Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-15-2016, 09:34 PM   #52529
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Okay, I'm just not going to beat around the bush. I'm going to post the content of the email she sent out and add a few things. So here goes:

"So, Wayne just got the MKX out of the body shop a week ago today after having it repaired from the mishap on our way to Tucson. This was a matter of road debris hitting the car as it was being towed behind Citrus. It's very possible that the road debris was the front left jack foot from Citrus. 😖

Today, we were in a left turn lane on Highway 3 in Webster behind another car when a truck heading the opposite direction lost a ladder. The ladder hit the driver's side door of the car in front of us and continued on its way to take out the Lincoln's left side mirror and dent and scratch both left doors. Let's see what we have here: hail damage in Arkansas, bashed driver's side door in Rockport while parked behind Citrus, bashed front from road debris when being towed, and today, attacked by an incoming extension ladder. Wayne said afterwards that we need to find his old Saturn Vue. No one was out to get it.

RVM's -- he is sure to post something about this later on. Just commiserate"

=================

She forgot to mention, and before Herb jumps in, the tire that got hit by the curb jumping out at it. I told her I'd even take my motorcycle back but she said, "No way!"

Hey, it is what it is and then it is what you make of it. I'm getting to the point where Miya can start hanging her toenails out the back window when she wants to. See if Earlene buys that.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-15-2016, 09:45 PM   #52530
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
NO AC unit on top?
They just leave the door open - look at the picture

Quote:
OMG... you don't want to know the thought that just ran through my mind ...
Ah! Go ahead. Everyone else takes shots at me. Big target.

Quote:
Oh, Wayne, I'm sorry...I'm trying not to giggle at that.....I guess I am crass and immature....
but you might consider looking into gluten free if that's a continuing problem in your life for Earlene.
No way girl. It just feels so good. Besides, it's not basement air conditioning, it's basement heat with a texture of perfume.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 09:48 PM   #52531

Wayne - - - it certainly IS frustrating to have the feeling that your vehicle has a sign on the front of it "Hit me! Throw stuff of all varieties at me! My role in life is to sustain damage from your ignorant behavior" etc. etc. etc.

In my borrowed car (from Mary Ann's 1st cousin while ours is getting fixed}, on three occasions I was sure that cars were going to side swipe us or move over into my driver's door.

Hail, stones, rear endings . . . . oh the humanity. When will we see the end of this nonsense? I'm a target I tell you.

Sad day in mutantdom. Sounds like Russ was a fine man. Comforting ohms to his dear wife.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:05 PM   #52532

Vintage RV Owners Club
Perhaps mutants who are sun seekers should steer clear of full moons and stay put until the moon is no longer full....It's documented to affect folks in hospitals and nursing homes, and folks everywhere... when the traffic gets really stupid around KC, I always go to the calendar and look to see if it is a full moon... most usually it is.
Old 03-16-2016, 06:29 AM   #52533

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Okay, I'm just not going to beat around the bush. I'm going to post the content of the email she sent out and add a few things. So here goes:

"So, Wayne just got the MKX out of the body shop a week ago today after having it repaired from the mishap on our way to Tucson. This was a matter of road debris hitting the car as it was being towed behind Citrus. It's very possible that the road debris was the front left jack foot from Citrus. 😖

Today, we were in a left turn lane on Highway 3 in Webster behind another car when a truck heading the opposite direction lost a ladder. The ladder hit the driver's side door of the car in front of us and continued on its way to take out the Lincoln's left side mirror and dent and scratch both left doors. Let's see what we have here: hail damage in Arkansas, bashed driver's side door in Rockport while parked behind Citrus, bashed front from road debris when being towed, and today, attacked by an incoming extension ladder. Wayne said afterwards that we need to find his old Saturn Vue. No one was out to get it.

=================

She forgot to mention, and before Herb jumps in, the tire that got hit by the curb jumping out at it. I told her I'd even take my motorcycle back but she said, "No way!"

Hey, it is what it is and then it is what you make of it. I'm getting to the point where Miya can start hanging her toenails out the back window when she wants to. See if Earlene buys that.
And here I was thinking what a nice vehicle that MKZ, but now, it looks to be a target for others so I think I'll pass on one...
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 07:26 AM   #52534

Quote:

=================

Its the dang road trolls.....
But at least your people fairies kept you safe... What if that ladder had come thru the window.....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 08:25 AM   #52535

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:

OH MY! At least you try to make lemonade but with all this...you can make a barrel of it!
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 01:19 PM   #52536

Hey Wayne, sorry about you Caddy. It's a booger when a toad has issues, a giant booger when you love the car.
Well STMs, I finally got my Aqua-Hot going, just needed to swap the burner nozzle. But, heck, I only procrastinated for 3 months; a new record!
Glamping at Sisters house in Mesa. Being force fed.

Dave and Nola, RV Mutants
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 01:22 PM   #52537

Hey folks, please leave comments on the Memorial post for Russ Tanner. I plan to print it out and send it to Mirna.
Thanks for the great idea, Marty!

Dave and Nola, RV Mutants
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 04:42 PM   #52538

How do I find the memorial post ?
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 04:46 PM   #52539

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
How do I find the memorial post ?
Oh found it .... TY.