speed limits in Indy are NOT 45 - 50 mph (posted limits),
4) nearly everyone on US 60, the 101, the 202, I 10, and I 17 believe that gaining one car length by changing lanes at 75 mph is worth the risk of dying,
5) there's absolutely no sense or reason connected to the starting or ending of the right lane (often without telling us drivers),
6) existing the freeway in Phoenix does not necessarily require any planning at all (exist from the far left lane????)
7) in the Valley of the Sun you cannot assume anything or plan your moves from lane 2 to lane 1 - - the dumb #%& just passed you on the right from lane 4 going 85 - 90 mph. You never see them coming when they're going that speed weaving from lane to lane to lane

Uh, we got rear ended on Thursday in rush hour traffic on the 202. Distracted driver didn't see ALL of us stopped (he had been "pushing us down the highway for the previous 2 miles). We were shaken but we're okay. Quite a jarring hit. Will need new rear bumper assembly and probably a new rear hatch of the HHR. Usual top speed in that rush hour traffic was about 30 mph but he kept riding my rear bumper as if I was supposed to drive thru the 7,000 cars in front of us.

GEEESH
Old 03-06-2016, 10:49 AM   #52269

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
This group could be a Zootopia...... New disney
Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
I'm not sure we could tame this group down to a G rating for a Disney movie. It might be more fun to make an R or strong PG rated version of MARLG.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 10:53 AM   #52270

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post

Differences:
1) Indy police actually patrol ALL of the roads and arrest drivers for speeding (in Phoenix the only police cars seen are investigating accidents),
2) 90% of the speeders in Indy go 5 - 10 mph over the speed limit. In Phoenix THAT amount of overage is for the few cowards and pantie waists,
4) nearly everyone on US 60, the 101, the 202, I 10, and I 17 believe that gaining one car length by changing lanes at 75 mph is worth the risk of dying, 5) there's absolutely no sense or reason connected to the starting or ending of the right lane (often without telling us drivers),
6) existing the freeway in Phoenix does not necessarily require any planning at all (exist from the far left lane????)
7) in the Valley of the Sun you cannot assume anything or plan your moves from lane 2 to lane 1 - - the dumb #%& just passed you on the right from lane 4 going 85 - 90 mph. You never see them coming when they're going that speed weaving from lane to lane to lane

Uh, we got rear ended on Thursday in rush hour traffic on the 202. Distracted driver didn't see ALL of us stopped (he had been "pushing us down the highway for the previous 2 miles). We were shaken but we're okay. Quite a jarring hit. Will need new rear bumper assembly and probably a new rear hatch of the HHR. Usual top speed in that rush hour traffic was about 30 mph but he kept riding my rear bumper as if I was supposed to drive thru the 7,000 cars in front of us.

GEEESH
Oh no! Not just a HHR but a New HHR! Glad no injury. I'm assuming you were driving the HHR and it wasn't being towed behind the MH.
Old 03-06-2016, 10:56 AM   #52271

Papaw, you nailed all of the inequities of the Valley drivers.
Best wishes for your Toad, Bro!

Dave and Nola, RV Mutants
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 11:05 AM   #52272

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
Yea, it looks safe:

Serious and potentially fatal cardiovascular (CV) thrombotic events, myocardial infarction, and stroke. Patients with known CV disease/risk factors may be at greater risk (5.1)
• New onset or worsening of pre-existing hypertension. Blood pressure should be monitored closely during treatment with VIMOVO (5.2, 7.1, 7.6) • Congestive heart failure and edema. VIMOVO should be used with caution in patients with fluid retention or heart failure (5.3)
• Serious gastrointestinal (GI) adverse events, which can be fatal. The risk is greater in patients with a prior history of ulcer disease or GI bleeding, and in patients at high risk for GI events, especially the elderly. VIMOVO should be used with caution in these patients (5.4, 8.5)
• Symptomatic response to esomeprazole does not preclude the presence of gastric malignancy (5.4)
• Atrophic gastritis has been noted on biopsy with long-term omeprazole therapy (5.4)
• Treatment should be withdrawn when active and clinically significant bleeding from any source occurs (5.5)
• Renal papillary necrosis and other renal injury with long-term use. Use VIMOVO with caution in the elderly, those with impaired renal function, hypovolemia, salt depletion, heart failure, liver dysfunction, and those taking diuretics, ACE-inhibitors or angiotensin II receptor antagonists. Acute interstitial nephritis has been observed in patients taking PPIs. Not recommended for patients with moderate or severe renal impairment (2, 5.6, 5.7, 5.16, 7.1, 7.6, 8.7)
• Anaphylactic reactions. Do not use VIMOVO in patients with the aspirin triad (5.8)
• Serious skin adverse reactions such as exfoliative dermatitis, Stevens- Johnson syndrome, and toxic epidermal necrolysis, which can be fatal and can occur without warning. Discontinue VIMOVO at first appearance of skin rash or any other sign of hypersensitivity (5.9)
• Elevated liver enzymes and, rarely, severe hepatic reactions. Discontinue use immediately if abnormal liver enzymes persist or worsen (5.11, 8.6, 12.3) • Should be avoided in patients with severe hepatic impairment (e.g., Child- Pugh C) (2, 5.11, 8.6, 12.3)
• Cyanocobalamin (vitamin B-12) Deficiency: Daily long-term use (e.g., longer than 3 years) may lead to malabsorption or a deficiency of cyanocobalamin. (5.17)
• Proton pump inhibitor (PPI) therapy may be associated with increased risk of Clostridium difficile associated diarrhea. (5.18)
• Avoid concomitant use of esomeprazole with clopidogrel (5.19)
• Long-term and multiple daily dose PPI therapy is associated with an increased risk for osteoporosis-related fractures of the hip, wrist or spine (5.20)
• Interactions with diagnostic investigations for Neuroendocrine Tumors: Increases in intragastric pH may result in hypergastrinemia, enterochromaffin-like cell hyperplasia, and increased Chromogranin A levels which may interfere with diagnostic investigations for neuroendocrine tumors. (5.22)
• Hypomagnesemia has been reported rarely with prolonged treatment with PPIs (5.23)
• Avoid concomitant use of VIMOVO with St John’s Wort or rifampin due to the potential reduction in esomeprazole levels. (5.24, 7.16)
• Fetal toxicity: avoid drug starting at 30 weeks gestation (5.10, 8.1)
And the FDA approved this drug? I can't take any NSAIDs (Non Steroidal Anti Inflamatory Drugs) which includes Naproxen. I have a very high risk of ulcers. It's Tylenol only for me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 11:33 AM   #52273

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Papaw Steve and Mary Ann...
So glad you're ok... Ommms to you both and your car. I have witnessed exactly what you described as Phoenix driving, lanes coming and going, etc. It's the wild west out there... be safe and well! We miss you!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 11:46 AM   #52274

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post

Differences:
4) nearly everyone on US 60, the 101, the 202, I 10, and I 17 believe that gaining one car length by changing lanes at 75 mph is worth the risk of dying,
5) there's absolutely no sense or reason connected to the starting or ending of the right lane (often without telling us drivers),

GEEESH
You said a mouthful Steve. Sorry for your misfortune.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 12:00 PM   #52275

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
You said a mouthful Steve. Sorry for your misfortune.
X2 Steve, I miss my HHR, it was a neat car. The Equinox however is way more comfortable. Driving straight through to Florida (~20 hours) and I get out of the car not a bone aching, no sore legs, etc.
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 02:32 PM   #52276

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Checking in before doing ketchup.

It's confession time, or "when you get ground crew, make sure they know what they're doing", or "shall we put in a claim or not?" Result:

Attachment 120603

Martin was backing in very well, straightening out along the patio, when something told me to look up. Up! Ack! Crack!

The tree survived w/ barely a scuff mark. Our upper ladder didn't fare quite so well, nor did the paintwork on the upper rear cap. Martin had to remove the top ladder in order to free us and the tree from each other.

Something else for Papa Thor to fix. <Sigh>

Okay, moving on -- ketchup.
In there words of The Great Bard.....Daft Buggar. No one hurt though so it's just a flesh wound.
TGA2016 is offline   Reply With Quote