Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-25-2013, 10:42 PM   #5237

Hey Herb,

Did you have a site to find the satellite settings for different parts of the Country. It seems like 50 pages back you posted something about finding the settings for Dish network, I forgot to bookmark it and I would think it would be much easier to set up the Dish if I knew what direction I'm supposed to set it at.

Now that being said, I didnt put the dish on, it came with the coach, I only started using it a month ago, before then I didnt have it working and I didnt miss it, but now that it is working I'd like to use it, but if I cant get it to work, its not that big a deal cause I can live just fine without it.

And NO!! I am not surrendering my mutant card !!!! Hahahahahaha

Cheers !!!

PTJeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2013, 10:51 PM   #5238
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
yep 2 doe 1 arrow but nothing on the big buck yet but I hope that changes to night.
My host's husband drives a Dodge pick-up that doesn't know how to dodge does. That Dodge does know how to hit does, however. Luckily it is a big Dodge with a big dent in the front bumper and grill. The driver needed to change his shorts, but was otherwise unharmed. The doe was not so fortunate.

okmunky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:54 PM   #5239
RVM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
My host's husband drives a Dodge pick-up that doesn't know how to dodge does. That Dodge does know how to hit does, however. Luckily it is a big Dodge with a big dent in the front bumper and grill. The driver needed to change his shorts, but was otherwise unharmed. The doe was not so fortunate.
In a strange, morbid way, it seems like the deer are winning. ;-)

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:02 PM   #5240
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Hey Barb -I think they sound delicious myself. and Kidding!

Received your emails for RVM2RVM invites. Have to do that on laptop and will get to it this weekend.

Any date yet on getting the ole knees fixed. Noggin doing better? Mutant minds wanna know.
Man are you ever lucky that Sena hasn't yet learned to read.

Don't worry about the invites, I did them tonight.

The noggin is almost totally healed. I just got some sense knocked into me -- to be extra careful until I have medical coverage again! I got the paperwork from my new Medicare Advantage Plan today, but my coverage doesn't start until Nov 1. If I could, I would
Old 10-25-2013, 11:02 PM   #5241

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hey Herb,

Did you have a site to find the satellite settings for different parts of the Country. It seems like 50 pages back you posted something about finding the settings for Dish network, I forgot to bookmark it and I would think it would be much easier to set up the Dish if I knew what direction I'm supposed to set it at.

Now that being said, I didnt put the dish on, it came with the coach, I only started using it a month ago, before then I didnt have it working and I didnt miss it, but now that it is working I'd like to use it, but if I cant get it to work, its not that big a deal cause I can live just fine without it.

And NO!! I am not surrendering my mutant card !!!! Hahahahahaha

Cheers !!!
Jeff

Try this. Satellite Finder / Dish Alignment Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com
I use it all the time to point this antenna and my DirecTV one too.

Fenway Park for games 1/2 and now waiting to see if they come back for games 6/7.
chuckinthebus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:04 PM   #5242
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
In a strange, morbid way, it seems like the deer are winning. ;-)
No Dave, the body shops are the winners!
Old 10-25-2013, 11:07 PM   #5243
RVM1

Lots of RVMs now. And a GC only a bit of time from away, actually.

I dont participate here as much as I would like to, or possibly as much as I should. There is so very much thread, so many fine posts, and I cannot approach it effectively or well enough. You are all just to grand!

But, BUT, a GC will clarify lots of things, bring a grand bunch of Mutants to one spot, near to a year since this whole thing started.

I salute you all.

Dave

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:09 PM   #5244

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnkinthebus View Post
Jeff

Try this. Satellite Finder / Dish Alignment Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com
I use it all the time to point this antenna and my DirecTV one too.

Fenway Park for games 1/2 and now waiting to see if they come back for games 6/7.
Hey Chuck !!

Ummmmm my dish isnt that big, but I have just bookmarked that page, thank you so much for that. I know where we are setting right now my dish is supposed to be pointed at 179 degrees which is southwest for satellite 119. The thing of it is I dont know if this dish will repeat, I will find out after I stow it and redeploy it.

Cheers !!!
Old 10-25-2013, 11:12 PM   #5245

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven

I dont participate here as much as I would like to, or possibly as much as I should. There is so very much thread, so many fine posts, and I cannot approach it effectively or well enough. You are all just to grand!

But, BUT, a GC will clarify lots of things, bring a grand bunch of Mutants to one spot, near to a year since this whole thing started.

I salute you all.

Dave
We are all as here as we can be while we're here. Besides - we pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. Cue the music. Somewhere, over the rainbow...
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:12 PM   #5246
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hahahaha Hey Barb !!!,

I have to tell you I am really looking forward, to meeting both you and your furry kids come next April, ermmm you dont charge entertainment charges for Sena do you ?

Cheers !!!
Good Heavens, NO! 'Cause if I did I'd have to have a USDA exhibitors license and there is NO way I need another gov't agency telling me what to do.

I will admit that she is frequently the unscheduled entertainment whenever we go somewhere that requires waiting. She works for treats.

Godspeed my friend.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:23 PM   #5247

Quote:

I salute you all.

Dave
Hi Dave !!!

Have you thought about what it is that has started here? I would suggest you not get overwhelmed with how this thread has taken off. In fact I would think you would be proud of the fact that you and Steve with a spark of an idea have created such a curiosity of like minded mutants. You can only participate as oft as you are able and in between such wonderful Jeep tours and sightseeing, never fear we will await your ponderances as you are able to provide them, in the mean time we will share our ponderances and journeys as they happen.

To those of you that know about the Grand Curiosity at Cathrine's Landing and cannot attend I hope I get the chance to meet you face to face further down the rainbow. To those of you that are not sure you want to go, I strongly suggest you consider the Grand Curiosity if you can. Meeting like minded travelers only helps to enhance your Journey.

Thank you Dave and Steve,

Cheers !!!
Old 10-25-2013, 11:34 PM   #5248

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Hahahaha,

Marcia had a 98 Pontiac Gran Prix, and she got 4 deer with that car, it was fantastic. The first three were doe, but on July 26th 2006 an 8 point buck broadsided her car and she called me at work to come get her. That buck ran into her, not the other way around, he crumpled the fender, hood, and bumper and then twirled about and got both the drivers side doors, $3500 worth of damage, and every guy with a pickup that came by wanted to know if she wanted to keep it. ( she did of course ) I got there and picked him up and dressed him out and saved all the meat and made a mount for my gun shop, with a plaque " My wife's first 8-point buck in velvet" taken with a "98 Pontiac Gran Prix" that was priceless ..... hahahahahaha

Cheers !!!
Old 10-25-2013, 11:42 PM   #5249

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:

A mile or 2 from us?

Hay! Stop over!
I'll try you next week!
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:51 PM   #5250

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Jeff et all - sometimes it seems overwhelming - but never dull and always rewarding to tend the garden we have growing here. You - all 55 mutants - are the nutrients that keep us growing and moving forward through backtracking - side roads - detours - and Tim's roundabout long cut (need to check my RVM Phraseology and Lexicon for exact wording).

The other day Herb and I were PMing about what's happening here. He and Wayne - You Jeff and Dave - Don and Sue - Annie and I meetimg Dave and Deb and The mutants formerly known as breed - have all met as a result of this thread. The likelihood of that have happening without the mutant connection is remote.

With the GC @ CL having 18 RV mutant families interested (and two others that I know of waiting in the wings) enough to sign on - well it's just mutantastic. It keeps me coming back and wanting to expand our curious band of mutants.

I need to get on my game and bring the enhanced roster - next News Letter - and such together.

As Dave says - you mutants are Grand! And I too thank you all for tending the garden. Looking forwad to meeting one and all - if not at the GC - somewhere out there on the rainbow.

I still don't have things and don't miss them - and the journey will always be the destination!

Ommm Ommm Peace to All Mutants Ommm.
RVM2
-- Steve and Annie --

flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote