Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-19-2016, 10:51 AM   #53551
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
congrats Mel & Kate... well, that was a surprise!
Lol. Well, Murphy is just too small to live in FT, with only one slide. (Legally changed the old coach's name from "Bow" to "Murphy" ... The Poobah presided.) We needed the extra 3 feet of length and the 4 slides that the new one gives us.

We left the dealer after handing over $$ and looked at each other wide-eyed and said, "We're all in now!"

We are working on a name for the new one. It'll come .....
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2016, 10:53 AM   #53552
MPH

We had such a great time at Dead Horse! Missed all youse who couldn't make it. Can't wait to see y'all down the road.

Barb, have a "probable" list yet for Oregon Coast 2017? We wouldn't miss that one!
Old 04-19-2016, 10:56 AM   #53553
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I have been biting my tongue a few days now with the secrets of the Second Ever Mel and Kate Hunt for a Rainbow Rider. Oh the humanity!

As Mel mentioned, in our hunt I came across Dave Mattson in the Phoenix area who performs PDI's. I never employed his services but got to know him through conversations, emails and texts. Seemed like a great guy. Then - I referred him 3 or 4 times to folks on iRV2 and all had very high praise for him and his service. As it turns out, he is running the service department at the place Mel and Kate were shopping! They found him to be honest and straight shooting - like the others had noted. If you need a PDI in the Phoenix / Mesa area, his cell phone # is 480-510-6646.

I'm so proud of Mel and Kate for their self-actualization and making their dream come true their way! It doesn't get any better than that! Well done ladies! Well done.

We're here for another week and hope to get down to Mesa to see the currently unamed (as far as I know) new Rainbow Rider. She's a beauty in pics and can't wait to see her face to face.

Have a great day mutants!
And thanks, Steve. Know it was hard for you to sit on that news for so long! Congrats! We love you, bro.
Old 04-19-2016, 02:43 PM   #53554

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Hey bro... do you ya miss us yet? And by us - I mean all us mutants that had the distinct pleasure to meet youse two (and the 2 fur faces)??
Darn tootin' and we're already looking forward to the next GC that we can attend.

Also looking forward to so minis with youse guys as in whole dammed mutant fambly.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 05:00 PM   #53555

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Barb, have a "probable" list yet for Oregon Coast 2017? We wouldn't miss that one!
Yep, that list has 2 parks on it. I'll start with a FHU park Steve suggested that is as far south as we would consider

Waterfront Oregon Coast Marina & Camping at Reasonable Rates

Then work north along the coast stopping to view facilities and see what sort of deals we might get for a whole buncha mutants. So far I'm liking this place the best but it does not yet have sewers at each site. I'm hoping to convince them to add a small "premium site" section with FHU --

Wapiti RV Park, Camping, Lincoln City

I don't think we want to be any further north than Pacific City, OR. If anyone would like to suggest a park, PLEASE let me know soon.

Also, if you plan to be there (99% sure) think you'll be there (75% or more sure) or hope you can be there (50% - 75% sure) please let me know so I can have numbers to use as a bargaining tool. Right now I'm thinking the dates will be 8/17/17 to 8/24/17. The eclipse is the morning of 8/21.

So, if you want to be one of the first in the U.S. to watch RVMoon defeat that mean ol' August sun start planning now. This will be a once in a lifetime opportunity.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 05:01 PM   #53556

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Ahh, beauteous! Lovely mama, lovely bump. Hello, Hayden!

X-2, Yes Meg, I mean both of you!

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 2019 Coach House 26' .... Our Chihuahua T.T. lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 05:06 PM   #53557

Since all you Mutants already know me, I dont mind showing my ignorance...

I remember that ignorance can be fixed, BUT stupid is FOREVER... lol

Anyway, Mel & Kate talked about a "PDI"... What does that mean??

I looked in Di's list of codes & my long list of acronyms, but could not find anywhere..

Can someone try to "Fix" my ignorance?

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 2019 Coach House 26' .... Our Chihuahua T.T. lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
Old 04-19-2016, 05:07 PM   #53558

Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post
X-2, Yes Meg, I mean both of you!

Meg knows that you folks have congratted her, and thanks you all very heartily.
Today we went to the Shimp Factory on the river walk in Savannah. It was superb!
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1461107132.004291.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	124643

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1461107169.038608.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	124644

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1461107184.346517.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	124645

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1461107199.437447.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	124646
Hayden loves seafood!

Dave and Nola, RV Mutants
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 05:12 PM   #53559

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Yep, that list has 2 parks on it. I'll start with a FHU park Steve suggested that is as far south as we would consider

Then work north along the coast stopping to view facilities and see what sort of deals we might get for a whole buncha mutants. So far I'm liking this place the best but it does not yet have sewers at each site. I'm hoping to convince them to add a small "premium site" section with FHU --

I don't think we want to be any further north than Pacific City, OR. If anyone would like to suggest a park, PLEASE let me know soon.

Also, if you plan to be there (99% sure) think you'll be there (75% or more sure) or hope you can be there (50% - 75% sure) please let me know so I can have numbers to use as a bargaining tool. Right now I'm thinking the dates will be 8/17/17 to 8/24/17. The eclipse is the morning of 8/21.

So, if you want to be one of the first in the U.S. to watch RVMoon defeat that mean ol' August sun start planning now. This will be a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Good luck Barb... We can go with whatever hookups you can arrange & feel 50% - 75% sure... Mark us as a "HOPE TO".

We want to use it as a stopover on the way to Seattle since we didnt make it in 2015...

I wish there was some way that I could help or suggest something, but I am sure you will have many ideas...

Old 04-19-2016, 05:18 PM   #53560

We will be a definite for the moon fest.

Cheers !!!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 06:32 PM   #53561

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:

Barb, mark us down as 75%-ers! And FHU please.......

MzCrude RVM17A, traveling with Don RVM17, Mr. Malone RVM17B & Spooky RVM17C
Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
MZCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 07:21 PM   #53562

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ok, time to start that list of attendees. I added FHU after those who are really wanting full hook ups. If you would be ok with someone coming by every day or 2 to remove gray water with a portable tank (for an extra charge) that is not FHU.

99%
Barb, Sena & Lily
Mel & Kate
Dennis & Denise
Steve & Annie FHU
Jeff & Marcia
Dave & Nola
Carl & da birds

75%
Don and Colleen FHU

50%
Richard & Ann
Marty & Bob (can he fly over the beach?)

I know I've left lots off, but it's late and my brain is tired.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 07:23 PM   #53563

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:

It's 41 miles from the place I located (with about 2 minutes search) and your suggested furthest south point and the place you suggested as furthest north. I imagine there are some places in between, and possibly a little further on either end.

As best anyone can guesstimate where they'll be in August of 2017, we're in. But it will be full hookups. That's non-negotiable for us.

So far I'm thinking we have
Jeff and Marcia
Richard and Ann
Barb, Sena and Lily
Steve and Annie
Colleen, Don and Mr. Malone
Dave and Nola (I believe)

Not sure who else, or if you want to channel this to the yahoo group for now.

In the meantime - any one going to Maine with us this year??? Or PEI...
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 07:24 PM   #53564

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post
Since all you Mutants already know me, I dont mind showing my ignorance...

I remember that ignorance can be fixed, BUT stupid is FOREVER... lol

Anyway, Mel & Kate talked about a "PDI"... What does that mean??

I looked in Di's list of codes & my long list of acronyms, but could not find anywhere..

Can someone try to "Fix" my ignorance?
PDI = Pre Delivery Inspection...
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote