Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2016, 06:44 PM   #52599

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Wondering if it was a weird 1 sided migraine type thing going on... stroke doesn't seem to fit although all the symptoms would look like it. If there was no mini aneurysm,( congenital vein weakness) then I couldn't even begin to guess....(That's the ol' PT in me talking sorry, you have seen all the right folks already. ) Chalk it up to an expensive and scary fluke and forget about it! Don't let it dim your rainbow.

Hi, Marty:

It was a stroke. They found a small clot on the left occipital area. Fortunately it was small and my symptoms started to resolve quickly. They had me on blood thinners pretty quickly, although I had waited too long for the clot busting stuff. I was told to behave and call 911 if there's a next time.
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2016, 06:45 PM   #52600

Vintage RV Owners Club
Elizabeth,
So scary! Take care of yourself. Heh heh, I kept reading and saw you wrote again so I revised my post...

Shara,
Get better Quick.

Ann,
Keep on healing up!

Tim,
next time you might try sinking the legs into concrete like fence posts.... might help a tall structure in a clearing withstand some strong winds... Sorry to see that
magnificent accomplishment go down like that.

Spent the day at a Pet CPR class. Now, we decided to do Last Sunday of the Month at Mom's this week instead of next week so the families don't feel torn between 2 grannies on Easter... so we are sweeping and mopping and vacuuming, and dusting, and well, ya'll know the drill.....
Later!
Old 03-19-2016, 07:55 PM   #52601

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Elizabeth,
So scary! Take care of yourself. Heh heh, I kept reading and saw you wrote again so I revised my post...

Shara,
Get better Quick.

Ann,
Keep on healing up!

Tim,
next time you might try sinking the legs into concrete like fence posts.... might help a tall structure in a clearing withstand some strong winds... Sorry to see that
magnificent accomplishment go down like that.

Spent the day at a Pet CPR class. Now, we decided to do Last Sunday of the Month at Mom's this week instead of next week so the families don't feel torn between 2 grannies on Easter... so we are sweeping and mopping and vacuuming, and dusting, and well, ya'll know the drill.....
Later!

You clean AFTER not before......

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 09:39 PM   #52602
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
Hi, Marty:

It was a stroke. They found a small clot on the left occipital area. Fortunately it was small and my symptoms started to resolve quickly. They had me on blood thinners pretty quickly, although I had waited too long for the clot busting stuff. I was told to behave and call 911 if there's a next time.
I agree that it was a "sign," and not one to be ignored. Something caused that clot. And for goodness sake, if that ever (and I hope never) happens again don't drive, call 911. The life you save may be your own and others.

Happy to hear it was a small thing, but not really small to ignore.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 09:52 PM   #52603

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Never underestimate the fury of a Arkansas storm! I thought we had survived untouched, till a friend sent me this picture of my deer stand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
Oh deer.... Those deer are clever to make you think it was the storm...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
That is one sloppy construction job. A 4 year old could do better with Tinker Toys.
Did Mary know where yur deer stand was fore y'all showed her??

I just couldn't resist Tim. Sorry! Sad to see your pride and joy in a pile of kindling.
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 09:55 PM   #52604

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
I agree that it was a "sign," and not one to be ignored. Something caused that clot. And for goodness sake, if that ever (and I hope never) happens again don't drive, call 911. The life you save may be your own and others.

Happy to hear it was a small thing, but not really small to ignore.

iRV2 has taught us much. You have opened eyes, Elizabeth

Dave and Nola, RV Mutants
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 09:58 PM   #52605

Solo Rvers Club
Healing ommmmsss and prayers said for all you sicko STMs. And any others that need 'em.

Shara, Ann and Elizabeth get well asap!

Earleen and Wayne belated Anniversary wishes. I heard them Roomba vacuums are real time savers Wayne. That way Earleen would have time to use that new coffee pot y'all got her!

Have a wonderful weekend y'all!
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 09:59 PM   #52606

Tim, sorry about your man hut. Really! Now get to work. Grandson to satisfy.
Elizabeth, Shara, et al....please get well soon.

Dave and Nola, RV Mutants
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 11:02 PM   #52607

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
You clean AFTER not before......

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!

Yeah, I say that all the time..."should've just waited to clean until after..." but with little ones crawling around on the floor... they are just the right age to be picking up every tiny little thing and of course it goes into the mouth, and Bess is blowing her coat, and tracking mud bits in , and then there's the ever shedding cats..... so in reality, it's both! LOL... doing it easy tomorrow... spaghetti, all I make this time is noodles, brown the meat, and tear some lettuce... they are bringing, doing the rest of it. ok, well, I'll be setting the table and filling the dishwasher too, and making coffee....and more coffee... really, it's a group effort anymore, I get on facebook in the chat I set up for them and say hey, this is what I think or what do ya'll want this time... and the ideas come rolling in and they say what they are bringing, it comes together pretty easy.
Old 03-19-2016, 11:53 PM   #52608

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
My apologies to Elizabeth for my rant earlier today. You scared the begeezus outta me. I knew from the description of your symptoms that you had suffered a stroke. I am so glad that your stroke was small and you returned to full function so soon.

I lost both of my grandmothers to strokes when I was 5 and 11 years old. One died in her sleep, the other suffered paralysis on her left side, lost the ability to speak and spent her last months in a nursing home in diapers. I guess that turned me into a bit of a zealot on the subject. I don't want anyone to rob their grandkids the way I feel I was robbed.

For everyone who reads this list here is what you need to remember. FAST!

F -- FACE droops
A -- ARM weakness
S -- SPEECH slurring
T-- TIME matters. Call 911 immediately! Modern miracle clot-buster drugs must be given within a limited amount of time and a CAT scan must be done first to make sure that the stroke is caused by a clot and not a brain bleed.

Please educate yourself about this potentially deadly problem. The life or quality of life you save may be a stranger at the mall, someone you love or even yourself.

Stroke Warning Signs and Symptoms

Ok, I'll step down off the soapbox now. I love y'all and don't want anything to happen to any of you.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 11:59 PM   #52609

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
Hey, Tim:

I found your new tree stand!

Attachment 121803
Very Mutant, for sure!

Tim if you can't sink the legs in concrete maybe some sturdy guy-wires will make your rebuild a bit more wind resistant? We all know about the hazards of Springtime in Arkansas.

And Spring started today! Oh boy, Tim -- iSpring weather started early this year. You are in BIG trouble.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 03-20-2016, 06:06 AM   #52610

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Oops! I forgot to mention I had a Mini-C with Pogo and Fossum Saturday afternoon. We met up at a model railroad get together on the north side of Glendale, AZ. Most of the model trains are large enough to ride upon and are exact replicas of actual locomotives of today and of years gone by. Dennis will be able to explain in greater detail and post pictures. Sena went with me so I was too busy answering questions to juggle a camera.

They are boondacking on BLM land near Cottonwood and don't have Internet access. Monday I will leave Phoenix and head up there to join them. We will then move to DHRSP for Mel and Kate's kick off to full time on the Rainbow the following week.

Geez! This winter has just flown by!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 03-20-2016, 07:29 AM   #52611

Vintage RV Owners Club
Morning Barb, you are up early! Funny how our perception of time which goes along at the same pace seems to slow or quicken according to what is going on in our lives....
Old 03-20-2016, 07:55 AM   #52612
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTech39 View Post
Healing ommmmsss and prayers said for all you sicko STMs. And any others that need 'em.

Shara, Ann and Elizabeth get well asap!

Earleen and Wayne belated Anniversary wishes. I heard them Roomba vacuums are real time savers Wayne. That way Earleen would have time to use that new coffee pot y'all got her!

Have a wonderful weekend y'all!
The Roomba would drive Miya crazy. I tried vacuuming once. I pulled and pulled and pulled that start cord to no avail. Earlene finally said, "Get out of the way!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Oops! I forgot to mention I had a Mini-C with Pogo and Fossum Saturday afternoon.

[...]
Was he wearing his girlie outfit again! Sheesh!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote