Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-21-2016, 05:52 PM   #53649

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
All my "official" mail goes to South Dakota and I haven't been where I could have them forward any to me since Phoenix over a month ago. I instinctively paniced for about 2 seconds then realized the IRS would have used my name and not a generic robo call. That stuff is aimed at the elderly. I'm glad I decided to stay middle aged for the rest of my life.
We also get those calls plus the one that says our computer is running slow and if we will give them access, they will speed it up. Another one we get is the call saying we have won a free trip. Only if it was legit!

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2016, 05:53 PM   #53650

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Question!

Are there any plans for a rally in the area of El Paso or southern NM?

Thanks!
Dave
FMCA F451520 - Texas Boomers - RVM#128
Daveht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 06:09 PM   #53651

American Coach Owners Club
R U a mutant

I received two of those calls last fall... listen carefully they say IRS's.
rezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 06:44 PM   #53652
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
I was toying with Makea; Mel and Kate's Excellent Adventurer.

Yes it does sound reasonable and could be added to the tail end of the big nekked Moon dance next August after next. August in Oregon, September in BC, all capped by the great rattle snake roundup over 't Les's place.

Hey look at what found its way to the wall in our dining room.
Dennis, tossed your name idea to Kate and we kinda like it. We are trying to come up with a feminine Native American name meaning "noble" or "regal" or "strong" or "bold" or "beautiful and strong" or "adventurer" or ... well, you get the idea.

"Makea" sounds like it could be Hopi or Navajo. Since we found our dream coach in AZ, we thought we'd give her a Native American name.

It is hard to be patient and wait til May 4th to pick her up! We had to have AlwaysRV put 6 new tires on her, as the date codes on the current tires are 4610. Ugh. I'm not driving on those. And they will fix any and every single problem they find with any system. Plus, we asked them to repair the top rear pealing paint. They will make it look new.

"Nekked moon dance" ...? Wayne's got to be there in his tutu. And Dave will be wearing nothing but a pedi ....

Those paintings are great, Dennis! Are they your work?

Finally, if there are rattlesnakes involved, we won't show up. I went to a big rattlesnake roundup in Sweetwater, TX when I was in college and that was enough to give me snake nightmares for years! I do NOT like snakes. Shudder.
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 06:57 PM   #53653

K. My thought, Mel and Kate, Minnehaha, the maiden.

Dave and Nola, RV Mutants
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 07:06 PM   #53654

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Dennis, tossed your name idea to Kate and we kinda like it. We are trying to come up with a feminine Native American name meaning "noble" or "regal" or "strong" or "bold" or "beautiful and strong" or "adventurer" or ... well, you get the idea.

"Makea" sounds like it could be Hopi or Navajo. Since we found our dream coach in AZ, we thought we'd give her a Native American name.

It is hard to be patient and wait til May 4th to pick her up! We had to have AlwaysRV put 6 new tires on her, as the date codes on the current tires are 4610. Ugh. I'm not driving on those. And they will fix any and every single problem they find with any system. Plus, we asked them to repair the top rear pealing paint. They will make it look new.

"Nekked moon dance" ...? Wayne's got to be there in his tutu. And Dave will be wearing nothing but a pedi ....

Those paintings are great, Dennis! Are they your work?

Finally, if there are rattlesnakes involved, we won't show up. I went to a big rattlesnake roundup in Sweetwater, TX when I was in college and that was enough to give me snake nightmares for years! I do NOT like snakes. Shudder.

No Mel... One of my paintings, he had gotten it framed....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 07:54 PM   #53655

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
No Mel... One of my paintings, he had gotten it framed....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
I actually did the framing but Denise picked the matting and the frame. We are both very happy, as we hope you are, with the way it turned out. Denise was ecstatic when you gave here the painting and wanted it to be a centerpiece in the dining room.

Thanks again for such a wonderful gift.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 08:36 PM   #53656

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveht View Post
Question!

Thanks!
Dave
Dave,

We're now seeing the great RVMutant migration north as the southern states are warming up. I'm hoping that if you plan it at the right time they will come -- especially to the Oregon coast in August 2017.

I personally enjoyed Arizona so much this year I'm planning to go back next winter. Perhaps some of us can swing thru NM on our way north in Spring 2017. Many of us are always up for some playtime with a bunch of mutated friends. I've heard some really nice things about NM state parks, but we were at the fairgrounds in Tucson and had a grand time. The toughest part is finding the right campground. I'm hoping after that the rest is easy.

Don't be such a stranger. We like hearing from all our peeps.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 08:50 PM   #53657

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Another great day in AZ. We ran CR-V Mutant up to Payson for lunch and then another 33 miles out to Woods Canyon Lake. About 180 miles round trip. It's a great drive all along 260 from Camp Verde!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1461293156439.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	124855   Click image for larger version

Name:	1461293282853.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	124856  

Name:	1461293303116.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	124857   Click image for larger version

Name:	1461293324506.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	124858  

Name:	1461293368438.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	124859   Click image for larger version

Name:	1461293400811.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	128.6 KB
ID:	124860  

Name:	1461293422576.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	124861   Click image for larger version

Name:	1461293444091.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	124862  

flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 08:58 PM   #53658

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Warning, warning, DANGER, Will Robinson!

I just had the most white knuckle drive of my entire RVing life (5 years). US-89A from Sedona north is a very busy, very narrow, very twisty, curvy trek up mountains with oncoming cars hugging the center line and old rusty guard rails that don't look like they would keep a bicycle from going over the edge.

The scenery is drop dead gorgeous! But if not very careful that's what might happen to you.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled mutations.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-21-2016, 09:05 PM   #53659

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Another great day in AZ. We ran CR-V Mutant up to Payson for lunch and then another 33 miles out to Woods Canyon Lake. About 180 miles round trip. It's a great drive all along 260 from Camp Verde!
It reminds me a lot of Lynx Lake near Prescott. There is a lot of beautiful places in Arizona. Who knew? Lily would love to play a game of chase with your little furry friend.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-21-2016, 10:26 PM   #53660
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Guess I will just have to say nice things ... Or get used to living in a tow-behind doghouse?
Noooo! Kate wouldn't do that! (As long as you behave.)

Quote:
[...]
And as far as our new ride not having something that we don't miss? ... I will have to get back to you on that one!
[...]
You don't have a dishwasher, right? Oh, never mind. Kate said she has one.

Quote:
>>>>> Scam alert! <<<<<<. I just got a cell phone call with a recorded message that stated that I had an IRS claim filed against me and that if I did not call a phone number immediately that I could have all sorts of evil things happen including being arrested. Being suspicious I did a reverse directory search on that number and it was flagged as a possible IRS scam.

Be careful, y'all!
Nope! Government entities do not make phone calls, well except the VA to let one know they have a medical appointment. They also don't send emails with links in them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveht View Post
Question!

Thanks!
Dave
Dave, sounds great, especially the Las Cruces area. Plan it and we'll try and attend if we are around. We live in Texas and that is only a two night stop to get there.

Quote:
Warning, warning, DANGER, Will Robinson!

I just had the most white knuckle drive of my entire RVing life (5 years). US-89A from Sedona north is a very busy, very narrow, very twisty, curvy trek up mountains with oncoming cars hugging the center line and old rusty guard rails that don't look like they would keep a bicycle from going over the edge.

The scenery is drop dead gorgeous! But if not very careful that's what might happen to you.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled mutations.
Well duh, yeah! I hope you were in Smarty and not the big one. Satellite view, satellite view, satellite view - next time.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 11:09 PM   #53661

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
All my "official" mail goes to South Dakota and I haven't been where I could have them forward any to me since Phoenix over a month ago. I instinctively paniced for about 2 seconds then realized the IRS would have used my name and not a generic robo call. That stuff is aimed at the elderly. I'm glad I decided to stay middle aged for the rest of my life.
Oh Gee... Got one of those calls today... does that put me in the elderly category? I just let my machine listen to any calls I don't recognize the number of....so I missed a really important call today... Bob's cousin called today. Had a hard time getting back to her. Apparently she doesn't pick up numbers she doesn't recognize either...LOL!
Old 04-21-2016, 11:34 PM   #53662

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Oh Gee... Got one of those calls today... does that put me in the elderly category? I just let my machine listen to any calls I don't recognize the number of....so I missed a really important call today... Bob's cousin called today. Had a hard time getting back to her. Apparently she doesn't pick up numbers she doesn't recognize either...LOL!
Now that's funny!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote